A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: [PF1e] Tales of the Utopians: Near-Epic Modern Superheroes

A Quick Questions.
    If through any shenanigans we manage to get progression above 20/Above a PRC cap, should we keep abilities from that or ignore them until such time we level if it ever occurs?

Spoiler: Specific Cheese
    Show

Horrifically Overpowered has the Prestigious feat, which at this level reads: +7 Prestige class levels, stacking with any you have.
    High Aspirant has Aligned Class (Advance class features of a previous class at every level bar 1st.)
    Weapon Collector has Continued Training (Advance a previous class level at every level, ONLY for abilities that advance every level/every x levels (So no gaining new features).)

Take X class to level 5. Take High Aspirant 3, then add on Prestigious to get all 10 levels of abilities. Then add Weapon Collector, advancing High Aspirant, which then advances the base class.

Fortunately High Aspirant and Mythic Rules are written such that there's no abuse beyond going above level 20 with this combo (I get better initiative, more mythic power, and more free inherent stat bonuses, which we get free anyway due to infinite WBL.), which I'm fine to drop and theoretically use to allow me to advance a 4th class while the first class catches up if this advances into epic.

Also as a side note, pulled in Fey Adept to main progression and pushed Freelancer to Gestalt.... Only now Freelancer can't boost BAB/Saves.
    I'm legitimately debating trading 20 magic talents and some spell points for Full BAB instead of half and +6 Reflex Saves... Primarily the BAB.

Finally as a refluff, would you be ok Kasatha were Refluffed into Thri-Kreen? [Basically instead of humanoid with 4 arms, insectoid with 4 arms.] It's not a perfect representation of the race in PF, but it's close enough.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2022-05-13 at 10:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.
    Status Update:
    Girlfriend didn't pay internet, very slow for next little bit.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    I'm building and intending to play a lingchi warrior (with psychic armory, strategos and gyreblade [from book of beyond - liminal power, basically merges two class given weapons together, so the arena and the panoply are the same thing]) so if you need an unlimited source of weapons I am happy to be an unlimited source of weapons for your character. I'm grabbing ultimate arena, so yeah I can feed you as many weapons as you can think of. In fact I plan on being able to share a weapon with anyone who wants one (accross the planes, someone needs to fight an oppressor? here, a weapon, go fight).

Character stubb is Wilder (Shadow Aspect) // Aegis (Ascendant) 2+1 / Armorist (Lingchi Warrior) 2 / Soulknife (Psychic armor) 1 / Trinity Knight 10 / Trinity Angel 3 / Gyreblade 1 // Freelancer (from gestalt + mythic gestalt) // Strategos (from prestigious)

The most convoluted part is the advancement of trinity knight / angel, but it ultimately comes to Armorist 10, Soulknife 6 (although effectively 12 for enhance mindblade), Aegis 12.

Followers wise the shadow aspect is going to be some form of melee combatant focused on using the weapon of the main character to do random stuff. And the weapon (one of the panoply/arena) is going to be a blackblade (Razor) that will have some support stuff.
    Thanks. my concept is more of a "archetypal manifestation of all heroism" kind of thing so she'll have like, a treasure trove of archetypal weaponry that heroes are often thought to wielded anyways, but thanks.

by the way any ideas for good exotic weapons I should go for to like, fire at people? or just pull out of my dimensional thing to hit somebody with? because swords are cool, but sometimes heroes use things that are incredibly improbable.

for my mythic path should I go Marshal for inspiring hero presence or Trickster for jack of all trades potential....hm....

also, anyone know any good races to represent like, a spirit/person formed from ideas or dreams?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-05-13 at 11:04 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

@Llyarden Okay so I feel Zen Blade warrants a quick question. The class is based around entering Combat Focus, which was a 3.5 feat. However the feat really only sets a duration for the other abilities in this class, and at level 20 the Zen Blade is always in Combat Focus, meaning the 3.5 feat can be ignored and nothing changes for the class. Is this class usable provided I ignore the part about the Combat Focus feat? (If you wish to check the class link the relevant info is Zen at 20 and Combat focus at level 1.)
    Last edited by redfeline; 2022-05-14 at 01:26 AM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

May I take a trait, feat, or other custom thing to apply FF d20 Magus class features to spherecasting as well as, or instead of, FF d20 casting?

