New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Afterlife 3

1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Afterlife 3

How do "I can see bladescape's point about my read being too confident" and "bladescape's throwing shade on me makes him more likely to be a wolf" fit together? It looks kind of contradictory.

Who are wolf!bladescape's partners?
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    How do "I can see bladescape's point about my read being too confident" and "bladescape's throwing shade on me makes him more likely to be a wolf" fit together? It looks kind of contradictory.
    You're right, it kind of is. The first part is an intellectual reaction, while the second part is an emotional one (basically that I'm worried that blade suspecting me makes me more likely to suspect him).

As for partners, going of my other reads I want to say Xum, but I haven't checked how well they work as partners. As for the third (and maybe fourth? Though four wolves seems like a lot for the number of players) I don't really have any good suggestions. Maybe BW and/or gac, on account of not giving me a lot to work with?

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify, I don't think blade suspecting me is wolfy, I think blade suspecting me might make me more likely to think he's wolfy, if that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

@AV: Are there any rules for autolynching or replacing inactive players, by the way?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I guess I'll reserve judgement until I see your ISOs, then.

In the meantime, I'm trying and failing to find a plausible reason for town!bladescape to maybe-counterclaim. So please provide one.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I don't think there's ever a fourth wolf in an eleven player game. If there is we're in LyLo and I really don't want to be in LyLo rn.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2022-05-26 at 10:52 AM.

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Taffimai dying negates my idea that Taffimai was a wolfbuddy with Snowblaze to set up a possible counterwagon. Not really means anything.

Jeen, how does your analysis change as a result of my corrections?
    Since flipped Town, doesn't mean much. It rules out them being wolfbuddy with bladescape, but, well, we know Taffimai's not a wolf now.
    Also negates my idea that Taffimai was a wolfbuddy with Snowblaze to set up a possible counterwagon. So, again, no info.

My guess is that Taffimai was a relatively safe hit by the wolves, letting suspicion stay on whatever townie the wolves think has the most heat.

Could me/bladescape be w/w?

If one of us is a wolf, which is it?

Who are the most likely partners for wolf!bladescape and wolf!me?

If we're both town, who are the wolves?
    Both of you could be wolves. It'd be a bold plan for D1, but I've seen wolf!Snowblaze do very bold plans before (high risk, high reward) and bladescape seems likely game for such, or at least finding the idea entertaining. Not that I've played with him a lot, but have had some fun banter in the past.
    However, the WIFOM gets so heavy with that hypothesis that I'd rather assume at least one of you is town.

I have no strong reason to think one of you is a wolf over the other, but I think bladescape's flip will give more info (as I stated prior to N1 ending), so voting there.

If you're both town, well, the wolves are having some fun and might have this game in the bag.
    Since you claimed baner, I think those who voted Elenna gain some towncred if you flip wolf. A wolf would love the baner to get lynched D1, and it's reasonable to say one was asleep around midnight and didn't see the claim. Though I'm not sure of everyone's time zone; it was midnight to 2 am mytime (not sure which).
    So I'd lean... eh, no real idea. Guess a vague wolfish feel on Xihirli and Batcathat in that circumstance.

Also, not meaning any offense, but Taffimai and Xumtiil are both players I haven't played with before. I'm getting them mixed up when thinking about who did/said what. That is probably hurting my analysis, at the least giving me a blind spot with regards to them.

- - - Updated - - -

In the meantime, I'm trying and failing to find a plausible reason for town!bladescape to maybe-counterclaim. So please provide one.
    I can think of one that is a lousy reason for a townie to do it (but one a townie might do), and one that's a good reason for a townie to do it.
    But I'd like to hear what bladescape says rather than risk giving a wolf an alibi.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2022-05-25 at 02:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I think you missed the second correction, which was that Batcathat voted bladescape, not me. Which is significantly more relevant to the current discussion.

I'm assuming your point about if I flip wolf is a typo and it was supposed to be "if I flip town"?

You didn't talk about partners for either of me/bladescape.

Agreed that we shouldn't talk about theories for town!bladescape until he responds.

Going to try and think over what your analysis says about your alignment for a while.

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I think you missed the second correction, which was that Batcathat voted bladescape, not me. Which is significantly more relevant to the current discussion.

I'm assuming your point about if I flip wolf is a typo and it was supposed to be "if I flip town"?
    OH YEAH! That's a major mistake on my part and basically inverts my thoughts on Batcathat based on if either you/bladescape flip wolf. (If you both flip town, doesn't mean much.)
    I'll try to redo my "vote pattern" post with corrections. Might be a few hours.

