New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Serpent's Skull: City of Seven Spears [IC]

“Let’s attack from two sides. Flank.” Fronaldo says to Shersheelda.
    Hopefully ducking an expected attack from the creature, the wee alchemist whips up a nasty cocktail of alchemical agents, adds a dash of his own magic sauce and drinks it down.
    He then sprints off at an amazing rate of speed before ending up behind the four armed monstrosity.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

SA: create and imbibe extract: Channel Vigor. He focuses his strengthening in his limbs. (Affect : as per Haste)
    MA: use acrobatics to avoid attacks and/ or move through threatened squares
    SE (5 ft)
    E (15 ft)
    N (20 ft) * if moving between bushes / obstacles counts as difficult terrain, spend movement as needed to clear it. Stop.
    [If the route North is impassable (from the point before going North), go back West (10 ft). Then: moving acrobatically at full speed, move N(10ft), E(10ft), and N(10ft).]

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

R2T21: “Let’s attack from two sides. Flank.” Fronaldo says to Shersheelda. The wee alchemist whips up a nasty ccoktail of alchemical agents, getting bitten in the side for 7 for his trouble, and then adds a dash of his own magic sauce and drinks it down. He then sprints off at an amazing rate of speed before ending up behind the four-armed monstrosity.

R2T20: "Why you no take weapon? We not flank now!" shouts Sersheelda, obviously frustrated at the speed-goblin. She moves in on Green, who was focused on Fronaldo. She leaps up to kick the girallon in the left shoulder for 9. When she lands post kick, she fails to gore with her horns.

R2T19: Green spins to attack Fronaldo. The bite misses. One claw completely misses, one claw hits hard but doesn't connect, but two claws land for a total of 11.

R2T18: Fruthrin nips at Green.

R2T16: Blue bites Xhanfaerd's left hand for 6. Its first claw comes down from above to savage Xhanfaerd's head an shoulder for 17; the second and fourth claws miss; the third claw catches across the side of Xhanfaerd's neck for 5.

R2T15: Gelik, what do you do?

Red on deck, Aron in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-07-17 at 07:28 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Gellik will continue his oration and fire a ray of energy at blue.

Spoiler
    Show
    FA; maintain performance
    SA; planar detonation RTA; (1d20+9)[23] Dmg (3d6)[10]

4. - Top - End - #94

R2T15: Gelik continues his oration and fires a ray of energy at Blue, hitting it in the upper of its right forearms for 11.

R2T14: Red bites at Book, then throws all claw attacks his way. A claw slams against his armor, almost getting through but for its fear, but otherwise Book is untouched.

R2T10: Aron calls Veress to attack Red. She defensively casts a spell and then disappears.
    Spoiler: Aron >>>Collective
    Show
    "I couldn't safely tumble past them. I am NE of Book, and NW of Xhanfaerd."

R2T8: Xhanfaerd, what do you do?

Harrim on deck, Veress in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Focusing his thoughts on the opponent in reach, Xhanfaerd makes his hammer shine with a silvery light, before striking, sharing his martial knowledge with Fronaldo.

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    Fronaldo, use that when you need some healing. Don't wait too long for it, though.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    First, swift action to enter Silver Crane Waltz, which I forgot to do last round.

Move action to aid another on myself (for +4 total on myself, +2 on the allies, if it works), then I'll initiate Silver Knight's Blade, healing myself, spending 3 PP to then share it with Fronaldo through Echoes of Steel.

Aid Another - (1d20+13)[26]
    Attack - (1d20+13)[32] (+4 if the above isn't a nat 1)
    Damage - (2d6+10)[14]
    Extra damage and heal - (4d6)[15]

Spoiler: OOC Defenses
    Show
    Making a seperate spoiler for clarity.

Defense wise :
    -I'll redirect the first attack that deals more than 10 damage to myself, spending PP to reduce the damage (1PP/4 damage, spending as much as possible, though the down value (ie, if I redirect 15 damage, I'll spend 3 PP and take the remaining 3)).
    -I'll use Body of Delusion on the first attack that hits me and deals more than 16 damage, spending 2 PP for +2 to the roll.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

6. - Top - End - #96

R2T8: Focusing his thoughts on the opponent in reach, Xhanfaerd makes his hammer shine with a silvery light, before striking, sharing his martial knowledge with Fronaldo.
    Spoiler: Xhanfaerd >>> Collective (Fronaldo)
    Show
    "Fronaldo, use that when you need some healing. Don't wait too long for it, though."
    His earthbreaker strikes the girallon right in the groin with an upward swing for 31 and giving himself 15 healing.

R2T7: Harrim casts a spell on himself and then moves forward.