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by Llyarden View Post
    The Freelancer rules were not really created with sphere characters in mind, but I would say full casting would be equivalent to being a high caster with 1 talent per level or being an expert practitioner. 3/4ths spellcasting would be equivalent to being a mid caster with 3 talents per 4 levels or being an adept practitioner. 1/2 spellcasting would be equivalent to being a low caster with 1 talent per two levels or being a proficient practitioner. You could also buy talents as feats for 10JP apiece.

I'm pretty sure you could take 20 rogue talents across 20 levels of Freelancer if you wanted to, yes.

And yeah, I'd say full initiating would be equivalent to full casting. The archetype initiator progression that some PoW archetypes of non-PoW classes get would be equivalent to 3/4 casting.
    Huh, didn't 'pect an answer from ya honestly, but I 'ppreciate it very much. Thanks for answering the questions, and I'll be sure to play round with what the 'Lancer can do once I've finished making my char. Gotta make sure their backstory is pretty sweet to!

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    Horrifically Overpowered has the Prestigious feat, which at this level reads: +7 Prestige class levels, stacking with any you have.
    High Aspirant has Aligned Class (Advance class features of a previous class at every level bar 1st.)
    Weapon Collector has Continued Training (Advance a previous class level at every level, ONLY for abilities that advance every level/every x levels (So no gaining new features).)
    Ain't gonna lie, tis be something that caught my eye too. Well, not the Collector, as that's a new one to me, but combining Prestigious with High Aspirant's Aligned Class for greater progression, mayhaps even enough to bring it a class over level 20 and into 3.5 Epic Levels was something that couldn't help but catch my eye.

Pathfinder's got no Epic tho, so I'll wouldn't be surprised if it all caps out at level 20 'gardless of what tricks we pull.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

A Quick Questions.
    If through any shenanigans we manage to get progression above 20/Above a PRC cap, should we keep abilities from that or ignore them until such time we level if it ever occurs?
    With regards to that specific combo, at least in the version of the book I have, Prestigious doesn't say it stacks with levels you actually have, only Gestalt does that.

In any case, if all you're doing is boosting your effective level with a certain class above 20, which is what the Weapon Collector does, then that's fine, there are ways in just base Pathfinder to have abilities with an effective level above 20 when you're at level 20 yourself (robe of arcane heritage, for instance), so I don't see any reason to not allow it here.

If you were somehow actually getting more than 20 class levels for the purposes of BAB/HD/whatever, then no, that would be capped at 20.

Finally as a refluff, would you be ok Kasatha were Refluffed into Thri-Kreen? [Basically instead of humanoid with 4 arms, insectoid with 4 arms.] It's not a perfect representation of the race in PF, but it's close enough.
    I know very little about the setting the Thri-Kreen come from to I'm honest, but that seems fair enough, as long as the Thri-Keen are humanoid as well.

Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    @Llyarden Okay so I feel Zen Blade warrants a quick question. The class is based around entering Combat Focus, which was a 3.5 feat. However the feat really only sets a duration for the other abilities in this class, and at level 20 the Zen Blade is always in Combat Focus, meaning the 3.5 feat can be ignored and nothing changes for the class. Is this class usable provided I ignore the part about the Combat Focus feat? (If you wish to check the class link the relevant info is Zen at 20 and Combat focus at level 1.)
    Yes, so long as you don't actually need to use the Combat Focus feat for anything, I don't mind you having it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toptomcat View Post
    May I take a trait, feat, or other custom thing to apply FF d20 Magus class features to spherecasting as well as, or instead of, FF d20 casting?
    I think it would be a reasonable homebrew archetype to make the Black Mage a spherecaster. So long as that archetype wasn't incompatible with the Magus archetype, that would be fine.
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

@Llyarden, My build is slowly coming together, but I realized there might be one small sticking point, and I wonder if you'd allow me to make a feat or trait to fix this. The sticking point in question being that my armiger customized weapon loadout consists of two sets of melee weapons and three sets of specialty arrows for my bow (which I might make a mythic weapon, but might also keep it to a single bow as fluff). The sticking point is that there might be times when I want to integrate both ranged attacks and melee attacks in a single set of attacks, but the quick change feature only allows me to stow customized weapons, which the bow isn't (only the ammo is).

