Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Madness at Brightmore Abbey IC

Emilia Shadowburn
    Forsaken Discipline Priest
    AC: 13 HP: 20/32
    Lightwell: 6/6 Channels: 2/2 Spells: 1st: 4/4 2nd: 3/3 3rd 3/3
    Conditions: -
    Concentration: -

Come to think of it, who made YOU the arbiters of who can and cannot drink from the Font of Tyr? Emilia asks, this time a bit more aggressively. It is his order who founded this whole thing. It is named after the first paladin. And you are to deny him? On what grounds? Suddenly Emilia had found her human pride again despite travelling with several Horde members.

She holds a bony claw out to cut through any interruptions. No, no, I really want to hear your reasoning. You can hear a deep (and entirely unnecessary) breath before she continues. I do not want to jeopardize this alliance between us, but why? For one, it would be an honor for an old paladin to gain its insights, for another it would really aid his powers in the upcoming struggle.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Jade looks confused at Emilia.
    "You have an interesting way of asking people for help, you know that?"
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

"There was some movement a few days ago at that watchtower to the south - the one by the hole in the wall." She points back the way you came, towards the tower that was magically abjured against entry you had inspected on your first entry into the Abbey's grounds. "Our patrol didn't get close enough to see any details but that might have been the party you mentioned? They vanished though, and we didn't see where they went. They might be in the tower? But we couldn't find a way in when we tried. No sign of the others you mentioned though, sorry."

An uneasy stirring flutters through the camp at Emilia's accusatory questions. While before the elves on guard were content to leave you to your conversation in peace, they've now turned their gazes central, weapons not yet bared, but bodies tensed. "I...I..." Analastra stutters for a moment, taking a half-step back before taking a deep breath and steadying herself. "Berrian was clear that it wasn't to be shared with outsiders. We're the ones who secured it when everyone else had left it to ruin. Again, nothing personal, but we don't now if this guy's a 'paladin', or just some wandering knight who tricked you all into listening to him. I'm sorry," She sounds sincere in her apology, if somewhat flustered. "but Berrian's say is final. I'm not gonna go over his head on this; I'm in enough trouble as it is. You can take it up with him when he's back if you really want to."
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you for holding onto the letter for us. We’ll be back to talk to Berrian after our business in the Temple is complete."
    Unless told to do otherwise, Jade starts heading that-a-way. And once they’re safely out of earshot, she takes up an odd role reversal: she starts scolding Emilia.
    "Is your problem with Analastra in particular, or elves in general? It’s not just this, you were mocking her way back with the tree! Like my mother always said to me whenever I insulted someone: ‘Gialtea, you make me ashamed to have the same blood as you! If you don’t have anything nice to say, get out of my life!’ She was a real jokester. But Emilia, seriously. What’s your problem with Analastra?"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Once separated from the Elves, Skipsy hops into the discussion, speaking in a hushed tone just to be safe, "I don't think Emilia's wrong to be suspicious of them and their motives. Even Analastra. It's weird that they're this far south, this far from home, within Alliance borders." Skipsy steeples her fingers in front of her face as she thinks out loud, "If we take the dryads at their word, they're probably after the cards. They could also be after whatever demon was imprisoned here, and that's got...worrying potential. So, if they're here to kill it? That's good. If there's anything we learned from the War of the Shifting Sands, the Ulduar campaign, Pandaria, it's that imprisoning powerful beings is, at best, a temporary solution! But Blood Elves have some worrying history with enslaving magical entities. There's extra potential that the demon some of us saw in our visions? That could just be another representation of a card."

Skipsy scratches her head, "Artifacts like these are weird. Like reality warps around them! Literally and figuratively!" She sighs, gesturing vaguely towards the twisted watchtower to the south, "Anyway! All that said! They trust us, for now. I don't think we should antagonize them while they're still willing to help us."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Emilia Shadowburn
    Lightwell: 6/6 Channels: 2/2 Spells: 1st: 4/4 2nd: 3/3 3rd 3/3

Emilia went silent. No, no, you have valid points here. I guess I got defensive over a sense of belonging. We truly do not know this man's intentions. I believe them pure, but you have but an undead's intuition for it. And many of us went mad. she finally accepts. We will take our journey towards the chapel yet again protecting him. Do not interfere; and we mean no harm.