R2T6: Veress moves forward to attack. The tiger bites Red in the right thigh for 9. He bats wth a claw and lands with the other one in the lower arm right under-shoulder for 12, and that claw hangs on enough for him to then rake at the girallon (no strike).

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T26:
    Book, what do you do?

Fronaldo on deck, Sersheelda in the hole ...
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book dashes west and then tumbles north deftly trying to avoid being hit and lands north of the friendly feline and then lashes out at red with his whip.

Spoiler: Technical Information
    Show
    MA: Move 1 square west then 3 north using Acrobatics to avoid being hit and Dodging Panache if he is attacked (Dodging Panache (Ex): 1 panache, IA, when an opponent attempts a melee attack against him, he can move 5 feet; doing so grants him a +5 [CHA] dodge bonus to AC vs. the triggering attack. This movement doesn’t negate the attack, which is still resolved as if he had not moved from the original square.
    * This movement is not a 5-foot step; it provokes AOOs from creatures other than the one who triggered this deed.
    * He can only perform this deed while wearing light or no armor, and while carrying no heavier than a light load.)
    Sure-Footed (He can move through difficult terrain at his normal speed. Ground that has been magically manipulated to impede motion still affects him normally.)

Attack using Risky Strike: (1d20+12)[21]
    Dmg: (1d3+10)[12] {+6} (Precise Strike)
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

8. - Top - End - #98

R3T26: Book dashes west and then tumbles north deftly trying to avoid being hit and lands north of the friendly feline and then lashes out at Red with his whip, lashing its left calf deeply for 20.

R3T21: Fronaldo, you are currently using channel vigor [limbs] and have nothing in hand. You have been given inspiration of tactical attack and healing from Xhanfaerd. What do you do?

Sersheelda on deck, Green in the hole ...
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>collective
    Show

”Thanks Xhan! Sorry Sersheelda.”

The diminutive goblin pulls his trusty knife and slices at the four armed behemoth trying to flank. He uses the special ability that Zhan transferred to him as well as relying on his rogue training and natural pluck.
    Show

MA: draw weapon-magic dagger
    SWa: use 1 Pt. Guile pool for+2 to hit
    SA: attack green garillion, risky strike, goblin foolhardiness(+1) to hit, silver knights blade
    to hit - (1d20+13)[21] +3 not included
    to dam - (1d3+13)[15]
    If flanked (4d8)[18] plus 4 bleed and disoriented
    sliver knight’s blade strike (4d6)[19]

10. - Top - End - #100

R3T21:
    Spoiler: Fronaldo >>> Collective (Xhanfaerd, Sersheelda)
    Show
    ”Thanks, Xhan! Sorry, Sersheelda.”
    The diminutive goblin pulls his trusty knife and slices at the four armed behemoth trying to flank, using the special ability that Zhan transferred to him as well as relying on his rogue training and natural pluck. He stabs the monster right in the hand at an angle that goes into the center of its forearm for 54 + disoriented (+4 bleed), while fully healing himself at the same time.

R3T20: Sersheelda looks up at the big monster to get a good measure of it. She tries to carefully cast a spell, using the red, gem-like die symbol as a focus, but her spell fails.

R3T19: Green suffers 4 bleed. It steps to the north out of the flank, but then lashes out to the south. It bites at Sersheelda, who is dizzyingly effective at getting out of the way, so it goes for the strange-looking quadruped for its trouble, and three of its claws slash into Fruthrin for 20. Fruthrin doesn't bleed so much as its spectral matter is torn away in cloudy chunks, but it still stands there.

R3T18: Fruthrin moves forward to bite it in the other lower hand from what Fronaldo struck, and for 3.

R3T16: Blue snaps at Xhanfaerd and then misses wildly with a claw. The next claw looks like it is going to connect, and Xhanfaerd tries to momentarily port to the Ethereal Plane, but the ferocity surprises him as he is struck along the side of the neck for 7. Another claw ends up raking across his chest for 6.

R3T15: Gelik, you are currently orating. What do you do?

Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-07-22 at 12:30 AM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101

R3T15: Seeing the effectiveness of words against the beasts, Gelik continues his stirring speech. He again does a focused sonic burst against the girallon, but just misses.

R3T14: Red struggles with his captor, biting the tiger in the back for 8, and then landing three claws for a total of 17.

R3T10: Xhanfaerd feels a light tap on his shoulder, and then he sees he is surrounded by flurring, melding, illusory versions of himself. About the same time, a discarded wand appears on the ground, giving away that Aron is still invisibly in that spot.

R3T8: Xhanfaerd, what do you do?

Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

With another hammer strike, Xhanfaerd attempts to chain the beast with doubt.

Show
    Move action to aid another on myself.

Initiating Chains of Doubt on Blue, who has to roll Will DC 19 or be nauseated for one round. Spending Focus to force Red to save as well if Blue fails.