So the question is, could I make either a feat or a trait which would make any ranged weapon I use with customized ammunition count as a customized weapon for the purposes of quick swapping?
    Last edited by DeTess; 2022-05-14 at 05:37 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    @Llyarden, My build is slowly coming together, but I realized there might be one small sticking point, and I wonder if you'd allow me to make a feat or trait to fix this. The sticking point in question being that my armiger customized weapon loadout consists of two sets of melee weapons and three sets of specialty arrows for my bow (which I might make a mythic weapon, but might also keep it to a single bow as fluff). The sticking point is that there might be times when I want to integrate both ranged attacks and melee attacks in a single set of attacks, but the quick change feature only allows me to stow customized weapons, which the bow isn't (only the ammo is).

So the question is, could I make either a feat or a trait which would make any ranged weapon I use with customized ammunition count as a customized weapon for the purposes of quick swapping?
    Sure, and it would probably make most sense for it to be a trait. If it was a feat you might as well just take Mixed Combat.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Just want to... take a pulse as it were boss, are the ideas that are coming in; Imaginary Weapon Warrors, Psionic Superleaders, Unicorn Riding Holy Knights, Holographic Idols with Light and Sound superpowers, are these ideas hitting the mark for you?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

@Llyarden Is there a psionic equivalent of spellcasting services?
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    Just want to... take a pulse as it were boss, are the ideas that are coming in; Imaginary Weapon Warrors, Psionic Superleaders, Unicorn Riding Holy Knights, Holographic Idols with Light and Sound superpowers, are these ideas hitting the mark for you?
    In the case of Adora Arora specifically (and I know it's not your character, I just thought it was worth noting for future reference) I would have preferred to have original characters, but that's my fault for not specifying beforehand and I'm not going to make someone start from scratch.

Other than that, any and all of these are fine. Looking forwards to seeing them completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    @Llyarden Is there a psionic equivalent of spellcasting services?
    Yes; use the same price calculations as for spellcasting services, but if the power is augmented, each +2PP counts as +1 power level.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    by the way any ideas for good exotic weapons I should go for to like, fire at people? or just pull out of my dimensional thing to hit somebody with? because swords are cool, but sometimes heroes use things that are incredibly improbable.

for my mythic path should I go Marshal for inspiring hero presence or Trickster for jack of all trades potential....hm....

also, anyone know any good races to represent like, a spirit/person formed from ideas or dreams?
    Check starknives see if any of the many related feats might help you. There are several ways of changing the stat used for attack/damage with starknives which might be useful. A suggestion just for style totem poles? Like ****huge quarterstaffs? A lulzy suggestion would be to grab proficiency with improvised weapons (Magical tricks and throw whatever).

Mythic path I am partial to the spheres mythic paths. As they can grab anything that improves class features. And I really like improving my class features.

Spirit people, Rhyzala's fluff might be interesting.

@Llyarden

If you were somehow actually getting more than 20 class levels for the purposes of BAB/HD/whatever, then no, that would be capped at 20.
    Just to make sure this is for the purpose of the main "character". As was previously ruled:

Levels are on top of the base creature's HD, and no, the epic rules are not used for them. They gain only the normal feats for their 'racial' (for lack of a better term) HD.
    An animal companion (from a 20th lvl druid) would have 26HD.
    Last edited by thethird; 2022-05-14 at 07:50 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    @Llyarden

Just to make sure this is for the purpose of the main "character". As was previously ruled:

An animal companion (from a 20th lvl druid) would have 26HD.
    Correct, that's why I specified class levels for that limit.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Firbolg in the Playground

PirateWench

In the case of Adora Arora specifically (and I know it's not your character, I just thought it was worth noting for future reference) I would have preferred to have original characters, but that's my fault for not specifying beforehand and I'm not going to make someone start from scratch.
    Well that is a thing to consider with no mention of a deadline for character completion yet.. I can change what I was doing with not much effort

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

So, I thought I was almost done building my character, but then I found out I get about twice as many feats as I thought I did XD

So I'm going to take a break from chucking mechanics together and do some fluff instead.

The private investigator sat on a ledge at the edge of the skyscraper's roof, overlooking the city. The view was gorgeous, if you didn't mind heights, though she wasn't looking out on the city. Instead, she was going through a scrapbook full of little newspaper clippings. The oldest dated back more than thirty years, to before she was born even. They detailed the career of the infamous vigilante known only as 'Darksteel'.

