I've always wanted an Alchemist or Gunslinger style character in D&D 3.5 and I run E6 campaigns pretty much exclusively now. So in all of my rewriting, I decided to also make one up. I stole some bits and pieces but most of it has been changed to fit what I think of inside the system of E6 I have made.

All character classes have been changed to fit this style of progression, lots of class abilities, tailored spell lists, unique mechanics etc.

Let me know what you think, I really enjoyed writing this one up, especially the spell mechanic at the very end, which a friend of mine helped me develop.

If this interests you, the entire PHB style document is listed on another thread in this Homebrew section.

Alchemist
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
1st +0 +2 +2 +2 Alchemical Genius I, Master Crafter, Magelock Alchemy 1, Spells
2nd+1 +3 +3 +3 Alchemical Genius II, Alchemical Specialty I, Mobile Laboratory I
3rd +2 +3 +3 +3 Alchemical Genius III, In a Pinch, Magelock Bond
4th +3 +4 +4 +4 Alchemical Genius IV, Excite the Mixture, Magelock Alchemy 2
5th +3 +4 +4 +4 Alchemical Genius V, Runic Bullet, Mobile Laboratory II
6th +3 +5 +5 +5 Alchemical Genius VI, Alchemical Specialty II, Magelock Alchemy 3
7th +3 +5 +5 +5 Alchemical Genius VII, Magi-chemical Infusion, Limited Apotheosis
8th +3 +5 +5 +5 Alchemical Genius VIII, Bullet Storm, Magelock Alchemy 4

Hit Die: 1d4

Skill Points per Level: 12 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Alchemists are proficient with all simple weapons, magelock firearms, hand crossbows and with light armor.

Alchemical Genius: As you level you gain more combinations of reagents and mastery over firearms.
I: At 1st level, Point Blank Shot, alchemical items you create provide double the bonus or negative.
II: At 2nd level, Precise Shot, when you use a grenade-like weapon you may pick one other square to affect with the main ability instead of taking splash damage.
III: At 3rd Level, you do not provoke attacks of opportunity with ranged or thrown attacks
IV: At 4th level, Gain Shot on the Run, Craft Alchemy DC 30 to clear a jammed weapon as a free action
V: At 5th level, your splash damage from items you craft affects all creatures within 10 ft of the target.
VI: At 6th level, Magelock firearms gain 5ft reach. +2 hit & damage within 10 ft ranged weapons.
VII: At 7th level, you may create as many alchemical items in a day as you want.
VIII: At 8th level, your Runic Bullets do +1d6 damage/level in addition to their other effects.

Master Crafter: An Alchemist gains his level to all craft skills and checks.

Magelock Alchemy:
1st level: an Alchemist starts off with a magelock pistol* that allows him to cast his spells using the pistol as the focus and for somatic and material components that cost less than 100 gp.
4th level: May add alchemical effects to bullets he crafts such as acid, holy water, or alchemist’s fire by making the appropriate craft alchemy and firearms checks. Each check yields 1 bullet instead of 20 and costs 5 gold pieces plus the amount to make the alchemical item no save vs these items if hit with an attack roll. Only usable by the Alchemist. Does not deal extra damage on critical for alchemical effect.
6th level: Alchemical items you craft do an additional point of splash damage and an extra die of damage
8th level: Magelock firearms +30 range incr. Alchemical bullets and items deal double damage on a crit.

Spells: An Alchemist gains spells off Intelligence. Pick from the Alchemist list. Gain 2 spells known/level.

Alchemical Specialty: Pick one of the following.
Gunner: Deal an extra damage equal to your level with any gun you wield at 2nd level, reload one step faster, and may cast touch and ray spells through the gun using its range (Must use masterwork bullet), crit multipliers etc as part of a ranged attack. At 6th level double range of all Magelock weapons and increase the crit multiplier by 1.
Bomber: You and your allies take no splash damage from alchemical items you create. All Alchemical items you create have double their normal duration and/or deal an extra die of damage and an extra point of splash damage. At 6th level your alchemical items offer double the bonus and/or deal maximum damage and an additional point of splash damage. (This means they offer 4 times the bonus)
Spellchemy: With a DC 25 craft Alchemy check you may make a potion version of one of your spells. It costs 3 gp plus 3gp per level of the spell, times caster level and lasts 24 hours after creation (48 at 6th). Spells that deal damage originate in the square they land and deal half damage to all splash damage locations. Thus a 5th caster level burning hands would deal 5d4 in a cone and 2d4 in each area that would receive splash damage and cost 15 gp to create. At 6th level you gain one additional spell per level per day and may craft double the number of alchemical items at a time.