Private tête-à-tête:
    I guess some things are easier left unsaid, but I want an honest dialogue between our three factions here. We do not know the blood elves' goals, and neither Oakley's. What does he have to gain from sanctifying a chapel in the middle of nowhere? Truly, why does humanity not abandon this dark place at all? The reason like always is power. Maybe even power in service for good, but it is power.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Jade shrugs. "They don't really know why we're here, either. Well, actually I think we've mentioned the card near Oakley enough for him to guess, and I don't think we've actually checked to see if elves were hiding nearby any of the times we've talked about the Deck, so maybe they do. Still, it's a fair point. It could just be they're scared of the Abbey the same reason Althea is, cuz the gnolls are getting stronger and might move to attack whenever."
    She points her flail (well, the handle anyway) toward the church.
    "Up this way! Let's cleanse a church!"
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Tempered by age and experience, and perhaps aware of how he might sound, Oakley doesn't seem offended or concerned at the questions - either outright stated or with furtive glances - as to his motivation. Perhaps such is the power of faith. At Jade's urging, you continue up the hill, leaving the elves behind.

Whether they moved on or are simply keeping a watch from a distance, you don't meet the dryads again on your ascent. Flighty as they are, they don't seem the type to stay in just one place.

It's still another few hours before you reach the apex, and Oakley is thrilled when you hit an actual path (overgrown though it might be) and he can take mount on Saviour once more. The flat hilltop doesn't appear to have gone through any changes since you were last here, and if the rival party - or indeed any others - did pass through they've not left a mark that you can see in the dark.

The doors to the chapel are still loosely open, as before.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Opportunity for prebuffs/summons/etc. before you move to the fight.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Emilia Shadowburn
    AC: 13 HP: 32/32
    Lightwell: 2/6 Channels: 2/2 Spells: 1st: 3/4 2nd: 3/3 3rd 3/3

Emilia incants a small prayer and gives Joklek, Skipsy and Jade a glowing dove feather each. Use this for a quick retreat or change of position. Another two prayers follow to put a shield around Jade and Jok'lek.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Angelic Feather: use the feather as a bonus action to disengage, dash or dodge.
    Power Word Shield for 11 tHP for Jade and Jok'lek.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Skipsy holds up her army knife, inspecting the extended tools. She nods, satisfied, and jabs Jok'lek and Emilia in the thigh, Jade in the shoulder with a small Bzzt! There's noticeable sensations of muscles tightening up and a persistent electrical buzz, not unpleasant but strange. Skipsy spends a moment reading over a small display on her multitool, smiles, and slips it back on to her belt, "Good to go!"

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah!" Jade yelps. She lifts her flail. "You stabbed me again! Are we fighting, or... oh, I understand! Alright! Full force!" Jade charges in.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Your footsteps echo on the dusty floor as you make your way back into the chapel. Saviour's horse shoes add a sharp metallic clop to your otherwise familiar pacing feet, with Oakley mounted atop his steed, warhammer drawn and at the ready. Darkness fills the chapel, but it it soon dispelled as you seem to cross an invisible threshold.

Radiant, gleaming energy once again coalesces together into the form of two shining angels clad in metal and wielding the same massive weapons as before. Once more you are treated to the same "JUSTICE" and "VENGEANCE" as the pair move to attack. The only major difference is that you now have Oakley, whose grip tightens on his hammer as he quietly mutters a prayer to the Light under his breath and urges Saviour forward. Whether he can sense the corruption or merely takes your word for it, there is no doubt in his eyes that he will aid you in bringing these twisted guardians low.

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Oakley provides an aura of protection (+4 to saves while within 10ft of his token).

Initiative Order:

Despite having the only positive bonus and bless, Jok'lek came last :( Still, it's a promising start.

Jade, Skipsy, Emilia, and Oakley are up.

