New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Afterlife 3

1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Afterlife 3

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    On one hand it's fun to keep Snow alive.

On the other hand I do want to D1 wagon successfully.

Decisions.

Decisions.
    Was that meant to be "D1 wagon her successfully"?

Or, in less cryptic terms: do you want to kill me for the memes, or do you actually wolfread me?

(I may or may not produce more RP at some point.)
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

What's meant by "meme vote"?
    I know the general concept of memes both in the academic sense and the youtube/modern-parlance sense, but I think that phrase entered the jargon here on the Playground Forums while I was out of the games and I don't quite grok it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Yes, trying to wagon me is a death wish. Not that I particularly want to kill you
    Ooo.... implying a power claim, Snowblaze?
    That's usually a wolf power, and wolves seem more likely to have powers this game, and seems a little odd for a townie to claim this when they have no reason to think wolves aren't on their wagon. So for that (and perhaps some other reasons I'd rather not go into until D2), this makes me mildly suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rules
    To cast your vote, please bold and color in red the name of the person you wish to vote.
    @AV: if someone posts a vote in just red (not bolded), will it count?
    Really hoping just red counts, lest we have to check the font carefully to check trickery.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    What's meant by "meme vote"?
    I know the general concept of memes both in the academic sense and the youtube/modern-parlance sense, but I think that phrase entered the jargon here on the Playground Forums while I was out of the games and I don't quite grok it.

Ooo.... implying a power claim, Snowblaze?
    That's usually a wolf power, and wolves seem more likely to have powers this game, and seems a little odd for a townie to claim this when they have no reason to think wolves aren't on their wagon. So for that (and perhaps some other reasons I'd rather not go into until D2), this makes me mildly suspicious.

@AV: if someone posts a vote in just red (not bolded), will it count?
    Really hoping just red counts, lest we have to check the font carefully to check trickery.
    Per the rules in the OP, bolding and coloring are both necessary for a vote to count.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Per the rules in the OP, bolding and coloring are both necessary for a vote to count.
    ::grumble:: At least so far, looks like every vote has been bolded, so no trickery yet from this.
    Thanks for confirming.

I almost didn't bold my vote, so glad I actually asked. I probably would have missed the rule if not for someone posting about how they remembered to bold theirs.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Was that meant to be "D1 wagon her successfully"?

Or, in less cryptic terms: do you want to kill me for the memes, or do you actually wolfread me?

(I may or may not produce more RP at some point.)
    I'm here for memes and dreams
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

No, I wasn't trying to imply a power claim. In fact I'll explicitly claim that I'm not any kind of beast/vengeful role. I was just joking, because based on recent games players who try to wagon me end up dead. (Also I was replying to bladescape's observation, which I didn't quote. Also also the "not that I particularly want to kill you" was a reference to the fact I'm voting bladescape.)

Meme vote = random vote = voting for someone for non-game-related reasons. In my case, because I've never died day one despite coming extremely close several times and totally deserving to die day one at least once.

...I'm starting to care about this game now.

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

...I'm starting to care about this game now.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Which I guess means I should try and dredge some reads up from the dark depths of this thread.

flat's opening gave me a vague gut townlean for reasons I can't really articulate and which I probably won't put much weight on once we have more to go on, assuming I don't get myself killed one way or the other before then.

Taffimai is null, stated she was going to RP in recruitment so would probably do this regardless of her alignment.

I remain vaguely uneasy about Xumtiil, but I don't really want to commit to that for reasons I mentioned earlier and also because if bladescape is town he has a habit of being right about his early reads.

Not that I'm convinced bladescape is town. I can't read bladescape. I have no clue what his alignment is, I'm just voting him because I want a wagon which isn't me to exist.

I can... kind of understand where Jeen's coming from as someone who's missing the context of my post and recent events, and iirc a mechanically-oriented player. So maybe the slightest of townleans? Though I remember precisely nothing about their wolf game, so...

tl;dr I have precisely zero confident reads despite the amount of words about them I can produce.

