A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: (Closed to New Interest) [PF1e] Tales of the Utopians: Near-Epic Modern Superhero

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    Closest I could find is giving the weapon the training property (which grants a combat feat) and use that to grab the proficiency.
    First Google result . That said instead of a wayfarer for focus, I suggest you get the stone implanted so it can't be removed and line of effect is broken for anti-magic/tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.
    Status Update:
    Girlfriend didn't pay internet, very slow for next little bit.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [PF1e] Tales of the Utopians: Near-Epic Modern Superheroes

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Could use the custom item guidelines to put a continuous Bestow Weapon Proficiency spell on your weapon, constantly granting the wielder proficiency with itself. Would cost 24000 by the guidelines, but that's probably better than costing +1 worth of enchantment?
    That's like very very expensive. I could use it though as I can cast spells/powers through the collective.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    First Google result . That said instead of a wayfarer for focus, I suggest you get the stone implanted so it can't be removed and line of effect is broken for anti-magic/tech.
    I don't think I will be able to make it work. I am sharing the mindblade not the stone that would grant the proficiency. I am theoretically sharing it with random schmucks don't want to assume they will have a implanted stone.
    Last edited by thethird; Yesterday at 07:22 AM.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

I don't think I will be able to make it work. I am sharing the mindblade not the stone that would grant the proficiency. I am theoretically sharing it with random schmucks don't want to assume they will have a implanted stone.
    And it will help them in some way? I mean, I also work around buffing and protecting allies, but giving even the greatest weapon to random poorly prepared and trained troops will lead to their death.

Another thing, if it's a squad of professionals. But in this case it's totally normal for them to be equipped with the most expensive and advanced outfits. And they definitely can include everything necessary to operate such shared mindblade.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFlash View Post
    So do we think the Utopians have ever really been pushed? Any villains around, past or present (excluding whatever this new event brings) which are on their tier?
    I'm writing background, keeping in mind introduction info. And there Llyarden made a clear statement, that
    Among the heroes, you are the greatest. Whether through technology, skill, or supernatural power, if you exclude your compatriots your power exceeds that of the next strongest heroes (or villains) by a significant order of magnitude. Some speculate that it would take a dozen of them to best just one of you - if not more. The true extent of your powers may well simply have never been revealed, for nothing has ever challenged you enough for you to need to go all out.
    So, no regular world-class threats. As I see it, the largest amount of villains was after the ending of wars period (that started after Exodus). And, frankly speaking, I consider this period right after Exodus the most difficult and dangerous to Earth.

Nowadays, first of all, most magical powers and effects are duplicated by technology (again, from introduction post). I guess, some major spells (clone, resurrection, reincarnation, I'm looking at you) are still valuable, but to a large extent essential effects moved to technological field, thus - to the hands of people. Power balance, considering, that we haven't yet met villains, equal in power, is on our side. And the Earth big players now presumably deal with such values, as resources, political influence, cultural changes, business development, and organize conflicts around them. But not around desire to wipe life from the planet.

So, we had some time to gather forces and prepare for what's coming.
    Last edited by Xav; Yesterday at 08:34 AM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

That's like very very expensive. I could use it though as I can cast spells/powers through the collective.

Mind blade, huh? Hmm. Let's se...
    Bestow Weapon Proficiency is a 2nd level spell on most lists. Can you make your mind blade intelligent? If it becomes a bonded creature, it can cast spells on it's wielder.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: (Closed to New Interest) [PF1e] Tales of the Utopians: Near-Epic Modern Superhero

*looks it up* Huh, I thought Strategos gave proficiency with Bladed collective. Guess not. There's always Augmented Blade to send either a copy of your augmented weapon OR a copy of youur psicrystal to augment an attack, but I see you're not doing that. Maybe its a required secondary power? (TVTropes link)
    Last edited by Hellfire014; Yesterday at 11:11 AM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I could use some help understanding this class feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel
    Opportunistic Offense (Ex)
    At 5th level, once per round when the sentinel makes an attack of opportunity, she can treat it as an attack action for the purpose of which talents she can apply to the attack.
    I'm not sure which talents I could apply here. If I had the Death Sphere could I make the AoO a Ghost Strike, and then add on a [strike] talent to that Death Strike? What about the Sniper Sphere and Deadly Shot, adding one (snipe) talent to the Deadly Shot? (Assuming here for illustration that I can somehow make AoO with a ranged weapon).