And quite possible I had that typo in there. I'll need to reread.

- - - Updated - - -

I did go ahead and write up feels on the players not heavily discussed.
    Omitting Snowblaze, bladescape, myself, and the dead:

Batcathat - got some wolfy vibes, but nothing concrete
    Book Wombat - null
    flat_footed - some wolfy vibes, but very little to go on.
    gac3 - null. Not posted
    Xihirli - ...the playfulness of one post gives a slight wolfy read.
    Xumtiil - null

Some "nulls" could change based on Snowblaze/bladescape's faction
    If I had a good reason not to vote bladescape, I'd probably vote Batcathat. I might've voted Snowblaze instead in that scenario, but the baner claim is strong.

We don't have a vig who tried to kill Snowblaze do we? That'd be helpful to know. But I understand if you (hypothetical vigilante) want to keep your role private.
    @Snowblaze: do you get any feedback about if your protection mattered, e.g, if your bane prevented a death?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

I guess I'll reserve judgement until I see your ISOs, then.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I don't think there's ever a fourth wolf in an eleven player game. If there is we're in LyLo and I really don't want to be in LyLo rn.
    What reason would town have for counterclaiming but then voting (Or trying to in my case) someone other than who they're counterclaiming.

I'll let you think about that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Batcathat feels off for how they're playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Jeen could be wolf too.

- - - Updated - - -

Book/Xi are in the "Too hard won't try" basket for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Gac gets vacation posters plastered on their empty post count.

- - - Updated - - -

Xum/FF are probably fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Snow made a ballsy claim if wolf but probably just going to die eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Thus comes to an end the first edition of "Blade spams reads for towncred."
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I don't receive feedback. Though you're assuming I targeted myself last night, and that I'm capable of self-targeting.

bladescape, the only logical reason for counterclaiming but not voting the person you're counterclaiming is because you don't want that person to die. But if you didn't want me to die, why not just... not counterclaim until day two when we actually had time to discuss things?

My reads in the town!you world line up pretty neatly with yours, with the possible exception of Jeen who's my most "confused null" read. I don't know if that says anything about your alignment.

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #99

I don't receive feedback. Though you're assuming I targeted myself last night, and that I'm capable of self-targeting.

bladescape, the only logical reason for counterclaiming but not voting the person you're counterclaiming is because you don't want that person to die. But if you didn't want me to die, why not just... not counterclaim until day two when we actually had time to discuss things?

My reads in the town!you world line up pretty neatly with yours, with the possible exception of Jeen who's my most "confused null" read. I don't know if that says anything about your alignment.
    Mafia believing me and killing me over you is + result tbh

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Okay, that is a possibility I hadn't considered. But... is there really a world where that happens? I don't think wolves seriously believe I'd fakeclaim for self-preservation as town, so my claim is real regardless of yours which means killing me is better for them than killing you.

Eh. I'll think it over for a while. Though I make no promises that I'll come to any kind of definite conclusion.

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Okay, that is a possibility I hadn't considered. But... is there really a world where that happens? I don't think wolves seriously believe I'd fakeclaim for self-preservation as town, so my claim is real regardless of yours which means killing me is better for them than killing you.

Eh. I'll think it over for a while. Though I make no promises that I'll come to any kind of definite conclusion.
    Since it's more or less explicitly been said now, I'll add that I believe bladescape's statement as a believable one.

Let's assume Snowblaze and bladescape are both town. Snowblaze claimed baner. The wolves have no reason to doubt that, and baners can usually self-bane, so they don't try to kill her. bladescape sorta claimed baner, maybe at least hinted at some power; the wolves are more likely to target bladescape than Snowblaze.
    So, yeah, this reasoning checks out.
    Doesn't prove he's town, as a wolf posing as town could easily make the same reasoning, but it's a legit motivation for a townie. If both are town, town!bladescape's best move (if vanillager) is to draw some fire from the wolves.

If both are Town, I can see the wolves hoping we lynch one of them today, the other the next Day (if game lasts that long), and then the wolves have majority.
    On the other hand, if either/both are wolves, well, the wolves would be acting identically... accepting one is likely to get lynched today and hope the other gains towncred... so doesn't really help.
    So I still don't see anyone more suspicious than bladescape, and I'm leaving my vote on him.