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

I would like to add that I only like meme votes when directed at me

What can I say, I’m a traditionalist.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

10. - Top - End - #40

RedKnightGirl

Vote Count:

Book Wombat (2): Wombat, Batcathat
    Snowblaze (4): Flat-footed, Bladescape, Xumtiil, JeenLeen
    Bladescape (4): Elenna, Snowblaze, Xihirli, Taffimai

Not voting: Gac
    Last edited by Taffimai; 2022-05-23 at 07:54 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

If I have to choose between Snow and bladescape, I'm going with the latter. I don't really have a read on blade either way, but Snow feels towny and I usually have a pretty good read on her (though as last game showed, it's far from perfect. ). Though I do feel a little bad about helping Snow escape D1 death yet again...

I think the only one I'm at least sort of wolfreading is Xumtiil, but that's basically just a bad feeling (about a player I don't have much experience with), so I won't push for it at this point.

I'm still on the (rail)road, but I should be at the hotel in a couple of hours, so I might try to put some actual reasons behind my feelings at that point.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    "Was there anything else you wanted?"
    "Well, no. Just looking for miss Snowblaze. Something in my accounting just didn't match up, and I want to make sure it is what I think it is, because if so, we might be in trouble from the head office. Ah, there she is.

Miss Snowblaze, I've seen some peculiar purchase requisitions from you. Can you tell me why you needed a... Uh, "miniature giant cat carrier"? Wait no, wrong request, just a moment please..."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler: previous installments in the RP
    Show
    "Sleeping, I think." The man chuckles wryly, hand coming up to brush the hair out of his face as he grinned at the bookish scientist. There was a quick appraising glance, then a nod. "What abouts you, doing your science thing?"

"That being said, saving our undeath has a really weird ring to it. But I like it. Here to save undeaths and read magazines."
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    "Oh, it's Ms Snowblaze you're looking for. Sure, I have an idea of where she went, just follow me."

...but why did you come all the way out to me if she's the one you actually wanted, he added to himself, but he wasn't going to have that conversation. First of all, because he wanted to be polite to the young man (and it was very tragic to get involved in such a bad accident only days after you start a new job), but mostly because the live capture cage trap he was carrying was slightly heavy and very unwieldy, so he was eager to get back to his own business.

They made it back inside and towards the cantine. As he expected, most people had gathered there looking for a hot drink and something to eat to get over the shock. A... painfully polite conversation was taking place about who could be responsible for the accident. He was glad to stay well out of it, though it was funny to see these well-dressed, educated people all dishevelled. Especially Ms Xihirli was looking very pale. He must go and find her a nice warm blanket as soon as he had put up the badger trap near the bookcase.

Perhaps he'd even find AvatarVecna then. She hadn't been in the shed (which was good, because it was an unholy mess in there), but maybe she'd hidden in a storage closet, you never knew.

"Was there anything else you wanted?"
    "Well, no. Just looking for miss Snowblaze. Something in my accounting just didn't match up, and I want to make sure it is what I think it is, because if so, we might be in trouble from the head office. Ah, there she is.

Miss Snowblaze, I've seen some peculiar purchase requisitions from you. Can you tell me why you needed a... Uh, "miniature giant cat carrier"? Wait no, wrong request, just a moment please..."

She rolled her eyes. "If by "science thing" you mean reading a journal article about neutrinos, yes." Not for the first time, she wondered how on earth he'd managed to get a job at a nuclear power plant.

Actually, that was a pretty good point. When you were hunting for sabatours, someone not seeming particularly qualified for their job was potentially a suspicious sign. Especially since this particular band of sabatours weren't even competent enough to escape.

She was trying to think of a tactful way of asking how he'd got his job when the janitor returned, carrying some kind of large metal contraption and accompanied by the newest worker. Who was looking for her about peculiar purchase requisitions.

"I certainly didn't request a miniature giant cat carrier. That one's probably Taff, seeing as he's the cat owner around here." She resisted the urge to ask whether this was really relevant to their current situation or why getting in trouble with head office mattered when they were all dead. Even now, the instinct to be nice to the newbies held firm.