Jade (22)
    Skipsy (17)
    Emilia (17)
    Oakley (16)

GoAK (12)

Jok'lek (10)

GoAQ (5)

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

furious Re: Madness at Brightmore Abbey IC

"Ox, go left!" Ox bolts forward, flapping his wings and clucking as angrily as any robot can, "Everyone else, focus right!" Skipsy fires two shots at the king, while Ox pecks the queen's shins.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Stats
    HP
    AC
    Skipsy
    42 / 42 19
    Ox
    36 / 36 15

Actions:
    Action: Skipsy takes two shots at the Guardian of Ancient Kings
    Attack - (1d20+7)[16] for Piercing - (1d10+4)[9]
    Attack - (1d20+7)[20] for Piercing - (1d10+4)[14]
    Movement: Ox charges up to face off against the Queen. Skipsy moves northwest as far as she can.
    Bonus Action: Skipsy directs Ox to peck the Guardian of Ancient Queens.
    Attack - (1d20+7)[20] for Force - (1d8+3)[10]

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Jade's pretty sure that Ox can't hold the Queen for long, but it sure seems like Skipsy has a plan.
    "Alright! Gangpile on King Vengeance!" the goblin rushes up to the upper-right of the angel, her flail moving wildly to burst through the King's defenses. Letting Skipsy's steroids guide her aim, she focuses on putting as much force as possible into the blows.

Spoiler: ATTACK!
    Show

Bonus Action! FRENZIED Rage!
    Flail RAGE! RECKLESS! POWER ATTACK! BLESS!
    (1d20+4)[18]/(1d20+4)[20] + 2 rolled OOC; (1d8+15)[18]
    (1d20+4)[21]/(1d20+4)[18] + 1 rolled OOC; (1d8+15)[18]
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-12-17 at 11:39 AM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Emilia Shadowburn
    AC: 13 HP: 32/32
    Lightwell: 2/6 Channels: 2/2 Spells: 1st: 3/4 2nd: 3/3 3rd 2/3

Despite renouncing the darkness, Emilia throws a cloy orb of shadowy energy behind the frontline.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow Crash (6d6)[20] necrotic damage Con 17 to take half.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

The party rushes forwards, with all but Jok'lek taking the initiative against the once-again risen Light-spirits. Together, Skipsy and Jade work to flank the Guardian of Ancient Kings, simultaneous peppering it with bullets while striking at its sides and legs, while at the same time Ox and Oakley team together to strike at the Queen. Oakley invokes the Light to wreathe his hammer in magic as he does so, striking true with the first blow, though the Queen deflects the second with her spear. This combined rush of an assault forces the pair back, making them an easy target for Emilia's shadowy magic to tear at them, with neither showing any resistance to it.

Pressed as they are, the King's chains unravel once more, snaking through the ground as if through air or water, before rising up to entangle all of its foes. Most of you shatter the bonds before they can pull you to the floor, but Skipsy and Emilia find them too strong and are pulled to the ground as the radiant flames lick at their bodies in the worst ways.

Show

Skipsy, Ox and Jade hit with all their attacks.
    Both angels fail their saves vs. Shadow Crash.
    Oakley moves forwards, casts Magic Weapon on his hammer, and then hits for 10 damage. Misses with the second hit.

GoAK uses their Fallen Glory (aka Fiery Chains) ability to hit everyone. Emilia and Skipsy fail their saves, taking 31 radiant damage and falling prone. Everyone else made their saves (including Saviour, thanks to paladin aura) so they stay standing and take 15 radiant damage instead. I didn't remember Bless, but it wouldn't have changed things. I haven't rolled Concentration for any active spells.

Jok'lek is now up.

Initiative Order:

Jade (22)
    Skipsy (17)
    Emilia (17)
    Oakley (16)

GoAK (12)

Jok'lek (10)

GoAQ (5)

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

17. - Top - End - #347
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGirl

With the rest of the group attacking full force, Jok'lek assesses the situation while pulling out his maul. Recalling the King's ability to potentially disable them all at once, his first step is around the statue to get a straight dash in, when he hears its chains dig into and soon erupt from the ground around them. They wrap around his body, searing heat coursing through them and marking his skin, but with an angered flex he breaks the chains before they can drag him to the floor. With Jade to his right, he has a straight shot at the King, and takes it. He stomps the ground to signal the buildup of his anger, and makes a mad dash for the King, maul dragging along and cracking the chapel floor leading up to the King before swinging the weapon in a massive, shrapnel-laden upward arc.

Show
    Warrior Rage, then Charge (2 RP) with Maul attack on GoAK
    Critical hit for 12 bludgeoning damage

Jok'lek
    HP: 51/55
    AC: 16
    Condition: -
    Warrior Rage: Active (3/4)
    Rage Points: 1 (max 6)
    Other Resources: Second Wind (1/1), Rampage (3/3), Action Surge (1/1)

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Crossing the room with a potent charge, Jok'lek's maul strikes a crippling blow against the King spirit as they're still recovering from deploying their chains. The Queen, boxed in by both Oakley and Ox, lashes out with her weapons to try to remove the bothersome gnats from her path. Ox takes a heavy blow from her strike, but despite his age the Paladin manages to deflect her strike and shrug off the effects of her banishing spear, his faith proving more potent than her dismissive magics.

Show

GoAQ hits Ox for 13 slashing and 6 radiant.
    They then miss Oakley, and Oakley makes their cha-save vs. banishment - he'd only fail on a 1, but the Queen doesn't know that.

Jade, Skipsy, and Emilia are now up.

Also I remembered to add the card, which I definitely didn't forget despite having the token on the battlemap off to one side >_>

Initiative Order:

Jade (22)
    Skipsy (17)
    Emilia (17)
    Oakley (16)

GoAK (12)

Jok'lek (10)

GoAQ (5)

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

"YAAAAAAARGH!" Jade shouts, and feeling Skipsy's steroids wearing off, decides to strike slightly more carefully.
    But NOT more cautiously as her flail sails for the angel trying to break its legs.
    "I've eaten bigger angels than you!"

Spoiler: ATTACK!
    Show

Flail RAGE! RECKLESS!
    (1d20+7)[16]/(1d20+7)[14]; (1d8+9)[11]
    (1d20+7)[13]/(1d20+7)[10]; (1d8+9)[11]
    (1d20+7)[11]/(1d20+7)[24]; (1d8+9)[13]
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Skipsy crumples under the pull of the chains, falling to her knees immediately as the cogs and mechanisms in her armor groan under the strain. One chain manages to catch her army knife, sending out a shower of electrical sparks as the magic is disrupted, "Eugh, bits! Not again!" She staggers to her feet and knocks the misaligned gizmos back into place as best she can.

Ox doesn't fare much better. He manages to scrape through the chains, a screech of metal on metal accompanying his bare success, though he's much less lucky with the queen. His head spins in circles with the force of her blow and while it looks like he might collapse into a heap, he manages to hang on and re-orient himself.

Skipsy fires another two rounds off at the king, hoping to take him down quickly, moves up behind Oakley, and shouts more orders to Ox, "Ox, repair!"

Show
    Stats
    HP
    AC
    Skipsy
    11 / 42 19
    Ox
    13 / 36 15

Actions:
    Action: Skipsy takes two more attacks on the King:
    Attack - (1d20+7)[18] for Piercing - (1d10+4)[14]
    Attack - (1d20+7)[19] for Piercing - (1d10+4)[11]
    Bonus Action: Skipsy directs Ox to repair himself
    Self-Repair - (2d8+3)[11]
    Movement: Skipsy uses half her movement to stand from prone, then uses what's left to move to the square 10' south of Oakley, so just within his aura.
    Last edited by Khosan; 2022-12-21 at 03:47 PM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Emilia Shadowburn
    Lightwell: 2/6 Channels: 1/2 Spells: 1st: 3/4 2nd: 2/3 3rd 2/3
    Conditions: Standing up from prone, Spiritual Weapon: 1/10

White clearing light fills the priestess as she rises from pure agony. Her face is frozen in a silent scream of pain and more pain, but she lives, infused with the wrath and mercy of the Holy Light. She had to atone for her previous contempt and crimes, and she took the punishment almost stoically. She sends a glowing orb at the king roughly in the shape of the crest of Lordaeron, but enveloped in blinding light. It pulses with an almost arcane force.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Standing up from prone
    Action: Channel Divinity: Penance on self for (1d10+12)[19] healing
    Bonus: Spiritual Weapon west of King. (1d20+9)[19] for (1d8+5)[9] force damage.

Last edited by Spore; 2022-12-28 at 05:37 AM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

The three-pronged assault from your party tears rents in the magic that maintains the Kingly spirit, pulling chunks from its limbs, and piercing holes in its body. Though clearly severely damaged the magic animating it maintains its presence and it lashes out in retalation against the reckless Jade, cutting deep with its radiant blade into the small goblin.

Your paladin companion continues his time occupying the Queen, slamming his warhammer down upon it in rapid succession with two massive blows that send her practically reeling, though she still maintains her form.

Show

Jade misses with one attack, everyone else hits.

GoAK hits Jade twice - once for 11 slashing and 13 radiant, then again for 16 slashing and 16 radiant. No resistances included.
    Oakley hits and then crits the Queen for a total of 32. Earning his place.

Jok'lek's up

Initiative Order:

Jade (22)
    Skipsy (17)
    Emilia (17)
    Oakley (16)

GoAK (12)

Jok'lek (10)

GoAQ (5)

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

23. - Top - End - #353
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGirl

Despite all their great blows, the Kingly guardian still stands, and repels Jade, Jok'lek, and Emilia's Spirit Weapon with its magically animated brawn before bringing its weapon onto Jade, its radiant blade cutting into her and the Light suffusing it shocking her just as badly. While she remained standing, tough as ever, the rage Jok'lek already thought he'd been letting out full force exploded in a wild yell, a high-pitched shriek fit for a monster of the jungle night over a sane person - perhaps channeling the fury of Hir'eek himself, known guardian Loa. He stows his maul and pulls out two handaxes, then proceeds to slash at the guardian in front of him like a troll possessed, dancing around its legs with each blow regardless whether it lands properly and ending the barrage with a crossing chop aimed at the neck.

Show
    Dropping and/or Swapping weapons, all out barrage of handaxe attacks on GoAK, including spending Font bonus for +1 action.
    Rolled in OOC. Assuming AC 16 as mentioned in OOC, hit GoAK 3 times for 22 slashing (9,7,6). If killed before the final attack, the remaining strike(s) are for GoAQ, but first version will assume the King may remain standing.

Jok'lek
    HP: 51/55
    AC: 17
    Condition: -
    Warrior Rage: Active (3/4)
    Rage Points: 4 (max 6)
    Other Resources: Second Wind (1/1), Rampage (3/3), Action Surge (1/1)
    Last edited by Kushina43; 2022-12-29 at 04:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

The troll warrior's wicked sharp axe cuts through the remaining threads of magic that keeps the Kingly spirit animated. Its form clatters to the ground, dissolving slightly as its armour fades, leaving only the Queen remaining. Two more strikes against her, but she still remains, regardless of her fallen Kingly companion. She strikes out with her blade at Ox and Jok'lek, the radiant edge cutting through flesh and metal, though she's showing clear signs of damage and is decidedly surrounded at this point.

Show

Jok'lek finishes off the King and then hits the Queen twice.

GoAQ hits Jok'lek once for 10 slashing and 5 radiant, then Ox once for 12 slashing and 8 radiant.

Jade, Skipsy, and Emilia are up.

Chances are you'll take her out this next turn, unless you roll real poorly. Which is certainly possible.

Initiative Order:

Jade (22)
    Skipsy (17)
    Emilia (17)
    Oakley (16)

GoAK (12)

Jok'lek (10)

GoAQ (5)

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Jade jumps over the fading shape of the King, bringing her weapons to bear against Queen Justice.

"Hey Queenie! Remember when we killed you, and your boyfriend brought you back? I don’t think that’ll happen this time!"
    And she swings her flail as hard as she can.

Spoiler: DEATH!
    Show

Flail RAGE! RECKLESS! POWER ATTACK! BLESS!
    (1d20+4)[21]/(1d20+4)[10] + (1d4)[3]; (1d8+15)[16]
    (1d20+4)[20]/(1d20+4)[17] + (1d4)[1]; (1d8+15)[19]
    (1d20+4)[10]/(1d20+4)[22] + (1d4)[4]; (1d8+15)[17]

EDIT: whoops, disregard bless.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-12-29 at 07:52 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Ox squares up to the Queen's attack, confident in his repairs, and takes it square to the chest. Unfortunately, confidence can't deal with the force of a corrupted divine weapon. He staggers around for a few seconds, electrical sparks flying out of every joint, before he coughs up a plume of blue smoke and suddenly collapses into a heap.

Skipsy sniffles, holding back a tear, "Mission accomplished, soldier!" She fires off another salvo at the Queen.

Show
    Stats
    HP
    AC
    Skipsy
    11 / 42 19
    Ox
    0 / 36 15

Actions:
    Action: Skipsy shoots at the Queen twice
    Attack - (1d20+7)[15] for Piercing - (1d10+4)[11]
    Attack - (1d20+7)[22] for Piercing - (1d10+4)[10]

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Emilia Shadowburn
    Lightwell: 2/6 Channels: 1/2 Spells: 1st: 3/4 2nd: 2/3 3rd 2/3
    Conditions:Spiritual Weapon: 2/10

Seeing her friends - the word still felt weird - tear through the holy spectre and ganging up on the queenly spirit lifted Emilia's spirits. They all equally suffered for this, but a clear mind now made her decide the spirit had to fall rather than her allies needing another boost. As such she kneels down in a slight prayer position, and far the abbey bell tolls for the death of the crazed defender.

Spoiler
    Show

Action: Toll the Dead (1d20)[9] wis save vs (2d12)[19] necrotic damage.
    Bonus: Spiritual Weapon moves to Queen. (1d20+9)[12] for (1d8+5)[11] force damage.
    I forgot to assign Atonement healing to Jade last turn. She heals for 4 health.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

Jade and Skipsy tear more chunks from the Queen, and when Emilia wraps it in shadowy magic it proves too much for the corrupted spirit who collapses to their knees. They reach out a hand in desperation as their form dissipates into tendrils of rapidly vanishing magic. Their armour and weapon clatter to the ground, but those too vanish in short order, leaving the chapel quiet save for your own breathing and movement. Oakley, warhammer still in hand, dismounts from Saviour and presses a hand to where the Queen fell, muttering a quiet prayer to the Light as he does so.

"There is still a sense of darkness around this place. I would hold here a moment while we catch our breath, then we should see if we can find the Vessels." He pauses, still pensive as his eyes linger over where the spirits used to be. "A part of me had hoped that defeating these would be enough to dispel the foul magics, but that does not seem to be the case."

Show

Battle concluded, and with that you've attained a level up! So short break for...well, short resting and leveling up before item hunting, I assume?
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

"Can't we... what's the word... concentrate... CONSECRATE! Can't we consecrate the place?" Jade asks, scowling as the weapons fade away.
    "I'd have liked to have swung their swords, whether or not I can actually keep them."
    Jade paces a bit over the rest, and settles for posing in front of Skipsy with all her weapons.
    "What makes me look more like a hero? Swinging the ax?" Jade strikes a few poses with her battleaxe.
    "Flailing the flail?" Jade spins the flail over her head, having become quite fond of it over the angel battle.
    "Cutting... the air.... with the sword?" she repeats a few poses with her longsword.
    "Or picking with the war pick? Ah, it's not that one this one definitely looks the least cool." Jade half-heartedly poses with the war pick last.

"Emilia, what do you know about making places no longer evil?"
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Skipsy breathes a sigh of relief, letting her shoulders droop, "Still close, still close. Hoooo..." She swaps her pistol for her army knife and strolls over to Ox's remains, picking up a few of his scattered components along the way. She kneels down and gently hugs his cold body, patting his mangled head, "You did good, buddy. Now let's get you back in fighting shape!"

The repair process certainly looks haphazardous. Most minor repairs - bent wings, scratches, dents, and dings - are handled with her omni-tool, hammered back into place or reinforced with tape, sometimes both. The harder repairs, namely Ox's entire head and the massive hole in his torso, take a little bit extra. Skipsy lowers her goggles, "Bright light warning! Don't look if you value your eyes!" True to her words, the light is blindingly white and accompanied by the hiss of melting metal. When the light fades, Ox stands, worse for wear, but very much whole. His eyes light up and, with a squawk, he begins strutting around once more.

Skipsy packs up her tools and goes to sit against a wall and catch her breath, "Definitely go with the axe, Jade. It's a much better look!" She rubs her arms, mumbling, "Man, those chains smart."