These are just examples, I don't have those talents. I'm just trying to understand what kinds of talents I can attach to the AoO.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

7. - Top - End - #427

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post

I'm not sure which talents I could apply here. If I had the Death Sphere could I make the AoO a Ghost Strike, and then add on a [strike] talent to that Death Strike? What about the Sniper Sphere and Deadly Shot, adding one (snipe) talent to the Deadly Shot? (Assuming here for illustration that I can somehow make AoO with a ranged weapon).

These are just examples, I don't have those talents. I'm just trying to understand what kinds of talents I can attach to the AoO.
    You would need the Spell Attack feat to use it with [strike] talents, but yes.

8. - Top - End - #428

RedWizardGuy

When I was going over writing my character's backstory I tried to give the sensation that it (or she) has rarely gone all out, and that she is mostly having fun doing what she does.

Also, general question, as I need some optimization help. I need a way to have a weapon grant proficiency with itself. In 3.5 there was the skillful weapon enhancement. Any idea of something similar to that?

So my character can share it's mindblade through the collective but there is no actual indication of people getting automatic proficiency in it.

Closest I could find is giving the weapon the training property (which grants a combat feat) and use that to grab the proficiency.
    Custom items are allowed and Ioun stones are already slotless, so you should be able to just combine an Opalescent White Pyramid with each weapon. Perhaps as jewels in the Pommel. Could even go as far as having the pommel count as a wayfinder to grant weapon focus too, though that runs into issues if you give them to someone who already has a wayfinder.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

You could apply the dual wielding one to get an extra attack.

Also speaking of attack actions on attacks of opportunity there is a feat in path of war to do that all the time.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

10. - Top - End - #430
    Halfling in the Playground

RAW no on [strike] talents, they've all got special rules saying you can't [strike] using less than a standard action, plus while someone else mentioned spell attack even if that worked which is dubious spell attack is a feat and not a talent so it wouldn't work with spell attack. So the RAW answer is basically every combat talent, but not [strikes], spell attack, vital strike, or other feats and non-talent options.

Sniper, Berserker, Dual Wielding, Barrage, all of them would work completely fine. It's only once you go beyond combat talents things get difficult.

11. - Top - End - #431

BardGuy

You could apply the dual wielding one to get an extra attack.

Also speaking of attack actions on attacks of opportunity there is a feat in path of war to do that all the time.
    That would be Seize the Opportunity, which is explicitly called out as not compatible with spheres.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yep, this feature can be great (and even build-defining in some cases), especially if you use something like "Seize the Opportunity" feat to make any number of attack actions on AoO.
    Not sure about Spheres, but there definitely is a class feature in PoW (Harbinger), that lets you make strikes during AoO.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Okay, thanks for the replies. At the moment I don't think I have a Talent that works with it, so I'll just ignore it for now.

Edit: I don't think I've ever played a Spheres character before and I really jumped into it with both feet here. I think I've got all the mathfinder stuff done but I gotta take another break before getting into the story part of the character. Here's some stuff about numbers and abilities for those interested. I probably have some duplicate sphere effects I need to trim. This isn't his final character sheet, just my own cheat sheet for what he can do.