"Look, if this is about those journals I've been ordering again - " It had taken weeks to resolve that. All she wanted was to receive mail-order at a highly secure nuclear power plant in the middle of nowhere... okay, when you put it that way it didn't sound so simple. But still.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I feel bad about probably getting bladescape killed. On the other hand, lack of better options + self-preservation. Votes are appreciated, BCH and Taffimai (and Xihirli!).

Once you're able to post, BCH, it would be great if you could elaborate on your Xumtiil read. Is it for the same reasons as mine or different ones?

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #44

Things to remember once I'm gone:

If Snow is a wolf Bat has a mildly partnery look.

Do not hard trust my Xum read it's a guess more than surety.

I don't like Elenna's positioning.

If we're both town then one in Xum/Jeen is possible.

Also maybe Xi.

Taff is a blind spot but I have a stupid reason for thinking she might be town.

BW I can't read d1.

FF seems unlikely.

Gac is ? (Have they even posted?)

- - - Updated - - -

Btw if Snow red then only 1 of BCH and Xi is wolf, not both

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

15. - Top - End - #45

RedKnightGirl

Janitor Taff is staring in silent consternation at the young accountant.

"A miniature giant cat carrier? What is that supposed to be? It's a medium sized live capture cage trap, you dingbat. And you'd got all the paperwork for it neatly on your desk three months ago when we had the family of badgers causing trouble in the parking lot. And why on earth would you expect Ms Snowblaze to know anything about it? Poor bugger must've gotten hit on the head or something..."

He suddenly loses his train of thought as he notices someone missing.

"Where's Ms Elenna gone? She should be here, her office is right around the corner. We should search for her, she might be injured!" ...or worse.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I am aware that Elenna has posted and voted, I'm running with a theme where Taff goes looking for the people I'm voting for.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I don't like Elenna's positioning.
    Yeah that's fair, I haven't been able to find any reads in all these random/semirandom votes so I haven't had anything to say.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

I'm back, will try to catch up on what was said before the end of day. Quick skim of the last vote count and subsequent votes looks like we still have a tie?

I don't know how to feel about Taffi's vote. Maybe it makes more sense once I read the thread? Though I am used to people voting to make a tie, not unvoting to make a tie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #48

Do I have to vote seriously?

19. - Top - End - #49

Do I have to vote seriously?
    I mean... we are already dead anyways.
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Once you're able to post, BCH, it would be great if you could elaborate on your Xumtiil read. Is it for the same reasons as mine or different ones?
    I haven't had time to look closer at Xum (last night became work followed by sleep, soon to be followed by more travel), so it's mainly just a very vague bad feeling. If Xum and I are both alive by D2, I'll try putting it into words.

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I don't know how to feel about Taffi's vote. Maybe it makes more sense once I read the thread? Though I am used to people voting to make a tie, not unvoting to make a tie.
    On one hand, I want to say that it makes Taff look suspicious if blade flips wolf (or Snow flips town). But on the other, I feel like a wolfy Taff would be more subtle if she was trying to save a wolf buddy.

@AV: Is talking at night allowed?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

@AV: Is talking at night allowed?
    Yes, it is.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #52

Day is over in 30m.

Shall I live or die?

I think none have the answer to my endless question

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Welp.

Snowblaze 4 (flat_footed, bladescape, Xumtiil, JeenLeen)
    bladescape 4 (Elenna, Snowblaze, Xihirli, Batcathat)
    Elenna 1 (Taffimai)
    Book Wombat 1 (Book Wombat)

And gac still hasn't shown up.

...this is really not the best preparation for an exam this morning, is it?

If anyone's around I'd really appreciate voting someone who isn't me. Otherwise I guess it's up to the RNG.

I'll skim through stuff and try to put together a legacy of some sort.

- - - Updated - - -

Slightly crazy move, bladescape: we both vote Elenna to create a three-way tie. We then have to trust that neither of us self-preservation snipes the other, which would be nerve-wracking, but if we agree now that doing that is a wolf claim...

(I'm still trying to work out if I actually wolfread Elenna, but a three-way tie is a better chance of living than a two-way tie.)