- - - Updated - - -

One additional thought: if Snowblaze were a wolf, I could see her fakeclaiming close to her death to try to draw out a real baner. If you're gonna die, might as well get the most out of it, even if there's scant change a real baner (if existant) is awake and posting. And if there's no baner to contest, you are likely safe if enough are around to switch their votes.
    Not saying I strongly think this, but it's a reason a wolf (already up for the lynch) might fakeclaim.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

I'm going to agree with JeenLeen here. Unless you were so desperate to pull off another D1 clutch that you fake claimed baner, I think it's infinitely more likely that you are either baner or wolf. Bladescape's counterclaim feels very disingenuous, though, and if he does flip baner we know we have ourselves a wolf... Or a bastard game.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

One thing I like about these slower games is that I don't have to go through 100+ posts to ISO someone.

Spoiler: ISO on Xumtiil
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    As much as I'm going to miss reading all about janitor Taffimai, I'm still (only marginally) salty of what his author did to me last game.
    For the record, I'd be game for a Snow wagon D1, the memes can only save her so often.

Vote count so far:
    Elenna (Snowblaze)
    Book Wombat (Batcathat, Book Wombat)
    Snowblaze (flat_footed)
    Bladescape (Elenna)
    Taffimai (Xumtiil)

Haven't voted yet: gac3, JeenLeen; Xihirli, bladescape
    As has already been pointed out, suggesting a Snow wagon but not voting for it is a little odd, especially when there are no other wagons to speak of. The vote count could be a way to seem solvy, but doesn't have to be (especially since there are no Xum town games to compare with).

Fine, we'll make it official. Bladescape versus Snowblaze

PS, I think you need to bold your vote.
    Jumping onto the suggested wagon after it has gotten some traction isn't a great look, but not necessarily wolfy.

Rando-voting Taffimai had been in the back of my mind since the end of last game, so that's what I was laser-focused on. Then I realised I'd also be game for an attempted meme-breaker combo, but it was one on you, mine on Taffimai and I was still holding out hope someone would hop on my Taffimai vote.

Later, considering my Taffimai vote wasn't gaining any traction but your vote was, I swapped.
    Hoping someone would join a Taff vote that's explicitly made for meta reasons rather than Taff being a wolf seems weird coming from town. I also get a kind of over-explainy vibe from this post, but I can't really put my finger on it, so probably nothing.

"Well, no. Just looking for miss Snowblaze. Something in my accounting just didn't match up, and I want to make sure it is what I think it is, because if so, we might be in trouble from the head office. Ah, there she is.

Miss Snowblaze, I've seen some peculiar purchase requisitions from you. Can you tell me why you needed a... Uh, "miniature giant cat carrier"? Wait no, wrong request, just a moment please..."
    RPing is probably NAI. I could see a wolf doing it to blend in, since other people are doing it, but just doing it for fun (whether as a townie or a wolf) is probably a lot more likely.

I hate you for making me save you, Snow. Elenna
    Switching after Snow's claim makes sense for a townie. Picking Elenna without any motivation seems pretty odd, but then so does all the votes for Elenna except Snow's self-preservation one, so possibly not wolfy odd.

That, or whoever has power roles gets the opposite effect of what they do. Seer is fool, baner is vig, voider is booster.

Could a vanillager tonight try to scry someone? Maybe they get all the roles. (I was thinking of asking for something publicly shown but we don't need several sudden vigs running amok)
    This reads like Xum is almost claiming not to be a Vanillager himself, which is... probably NAI, I guess? A wolf might like hinting at a useful power without actually claiming, but a townie might not want to out having a power role.

Well, if you're actually a baner you just bane yourself and you have nothing to fear from the wolves. Saying you're worried about the wolf kill and claiming baner seems... at odds with each other, I think.

Also, I was on mobile and needed to quickly change my vote. I just scrolled up and quoted Taffimai because for the life of me I cannot get colors to work properly on the mobile site. Figured I might as well leave it on Elenna, I hadn't expected her to die.
    Taffimai, care to elaborate why you voted Elenna?

"Huh, so you tell me this requisition is faked? With your name on it, no less? That is indeed mighty peculiar. Since Janitor Taffimai also found this to be a nonsensical purchase request, it must mean someone has been padding the purchases, way before I came to the office. I wish we found Miss Elenna in time, she did all the shipping and handling, she could have told us which parts were actually delivered. No wonder those... living ones found "proof" of her crimes, if they saw shipping manifestos of suspicious items that could be used for sabotage. Head office really isn't going to be pleased with this."
    This could be a point against Xum and blade being wolfbuddies, but it could just as well be distancing, since it's not particularly damning.