Spoiler: Stuff
    Show
    Solar is a Warden 20 // Sentinel 20. He's got the Gifted Mythic Path, his Boon is 20th level Veilweaving from Sphereshaper and he took the HO Gestalt feat for some Fighter levels. He's an area-denial fighter that plays reactively, responding to and negating enemies attacks upon himself and his allies. Abilities listed are grouping similar benefits together (Blind-Fight + Improved Blind-Fight, etc).

Feats

Blind-Fighting: Melee attacks ignore miss chance for less than total concealment, treat total concealment as normal concealment (20% miss chance), may still reroll a miss chance percentile. Invisible attacker gains no benefit to hitting Solar. May move at full speed while blinded without Acrobatics checks.
    Skill Focus: +6 Acrobatics
    Weapon Focus: +2 attack with Spears. Roll 3 times for each spear attack, take the best result.
    Extra Essence: Gain 2 Essence.
    Improved Initiative: +4 initiative.
    Dodge: +1 AC vs one target.
    Mobility: +4 AC vs Attacks of Opportunity
    Nimble Moves/Acrobatic Steps: Ignore 45ft of difficult terrain each round.
    Lightning Stance: Gain 50% Concealment for 1 round after moving 5 ft.
    Spring Attack: Make 2nd & 3rd iterative attacks against different targets.
    Combat Reflexes: Infinite Attacks of Opportunity per round [or 1 + Dex Mod + Improved Haste if not allowed to use Infinite AoO to fuel abilities]
    Cleave: Repeat each normal attack against each opponent in reach.
    Disruptive: +19 DC to cast spells defensively in threatened area.
    Spellbreaker: Non-mythic creatures provoke AoO when using spell or SLA, always. All enemies provoke AoO when they fail defensive casting check.
    Gestalt: Gain benefits of 10th level Fighter (Soldier Archetype)
    Heroic Grace: Add Wisdom modifier to saving throws.
    Go First: Solar goes first in initiative. Roll off between others with similar abilities.

Fighter

Alert Conditioning: +3 to Perception and Initiative.
    Weapon Training +2: Spears
    Sphere Specialization (Guardian): +10 Hit Points. Increased Damage Pool.

Sentinel

Sentinelís Reserve: 10 + Wisdom Modifier. Spend 1 as Swift action to Temp HP equal to 40 + Wisdom modifier for 1 minute.

Wise Reflexes: May use Wisdom modifier instead of Dexterity modifier for initiative and Reflex.
    Dedicated Defense: Gain DR 5/- (stacks with other similar).
    Deathless: Add Wisdom score to Constitution score for death threshold.
    Stalwart: No partial effects on successful Fortitude or Will save.
    Diamond Aegis: On failed saving throw, spend Reserve point as free action.

Second Wind: Spend 1 Reserve as Swift action to heal 10d6 + Wisdom modifier, up to max half HP. May reduce healing by half to regain Martial Focus. May Spend 1 additional point to ignore healing limit. May ignore a condition for 1 minute (blinded, deafened, entangled, fatigued, sickened, shaken, staggered, dazed, exhausted, frightened, nauseated, paralyzed, or stunned).

Warden

Spell Pool: 20 + Wisdom Modifier
    Indomitable: +2 bonus to CMD and vs Mind-Affecting.
    Improved Indomitable: Roll saving throws vs teleportation twice, reduce forced movement by 10ft.
    Tireless Protector: Immune to fatigue, exhaustion, and nonlethal damage.

Guard:
    Standard action, ally within 300ft gains +8 untyped bonus to AC. May have 5 Guarded allies.
    Guarded gain +8 to Fortitude saves. Solar gains constant Discern Location for Guarded.
    Guarded gain DR /- equal to twice Guard Bonus (DR 16/-). Activate (succor) talents by expending Attack of Opportunity.
    Guarded gain miss chance equal to 5 x Guard Bonus (40%).
    Guarded allies within Guard Range may use Swift action to teleport adjacent to Solar. Outside Guard Range (300ft) requires Full-Round Action from ally and 1 Spell Point from Solar.
    Transfer Hit Point or Ability Damage healing to ally within Guard Range (300 FT).
    Guarded are immune to ability damage and drain, maximize any hit point healing. Guarded within Guard Range (300ft) do not die until twice negative Constitution.
    Regain martial focus as standard action by using Guard.
    Guarded allies that can be seen are considered adjacent for purposes of range of magical sphere effects and Shield sphere effects.
    Guard lasts up to 2 rounds after Solar falls unconscious/killed.
    Solar treated as Guarded as long as one ally is Guarded.

