I've always hated how overly complex and tedious figuring out crafting was. So I decided to try my hand at rebuilding it.

I am fully aware that this will drastically increase craft times on items and I do not mind at all for my E6 campaign. The times were always wonky for me anyway and also I hated that higher DC items were crafted faster than lower DC items.

So here it is.
Craft Skills
You make the check before you begin to see how long it takes to craft the item. If your gold piece value at the end is equal to the dc of the item you have created it. Gold piece values for crafting are cumulative, this you can spend multiple days, weeks, or months crafting an expensive item and the value you earn each day goes to that total. If you only spend your time crafting, say for a blacksmith, you gain +5 to your roll. If you are adventuring and crafting in your spare time, you get -5 to your roll.

Each day you complete a number of (gold pieces with of work = (Craft check x (DC/Complexity))/8

Complexity is determined by dividing the DC of the item by 5 and rounding up. Thus an item with a DC 20 would have a complexity of 4 while a DC 40 would have a complexity of 8, and a DC 27 would have a complexity of 6.

If you use Masterwork tools, you reduce the complexity of the item by 1. For every 4 ranks you have in the craft skill necessary for the item you reduce the complexity by 1.

If your complexity is reduced to 0 or lower, change the formula to (Craft check x (DCx2))/8

For example, if you want to craft an Alchemist’s fire, the DC is 20 and the complexity is 4. While adventuring you attempt to make the item using a masterwork alchemy lab. As a 5th level character with 8 ranks in Craft(Alchemy) you reduce the complexity by 2 and your masterwork lab reduces it by a further 1, bringing the complexity to 1. Your craft check taking 10+8 ranks+3 Int+2 Masterwork tool-5 adventuring) would result in a dc 18 being rolled. That means you would get the gold piece value of ((18x20)=360)/8 gp worth of work for the day. Or 45 gp, meaning you can complete 2 flasks of Alchemists fire in one day while adventuring.

A blacksmith with 4 ranks in craft armorsmith and a 10 intelligence creating a suit of full plate without masterwork tools, but doing nothing but crafting for the day would get (taking 10+4+5=19). Full plate has a DC of 18 and thus a complexity of 4, and his 4 ranks drops it to 3 so his daily total would be (19x6)/8 = 14(14.25) per day. Meaning it would take him 95 days to complete the suit of full plate.
If he had a masterwork set of tools his check would increase by 2 and his complexity would drop to 2.
(21*9)/8= 24(23.625) meaning he could create a suit of full plate in around 62 days.