Don't think it's over until AvaCatVecna miauws.
    I'm going to agree with JeenLeen here. Unless you were so desperate to pull off another D1 clutch that you fake claimed baner, I think it's infinitely more likely that you are either baner or wolf. Bladescape's counterclaim feels very disingenuous, though, and if he does flip baner we know we have ourselves a wolf... Or a bastard game.
    This is definitely points against them being wolfbuddies. Not sure if it makes Xum look better or worse, since so much depends on blade's alignment.

Also, don't we already know it's a bastard game?

Sadly no smoking guns or whatever the innocence version of smoking guns are. Though while I still don't trust Xum, his vote on blade makes it unlikely that they're wolfbuddies, I think (my logic is mainly that it seems risky for a distancing move, but early to bus. Feel free to poke holes in it), so I'll probably hold off on voting either of them before ISOing blade and figuring out who I trust less.

(I gave Xum a town point for their start posts, albeit I'm making a guess about their towngame since I've only seen their scum so many grains of salt as they say.)
    Did you ever explain this? If not, could you?

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    We do, I was just pointing out that we still don't know what the bastard mechanic is, so we shouldn't just go ahead and assume 100% no two baners (although personally I think it's unlikely, as it's not really bastard by itself, just... "Not done"?)

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

We do, I was just pointing out that we still don't know what the bastard mechanic is, so we shouldn't just go ahead and assume 100% no two baners (although personally I think it's unlikely, as it's not really bastard by itself, just... "Not done"?)
    I don't think two baners would count as bastard.
    But it would be unusual.

I could see it as
    1) 2 baners to offset wolf power vs. mostly vanillager
    2) 2 baners (as far as the baners know) but at least one of them isn't really a baner / has inconsistent powers
    Though since bladescape didn't really claim baner, I think it's more likely there's just 1 baner.

- - - Updated - - -

Too little discussion, so let's change a 3/1 vote to 2/2 and see what happens.
    Batcathat

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

I've read a lot about bladescape's counterclaim, but I can't seem to find the post where said counterclaim occurs. I'd like very much to read it.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

How crazy would it be if I also claimed Baner.

- - - Updated - - -

Also nice flash wagon.
    Here, right in front of night 1

- - - Updated - - -

It really felt like a "I'm serious unless it's not the result I want them I'm joking" kind of post

18. - Top - End - #108

Jeen at least isn't partners with BCH tbh

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Bladescape, I'm gonna ask you to concretely say baner or not baner.

Of course, I normally am not one for claiming. But that's the end of the sentence.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I was hoping to become less confused, but I haven't. I wolfread Jeen's post about bladescape's explanation but I like their BCH vote, I was planning to do that myself if they hadn't got there first.

My gut says bladescape is town. I don't trust my gut.

Batcathat... I thought reading their Xumtiil ISO would be a lot more helpful than it was. Granted I only skimmed it, so I'll be digging into it in detail shortly. They're hedging on basically everything but I don't think that's a valid reason to wolfread them specifically.

Xihirli asking for a definite claim is pretty out of character. I don't know what that means for her. Maybe the thinnest of wolfleans in town!bladescape worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

My comments are in italics.

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    One thing I like about these slower games is that I don't have to go through 100+ posts to ISO someone.
    True but NAI.

Spoiler: ISO on Xumtiil
    Show

As has already been pointed out, suggesting a Snow wagon but not voting for it is a little odd, especially when there are no other wagons to speak of. The vote count could be a way to seem solvy, but doesn't have to be (especially since there are no Xum town games to compare with).

Meh, "odd" instead of "suspicious" is non-committal. Understandable in these circumstances, I guess.

Jumping onto the suggested wagon after it has gotten some traction isn't a great look, but not necessarily wolfy.

Hedge. I kind of dislike this particular example more than others because it's... not even saying that there are arguments both ways, it's just saying "this is X except not necessarily"

Hoping someone would join a Taff vote that's explicitly made for meta reasons rather than Taff being a wolf seems weird coming from town. I also get a kind of over-explainy vibe from this post, but I can't really put my finger on it, so probably nothing.

I'm just going to spend this entire thing pointing out how hedgy it is, and I don't even think that's really wolfy from BCH.

RPing is probably NAI. I could see a wolf doing it to blend in, since other people are doing it, but just doing it for fun (whether as a townie or a wolf) is probably a lot more likely.
    Agreed.