Spheres

Athletics Sphere: Caster level 20
    Fly Package
    Sparrowís Path: Fly (Su)
    Eagleís Path: Fly speed equal to land speed, average maneuverability

Duelist Sphere: Caster level 20
    Blooded Strike deals 6 bleed damage on attack action & attacks of opportunity
    Debilitating Injuries (bleed): Bleed target takes -6 penalty to weapon attacks while bleeding
    Defensive Slice: As Attack of Opportunity, make opposed attack roll to deflect ranged weapon attacks made against Solar or ally within reach.

Fencing Sphere: Caster level 20
    Deal 5d6 precision damage on attack action & attacks of opportunity vs target in 30ft that is flanked, flat-footed, or lost Dexterity bonus to AC.
    Wide Open (exploit): Target of Fatal Thrust suffers -6 penalty to AC until end of Solarís next turn.
    Parry and Riposte: Expend Martial Focus & Attack of Opportunity, make opposed attack roll to deflect melee attack against Solar. On deflection, regain Martial Focus.
    Parry Anything: Expend Martial Focus & Attack of Opportunity, make opposed attack roll to deflect ranged weapon & spell attacks. On deflection, regain Martial Focus.

Guardian Sphere: Caster level 20

Delayed Damage Pool: Equal to 6 x base attack bonus (120)
    Defend Other: Expend Attack of Opportunity (Immediate without Martial Focus) to grant ally within threatened area +10 competence bonus to AC versus one attack. May choose to take damage if the attack still hits. If enemy misses, regain Martial Focus on next turn.
    Cold Iron Call: Delay targeted spell effects, caster level = damage amount.
    Durable: Delay a lot of conditions, caster level = damage amount.
    Mageguard: Increase Disruptive feat penalty by 10.
    Endure Pain: Take Delayed Damage Pool damage as nonlethal, ignores immunity. Infused skin with metallic akasha, treated as wearing masterwork full plate. While wearing this armor, do not age, and no longer need to eat, sleep, or breath to survive, become immune to poisons and disease, and cannot be killed from hit point damage. While below 0 HP, regain 1 HP each round and may use Delayed Damage Pool while below 0 HP.

Challenge
    Activate Challenge as Swift action, or free by expending Martial Focus.
    When Guarded ally that can see or hear Solar is dealt damage, Solar may expend Attack of Opportunity to Challenge enemy.
    Solar gains +5 bonus to attack and damage versus Challenge target.
    When Challenge target casts spell that doesnít target Solar, enemy suffers -7 penalty to save DC.
    Challenge target suffers 20% miss chance when they attack an ally within 75ft (50% instead if patrol is active and attack is melee)
    Challenge target provokes Attack of Opportunity when they fail defensive casting check.
    Solar double Damage Reduction vs Challenge target. Immune to sneak attacks & critical hits from Challenge target.
    Make Attack of Opportunity against Challenge target when they make an attack that does not include Sentinel. Gain Tier as bonus on these attacks (+10 attack).
    If brought to negative HP but not dead, automatically stabilize and not disabled or staggered. Gain Fast Healing equal to Wisdom modifier while under 0 HP. Can not die from damage while Challenge is active.
    Drop Challenge target to 0, gain effects of Second Wind.
    When using Attack Action vs Challenge target, roll damage twice and choose result.
    When Challenge target drops to 0 HP, issue another Challenge as free action.
    When Challenge targets drops to 0 HP, regain Martial Focus as Immediate.