Taffimai makes very little sense as a bladescape partner, but could be a wolf in worlds where we're both town.

- - - Updated - - -

Batcathat is... I think their bladescape vote is decently unlikely to be a bus. I have a vague gut townlean which is countered by their suspicion of Xumtiil for equally vague reasons immediately after my own.

If bladescape is a wolf I'd say Jeen is the most likely partner.

- - - Updated - - -

Xumtiil isn't necessarily partnered with bladescape. If I'm right his motivation for not immediately voting for me was to give him the chance to jump on a later Snowblaze wagon, and he made that post before wagons became what they are. So I don't think bladescape's alignment changes my opinion of his very much.

- - - Updated - - -

Who haven't I talked about?

I can't read Xihirli or BW. Standing by my vague gut townlean on flat. Which I guess leaves Elenna.

Not having anything to say is... wolfy but would a wolf actually admit to it? It also don't seem the natural response to "I don't like your positioning" which... on its own doesn't tell you a massive amount, but it implies a problem with what Elenna has posted rather than what she hasn't.

At the time, all Elenna had posted was a random vote on bladescape, and that didn't ping me at the time. (Still doesn't, I think.) So I'd appreciate elaboration on that, bladescape, if you survive. (Remain undead. You know.)

- - - Updated - - -

Also I haven't actually talked about bladescape very much, considering he's my counterwagon. I have zero faith in my ability to read him, and when one of us is about to die it's...probably not that useful.

I don't think he's been actively wolfy, I can kind of see his perspective in his legacy. Not townreading him, partly because of (justified) paranoia and partly because I want him to be a wolf because he's my counterwagon.

Around and obsessively refreshing probably until EOD.

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #54

I'm here, but am not seeing and signs that would move my vote to Bladescape right now. I've read through the thread and was kinda surprised how low the activity level has been.

That being said, I could be convinced to change to Taffi just cause their Elenna vote keeps sticking out in my head. I'll try to ISO a few people and see if anything sticks out, but not much to go off of.

Edit: Too close to end of day to say I could ISO honestly and move my vote. I'll take some time once the flip happens and see if anything jumps out.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2022-05-24 at 01:03 AM.
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I'm here, but am not seeing and signs that would move my vote to Bladescape right now. I've read through the thread and was kinda surprised how low the activity level has been.

That being said, I could be convinced to change to Taffi just cause their Elenna vote keeps sticking out in my head. I'll try to ISO a few people and see if anything sticks out, but not much to go off of.
    Screw it, I'm giving you a sign.

Sorry about this, bladescape, but I'm claiming baner. And would like to not die, please and thank you.

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

I hate you for making me save you, Snow. Elenna
    Last edited by Xumtiil; 2022-05-24 at 01:07 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Bladescape, trusting you here Snow.

Rather Elenna than Blade with Xum.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2022-05-24 at 01:08 AM.
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I hate you for making me save you, Snow. Elenna
    Sorry, I guess. Also you need to bold that or it doesn't count.

- - - Updated - - -

And Elenna because I slightly prefer killing her to bladescape now self-preservation isn't an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I guess we're killing Elenna then.

Here's hoping. Very sorry if you're town.

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #59

How crazy would it be if I also claimed Baner.

- - - Updated - - -

Also nice flash wagon.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Votecount
    Show
    Book Wombat (1): Book Wombat
    Snowblaze (2): bladescape, JeenLeen
    bladescape (3): Elenna, Xihirli, Batcathat
    Elenna (4): Taffimai, Xumtiil, flat_footed, Snowblaze

End Of Day 1

The first victim of the ghostbusters was a jokester - just someone who worked here and tried to keep people's spirits up. The head ghostbuster claimed to have found evidence in the ruins of his workstation that he was a diehard radical, an eco-terrorist sabotaging the reactor to try and cause a Fallout style apocalypse. They proceeded to trap the poor, innocent soul in a small box and high-fived each other for a job well done.

Elenna has been lynched. They were a Vanillager.

Night One Ends In ~24 Hours

My Homebrew