Mobile Laboratory: Alchemical items cost half as much to create as normal and half as much time as normal, but not alchemical bullets. At 6th level you may use one check to create two items for the cost of 1.
In a Pinch: If a spell/alchemical item has an expensive component you may spend 1/25 cost in XP instead.

Magelock Bond: At 3rd level, an Alchemist may bond one of his magelock weapons. He may summon it as a free action as long as it is on the same plane. While holding it he gains the Alertness feat, and may see out of the gun as if using his own vision type, allowing him to fire even if he could not normally see, is blind, etc.

Excite the Mixture: Once per day, may have an alchemical item deal maximum damage and/or 2 additional points of splash damage. If the item does not deal damage, double its effect or radius instead and increase the DC by 4.

Runic Bullet: At 5th level you may make a runic bullet for 15gp/character level. You may store one spell in the bullet, losing the slot at the time of creation. DC35 to craft.

Magi-chemical Infusion: At 7th level, you may expend a 2nd or higher slot to make a bullet act as if it were alchemically enhanced. This can allow you to add an extra effect to a bullet that is already enhanced.

Limited Apotheosis: At 7th level, once per day, you gain +4 to your Int and Dex, +4 to natural AC, and +30 ft movement speed. These bonuses last for 1 round per level

Bullet Storm: At 8th level an Alchemist may treat all of his shots as if they were touch attacks for a number of rounds equal to his level. Furthermore, any round that kills a target is immediately returned to his gun as if it had not been fired, including keeping alchemical enhancements, spells, etc.

*Magelock Pistol: A magelock pistol does 1d8 damage with a crit range of 19-20 x3 and a range increment of 30 ft. It deals piercing and bludgeoning damage and takes a full round action to reload. Feats and abilities like Rapid Reload can reduce this time. A Magelock pistol counts as a hand crossbow for feats and abilities, while a Magelock rifle counts as a heavy or great crossbow. Revolvers count as a repeating crossbow. Magelock revolvers and other magelock firearms exist but must be acquired or crafted. If you roll a fumble with a magelock revolver it takes a full round to clear the jam, note this is not a reload and not affected by feats or abilities that increase your reload speed. The round and any other abilities you were using are wasted on a fumble.

Craft Firearm:
Bullet Cartridge: DC 20 create 20 bullets for 25 gp
Magelock Pistol: DC 25 1d8 19-20 x3 30 ft range increment, full round action to reload
Masterwork Bullet Cartridge: DC 30: 20 masterwork bullets 175 gp
Magelock Revolver: DC 30 same stats as a pistol but fire 6 rounds before full round reload.
Magelock Rifle: DC 35 Deals 2d6 19-20 x4 range 90 ft
Repeating Magelock Rifle: DC 40 Same as Magelock rifle but fire 6 rounds before full round reload.

Spells per Day: Intelligence no bonus spells for high Intelligence.
Level 0th 1st 2nd 3rd
1st 2 1 — —
2nd 3 2 — —
3rd 3 2 1 —
4th 4 3 2 —
5th 4 3 2 1
6th 5 4 3 2

Level 0
Detect Magic
Detect Poison
Disrupt Undead
Ebon Eyes
Endure Elements
Light
Purify Food/Drink
RepairLightDamage
Stick (5lbs per level)

Level 1
Aid
Animalistic Power
Barkskin
Burning Hands
Enlarge Person
Ice Dagger
Neutralize Poison
Repair Moderate Damage
Scorch

Level 2
+4 stat spells
Acid Breath
Continual Flame
False Life(2d10+1 per CL)
Acid Arrow(+1/round/level)
Lightning Bolt
Repair Serious Damage
Soften Earth and Stone
Unluck

Level 3
Blast of Flame
Daylight
Displacement
Plant Growth
Polymorph
Repair Critical Damage
Stoneskin
Tenser’s Transformation 3.0
Wall of Fire

Spell Potions:
Instead of casting spells like a wizard or sorcerer an Alchemist makes a number of potion vials that have latent potential. He may pass them out to his party or keep them on his person. As a free action he may cause one of these vials to be filled with a spell from his list of spells known. After that the potion may be used as if it were a regular potion of that spell or as a grenadelike weapon. An alchemist may make any number of potion vials per day but when he runs out of spells per day for a level he cannot infuse a new vial with spells of that level.