Aid another - (1d20+13)[14]
    Attack - (1d20+13)[17] (+4 if the above is a success)
    [roll=Damage]2d6+3d6+10[/roll]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Show
    Since apparently the dice roller here can't handle complex formulas :
    Damage - (5d6+10)[31] (2d6 from weapon, 3d6 from maneuver)

14. - Top - End - #104

R3T8: With another hammer strike, Xhanfaerd attempts to chain the beast with doubt. He swings from left to right too wildly, though. His weapon skips of of the hard chest muscles of the girallon and slams into the stone block nearby, doing 9 mod to his earthbreaker in the process.

R3T7: Harrim steps up to the grappled Girallon and swings, magical energy guiding his attack. It actually was a very clumsy attack, and yet somehow corrected course mid-swing twice to slam the girallon in the lower leg for 14.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T26:
    Book, you notice that despite getting the beat-down, the girallons have descended enough into a battle fury that they have shaken off whatever terror your initial display inflicted. What do you do?

Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book once again wields his whip in a menacing display of his prowess.

Show
    Dazzling Display (Ex): FRA, while wielding any flails group weapon (incl. whips), he makes an Intimidate check to demoralize all foes w/in 30' who can see his display.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

16. - Top - End - #106

R4T26: Book once again wields his whip in a menacing display of his prowess, again making Red and Blue flinch.

R4T21: Fronaldo, you are currently using limbs (haste) for channel vigor. Magic dagger in hand. What do you do?

Sersheelda on deck, Green in the hole ...
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo feints high and then quickly changes direction to strike at the creature’s vitals. “Watch out ape! I have a wicked sting!”, taunts the diminutive knife fighter.
    Show

MA: feint
    SA: slash with magic dagger, risky strike, +1 attack Goblin Foolhardiness, +2 attack guile pool Pt. -Not included
    [roll=to hit]1d20+13[/roll]
    dam - (1d3+13)[16]
    sneak - (4d8)[19] and disoriented
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2022-07-26 at 10:02 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108

R4T21: Fronaldo feints high and then quickly changes direction to strike along the inside of the creature's lower arm, along the vein for 35+disoriented. “Watch out, ape! I have a wicked sting!”, taunts the diminutive knife fighter.

R4T20: Sersheelda sidesteps to also flank to do a hook kick to its hamstring for 10, then come in low and gore it in the calf for 23. The girallon falls and hits its head on a rock. She says something to Fruthrin in an unknown language, while pointing north.

R4T18: The badly wounded spectral wolf follows its mistress' commands. By coming around a rock it keeps from getting hammered by Blue when it closes and snaps at it.

R4T16: Blue bites at the sudden newcomer, breaking Fruthrin's back and causing it to disappear in a hazy fog. It then focuses its claws against the hammer-wielder. The first claw comes in and nearly cracks Xhanfaerd's spine; even with resisting some of its effects Xhanfaerd takes 8 +2 DEX. The second and fourth attacks get rid of the last of the mirror images.

R4T15: Gelik, do you keep up inspiration? What do you do?

Show

19. - Top - End - #109

R4T15: Gelik maintains his oratory, and gets up behind Xhanfaerd. He carefully concentrates and casts a spell, touching Xhanfaerd for 13 healing. The gnome looks mighty pleased with himself.

R4T14: Red bites Veress for 8, and then in the tiger's grip slashes with its claws, with two scoring for 12 total.

R4T10: Aron's voice is heard casting, and then Veress receives 15 healing.

R4T8: Xhanfaerd, what do you do?

Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Trying to learn from his earlier mistakes, Xhan aims at the girallon's harmony.

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    "This one will be more vulnerable !"

Show
    Move action to aid myself, standard action to initiate Harmony Shattering Strike (with Risky Strike), spending 2PP to add a total of 2d6 damage per allied hit against it, and spending focus to add 2 to the DC (Will DC 19 to not take extra damage from my allies).

Aid myself - (1d20+13)[31]
    Attack 1 - (1d20+11)[30]+4 if above isn't a nat 1
    Damage - (2d6+16)[22]

If the aid another successes, all allies in the collective gain a +2 morale bonus to attack.

21. - Top - End - #111

R4T8: Trying to learn from his earlier mistakes, Xhan aims at the girallon's harmony, hitting it in one of its upper-upper arms for 24.
    Spoiler: Xhanfaerd >>> Collective
    Show
    "This one will be more vulnerable!"

R4T7: Sensing the energy from Xhanfaerd tied to Blue, Harrim steps forward and swings his flail, but it just bounces off of the girallon's tough hide.

R4T6: Veress continues to savage Red for 7 with the grasping bite.

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T26:
    Book, what do you do? Red is grappled and vulnerable, but you also sense a temporary boon against Blue.

Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book deftly tumbles north behind red and lashes out with his whip.

Show
    MA: Using acrobatics move 2 squares to the NE to position himself behind red for flanking damage.

Attack using Risky Strike and Sneak Attack (Sneak Attack (Ex): +3d6 precision damage anytime he is flanking foe, or foe would be denied DEX bonus to AC.
    * Ranged attacks only count as a sneak attack if performed within 30'.
    * W/ a weapon that deals NL damage, he can make a sneak attack that deals NL damage instead of lethal damage.
    ** He cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal NL damage in a sneak attack—not even with the usual –4 penalty.
    * He must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot.
    * He cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with total concealment.): (1d20+12)[31]

Dmg: (1d3+10)[11] +6 for precision damage
    Sneak Attack Damage: (3d6)[7]

23. - Top - End - #113

R6T26: Book deftly tumbles north behind red and lashes out with his whip, hitting upper arms, face, and chest with one nasty slash for 30.

R6T21: Fronaldo, you have a flash of insight on how to cause more pain to Blue. What do you do?

Sersheelda on deck, Blue in the hole ...
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo gives Shersheelda a big thumbs up and grin before sprinting North. He pulls a second tiny dagger from his bandolier as he moves. After acrobatically avoiding Girillion attacks, Fronaldo moves up to the beast Xhan is fighting.
    “Sorry to be late!”
    He slashes at the beastie.
    Show

use acrobatics to avoid AOO.
    MA: move 15’ N, 5’ NW, 15’ N, 10’ W
    SA: slash at big blue with magic dagger, flank with Xhan, Risky strike, sneak attack
    to hit - (1d20+13)[22] +1 for Goblin Foolhardiness trait, +1 channel vigor, plus other stuff by others?
    to dam - (1d3+13)[16] plus sneak - (4d8)[15] plus 4 bleed and disoriented.

25. - Top - End - #115

R6T21: Fronaldo gives Shersheelda a big thumbs up and grin before sprinting North. He pulls a second tiny dagger from his bandolier as he moves. Because he attempts to cover so much ground, his acrobatics are at full speed, and he gets nipped by the girallon for his efforts (5). Fronaldo moves up to the beast Xhan is fighting and quips, “Sorry to be late!”

He slashes at the beastie as its head is still presented to him from the bite, and cuts it deep in the cheek and behind the ear for 44 + disoriented (+4 bleed).

R6T20: Sersheelda's little legs begin moving her to the main battle.

R6T16: Blue suffers 4 bleed ... and falls.

R6T15: Gelik, what do you do?

Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Gelik continues his performance as he repositions to get a clear shot at the last remaining foe, before firing off another piercing ray at it.

Spoiler: Take this you damned dirty ape
    Show

FA; maintain performance
    MA;5ft NW then 5ft W
    SA; Planar Detonation aimed at Red. RTA - (1d20+9)[26] Dmg - (3d6)[9]

27. - Top - End - #117

R6T15: Gelik continues his performance as he repositions to get a clear shot at the last remaining foe, before firing off another piercing ray at it, hitting it in the right shoulder for 11.

R6T14: Red goes into its death throes now. It nips Veress for 1, then brings all claws to bear against the tiger. Three claws hit for a total of 24, and Veress is doing very poorly.

R6T10: An invisible Aron casts healing on Veress for 18.

R6T8: Xhanfaerd, what do you do?

Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhanfaerd steps forward and analyses possibilities, sending his intuitions over the collective.

Show
    5 foot step N (but probably still uses up a move action) then as a move action, aid another for Harrim.

Aid Another - (1d20+13)[18]
    If successful, everybody gains a +2 morale bonus to attack, Harrim gains a +2 circumstance bonus to attack, and I ready Silver Knight's Blade.

29. - Top - End - #119

R6T8: Xhanfaerd steps forward and analyzes possibilities, sending his intuitions over the collective.

R6T7: Harrim's attack - even with all of the help - is sloppy, and he completely misses.

R6T6: Veress loses its grip ... the last girallon is free.

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T26:
    Book, what do you do?

Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book continues his onslaught with his whip from the creature's flank.

Show

Attack using Risky Strike and Sneak Attack (Sneak Attack (Ex): +3d6 precision damage anytime he is flanking foe, or foe would be denied DEX bonus to AC.
    * Ranged attacks only count as a sneak attack if performed within 30'.
    * W/ a weapon that deals NL damage, he can make a sneak attack that deals NL damage instead of lethal damage.
    ** He cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal NL damage in a sneak attack—not even with the usual –4 penalty.
    * He must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot.
    * He cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with total concealment.): (1d20+12)[31]
    Dmg: (1d3+10)[12] +6 (precise strike)

Sneak Attack: (3d6)[8]

Disoriented from Debilitating Injury