Patrol
    Establish Patrol as Standard action, or Move action by expending Martial Focus
    Patrol increases reach by 35ft
    Movement within patrol does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
    May establish patrol without martial focus.
    May apply two (zone) talents without expending martial Focus (Martial Mastery restriction)
    Allies in patrol gain 20% miss chance vs melee attacks from enemies Solar threatens (50% instead if enemy is Challenge target)
    Add Tier (+10) to Warden Level for size (Level 30). Expend Martial Focus to add additional +10 to level for size for 1 round.
    Spend 1 Spell Point to grant allies in Patrol Fast Healing equal to Wisdom modifier, heal up to half their maximum HP.
    Spend 1 Spell Point to hinder enemies spell ranges in Patrol, reduce range by 40ft.
    When ally in Patrol takes damage, expend Attack of Opportunity to reduce damage by 20.
    When ally in Patrol is targeted by spell effect, may expend Attack of Opportunity to move adjacent to them and take effect into Delayed Damage Pool.

Patrol Zones
    Punishing Rebuke: When a creature attacks an ally other than me in patrol, they provoke Attack of Opportunity.
    Steel Hedge: Patrol area is difficult terrain to hostile creatures.

Life Sphere: Caster level 15
    Base Sphere effect

Protection Sphere: Caster level 20
    May use Attack of Opportunity instead of Immediate Action to activate (succor) effects on those Guarded by Solar.
    Deflection Aegis: +5 deflection bonus to AC.
    Energy Resistance (aegis): Resist Energy 30.
    Mystic Shell (aegis) : 4 Layers. May cast on self for 0 spell points as free action.
    Adaptation (aegis) : Energy Immunity. May cast on self for 0 spell points as free action.
    Resistance (aegis) : +6 Resistance bonus to saving throws. May cast on self for 0 spell points as free action.
    Shared Aegis. Allies within Solarís reach gain benefits of all his Aegis. May use (succor) talents on them.
    Vengeance (succor) : Enemy Solar can see hits an Aegisíd creature, sacrifice aegis to make melee attack vs them with +20 damage.
    Luck (succor) : Sacrifice aegis to allow a saving throw reroll, must use second result.
    Healing Aegis (succor) : Dismiss one or more aegis, target heals 20 + Wisdom modifier per aegis.

Time: Caster level 25
    Haste: +65ft enhancement bonus to speed, +3 bonus to attack, +3 dodge bonus to AC & reflex. Cast on self only as Move action, concentrate on duration as Move action. Increase speed by +5ft per 1 Essence invested.
    Improved Haste: Make one extra attack during full attack or gain 6 Attacks of Opportunities per round.
    Temporal Haste: May spend 1 Spell Point to gain extra Move or Swift action for duration.
    Mythic Sphere Mastery: May spend 1 Mythic Power to gain extra Move action for duration.

Veilweaving Sphere: Caster level 20
    Base Effect: Loyal Paladinís Spear of Light. Shortspear, counts as Light weapon, ignores all damage reduction. Deals 1d6 damage plus +1d6 bonus damage per point of Essence. Increase reach by 5ft per every 2 points of Essence.

Shield Sphere: Caster level 20
    Cover Ally: With Martial Focus, use Active Defense for ally within shield reach (or within line of sight if Guarded ally).
    Active Defense: Expend Attack of Opportunity to increase shield bonus to AC by 7 versus attack.
    Deflecting Shield: Shield bonus applies to Touch AC.
    Interposing Shield: Gain DR 7/- (stacking) vs attack with Active Defense.
    Shielded Focus: Regain Martial Focus as move action after Fighting Defensively. Regain Martial Focus as Immediate when attack misses because of Active Defense.
    Redirecting Shield (deflect): Redirect attack deflected by Active Defense to new target with -2 penalty.
    Perfect Redirection: May use Redirection Shield against spells that include attack roll.