Switching after Snow's claim makes sense for a townie. Picking Elenna without any motivation seems pretty odd, but then so does all the votes for Elenna except Snow's self-preservation one, so possibly not wolfy odd.

Oh, look, more hedging.

This reads like Xum is almost claiming not to be a Vanillager himself, which is... probably NAI, I guess? A wolf might like hinting at a useful power without actually claiming, but a townie might not want to out having a power role.
    Part of me is screaming "don't point this out!" but is pointing it out actually wolfy? Wolves would maybe speculate about this in wolfchat. If a wolfchat exists. So I can't reach a definite conclusion.

This could be a point against Xum and blade being wolfbuddies, but it could just as well be distancing, since it's not particularly damning.

Hedge.

This is definitely points against them being wolfbuddies. Not sure if it makes Xum look better or worse, since so much depends on blade's alignment.
    I mean, "if bladescape is a wolf then Xumtiil is less likely to be" reduces the probability of Xumtiil being a wolf and so makes Xumtiil look better by definition. Though I get how that might just be a me thing and your thought processes could be different.

Yes, but we don't know in what way it's bastard.

Sadly no smoking guns or whatever the innocence version of smoking guns are. Though while I still don't trust Xum, his vote on blade makes it unlikely that they're wolfbuddies, I think (my logic is mainly that it seems risky for a distancing move, but early to bus. Feel free to poke holes in it), so I'll probably hold off on voting either of them before ISOing blade and figuring out who I trust less.
    Okay, unpairing Xumtiil/blade is at least a definite conclusion.
    I do agree with it but for different reasons. Looking forward to your bladescape ISO, I guess.

Did you ever explain this? If not, could you?
    If I squint I can give this a mild townlean.
    Well. I now get to play "is ridiculous degree of hedgyness actually wolfy for BCH?" I think I need to reread some of their ISOs from previous games to compare. Not now, though, this has taken too long already.

Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Batcathat... I thought reading their Xumtiil ISO would be a lot more helpful than it was. Granted I only skimmed it, so I'll be digging into it in detail shortly. They're hedging on basically everything but I don't think that's a valid reason to wolfread them specifically.
    Yeah, I'm a little self-conscious about how wishy-washy my reads are, but it's probably inevitable with my ISO method basically being asking "How could this post point to X being a wolf?" and "How could this post point to X being a townie?" over and over again.

Anyhow, a quite possibly equally hedging ISO on blade should be along at some point later today.

Xihirli asking for a definite claim is pretty out of character. I don't know what that means for her. Maybe the thinnest of wolfleans in town!bladescape worlds.
    It would be pretty funny/annoying if the wolves are like Xi, BW and gac, just watching as the rest of us tear each other apart.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Skimming through past games has actually given me a decent level of confidence on wolf!BCH. I found cult!them's ISOs from Fallout (incidentally just had a minor moment of "what if this is a cult game" paranoia followed by realising there was a nightkill so it almost certainly isn't) which were equally hedgy, and in general... town!them seems to have at least one or two confident reads?

I'm hesitant on this because I've been wrong before recently but I... don't really feel like they care about finding wolves this game, it's just going through the motions. Plus building on bladescape's point earlier I found a trend that town!them tends to be pretty suspicious and/or paranoid of me whereas wolf!them gives me easy towncred. And they're doing the latter here. I need to go back and see how much solving I'd done as of their bladescape vote to work out how justified that townread is.

If it was EOD I'd be voting them now but I think I'm still okay with killing bladescape (sort of, maybe) and the tie is better for information.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: everything I did before BCH townread me
    Show
    I was planning to OMGUS someone, but that doesn't really work when I'm the first here.

Elenna for no particular reason. (I remembered to bold my vote!)
    Finally thought of a decent concept, so...

Sweet lady.

No-one else ever called her that. There were other names for a not-particularly-attractive female nuclear physicist. She smiled at the janitor. "No, I'm afraid I haven't seen her. I'll definitely let you know if I do, though."

She couldn't quite bring herself to break it to him that he was dead. Wasn't that a strange sentence? She set off to find some more of her fellow ghosts.

It was time to play detective, to find the sabatours and clear her name. She might not have any family to care whether she was responsible for the explosion she'd died in, but a man-made hell didn't sound pleasant. Though then again, neither was haunting the remains of the power plant. What were you supposed to do when you were a ghost?
    Why would you say that without actually voting for me? It's not as if we have plenty of other wagons.

Speaking of wagons, bladescape.
    AV actually giving helpful answers? Kill them with fire!