The first couple of pages detailed sporadic attacks on mobsters and corrupt politicians and businessmen by a bow-wielding vigilante. Reporting was fairly sparse, featuring little snippets from comments by the local cops about how they where investigating the matter, and that they weren't even certain that all attacks had been made by the same guy.

'I mean, sure, the ******* had it coming, but this isn't the way to bring justice back to this town.' A local tabloid quoted an unnamed officer. The comment still got a chuckle out of her for the sheer unprofessionalitty shown by the anonymous interviewee. The whole thing was treated as a nice little diversion from everyday life during a financial crisis that only seemed to really hit the common people.

The investigator skipped a couple pages ahead to the clip in which the name 'Darksteel' had first been coined. She didn't really need to look at the scrapbook, as she had memorized its contents long ago, but the small ritual still brought some calm to her. The name had been coined after the assassination of a mafia hitman. The guy had been found pinned to the floor in a parking lot, a massive arrow made from some kind of dark metal piercing his body. According to the report, the arrow had stood nearly straight up. The reporter coined the name 'Darksteel' for the perpetrator based on the description of the arrow, and the name had stuck.

That had also been the beginning of Darksteel's reign of terror. For nearly three years there'd be at least one victim a week, if not more. All found pinned by one of Darksteel's arrows, with no sign of Darksteel himself. Despite this lack of evidence, everyone seemed to assume Darksteel was a single man, as opposed to a woman, or an organization. She'd often wondered how this certainty had come about. She herself had found no evidence to back it up.

Despite the fact that each of Darksteel's victims had undeniably been a criminal of some sorts, public opinion had been turning against the vigilante at that time. Partly because some people with influence in the media had started to worry they'd be next, and partly because as his kill-count grew, people started becoming more worried and irritated that the authorities couldn't track him down. Things came to a head after several killings in Darksteel's style had targeted civilians, including several well known and well respected altruists. A massive man-hunt had started, which ended in the death of the prime suspect, a man named Jacob Craig.

That hadn't been the end of it though. Several years later, five more people where killed in the span of a week using Darksteel's signature style. What was more, Darksteel himself stepped out of the shadows at least a little, posting several video's on the internet claiming those kills as his own and sharing evidence that all five of the killed had been part of a criminal conspiracy that, among its long list of crimes, had framed Darksteel for the killing of those innocents.

The investigator led out a sigh and looked away from her scrapbook. She craved a cigarette, but she'd kicked that habit several months ago and really didn't want to get hooked again. Instead, she returned to her reading, skipping over the next couple of pages, which detailed the slow decrease in frequency of Darksteel's attacks. She quickly skipped over the next couple of pages, which detailed the steady decrease in the frequency of Darksteel's attacks until he completely disappeared a little under twenty years ago.

That could have been the end of it, but... She quickly scanned through the headlines of the snippets in the last third of her scrapbook, chronicling Darksteel's return just three years ago. That attacks had been infrequent, and Darksteel's bow had been presser into service to protect the city from far worse threats than organized crime, most noteworthy of all was the felling of a rampaging dragon, though a number of so-called 'super-villains' had met their demise at the end of 5 feet of blackened steel. However, Darksteel had also, once in a while, taken to clearing out more mundane criminals. A couple of times a year, headlines would mention the death of a leading mobster or drug smuggler or other criminal. The public loved it all. With Darksteel firmly cemented as a hero due to his actions against obvious massive threats, his decision to take out smaller problems once in a while was met with acceptance and encouragement by most of the media.

The investigator thought differently of course. Every single one of those dead criminals should have been handled by the law, given due process and judged by their pears as the laws keeping society from falling apart demanded. They weren't untouchable monsters or crazed terrorists with delusions of world domination, creatures that had to be stopped, but people who, despite the terrible things they might have done, where still human. People that should have been given a chance to turn over a new leaf during their stay in jail. She considered it a personal failure that those people had died by a vigilante's arrow rather than ending up arrested. FI she'd been smarter, quicker, better, it should have been possible to prove their guilt before..."Gray 4, target identified. Booked a flight to some African country. Single flight, seems he got wind of our investigation and decided to bug out."
    ...before they decided to run somewhere where they'd never face justice, where they could just continue their acts without anyone stopping them. "Gray 2, target has taken a seat in an outdoors dining area. Seems worried he might be followed or spied on. Coordinates 40.64738, -73.79521. Probably intends to stay for at least 30 minutes. Advice?"
    "Azure 1, engagement in airport inadvisable due to recent security measures. Only Darksteel has a shot."