Warp: Caster level 25
    Embodiment of the Void: Gain Blink, Distort Size, and Spatial Reach as continuous abilities on self-only at caster level 12. May increase caster level by 1 per Essence. May spend 1 Spell Point to increase caster level to 25 for 25 minutes.
    Blink: 40% Miss Chance, maximum 50% at CL 18.
    Distort Size: Free action, change space that Solar occupies, enlarge to 20ft cube, decrease to 1ft cube at CL 12. Increase to 25ft at CL 16, 30ft at CL 20, 35ft at CL 24. Does not change size category for any purpose.
    Spatial Reach: Increase enhancement bonus to speed and non-threatening reach by 20ft at CL 12, +25ft at CL 15, +30ft at CL 20, +35ft at CL 25.
    Manifest Planar Zone: Something about manifesting a zone around Solar that acts as the Positive Energy Plane. Everything gains Fast Healing 5 and something else but itís dangerous healing, you can explode from healing too much. Wiki got hacked before I could write down the full effect.
    Last edited by Chambers; Yesterday at 08:07 PM.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    That would be Seize the Opportunity, which is explicitly called out as not compatible with spheres.
    That would be called out in mythic solutions which is explicitly not in use in the game

15. - Top - End - #435

BardGuy

That would be called out in mythic solutions which is explicitly not in use in the game
    I linked to the relevant text in the gestalt rules. Also not seeing anything related to Seize the Opportunity in the Mythic Solutions.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    I linked to the relevant text in the gestalt rules. Also not seeing anything related to Seize the Opportunity in the Mythic Solutions.
    That's what I get for going from memory. Apologies. Mythic solutions outright bans stuff, or revalances stuff. That part (which is not in the gestalt rules, nor part of the spheres rules for that matter being a clarification by the wiki) is saying that when you mix 3pp systems sometimes you get results beyond what was originally intended. But that's not a ban. It's saying you should be wary of this, but in this game everything 3pp has been allowed together and there will be a phase of rebalancing stuff if needed once players are okayed where this things will probably come up.

For that matter I am planning on using the other called out feature (the respect bushi Bushido) for CHA to aid another, but it's enhancing stuff that was in the base game (coven hex) or added by path of war (thoughtsong). We are talking after some hoops raising the aid another bonus to +60. While the respect bushi Bushido is making things cleaner it's in no way necessary, you can always increase the bodies using aid another (for example Time clone , which would be a very mild use of time clone)

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Just getting my stuff in here properly, since I want to link to my submission, not just the sheet as personal preference.

Player Character schtick
    droobles Baller Fighter/Sentinel
    greenpotato The Red Knight Gish
    Da'Shain Meridian Superman?
    DeTess Darksteel Extreme skills, supreme archery
    Chambers Solar Fighter
    Genth Starlight Omnidachi Holographic Idol turned Superhero
    Samantha George "THE DESTROYER!"
    Hellfire014 Mizukume Witch of Flowers
    QuantumFlash Eidolon Grand Arcanist
    AvatarVecna Miranda Johnson Capitalism, ho!
    Lord Raziere Asharru Collective Spirit of Heroism
    Quantumphear Myrsirim Guardian of the Timestream
    Thethird Afterthought Everyone's imaginary friend
    Yas392 Alistar Cromwell LOTR wizard
    Joltzz Voidwalker Milky Way Safekeeper
    5ColouredWalker Chh'pa, 'Sam Helper' Utopian Multistasker/Stealth Gish
    Powgow Gatekeeper "It's safe with me, I swear!
    Xav Arown Warleader, protector, diplomat
    niw18 unnamed ironfist themed fighter
    Alteiner Brave Crimson Leonhardt PS1-era JRPG-style swordsman
    WantGame Annet Khaldun Undead Egyptian Pharaoh focused on transmutation, nature/elementalism, time and the dusk between life and death.