...fine, I'll be serious. I'm not exactly much of a fan of our wagons or activity either, bladescape was the least worst option of the people who already had votes.

And no, I don't have a guess for the bastard mechanic. Based on previous Afterlives it'll probably become apparent after a few flips, so I'm not too worried about it rn.
    She hadn't set out to collect such unusual friends, honestly. It had just... happened. Weird people had a tendency to stick together.

"You know I can't dance to save my life... uh, 'Save my undeath' doesn't really have the same ring to it, does it?" She sighed. The amount of time recently she'd spent having surreal thoughts like that was concerning.

"But assuming you're speaking metaphorically... all right. Let's play." What would a proper detective do? Right. "Where were you at the time of the.. incident?" Always a good question to start off with. She doubted anyone would have a good alibi, but the sooner she could rule some of the ghosts out of her enquiries, the better.

(It's not day one without a Snowblaze wagon. Though you do need to bold your vote.)
    Yes, trying to wagon me is a death wish. Not that I particularly want to kill you, just the usual lack of better ideas. If anyone does have better ideas it would be great to hear them.

Xumtiil, you didn't address my point about why you didn't vote for me earlier.

Ties will be resolved randomly, apparently.
    Yeah, that makes a certain amount of sense. I guess my issue is more that meme vote and wanting it to gain traction don't really fit together imo. But that's the way I think and applying it to you isn't necessarily valid, so...
    Was that meant to be "D1 wagon her successfully"?

Or, in less cryptic terms: do you want to kill me for the memes, or do you actually wolfread me?

(I may or may not produce more RP at some point.)
    No, I wasn't trying to imply a power claim. In fact I'll explicitly claim that I'm not any kind of beast/vengeful role. I was just joking, because based on recent games players who try to wagon me end up dead. (Also I was replying to bladescape's observation, which I didn't quote. Also also the "not that I particularly want to kill you" was a reference to the fact I'm voting bladescape.)

Meme vote = random vote = voting for someone for non-game-related reasons. In my case, because I've never died day one despite coming extremely close several times and totally deserving to die day one at least once.

...I'm starting to care about this game now.
    Which I guess means I should try and dredge some reads up from the dark depths of this thread.

flat's opening gave me a vague gut townlean for reasons I can't really articulate and which I probably won't put much weight on once we have more to go on, assuming I don't get myself killed one way or the other before then.

Taffimai is null, stated she was going to RP in recruitment so would probably do this regardless of her alignment.

I remain vaguely uneasy about Xumtiil, but I don't really want to commit to that for reasons I mentioned earlier and also because if bladescape is town he has a habit of being right about his early reads.

Not that I'm convinced bladescape is town. I can't read bladescape. I have no clue what his alignment is, I'm just voting him because I want a wagon which isn't me to exist.

I can... kind of understand where Jeen's coming from as someone who's missing the context of my post and recent events, and iirc a mechanically-oriented player. So maybe the slightest of townleans? Though I remember precisely nothing about their wolf game, so...

tl;dr I have precisely zero confident reads despite the amount of words about them I can produce.

Eh, there's more there than I thought, but the last post is probably the only one that deserves any towncred according to my highly biased interpretation of my own meta.

It does make sense for a wolf to want bladescape dead over me if we're both town. Eh. On its own it's not conclusive but there's enough non-conclusive things that they're starting to add up.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to stop there before I'm in danger of confbias. Counter-arguments are welcome.

Will be afk for most of the rest of the day, but should be able to check in at some point and will be awake shortly before EOD.

Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #113

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Bladescape, I'm gonna ask you to concretely say baner or not baner.

Of course, I normally am not one for claiming. But that's the end of the sentence.
    Concretely.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Lol.

Can I get people's thoughts on Jeen's progression on bladescape?

(Which looks something like we should kill bladescape for information -> vote bladescape -> here's why bladescape's claim is believable but I want to kill him anyway -> switches to the counterwagon for more information)

What's the wolfy motivation behind that? Is there one?

Right, now I'm actually leaving, please yell at me if I post any time soon.

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #115

Lol.

Can I get people's thoughts on Jeen's progression on bladescape?

(Which looks something like we should kill bladescape for information -> vote bladescape -> here's why bladescape's claim is believable but I want to kill him anyway -> switches to the counterwagon for more information)

Right, now I'm actually leaving, please yell at me if I post any time soon.
    It looks like someone gave Jeen a town role.

