New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II

Hmm, my plan was to create a new thread for this in January, but I keep finding new concluded webcomics just in time to prevent thread necromancy, so this thread may well still be going at that point.

Gaia - What seems at first to be a story about a magic school, a la Harry Potter but in a fantasy setting, rapidly transforms into a full-on heist plot as one of the students is framed for treason, and her friends must find a way to break her out of magical super-max before her execution. The plot expands from there, as the gang is dragged further and further into events with world-shaking ramifications, but never really loses that heist-plot flavor of all the cards being kept close to the chest until they're gradually revealed in the lead-up to and during the conclusion of each arc. I found it a fun read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    Hmm, my plan was to create a new thread for this in January, but I keep finding new concluded webcomics just in time to prevent thread necromancy, so this thread may well still be going at that point.

Gaia - What seems at first to be a story about a magic school, a la Harry Potter but in a fantasy setting, rapidly transforms into a full-on heist plot as one of the students is framed for treason, and her friends must find a way to break her out of magical super-max before her execution. The plot expands from there, as the gang is dragged further and further into events with world-shaking ramifications, but never really loses that heist-plot flavor of all the cards being kept close to the chest until they're gradually revealed in the lead-up to and during the conclusion of each arc. I found it a fun read.
    Art looks nice too, looks like I have a new work read!
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Also, forgot to include Spells From Hell, which finished last Sunday, to the previous post.

Spells From Hell - A webtoon that follows James Chao, a hardworking student with no patience for something as unpredictable (and career ruining) as magic, and Scarlet, a fox spirit determined to make a life outside of Hell. The two are thrown together when a portal opens between their realms... and then refuses to close. Now they need to work together, learning about magic and themselves, to find a way to close the portal before it leads to a full-on invasion by Hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Just a couple that randomly came to mind:

Darwin Carmichael is going to hell: Urban fantasy comic about a karmically-challenged guy living his life and trying to avoid eternal damnation.

Dawn of Time: A fun comic about a cavewoman running around in the time of dinosaurs.