New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Post Cleric Domain: Fey

Hey, I’m back with yet another homebrew Cleric Domain! This one is for clerics of deities with dominion over Fey beings. It functions as a mix of a charmer and summoner, and can be found both here and in the spoiler box below.

Spoiler: Fey Domain
    Show

Domain Spells
    1st Level: Charm Person, Faerie Fire
    3rd Level: Misty Step, Nathair’s Mischief
    5th Level: Fast Friends, Summon Fey
    7th Level: Charm Monster, Conjure Woodland Beings
    9th Level: Mislead, Seeming
    11th Level: Conjure Fey

Bonus Proficiency
    Beginning at 1st level when you choose this domain, you gain proficiency in your choice of the Deception, Nature, or Persuasion skill.

Fey Double-Cross
    Also at 1st level, you can delude and hoodwink those under your spell. As an action, you can end the charmed condition on one creature that is charmed by you, causing it to take psychic damage equal to your proficiency bonus and be stunned for 1d4 rounds. A creature stunned for more than 1 round can make a Wisdom saving throw against your spell save DC at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Channel Divinity: Sidhe Wiles
    Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to charm creatures. As an action, choose a number of creatures up to 1 + your Wisdom modifier (minumum of 1) that you can see within 30 feet of you. Those creatures each must make a Wisdom saving throw against your cleric spell save DC or be charmed by you for 1 minute or until you or your allies attack or damage it. A creature makes another Wisdom saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the charmed condition on itself on a success.

Fey Hierophant
    Starting at 6th level, you can add your Wisdom modifier to any Charisma (Deception) or Charisma (Persuasion) check you make, as well as to any Charisma check where no skills are applicable.
    Additionally, the attacks of any fey summoned or created by spells you cast count as magical for the purpose of overcoming immunity and resistance to nonmagical attacks and damage.

Potent Spellcasting
    Starting at 8th level, you add your Wisdom modifier to the damage you deal with any cleric cantrip.

Fey Lord
    Starting at 17th level, any creature conjured or summoned by a cleric spell you cast has its maximum possible number of hit points for its Hit Dice. If a summoned creature lacks Hit Dice, it instead gains 20 temporary hit points when summoned.
    Additionally, creatures immune to the charmed condition are susceptible to your Sidhe Wiles feature, but roll their saving throws with advantage.

A few design notes:
    Like my earlier Winter Domain, I break with 5e design principles in order to grant this domain a sixth-level spell normally unavailable to because I felt it would be more inappropriate to leave the domain unable to access it.

The semi-awkward wording in Fey Hierophant is because it is a compromise between the one of the Fey Wanderer Ranger’s 3rd-level features (+WIS mod to all CHA checks) and part of the Samurai Fighter’s 7th-level feature (which only applies the WIS mod to Persuasion).

For the summons-boosting features, I struggled to come up with ideas that didn’t step on the Shepherd Druid’s toes.
    Thank you for your time, I hope you like this!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Cleric Domain: Fey

I don’t think breaking design conventions is unreasonable here, Genie warlock does the same thing for the same reason
    Native Sha'ir enthusiast. NO GENIE WARLOCK DOESNT COUNT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky McDibben View Post
    I am unburdened of my salt, and I rise like a bland-ass potato chip from the ashes of my discontent.
    Rate my homebrew: https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=323