The investigator got up with a sigh, and checked the information on her most recent investigation on her phone. The persons he'd been after was a gun smuggler, who'd enabled a significant uptick in gang violence in the poorer neighborhoods of the city. What was worse, her sources had confirmed that the smuggler had personally helped increase tensions, even lobbying to reduce funding for outreach and support projects intended to reduce violence in those neighborhoods. She'd started to put together a file to submit to the authorities, but it wasn't enough. And now the criminal had caught wind of her investigation. She'd have to find out how later, so she could avoid making the same mistake again. Because mistakes like these cost lives.

"Justice demands no less." She said to no one in particular. it had been a saying of her father, something he had said to her mother before leaving on one of his nightly trips. She hoped to one day discover a better way. But until then.... "Gray 2 confirms. Target coordinates remain constant."
    A moment's concentration opened a small hole in reality next to her. She reached inside and retrieved a monstrous composite bow forged from blackened metal, as well as a single arrow made from the same metal. The metal that had named her father. The metal whose name she now bore. She felt power flow from her hand into the weapon as she slipped on a pair of goggles. Information on the wind, air pressure and air density immediately appeared in her field of vision. She slowly drew back on the string of the bow, pointing the tip of the arrow skyward as she made some final adjustments to her aim to account for the atmospheric conditions. She wove some more magic into the arrow, to keep it whisper quiet, even as it broke the sound barrier. The target was a little under 20 kilometers away.

Well within her range. She released, her eyes following the trajectory of the arrow. "Gray 2, target struck. Clean shot, instant kill, no collateral."

The investigator sighed, then packed the weapon away again. Maybe... Maybe this would be the last time. She hoped it would be.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2022-05-14 at 09:52 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

16. - Top - End - #136
    Barbarian in the Playground

From the first post:
    Beyond The World - While all technology in the setting is a little bit further advanced than real-world tech, space travel is more advanced still - in no small part because supervillains have a habit of setting up moon/Mars/space station bases to work on their diabolical plots. There might be one or two individuals living out in space due to their powers or technology, but there's no widespread space colonisation, nor has any alien life officially been discovered. (This does not preclude a PC being an alien who came to Earth and who has simply kept their origin hidden, or indeed preclude other alien life living on the planet in a similar fashion.) Interplanar travel also exists, the various planes being rather less well-explored than outer space but still relatively well-known.
    Apologies, I should have read that part more thoroughly before asking the question. Do you have any setting lore already in mind regarding Moon/Mars/Space stations and their relationship to Earth? Is it a mix of rich people, conglomerates who go there? Is it mainly research driven? Do they have their own government?

It's possibly you don't have it all thought out yet, and would like to give players the chance to do world building. In which case, I'd be interested to learn.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Could I invent a feat to change initiator modifier, if so would it be a normal one or mythic one (and if mythic what tier)? I feel like there was a trait that did it at some point but then got changed (or I'm remembering wrong), but I can't find anything.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just to check, we're using the mythic rules as written? We're not using the balance fixes found here? But we can select mythic content from legendary games and other 3pps?

Oh, also: Do you want our sheets to be on myth-weavers, or do you not mind? I find the mythweavers sheet tends to get a bit cramped when you have this much stuff going on, not to mention that you're always going to forget some modifier. I know of a nice-looking google sheets character sheet which I tend to use for non-forum games, which automates everything and has unlimited amounts of space for abilities. Would that be acceptable?
    Last edited by pi4t; 2022-05-14 at 10:18 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Could I invent a feat to change initiator modifier, if so would it be a normal one or mythic one (and if mythic what tier)? I feel like there was a trait that did it at some point but then got changed (or I'm remembering wrong), but I can't find anything.
    Well, Spheres has Unorthodox Casting which is a trait that changes your casting ability modifier (and by extension takes most spherecasting class features with it), so I think a trait would be reasonable to change your initiator modifier instead.

Quote Originally Posted by pi4t View Post
    Just to check, we're using the mythic rules as written? We're not using the balance fixes found here? But we can select mythic content from legendary games and other 3pps?

