Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Expeditionary Travelers IC

@Shen
    solo trip up the alcove
    Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes
    must make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) at least equal to the creature’s spell resistance.
    (1d20+15)[34]
    Effect 15-ft.-radius circle ( or just you )

let me know if this succeeds
    Last edited by samduke; 2022-05-30 at 06:48 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

I have no SR and there doesn’t seem to be another way to avoid it, so it should land. Additionally, on the off chance it were a status ailment that lasted for more than a round, I have no actions, thus it can’t be negated. As for range, I’m guessing no one is within 15ft of me.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Shen walking slightly in front of everyone else decides to turn left walking up the alcove as the rest stand at the intersection after about 20 feet of travel up the tunnel towards the end of the alcove Shen disappears entirely.

Shen walking looking towards the end of the alcove one second and in the blink of an eye is now looking out at the end of a small alcove that has a tunnel intersection that goes left and right, it is dimly lit here. (you know you have been teleported) off in the distance you definitely hear what you heard before with the sound that blueish greenish cube made as it was travelling away.
    Last edited by samduke; 2022-05-31 at 01:18 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64

Shen stood there dumbfounded by the fact he was teleported, but started wandering around after a moment. While he did wander aimlessly, he made sure not to move too far in case the others ended up here.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    (1d20+20)[33] Spot

In case it somehow helps, I have low-light and darkvision in addition to see the shadow, which alone sees through any sort of darkness

5. - Top - End - #65
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Seeing Shen vanish, Illaria pauses, and assesses the situation.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

All looking for the same thing: What happened to Shen.
    (1d20+7)[16] Spot
    (1d20+17)[35] Listen
    (1d20+16)[26] Know: Arcana
    (1d20+20)[21] Spellcraft
    (1d20+8)[21] Any other knowledge
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Illaria after standing there for a short bit you look back up the tunnel where shen went to discover that shen is now missing.
    off in the distance down the tunnel to the east you definitely hear noises of combat

7. - Top - End - #67

GreenSorcererElf

Having finished her assessment, Illaria looks to The Problemshooter and Draxus, "It would seem that Shen was teleported elsewhere. And, coincidentally, I am hearing sounds of fighting to the east. Shall we?" As she finishes her cool assessment, she gestures regally to the east.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

8. - Top - End - #68

As Shen heard the sounds of battle, he got anxious, not expecting such a thing to have happened already. Even if it wasn’t the people he had come with, it was certainly something at least worth taking a look at, so he took a wand from his bag and disappeared, moving towards the source of the sound.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+26)[39] Move Silently
    Spent a use from my Wand of Invisibility

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Noise of combat and moving on the parties part, from both angles

(looking at map you Shen you approach the largest chamber <upper left area> from the north going south
    the rest of the party enters the same area from the south going north)

When you enter the large chamber you see several dead humanoid bodies, with a few combatants fighting what looks like three Large sized Ice Dragons, while off to the north west guarding a tunnel is a Huge White Dragon watching what is going on but not participating in the combat.
    Last edited by samduke; 2022-06-01 at 11:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

Draxus gazes on the scene and turns to his companions. "This is... sub-optimal. Shall we assist?" A bolt of energy forms above one palm as he readies an attack.

Show

Draxus
    Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 111/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'
    AC 32, Touch 28, Flat-footed 27, Fort 25, Ref 25, Will 28, Base Attack Bonus +12/+7/+2, Power Points 41/41
    +3 Splitting Mind Bolt +28/+28/+23/+23/+18/+18 (4d6+14 + 1d6 Sonic, 20/x3)
    +3 Flaming Keen Wounding Armblade Mind Blade +20/+15/+10 (3d8+14 + 1d6 Fire + 1d6 Sonic + 1 Bleeding, 17-20/x2)
    +3 Flaming Vampiric Whip-Dagger Mind Blade +20/+15/+10 (3d6+14 +1d6 Fire + 1d6 Sonic +1d6 to Living, 19-20/x2)
    Unarmored (+5 Dex, +2 Deflect, +4 Natural, +11 Misc)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 20, Con 17, Int 12, Wis 32, Cha 8
    Condition Psionically Focused, Mind Arrow Charged with Psychic Strike (+3d8)
    Other Defenses Cold Resistance 15

