New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The LA Assignment Thread XII: the LA-bors of Heracles

Quote Originally Posted by zlefin View Post
    I'm going to go with +1; it feels like there's too many bonuses for a mere +0, all those stat synergies really add up to a very solid beatstick type and help it keep scaling well at higher levels. I haven't been on these threads much in a long while, so I don't know if standards have evolved much since I was last on;
    i can see where youre coming from by 8 mandatory RHD is a lot

HD: 8
    Ability Scores: Str +12, Dex +4, Con +8, Int +0, Wis +8, Cha +6 - Net +38
    like yeah thats a lot of stats, but youre talking about a "solid beatstick" then 1/3 of them arent even useful. id say those bonuses are way too much for a beatstick if it had half that many HD but at 8? you can get physical stat bonuses close to this for fair low LA. Idk I don't think the stats alone are +1 worthy. Maybe overall the thing is, I'm not arguing against that so much as this specific line:

I'm going to go with +1; it feels like there's too many bonuses for a mere +0
    that line is what i don't necessarily agree with.

to elaborate further, youre saying this thing should go beatstick, yeah i can see that. that makes the wis and cha mostly meaningless so take them out of the net total. so now were at +24. 8RHD is a lot so lets divide the stats by the HD. 24/8 = 3. So this is equivalent to a 1HD beatsick with a net +3 to stats. I do not think that would be worth LA +1, and honestly the more HD you have the more stats you need for it to be worth as much, so another point against the thing.

Thats my 2 copper

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The LA Assignment Thread XII: the LA-bors of Heracles

Quote Originally Posted by Remuko View Post
    to elaborate further, youre saying this thing should go beatstick, yeah i can see that. that makes the wis and cha mostly meaningless so take them out of the net total.
    On an ordinary beatstick Wisdom and Charisma don't matter, but the Green Crusader's abilities let it use those stats to augment its beatsticking capabilities. To discard them is to ignore a significant factor in its beatsticking ability.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.