Oh, also: Do you want our sheets to be on myth-weavers, or do you not mind? I find the mythweavers sheet tends to get a bit cramped when you have this much stuff going on, not to mention that you're always going to forget some modifier. I know of a nice-looking google sheets character sheet which I tend to use for non-forum games, which automates everything and has unlimited amounts of space for abilities. Would that be acceptable?
    Correct.

With regards to character sheets, yeah Myth-Weavers does get a little cramped although it's useful for a quick summary of stuff at a glance. Fundamentally I don't mind what you use, be it MW, a Google Sheet, or something else, as long as everything's on it.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Horrifically Overpowered Feats are considered Mythic feats. The Mythic Horrifically Overpowered (and Horrifically Overpowered Mythic) feats additionally have a requirement of 10th tier. Deific talents are also permitted, counting as Mythic feats with a requirement of 10th tier. You can only take two Mythic Horrifically Overpowered Feats or Deific Talents (in any combination), even if you would otherwise be able to take more.
    I have a question about this. Do you mean that the Horrifically Overpowered feats that now count as Mythic also have the 10th tier requirement or do only the Horrifically Overpowered feats that were originally Mythic have the 10th tier requirement? I've been trying to parse this and I can read it a couple different ways so I thought I'd ask.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I have a question about this. Do you mean that the Horrifically Overpowered feats that now count as Mythic also have the 10th tier requirement or do only the Horrifically Overpowered feats that were originally Mythic have the 10th tier requirement? I've been trying to parse this and I can read it a couple different ways so I thought I'd ask.
    'Ordinary' (so to speak) Horrifically Overpowered merely count as Mythic feats. Horrifically Overpowered feats that were already Mythic feats now require 10th tier.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Can I get a point of clarification?

On the Triplicate Boon, does it only apply to one class, or to everything?

If I, hypothetically, took Fighter 20 and Sorcerer 20, would I get x3 times fighter feats and x3 times spells known? Or would I have to pick one class to apply the triplicating to?
    High Reverend of the Church of the Icosahedron

23. - Top - End - #143

PirateWench

@Llyarden
    Horrifically Overpowered Feats is there a legal link to these? I am unable to google-fu them apparently

Subordinates benefit from most of the character creation houserules (chiefly, they get one feat per level / per tier), but they are not gestalt and they do not get the special bonus
    the portion they do not get the special bonus, say animal companion, does this mean the AC does not get "Link, share spells, Evasion, Improved evasion, Devotion, Multiattack" ?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

'Ordinary' (so to speak) Horrifically Overpowered merely count as Mythic feats. Horrifically Overpowered feats that were already Mythic feats now require 10th tier.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    @Llyarden
    Horrifically Overpowered Feats is there a legal link to these? I am unable to google-fu them apparently
    They were released as Open Content and Libertad did an excellent (and funny) review of them here and here.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineOfSpades View Post
    Can I get a point of clarification?

On the Triplicate Boon, does it only apply to one class, or to everything?

If I, hypothetically, took Fighter 20 and Sorcerer 20, would I get x3 times fighter feats and x3 times spells known? Or would I have to pick one class to apply the triplicating to?
    You have to pick not merely one class but one class feature. If you're a Hedgewitch, for instance, you could either triplicate your talents known or your secrets, not both.

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    the portion they do not get the special bonus, say animal companion, does this mean the AC does not get "Link, share spells, Evasion, Improved evasion, Devotion, Multiattack" ?
    No, that was intended to mean they don't get the bonus archetype / triplication of features / etc choice that PCs are allowed (the thing I called a 'boon' in section 5 of the Big 16.)

26. - Top - End - #146

PirateWench

@Llyarden
    Requesting a 3.5 item as custom items ( Death Ward Spell continuous effect on armor ) does not look like it is allowed.
    Soulfire (Book of Exalted Deeds, p. 112)

alright I progressed far enough with attempt #2 to post

George WIP

Human
    Slayer 10/Paladin 2/Sentinel8
    //
    Warder 10/Swashbuckler 10

Backstory
    On the day I was born They all gathered around And they gazed in wide wonder At the joy they had found. The cleric spoke up and said "leave this one alone" She could tell right away That I was bad to the bone. the other night I laid sleeping and I woke from a terrible dream, I got invited to a party and with it there seemed were many that thought that I needed redeemed. I broke a thousand hearts Before I met all of you I'll break a thousand more before I am through. I'm here to tell ya, That I'm bad to the bone. Yeah my whole family done give up on me and it makes me feel oh so bad. I make a rich person beg, I'll make a good person steal. I'm here to tell ya, that when I walk the streets Kings and Queens step aside with everyone I meet. Now you see, I make my own luck because I'm bad to the bone.