- - - Updated - - -

The only world where Jeen is a wolf if we both are town and BCH is also town in which case Jeen is trying to keep me alive to keep town busy with the whole false dichotomy

- - - Updated - - -

I actually don't like how Xum has treated me here either but idk if that's just me.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

The only one I can think of is basically what blade said (though I'm not sure you need to be town for it to make sense). While the wolves would presumably rather kill blade than me (as he's a more experienced player and at least possibly a baner), it would make sense to create a town counterwagon, to limit the risk of someone else creating a wolf one.

27. - Top - End - #117

Forgot to say this but...

This is a world that can easily happen when Blade gets ego and makes plays.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the chances it's Xum and I'm an idiot?

Gonna think about this.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: ISO on bladescape
    Show
    "Bwuh? Was going on?" The blinking man looked up from the magazines he had in front of him, ones that were recently very well acquainted with his face. He blinked sleepy eyes at the surrounding people before wiping the drool from his lips, obviously still not quite with the current reality. The slow blinking as life came back to his eyes almost looked like it was in slow-mo, if it were not for the other people around still moving at normal speed.
    "People already pointin' at me? Come on guys, I ain't the brightest bulb in the shed." The man slurred, hands held up and smile on his face as he looked at the handful of people pointing at him. The smile was almost taunting as he looked around and then spoke again with a wink, "But ya know, I do like playing dangerous games. Tell you all what, there's a trick I have for finding some of them dirty blighters. Tis called voting a good friend of mine."

"So what say you come to the party yourself, Ms 'Numbers be thee mine bane'? See who tangoes fastest when the spirit lines attether."

(Snowblaze)
    NAI (with the same reservation about RPing as with Xum).

"Sleeping, I think." The man chuckles wryly, hand coming up to brush the hair out of his face as he grinned at the bookish scientist. There was a quick appraising glance, then a nod. "What abouts you, doing your science thing?"

"That being said, saving our undeath has a really weird ring to it. But I like it. Here to save undeaths and read magazines."

(Ty)

- - - Updated - - -

(I gave Xum a town point for their start posts, albeit I'm making a guess about their towngame since I've only seen their scum so many grains of salt as they say.)
    I'm still curious about the reasoning here.

This looks like a job for me so, everybody follow me,
    Cause we need a little controversy, and it feels so empty without me.

Trying to Wagon Snow D1 is a deathwish apparently.

Onwards, my beauties, onwards to death or glory.
    Catchy, but I'm not sure what else to think of it.

On one hand it's fun to keep Snow alive.

On the other hand I do want to D1 wagon successfully.

Decisions.

Decisions.
    No part of this seems to be about actually catching wolves, which isn't great.

I'm here for memes and dreams
    Things to remember once I'm gone:

If Snow is a wolf Bat has a mildly partnery look.

Do not hard trust my Xum read it's a guess more than surety.

I don't like Elenna's positioning.

If we're both town then one in Xum/Jeen is possible.

Also maybe Xi.

Taff is a blind spot but I have a stupid reason for thinking she might be town.

BW I can't read d1.

FF seems unlikely.

Gac is ? (Have they even posted?)

- - - Updated - - -

Btw if Snow red then only 1 of BCH and Xi is wolf, not both
    Lots of conclusions, but barely any reasoning behind it. Then again, I think blade's love of being cryptic holds true whether wolf or townie.

Do I have to vote seriously?
    Day is over in 30m.

Shall I live or die?

I think none have the answer to my endless question
    Seems pretty relaxed about likely dying. Instinctively I feel like wolves tend to struggle against the lynch more than townies, but I'm nowhere near certain that's true in general, much less about blade specifically.

How crazy would it be if I also claimed Baner.

- - - Updated - - -

Also nice flash wagon.
    Elenna

Might as well put my foot where my mouth is.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well

That was a little late lmao.
    This feels like the key to blade's alignment, if correctly interpreted. Could be a genuine claim, could be a joke, could be a ploy to avoid the lynch, could be a ploy to save Snow from the wolves. The fact that blade has been just as vague about explaining it doesn't make it easier.

If it was intended to protect Snow from the wolves after outing herself, it seems strange that he wouldn't change his vote right away. I ended up not mattering, but it easily could have.

I'm gonna hold cards for the day phase methinks.
    Or maybe I'm actually counterclaiming but wanted to vaguely do it so I don't die

- - - Updated - - -

This is where the bastard mechanic is that all players think they're PRs but we're actually mostly villagers.
    If that includes the wolves that's scary.
    Is Bat a wolf?

Bat might be a wolf.

