New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Notifications when a new comic is posted?

The OOTS comic updates intermittently so I was wondering if there was a way to get email notifications when there's a new comic up?
    I don't want to get Twitter or anything, is there another option?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Notifications when a new comic is posted?

In the left sidebar there's a RSS feed link: https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots.rss

Last I checked it was a bit mroe than a year ago, so I don't know if it still works, but I'd guess it does, or else mroe people would've complained here in the board.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yselessia View Post
    The OOTS comic updates intermittently so I was wondering if there was a way to get email notifications when there's a new comic up?
    On a related note, at least in Firefox you can no longer see whether there's a new comic by just going to https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots.html - you have to reload. I.e. if you reloaded the page a week ago when 1258 was the newest comic, and today you click on a bookmark or link, it will still show 1258 as the newest comic. It only displays the actual newest comic (1259) if you hit the Reload button.
    "Just a Sec Mate" avatar courtesy of Gengy. I'm often somewhere between it, and this gif. (^_~)
    Founding (and so far, only) member of the Greyview Appreciation Society
    "Only certainty in life: When icy jaws of death come, you will not have had enough treats. Nod. Get treat."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yselessia View Post
    I'll add as another non-Twitter alternative - if you support the site through Rich Burlew's Patreon you will get advance patron notifications whenever a new comic is uploaded. It's quite affordable
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)