Actions: Ready an Attack against one of the smaller dragons at the first sign of us joining the fight. IF combat begins:
    +3 Splitting Mind Bolt (Original): Attack roll is (1d20+28)[33] & Damage rolls are (4d6+14)[27] Piercing + (1d6)[6] Sonic
    +3 Splitting Mind Bolt (Split): Attack roll is (1d20+28)[29] & Damage rolls are (4d6+14)[29] Piercing + (1d6)[1] Sonic
    (Both attacks must be at the same target)
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Geeksthenewsexy View Post
    Draxus gazes on the scene and turns to his companions. "This is... sub-optimal. Shall we assist?" A bolt of energy forms above one palm as he readies an attack.

Show

Draxus
    Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 111/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'
    AC 32, Touch 28, Flat-footed 27, Fort 25, Ref 25, Will 28, Base Attack Bonus +12/+7/+2, Power Points 41/41
    +3 Flaming Keen Wounding Armblade Mind Blade +20/+15/+10 (3d8+14 + 1d6 Fire + 1d6 Sonic + 1 Bleeding, 17-20/x2)
    +3 Flaming Vampiric Whip-Dagger Mind Blade +20/+15/+10 (3d6+14 +1d6 Fire + 1d6 Sonic +1d6 to Living, 19-20/x2)

Actions: Ready an Attack against one of the smaller dragons at the first sign of us joining the fight. IF combat begins:
    +3 Splitting Mind Bolt (Original): Attack roll is [roll0] & Damage rolls are [roll1] Piercing + [roll2] Sonic
    +3 Splitting Mind Bolt (Split): Attack roll is [roll3] & Damage rolls are [roll4] Piercing + [roll5] Sonic
    (Both attacks must be at the same target)
    as you stand there and watch the three ice dragon kill another of the humanoids leaving them with just four members that seem the be fighting for their lives.

12. - Top - End - #72

GreenSorcererElf

Illaria shrugs at Draxus's words, before she looks to the motionless white dragon, whom she approaches. "Great and Mighty Krikk, we have come to seek your wisdom. Might you hear us?"

Spoiler: Diplomacy Roll
    Show

(1d20+29)[30] Diplomacy(Trying to get Krikk talking)
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

The white dragon turns its attention towards you

14. - Top - End - #74

GreenSorcererElf

With the dragon's attention acquired, Illaria continues speaking, doing her best to encourage the dragon to remain peaceful. "We come seeking knowledge that we hope that you, with your wisdom, might possess. A terrible winter, golems of ice, a frozen wasteland. These things were prophecised, but we know that you, in your greatness, would have no need to cause them. We hope that you might have some idea of who might attempt to taint your domain in such a fashion."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage1 View Post
    With the dragon's attention acquired, Illaria continues speaking, doing her best to encourage the dragon to remain peaceful. "We come seeking knowledge that we hope that you, with your wisdom, might possess. A terrible winter, golems of ice, a frozen wasteland. These things were prophecised, but we know that you, in your greatness, would have no need to cause them. We hope that you might have some idea of who might attempt to taint your domain in such a fashion."
    I do not know of this prophecy you speak, I pose no threat to you, as long as you do not pose a threat to me.
    now tell me why it is you are truly here, is it for my treasure, my hide or something more sinister like those of your kind over there. They are in a futile fight, dyeing for a lost cause. Bid my warning do not help them or you will suffer their fate.

You are not certain of the dragons motives one way or the other.
    Last edited by samduke; 2022-06-05 at 03:41 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76

GreenSorcererElf

Illaria nods, maintaining her calm equanimity in the face of the seemingly angry dragon. "Your resplendence, the prophecy is a new one, created a few weeks ago by a known prophet. The fear of the local king." A brief moment of scorn appears on her face, but she soon smooths it away. "Drove us here, seeking the potential source of the ice golems mentioned in the prophecy, as the prophecy mentioned ice and cold of incredible power, which led him to think of your mightiness." She frowns momentarily as she considers the dragon's words. "When you say sinister, what was that group attempting? I had thought that they too had responded to the King's request, but your words suggest otherwise?"