- - - Updated - - -

I just read that post and right after being completely wrong on Snow, to be jokingly confident on it feels kinda weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Night... over?
    It is pretty funny that blade of all people is suspecting me over being too confident in townreading Snow.

What reason would town have for counterclaiming but then voting (Or trying to in my case) someone other than who they're counterclaiming.

I'll let you think about that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Batcathat feels off for how they're playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Jeen could be wolf too.

- - - Updated - - -

Book/Xi are in the "Too hard won't try" basket for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Gac gets vacation posters plastered on their empty post count.

- - - Updated - - -

Xum/FF are probably fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Snow made a ballsy claim if wolf but probably just going to die eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Thus comes to an end the first edition of "Blade spams reads for towncred."
    More reads without explanations. But again, that's how blade usually plays regardless of alignment so probably NAI. Probably worth looking over again if blade flips wolf, to figure out his partners.

I could see blade trying to sacrifice himself like that, but doing it right then seems strange, since the wolves would likely assume Snow baned herself N1 anyway.

Concretely.
    Heh.

- - - Updated - - -

The only world where Jeen is a wolf if we both are town and BCH is also town in which case Jeen is trying to keep me alive to keep town busy with the whole false dichotomy

- - - Updated - - -

I actually don't like how Xum has treated me here either but idk if that's just me.
    Forgot to say this but...

This is a world that can easily happen when Blade gets ego and makes plays.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the chances it's Xum and I'm an idiot?

Gonna think about this.
    I can't really follow blade's progress on Xum, from towny and "probably fine" to suspect.

Kind of a mixed bag. Some things wolfy, a few things towny, a lot of things I just don't know how to interpret. Still, between everything about the maybe-claim seeming so weird, blade's flip possibly giving some indications about Xum and possibly Snow (and presumably myself, from other people's perspective) and good old self-preservation, I'm going with bladescape.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Jeen at least isn't partners with BCH tbh
    Something about this makes me lean bladescape and Batcathat as scumbuddies.

Concretely.
    I don't see any good reason for town!bladesscpe, during D2, to confirm/deny if he's a Baner.
    Really don't like this.

What does this sentence mean?
    I'm just literally not understanding what it means. Like, you think AV assigned me a power role, or you think a seer somehow communicated someone's Town status to me?

--- ---

Oddly, I guess all in all I'd guess Xi was town if I had to.
    Best luck for Town, I think, would be if the wolves are bladescape, Batcathat, and, well, someone else. (Assuming 3 wolves).
    If the wolves aren't one of us talking, then I think they've basically won the game. We don't have any reason to lynch Book Wombat, gac3, or Xihirli (the latter having posted, but not really said much), so they can just let us kill each other while they quietly laugh on the sidelines.

If there's a town vig, I recommend they shoot one of the quiet ones. Well, or whoever survives out of Batcathat/bladescape.

EDIT: I meant to say that I don't see any reason for town!bladescape to NOT confirm/deny if they are baner.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2022-05-26 at 09:39 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Skimming through past games has actually given me a decent level of confidence on wolf!BCH. I found cult!them's ISOs from Fallout (incidentally just had a minor moment of "what if this is a cult game" paranoia followed by realising there was a nightkill so it almost certainly isn't) which were equally hedgy, and in general... town!them seems to have at least one or two confident reads?

I'm hesitant on this because I've been wrong before recently but I... don't really feel like they care about finding wolves this game, it's just going through the motions. Plus building on bladescape's point earlier I found a trend that town!them tends to be pretty suspicious and/or paranoid of me whereas wolf!them gives me easy towncred. And they're doing the latter here. I need to go back and see how much solving I'd done as of their bladescape vote to work out how justified that townread is.

If it was EOD I'd be voting them now but I think I'm still okay with killing bladescape (sort of, maybe) and the tie is better for information.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: everything I did before BCH townread me
    Show

Eh, there's more there than I thought, but the last post is probably the only one that deserves any towncred according to my highly biased interpretation of my own meta.

It does make sense for a wolf to want bladescape dead over me if we're both town. Eh. On its own it's not conclusive but there's enough non-conclusive things that they're starting to add up.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to stop there before I'm in danger of confbias. Counter-arguments are welcome.

Will be afk for most of the rest of the day, but should be able to check in at some point and will be awake shortly before EOD.

This is a somewhat flimsy case on Bat… townreading someone for whom there is actually a decent amount of info, and going for a different wagon because of it.

Bladescape meanwhile, is refusing to be helpful and that’s only funny if I do it.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-05-26 at 06:37 PM.
    Show