Fear, It is a powerful thing, it can make even the strongest heart turn and run. It is something that absolutely fascinates me, probably because it is something I have never felt. You could even say that I was born without it. But then again what is fear to someone born to a dead woman. I found an appreciation for the guilds, Training had honed my skills becoming adept at the art of dealing death in many different ways. Training was tough and I was a well respected in the guild. I studied under a grand master having learned a great deal and have since acquired my own things to deal out death and cause fear in others.

Once while I was out with a few others perusing several Orc foe I came across this cat which had been injured. I took it with me and healed its wounds taking care of it's needs. the cat has become something of a companion to me. Over Time I have taught the big cat many tricks and even outfitted it with special armor that it can wear into combat where it has on several occasion been a great boon.

Clearly I was meant for greater things to become a champion of the people, I learned of a request for talented people with unique skills to aid them in a quest against a greater evil . Thinking to myself this would be a grand opportunity to expand my reputation as they would quickly learn of my abilities. With a great many battles behind me I rode off to meet the new threat.

edited
    Last edited by samduke; 2022-05-14 at 01:00 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

I'm not sure about the specifics, but Im thinking about dumping the Faust character for a more human-oriented super. The character is a mundane special agent who works for an international agency which monitors the supernatural. He is the "Ethan hunt" of that agency. An unstoppable force of nature in a single man, who used his wits and skills in order to defeat legendary monsters and evil sorcerers.
    He is pretty old by now, and ditched his organization many years ago - working now as a black widow esque superhero.
    He is also less noble than Ethan Hunt or the rest of these heroic super agents from the movies. He saw with his own two eyes too many innocent people hurt by the supernatural to allow small moral squabbles to stand in the way of his missions. Not really a villain, and on punisher level of murder - but more like Rorschach than Captain America, I guess.

The character is going to be an Unchained rogue//Something. Focused on disguise, dirty tricks, efficient kills, and probably some anti-magic things and techniques. He has little to no magic, and relies mainly on improvised weapons and dirty tricks in order to win the day.

EDIT -since this is a superhero-ish game, Ill probably go for the dirty tricks angle ,rather than the killing one. Maybe switch things around with a slayer, who knows.
    Last edited by Heavenblade; 2022-05-14 at 02:43 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

I have decided to make a true Archmage character, an Eldritch Godling/Arcanist who has command over the totality of arcane and divine magic through his own sheer innate power. Has a lot of blast potential as I tend to prefer that over CC or more indirect potential, though he can do virtually anything because of his incredible flexibility.

As a rules question though, considering the wealth rules does this mean we're more or less now ignoring expensive material components and foci and just assuming, unless there's some specific situation cutting us off from our stuff, we have it on hand?

29. - Top - End - #149

Say, anyone know a way to make all ya damage non-lethal?

Reason I ask is cuz I'm eyeing the Oath Against Harm as a damn flavourful Oath to take, but I'ma throwing acid flasks and stuff so its kinda a hard mix. Course, this be Mythic where impossible stuff tis the norm. 'prised there ain't anything for non-lethalers in the Mythics already tbh, but I'm p'sure that there's Mythic 3PP stuff I dun know bout, so if anyone can gimme a point or two, it'll be much 'preciated.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon_Duelist View Post
    Say, anyone know a way to make all ya damage non-lethal?

Reason I ask is cuz I'm eyeing the Oath Against Harm as a damn flavourful Oath to take, but I'ma throwing acid flasks and stuff so its kinda a hard mix. Course, this be Mythic where impossible stuff tis the norm. 'prised there ain't anything for non-lethalers in the Mythics already tbh, but I'm p'sure that there's Mythic 3PP stuff I dun know bout, so if anyone can gimme a point or two, it'll be much 'preciated.
    I mean, the merciful weapon enhancement and merciful metamagic feats do it for most things, but I have no clue how to apply that to acid flasks
    GNU Terry Pratchett