New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi

1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr2 View Post

By the way, now that i think about it. Owen did owned C3P0 back before Attack of the Clones.

Sure didnt cared when he met him years later XD
    No, that one makes sense. 3-PO had changed coloring and forgotten all about ever being on Tatooine before.

Man, the lore of Star Wars is so stupid. Probably why i loved Legends so much, it didnt cared about the details XD
    Err, it did care about the details.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    No, that one makes sense. 3-PO had changed coloring and forgotten all about ever being on Tatooine before.

Err, it did care about the details.
    I guess it depends if C3P0 is a standard droid name/designation, or a unique model made by Anakin?

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr2 View Post
    I guess it depends if C3P0 is a standard droid name/designation, or a unique model made by Anakin?
    You see other protocol droids that look like silver versions of C3PO but I can't remember if you ever hear their designation codes.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Could be a bit of species-ism on Owen's part. I'm sure you've all had that one drunk uncle at holidays who loudly insists "all [insert ethnic group] are alike". To Owen, droids are tools. He buys them, uses them, and discards them when they're no longer valuable. Quite aside from humanoid protocol droids being common as dirt in the galaxy, Owen probably never spent any time or energy trying to spot the differences between individual droids. Also, if he's the kind of person who regularly mem-wipes his droids back to factory default, as he instructed Luke to do, then there wouldn't be any differences to spot in any event.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl

5. - Top - End - #365
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgar View Post
    You see other protocol droids that look like silver versions of C3PO but I can't remember if you ever hear their designation codes.
    I'm kind of saddened at the fact that I know the silver protocol droid at the beginning of Phantom Menace is TC-14 (stated on screen).

Headcanon: Anakin had to register C-3P0 when building him and the C stands for custom.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Yes, they do. Every day.

I have no idea who that guy is in the link, but he seems to be speaking specifically about crop pests. The reality outside of intensively managed agriculture is that countless species of insects attack healthy plants for a living, and they’ve been doing so ever since the Middle Devonian if not earlier.

As just one example, every redbud seedling in my yard has large scallops cut out of nearly every leaf. Those were perfectly healthy, thriving leaves until a leafcutter bee came along and snipped out large sections for her larvae. I’ve watched it many times, and it only takes the bee a few seconds. The bees don't go after sick or yellowing leaves; they go after fresh, young, thriving leaves—the epitome of health.

As another easy example, Pseudomyrmex ants scouring the earth around bullhorn acacias. I’ve seen a stand of bullhorn acacias in bare earth without a fleck of green for dozens of feet around, as if someone took a flamethrower to the forest floor. That’s the result of Pseudomyrmex aggressively removing vegetation for the benefit of the acacias—again, insects attacking healthy plants.

I could go on, but the premise that insects only attack unhealthy vegetation is patently false, and takes very little field observation to disprove.
    I stand corrected. Let me revise; sick, diseased organisms (plant or animal) have a lot more trouble resisting infection et al than healthy ones do. The Republic pre-PT was not 'rotten', and therefore a hard target for the Sith. The PT-era Republic, and its Jedi order, were dysfunctional, which made the Sith power grab probable enough for Sidious to have a go.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pendell View Post
    Could be a bit of species-ism on Owen's part. I'm sure you've all had that one drunk uncle at holidays who loudly insists "all [insert ethnic group] are alike". To Owen, droids are tools. He buys them, uses them, and discards them when they're no longer valuable. Quite aside from humanoid protocol droids being common as dirt in the galaxy, Owen probably never spent any time or energy trying to spot the differences between individual droids. Also, if he's the kind of person who regularly mem-wipes his droids back to factory default, as he instructed Luke to do, then there wouldn't be any differences to spot in any event.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    I prefer this account of history

Irregular Webcomic

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Actually, Revan is canon again. He got namedropped in a novel.
    Oh man, name dropping lore. What a creative way to do worldbuilding.

Thats why i dont pay attention to these books and other secondary canon stuff. You know they will just outright disregard whatever is established in them the moment it becomes inconvenient for their movies or series.

Because star wars lore is flippin' pointless outside of story.