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(1d20+29)[30] Continuing to keep the dragon talking in a friendly fashion(Diplomacy)
    (1d20+12)[31] Sense motive, seeking to judge the dragon's truthfulness(Although with a +30, she is unlikely to succeed.)
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

your conversation is interrupted by plea's of help from the four remaining humanoids calling on your group to help them defeat the ice dragons.
    (1d20+13)[30] humanoid diplomacy to the party
    (1d20+13)[24] humanoid diplomacy to the party
    (1d20+13)[17] humanoid diplomacy to the party
    (1d20+13)[29] humanoid diplomacy to the party
    The white dragon answers the question ignoring the pleas of the humanoids, I know nothing about the prophecy you speak, your king is a fool for sending his people like those that are dying, to their death.

You are not certain of the dragons motives one way or the other.

you watch as all three ice dragons breath their frost breaths onto the remaining four members , killing two of the members.
    Last edited by samduke; 2022-06-06 at 06:43 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78

GreenSorcererElf

Illaria frowns at the dragon's response. "In that case, I think we'll need an explanation."

She turns to the humanoids. "Perhaps you might care to explain what brought you here? You do appear to be short on time."

Show

(1d20+29)[39] Continuing to diplomacy the dragon.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2022-06-06 at 07:09 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

19. - Top - End - #79

Out of curiosity of what these unusual ice dragons were, Shen continued to look deeper as his eyes shone blue.

After a short while, he tried to connect with one of said ice dragons while looking for a reaction of sorts. ”Hello there, what is it that you’re doing?”

Show
    Spent a second use of inspiration on Arcane Sight as an SLA. My modifier is high enough to auto succeed on whatever spells unless the DC is changed.

I also used my 100 ft telepathy in an attempt to get a reaction from one of the ice dragons. My invisibility should also still be up.

20. - Top - End - #80

"You should cease fighting and flee if you can. Choosing to invade the Dragon's lair with violence was obviously not a wise decision." the half-dragon warforged calls out to the combatents. Nodding politely to the dragon, Draxus looks sadly at the quickly-resolving fight before continuing in a lower voice meant just for his companions. "Invading another's home and committing violence against them unprovoked, it is obvious that they should have the right to defend themselves and their homes, as is proper. But the loss of life is much regrettable. It is a shame we were not in time to see the start of the fight to be certain who is in the right, but unless we ourselves are attacked, I see little evidence that this is not a regrettably justified act."

Show

Draxus

Actions: N/A

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

you watch as two of the three remaining humanoids ignoring you, strike the nearest ice dragon, killing it
    and the third humanoid kills a 2nd ice dragon with a spell

22. - Top - End - #82

Having finished his brief analysis on the dragons, Shen tries to connect with the three he entered the den with. ”After a brief analysis, I’ve come to the conclusion that the white dragon is likely an obstacle related to the mission.

As you started asking questions, the dragon became evasive. The probability the dragon knows something about our objective is high, but the motive behind her attempts to twist things is inconclusive.

I’m also certain the ice dragons are constructs of sorts and it’s quite possible she made them. Despite this, they appear to have standard dragon casting abilities and SLAs, which is somewhat unusual.

I’m also a bit surprised the intruders struggled with the ice dragons considering one has access to especially high end magic.”
    As Shen telepathically communicates information, he briefly looks over everyone present to get somewhat of a gauge on them.
    Last edited by Dakrsidder; 2022-06-08 at 01:02 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

"Dragons are renowned for their desire of wealth. Perhaps a monetary incentive would act as a social lubricant in this situation?." Draxus consults his spaceial storage and pauses. "Were such a thing actually available. What I have seems to be inadequate for such a purpose, unfortunately. I currently hold the sum of two hundred gold pieces."

Show

Draxus

Actions: N/A

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The Problemshooter looks on with confusion. If these are the second party, then we shouldn't pre-empt them. I'm not sold on how best to deal with this prophecy, but acting either way might be seen as an insult to the dragon if they win.

He thinks.

Parley!?
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2022-06-12 at 03:47 AM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

While you continue to talk at the white dragon the Ice dragon turns it's attention towards the party breathing it's deadly icy breath covering the entire party.

