New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Tiny Servant: Cool Ideas?

I'm making a clockwork soul sorcerer for a heist one-shot. Level 5, Extended Spell metamagic.

I want to cast this and other 8 hour duration spells (Aid, Gift of Alacrity) using Extended Spell to make them last 16 hours, then long rest, so I wake up with full spell slots and sorcery points while having 8 hours use of these spells.

I've got two tiny servants. What cool stuff can I do with them, especially for a heist?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Tiny Servant: Cool Ideas?

If you get access to Magic Stone, you can have your Tiny Servants throw them, so you use a bonus action and they get a ranged attack out of it that uses your spellcasting modifier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

They can use the aid action to help you out with all kinds of skills

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

There is a thread buried deep here on this topic, but I love this spell. Here are a few fun uses:

Triangle formation of bells to act as a warning device with their blind sense.

Cups / flasks filled with various potions for auto pouring or emergency medical care.

Grappling Hook holding a rope to use their climb ability to safely anchor themselves. Working together can make an impressive belaying system.

Hammer and box of nails for securing doors and windows.

Oil and torches.

Chain and locks in any combination.

The fact that they can be items, holding other items and follow simple instructions opens up many, many options for you.