New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Question Whatchya all thinking about my ogre? :D

Okay, okay, it's a refluffed death knight. But still. He is a half-fiend, so I changed some stats as well as completely changed his spell array. i wanted NOTHING with concentration in the roster, because of this guy's background:

- he is a loner
    - he is a brutal, relentless melee warrior
    - he should be fitted out with abilities to survive being surprised and attacked, since no minions at his back - i gave him some "get out of trouble" spells
    - he is a hunter. he hunts sentient creatures, captures or kills them, them sacrifices them to his God of Devouring
    - he is also a caster (what spells would feel more trap-y? Hunter-like?)

So, with all this said... I'd really appreciate any comments on my homebrewed Heartless Hidetsugu.

Mujo Hidetsugu
    Large Demon Giant, chaotic evil
    AC 10 (18 plate)
    Hit Points 180 (19d8 + 95)
    Speed 40 ft.
    STR: 20(+5) DEX: 11(+0) CON: 20(+5) INT: 12(+1) WIS: 16(+3) CHA: 18(+4)

Saving Throws: Dexterity +6, Wisdom +7, Charisma +10
    Damage Immunities: fire, cold, lightning, poison; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks

Condition Immunities: Charmed, Frightened, Poisoned
    Senses: Darkvision 120 ft., Passive Perception 13
    Languages: Sylvan
    Challenge Rating: 17 (18,000 XP)

Magic Resistance. The Mujo Hidetsugu has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
    Spellcasting. The Mujo Hidetsugu is a 19th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 18, +10 to hit with spell attacks). It has the following sorcerer spells prepared:
    1st level (4 slots): Expeditious Retreat, Magic Missile, Shield
    2nd level (3 slots): Misty Step, See Invisibility
    3rd level (3 slots): Lightning Bolt, Counterspell
    4th level (3 slots): Ice Storm, Dimension Door
    5th level (2 slots): Cone of Cold

Actions
    Multiattack. The Mujo Hidetsugu makes three maul attacks.
    Maul. Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (2d6 + 5) bludgeoning damage, plus 18 (4d8) fire damage.

Nimbus Of Jaws (Recharge 5-6). The Mujo Hidetsugu magically emits scintillating, multicolored light, filled with biting maws. Each creature within 30 feet of the Mujo Hidetsugu that can see the light and maws must succeed on a DC 18 Wisdom saving throw. A target takes 4d6 psychic damage on a failed save and is frightened for 1 minute, or half as much damage on a successful one. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a creature's saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the creature is immune to the Mujo Hidetsugu's Nimbus Of Jaws for the next 24 hours.
    Reactions

Parry. The Mujo Hidetsugu adds 6 to its AC against one melee attack that would hit it. To do so, the Mujo Hidetsugu must see the attacker and be wielding a melee weapon.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Whatchya all thinking about my ogre? :D

Giving him shield when his Parry adds +6 AC seems off somehow.

That's it. Everything else looks okay to me.