26. - Top - End - #86

GreenSorcererElf

Bathed in the icy breath of the dragon, Illaria sighs coldly the wave of cold washes over her. In the aftermath, she shakes her head as the rime falls from her lustrous hair, although her pale skin seems a little frostburned. (5 damage taken)
    Despite the dragon's warning, she turns to the ice dragon to conduct an experiment, her hand rising as she sings a short, fierce chant, before three rays of fire blast towards the ice dragon. With the fire lancing out, she speaks clearly and slowly to the remaining ice dragon, as though speaking to a small child or pet. "Bad Dragon."

Show

Casting Scorching Ray
    (1d20+18)[34] Touch attack 1
    (4d6+4)[19] Fire damage 1

(1d20+18)[30] Touch attack 2
    (4d6+4)[16] Fire damage 2

(1d20+18)[30] Touch attack 3
    (4d6+4)[20] Fire damage 3

(1d20+18)[29] Touch attack Crit confirm(If needed)
    (4d6+4)[18] Fire damage Bonus crit damage
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2022-06-12 at 09:32 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

as you cast your spell (Scorching Ray) it leaps from your fingers striking the icy beast solidly weakening it significantly, as you do the white dragon speaks firmly, You have made your choice, now I give thee one last warning leave my cave or I will exact my wrath upon you.

28. - Top - End - #88

GreenSorcererElf

Illaria gives the dragon a cold look. "If you expect us to stand by while your minions attacked us, you are mistaken. This is your choice, not ours."

She looks back at her allies. "We're going to want to try to leave both the dragon and the other group alive for questioning."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

29. - Top - End - #89

Cocking a metalic head at the brief exchange, Draxus raises his arm as a bolt of psychic energy snaps into being, forming from a port on his outer foerarm. "Lord Dragon, we hope to converse and come to an amicable agreement and do not wish to intrude. However, this cannot be accomplished while under direct assault by this construct. Please forgive us the brief moments needed to resolve that, and we will happily continue our discourse afterward. I will attempt to avoid damage to the surrounding structure. Subjugation commencing." As he speaks loudly to the dragon, he fires three quick bolts in rapid succession, the bolts splintering apart and causing six identical projectiles to fly at the Ice Dragon construct.

Show

Draxus

Actions: Rapid Shot (+3 Splitting Mind Bolt enhanced) with Sonic energy:
    Attack One (Original): (1d20+28)[39] & Piercing Damage (4d6+14)[24] + Sonic Damage (1d6)[3]
    Attack One (Split): (1d20+28)[40] & Piercing Damage (4d6+14)[33] + Sonic Damage (1d6)[6]
    Attack Two (Original): (1d20+23)[25] & Piercing Damage (4d6+14)[24] + Sonic Damage (1d6)[3]
    Attack Two (Split): (1d20+23)[41] & Piercing Damage (4d6+14)[27] + Sonic Damage (1d6)[4]
    Attack Three (Original): (1d20+18)[29] & Piercing Damage (4d6+14)[30] + Sonic Damage (1d6)[6]
    Attack Three (Split): (1d20+18)[38] & Piercing Damage (4d6+14)[25] + Sonic Damage (1d6)[4]

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

So be it. May the Yonder take your spirit in peace The Problemshooter intoned in Draconic.

He turns off the safety on The Boomstick and groups up into Righteous Devil Stance.

He takes careful aim at the White Dragon, focusing on the ways of shootism until, for a moment, he can fire at am exposed part if its belly.

He then engages Blossom of Righteous Fire Technique, empowering a bullet to cut through everything in its path for greatly enhanced damage!

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

This attack hits the White dragon first then the Ice Dragon if succeeds on that hit, using the same roll. One conventional bullet is expended, but I remain fully loaded due to Righteous Devil Stance.

The Problemshooter uses his flanking shot ability to gain flanking versus the White Dragon for one round. This causes it to take an addition 1d6+8 damage and bleed out for 4 hp a round

(1d20+25)[32] to hit

(1d20+25)[38] to confirm if critical threat

Damage on the White dragon (1d12+22)[24] plus (1d4)[2] acid

(6d6)[17] manuever damage

Precision damage on the white dragon (1d6+8)[13]

Hypothetical critical (2d12)[15]

Damage on the ice dragon (1d12+22)[29] plus (1d4)[1] acid

Hypothetical critical (2d12)[10]

Roll]6d6[/roll] manuever damage
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin