New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Madness at Brightmore Abbey IC

The look on Berrian's face says he quite clearly does not view you as 'friends' just yet, but he also seems to want to avoid the headache of correcting Jade. Discretion being the better part of valour, he moves on. "About so-tall," he gestures - about five feet, maybe slightly more. "long blonde hair, turquoise eyes, wearing the same gear as us." That being leathers and dark traveling clothes marked with elven flair. "We always travel in groups of two at minimum...except Analastra." He concedes with a sigh. "So she'll be the only lone-elf you find. So far as I know we're the only elves in the Abbey right now."
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Skipsy gasps dramatically at the scenes on the walls of the shrine, barely taking notice of the elves already there. Face full of wonder, she practically squeals with delight at each of the mosaics, "Ooooh! Depictions of Tyr, the Titanic Keeper! Fighting Galakrond, the betrayal of Loken, and his death at the tentacles of the Old Gods! You know, there's a theory that the protodrakes he fought with here were actually the original Dragon Aspects!"

Oh! I should copy these down. The League will be thrilled to have some ! Skipsy reaches into her bag and pulls out a fistful of parchment, quills and a bottle of ink. She backs up towards the central fountain, only to bump into one of the aforementioned elves, "Whoop! Sorr-Whoa! How long have they been here? Elves sure can be sneaky sometimes. I'm Skipsy, Skipsy Turncrank, archaeologist in good standing with the Explorer's League!" She salutes, slapping herself in the face with her parchment by accident, "Well - phth - I can assure you we're not here to rob graves. I mean, aside from archaeology technically being a field of research that frequently revolves around stealing from the dead. But I'm not on a mission from the League! I am keeping an eye out for dangerous artifacts though, those I am obligated to try and recover."
    Last edited by Khosan; 2022-07-07 at 09:57 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

"That’s a good point. Your sister doesn’t know who we are. How can we convince her to not hide from us, or let her know we’re with you after we find her? She might refuse to come with us!"
    Though the thought was really unthinkable.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

"My name should be sufficient," Berrian ruminates, "But if she still seems suspicious, tell her Hope is a Phoenix. That should be sufficient." From his expression, he doesn't seem to want to explain that saying any further.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

"Got it!" Jade said. "We should follow the elf-xample..." she chuckled for a second, "and split into two teams of two to cover more ground. One frontliner and one whatever-you-two-do per team." She pointed to herself and Skipsy. "We'll be 'Team Fun-Size.'" And she pointed to Emilia and Jok'lek. "And you can be 'Team Not-as-Cool-as-Team-Fun-Size.' Me and Skipsy will check the belltower and then those buildings in the middle, Jok'lek and Emilia, you check the cottage then the big gate near it. Then we can meet up at that faraway tower," Jade gave as a suggested search pattern.
    "Sound good, everyone?"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Emilia Shadowburn
    Forsaken Shadow Priest
    AC: 13 HP: 37/37
    PP: 18 PIv: 9 PIs: 18
    Conditions: Aid (5tHP, 8 hours), Surrender to Madness (DC 10 Wis save or take 18 damage)
    Concentration: -

Spreading up in a foreign area seems like a bad idea, when an experienced elven tracker got lost on her own. Emilia states the obvious. I appreciate your plan to speed up this errand, but we just walked beside a warped magic tower and are not familiar with the area. The best we can do is to sacrifice a bit mana to send out a scout into an uncertain situation. She locks eyes with Jade.Preferrably one that can talk to your mind.

I am terribly sorry to hound you with more questions but what are Analastra's particular skills? I wouldn't want to try and find her and step into a trap set up by your friend.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGirl

Jok'lek studied the mosaic with interest - most of the history he knew immediately was wrapped up in troll wars, but he recognized the tale as that of the Titan Keeper Tyr, mostly by all the dragons. Life that was native to Azeroth was something he was once keen to learn about prior to becoming a warrior, more than once running into ancient dragon lore theories making connections he didn't have context for, and this matched one of the stories near perfectly. Makes sense for a human settlement to have.. he thinks to himself as they approach the broken walls, with camps made by elves.

With history on the brain, he immediately thought back to the Troll Wars, but shook his head briefly - the gripes of Amani weren't relevant to him or the situation, these were potential allies. Taking in the conversation, he finally speaks up. "That sounds agreeable to me, Velfarren - we're looking for information on the gnolls especially, and I for one would be happy to help locate Analastra - I too have a sibling who roams too much for their own good. Which way was she last known to be, or be headed towards?" He then realizes he forgot to introduce himself and takes a small bow. "Whoop, sorry, my name be Jok'lek, of the Darkspear tribe."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Edited for name introduction, we both forgot lmao
    Last edited by Kushina43; 2022-07-09 at 03:09 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

"She knows how to set traps - we all do - but moves around too much to bother with them usually. She's a Farstrider through and through, favours the bow over the blade." Berrian offers to Emilia. "Unfortunately," He adds to Jok'lek, a slight bite to his tone - though it seems more directed as his sister than you. "She didn't say when she slipped away, and left no trail. I'm not expecting you to track her - if we could do that, my scouts would have already found her - just to keep your eyes open for any sign of her as you...explore, and if you do stumble over her, send her back here."

Show

Seems the conversation with Berrian is either closed or soon to be closed, depending on if any more questions. Gotta choose your next destination. You are currently at the Font of Tyr, so the closest destinations are the "?" unknown, the belltower(?) and the cottage(?).

I've also added the Abbey Map to the first post in the OOC thread.
    Last edited by Amnestic; 2022-07-10 at 05:58 AM.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Jade shifted from one foot to the other, getting antsy. "Fine, we'll stick together, let's just go!" She insisted. She nodded to the cottage. "There first, come on!" And she started towards it.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Skipsy finishes sketching the mosaics into her notes, "Aw, I like Team Fun Size. Last time we did it, I got to pilot a goblin shredder! Good times." The gnome stares wistfully into the distance, remembering better times. She shakes herself out of it, "Cottage! Right. We should go there. We'll keep an eye out for your sister, mister Elf. But also!" Skipsy takes out her army knife once more, extending a ball made of some kind of hard foam on a long stick, and holding it up to Berrian's waist (about as high as she can reach), "Could you say 'Hope is a Phoenix' again? Just for some extra insurance. If she really doesn't trust us we'll have a recording of your voice!"

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Emilia Shadowburn
    Forsaken Shadow Priest
    AC: 13 HP: 32/32
    Conditions: -

Emilia is glad they see reason for once. Need I remind you it blew up because goblins do not lightly to stealing their equipment? She rises her eyebrows. You know her face was unable to smile but people more familiar with Emilia could sense her amusement.

Emilia pauses. Don't you blood elves have a magical aura? I mean you have the sunwell to drink from. You should have a magical aura. Skipsy? Adjust your goggles. Emilia prepares her magical sight as well.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Berrian looks for a moment like he might swat the tool from Skipsy's hand, but with remarkable restraint holds himself back, once again uttering "Hope is a phoenix." into the item before turning away. "We do not drink from the Sunwell," he replies to Emilia, his voice scornful. "Its magic surrounds and empowers us, our connection unbreakable no matter how far we step from its shores." Pride, or arrogance, wells in his voice. "Do not expect any such aura, the Sunwell's magic is ambient, not directed."

With any final words exchanged, your group moves on towards the cottage. It's further than you'd have thought from the watchtower, and by the time the overgrown cobblestone path reveals the shell of an old fieldstone cottage it's starting to feel like it's time to rest. The dilapidated roof of the building is punctured by an oak tree which grows up through the middle of the structure and spreads its broad branches like a canopy over the frame. Shutters and a door hang open, forced from their hinges by the wild growth. Beyond the cottage, strangely lifelike hedge-animals have grown up from where they were originally trimmed, all while remarkably retaining their shape.

As you approach the dim entrance to the cottage you spot a massive feathered beast the size and shape of a bear, though possessing the head of a bird with antlers; a wildkin. A creature not native to this part of the world. Its short curved beak rests upon another of its kind, and you see that one of the two is opening its great golden eyes and sniffing the air in curiosity. There is no sign of any elf, or any blood or scraps that you can see to indicate she was here and now no longer is.

Show

Combat not started yet, but may do if you stick around.

Spoiler: Int (Nature)
    Show

Spoiler: DC5
    Show
    Believed by many to be the creation of Elune, Wildkin (also called moonkin) are often found protecting Elune's sacred places, such as moonwells. Due to this they are found almost exclusively on Kalimdor.

Spoiler: DC10
    Show

Though not naturally hostile originally, as Wildkin spread across the world some fell away from Elune's light and became more bestial as a result. Though they retain enough intelligence to perform tool usage and have their own cultures, many become violent when approached, ruthlessly using their bear strength to keep interlopers away, their original purpose of protection perverted.

Spoiler: DC15
    Show

Some wildkin can make use of magic, invoking Elune's power to sear their enemies. Their feathers often hold magical energy, and are often prized by arrow fletchers.

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Jade looked around for a moonwell. She gripped her battleax, eager to use it, but sighed.
    "I say we keep our distance and find a campsite on the way to that belltower. If the gnolls come around here maybe it'll kill one or two."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104

MonkGirl

Jok'lek nodded his agreement with his goblin friend and searched for a moonwell as well, so that they may avoid disturbing the two wildkin's area any further, and replied quietly. "Agreed, could be useful and we have no reason to fight them. Get behind me." Whether he's found the well or not, he attempts to lead the group a short way back and circle around, avoiding the wildkin and especially the moonwell if sighted. He quietly cursed for not bringing quieter armor, but also knew if anyone were to be spotted, he hoped it'd be himself - tough as she was and long as she could still go on fighting, Jade was still hurt, and while Ox was decently tough, he trusted his own steel to protect his less durable comrades more than a construct. He muttered a soft prayer to Hir'eek and pressed on.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Skipsy stifles a gasp, just gobsmacked that she gets to see not one but two wildkin, possibly even a mated pair! She squeezes her bag, desperately wanting to take notes but not wanting to tempt the magical might of the two, she speaks in an urgent but hushed whisper, "Oh, I wish we could stay here! Look at how cute they are! But Jade's right, we should go. Wildkin can be magical, via their connection to Elune, and it'd be safer for us to just pass them by."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Jade took one last tempted look at the wildkin, but shook her head and followed Jok'lek toward the bell tower.
    "Team Fun Size would have been cool," she "whispered" to Skipsy. "Hey, I still have a Rocket Jump left over. Maybe we can launch off the bell tower and see how far we get."
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-07-14 at 07:51 AM.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Emilia Shadowburn
    Forsaken Shadow Priest

I am NOT healing you if you drop from a bell tower. Emilia says with an equally loud whisper. Sightseeing is over, we can take these two, but I don't want to pull their ire, or that of the elves. The cleric has a basic understanding that blood elves have little to do with night elves and Elune. But there are enough people who claim to be wildkeepers, and she was not sure the blood elves weren't rangers on their own.

The bell tower should make a good place to rest. she agrees.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

You back away from the cottage and the wildkin, leaving them to their shelter in peace, and the stirring one doesn't seem to follow - either it fell back to slumber or considered you not worth the effort of following. Either way, you skirt away from the ruined building no worse for wear, a mental note of its 'occupants' now lodged in your minds. There's no moonwell to be spotted in the area, no telltale silver-blue glow of its enchanted waters bubbling up at-or-beyond the treeline. It seems they truly are creatures out of place.

The path continues to wind and wend up the hill towards the belltower you've chosen as your next destination, and as you get closer you can see that the building is in a similar state of disrepair to the cottage - the walls crumbling (though still standing) and the eponymous bell has fallen from the tower, now half-buried in overgrown grass.

A pale, slender figure with long blonde hair breaks through the trees ahead of you, her desperate footfalls barely making a whisper. Behind her, two large reptilian monsters pursue her in eerie silence, their purple-and-green scales thoroughly alien to you, but hard to focus on. One lashes out with a claw, raking the woman across the back who drops with an agonized shriek. A buzzing at the top of the belltower emerges the moment blood hits the air and you see a nest of insects begin to stir.

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Initiative order:
    Jok'lek/Jade->Enemies->Everyone.

Please note that the warp stalkers have a Displacement trait; attacks against them have disadvantage until they take damage, at which point they're attacked normally until their next turn. As such please roll all attacks with disadvantage to save me doing it, and I will adjust based off of when they get hit.

The Comet card is once again in play.
    When you are stood in the card's location you can use your bonus action to 'Mark' a target you can see. The next time you hit the marked target with an attack roll, you gain 10 temporary HP. The Comet token then moves underneath the Marked target. You may only Mark one target at a time, and using your bonus action to mark a new target removes the previous mark.

Spoiler: Int (Nature) on the Warp Stalkers
    Show

Spoiler: DC5
    Show

These reptilian predators are alien to Azeroth. Beyond that, you don't know much.

Spoiler: DC10
    Show

They were originally native to Draenor, the orcish homeworld. Originally their abilities were more akin to chameleons, granting them camouflage to strike stealthily. Since the magical destruction of Draenor turning it into Outland, their abilities have evolved, and their shifting skin patterns now safeguard against attacks.

Spoiler: DC15
    Show

Some warp stalkers can phase into and out of dimensions entirely, and when they return to reality their strikes seem especially devastating against spellcasters, causing their spells to fizzle.

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Jade knew those things!
    And hey, that elf was probably who they were looking for! What luck!
    Well, they had to kill some things but that was like the main thing Jade did, so no big deal.
    "YAAAAAAAAAAAA!" She declared as she sprinted into place, swinging her ax and trying to make herself the target of the beast. "Go! Now! Run!" Jade shouted to the elf as she swung again, showing a slight variance in tactics as she seemed less interested in hitting hard than just hitting it at all, aiming right for the middle of the thing and swinging fast.

Show
    40 feet of movement lets me get in the nearest monster's face.

Frenzy Rage.

I will reckless my attacks to negate the disadvantage, so I'll only roll the advantage on the later one. I've Frenzied, so on the next few rounds I'll have three attacks.

Battleaxe RAGE! RECKLESS!
    (1d20+7)[15]; 14 slashing damage rolled ooc
    (1d20+7)[16]/(1d20+7)[21]; (1d8+9)[10]
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-07-14 at 07:48 AM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

MonkGirl

Warp Stalkers!? Jok'lek immediately knew the threats ahead as the alien lizards, for they matched the description some of the Outland veterans gave.. as well as some who were deployed to Vash'jir during the Cataclysm, strangely enough. Jade charged forward first despite his misgivings, as expected, but she took care to strike the shifting beasts true more than hard, and he thought to do the same - trusting Jade to distract that stalker, he focused on the second. He then stomped the ground and let his blood boil, letting his rage quickly suffuse his body before exploding outward with a dash, and with that same movement he planned to cleave into the second further warp stalker with his greataxe before it caused Jade or anyone else problems. In his rage, he failed to notice the buzzing from the tower.

Show
    Hoping I can reach the second stalker with a Dash, but if not I'll rewrite attacking the same as Jade. The ruling also says I can make an attack if I move 20ft in a line, assuming I'm reading it correctly. Not an attack action, though, so just the one strike. No action surging just yet
    Bonus Action: Warrior Rage: 3 RP
    Action: Spend 2 RP for Charge: Dash and subsequent attack w/adv, which is cancelled out.
    Attack: (1d20+6)[24]
    Damage: (1d12+3)[6] slashing

Current Warrior Rage: 1 RP
    Edit: Misread rage reserve, fixed
    Last edited by Kushina43; 2022-07-15 at 04:28 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Jade and Jok'lek both leap forwards, bringing their respective weapons down upon the shifting scaled creatures. Despite their shifting scales that seem to dart in and out of sight, both the stalwart fighters manage to take chunks out of their beastial foes. They hiss in response, lashing back with tooth and claw. Though both Jade and Jok'lek manage to deflect some of the blows, some of them still cut through, and draw blood, light as it may be.

At the same time, the blood raised finally attracts the attention of the hive. Two large insects descend from the hive to and attach themselves to Analastra, going to suck her blood and move the elven woman yet closer to death. The hive bristles with more to come, yet for now only two have emerged.

Show

Jade hits on both attacks for 24 total.
    Jok'lek hits for 6 on their target.

Jade gets hit once twice, once for 5 slashing and once for 8 piercing.
    Jok'lek gets hit once for 8 slashing damage.

Damage numbers are given without including resistances.

Two bugboys attach themselves to Analastra. I forgot to mark the hive on the map, but it's inside the belltower, too high to reach from melee range.

Everyone's up!
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Skipsy gasps, pointing at the warpstalkers and shouting, "Oh no! Weird dogs!" The shame of uttering something like that as a scholar hits her a full second later, she winces as if she's been punched in the gut, "Uh, well, painting targets!" She aims her army knife into the air, launching a small firework that explodes over the warpstalkers, coating them (and much of the surrounding area) in a shiny, pink powder. Skipsy starts closing towards the elf, but her stubby little legs can only carry her so far. Ox scrambles over to the elf woman, flapping his metal wings to gain just a little bit more speed. Once at her feet, the battle chicken hops up, pecking at the bugs trying to latch on to her.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Skipsy's HP: 42/42
    Ox's HP: 36/36

Actions:
    Action - Skipsy casts Faerie Fire, targeting an area near the warpstalkers so both of them get hit.
    Move - Skipsy moves towards the elf, as far as she can.
    Bonus Action - Force-Empowered Peck Attack - (1d20+7)[8] for Force Damage - (1d8+3)[11] against one of the bugs attacking the elf lady.

Reaction - Ox will use his reaction to Deflect Attacks made against the elf.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

"Gah! I like it!" Jade shouted as she was clawed. "This one's mine!" She announced, pointing her ax at the monster in her face. "Leave it be!" And she jumped at the monster, ax swinging rapidly as she let loose a wicked cackle.
    "Gahaahaha! Wahaahahg! Ha!"

Spoiler: FIGHT!
    Show

Longsword/Battleaxe RAGE! RECKLESS!
    (1d20+7)[15]; (1d8+9)[13]
    (1d20+7)[24]/(1d20+7)[13]; (1d8+9)[16]
    (1d20+7)[12]/(1d20+7)[16]; (1d8+9)[17]
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Emilia Shadowburn
    Forsaken Shadow Priest

A quick light shines upon Analastra and then a barrier around her person appears. Can you walk? THEN RUN! Warpstalkers disrupt my magic. I cannot do more! Emilia shouts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Power Word: Shield for 11 temporary HP, Flash Heal (Healing Word) for (1d4+5)[8] HP.
    Since Words of Power are technically no spells, both should be possible in the same turn. Emilia stays put, unwilling to let her magic be disrupted.

25. - Top - End - #115

MonkGirl

His charging strike hits true, but it's on the shallow end, and the lizard swipes back with its claws. That wound is equally shallow thanks to his armor - His rage makes him unable to see that he received no true damage through the card's vigor - and he redoubles his efforts and strikes out with his weapon in retaliation. The pink powder that now coats the creature thanks to Skipsy's firework serves to help him aim for lethal strikes.

Show
    Takes 5 damage due to HAM, unless the strikes are magical
    Attack 1: (1d20+6)[20] Faerie Adv: (1d20+6)[21]
    Damage: (1d12+3)[10]
    Attack 2: (1d20+6)[23] Faerie Adv: (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage: (1d12+3)[15]

The buzzing still escapes his notice, this foe's life the only thing he sees through his rage, and Jade's target blocking his direct view regardless.

Spoiler: OOC 2
    Show
    Current Warrior Rage: 3 RP? Misread the displacement trait, +1 per hit
    Last edited by Kushina43; 2022-07-17 at 02:16 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Jade and Jok'lek continue their melee assault on the large reptiles, smashing into them with their strikes. Jade's target especially seems to suffer greatly, and is bleeding heavily, though it seems possessed by a bloodlust that refuses to allow it to flee. It does at least manage to dodge away from the pink powder, though its companion is less lucky.

Emilia's spell restores some light and life to the bleeding elf's visage, though she doesn't awaken, and you may wonder if the warp stalker's wound may itself be inhibiting the healing magic. Nevertheless, it has certainly moved her a step away from the death that the bloodsuckers have been edging her towards, and the defensive shield likewise protects her from further harm.

Ox's peck skitters wide of the target bug, but it gets it attention. Threatened, it detaches from the elf and makes to pierce Ox's defences, though its prong skitters across the metallic shell. Ox's master is less lucky; the Warp Stalker that Jade has laid into sniffs the magic on the air and retaliates, phasing past Jade to attack the small gnome in her place. It lashes out with its maw and claws. Skipsy manages to avoid becoming a fresh meal, but the razorshap claws draw blood, and she feels the magic disruption surge up through her trying to end her attention on the coat of powder she unleashed.

Another bloodsucker descends from the hive and moves straight towards the bleeding elf, though Ox's disruptive force keeps it from attaching to her, and the remaining bug deals no additional damage to the elf due to Emilia's glowing shield.

Show

Top left failed their save vs. Faerie Fire, bottom one made it.
    Emilia healed Analastra and shielded her.
    Jade hit thrice (46 total).
    Jok'lek hits twice (25 total)

Top one phases behind Jok'lek, hits them for 7 and 7 slashing damage over two different hits.
    Bottom one (the more injured of the two) phases behind Skipsy, crits her for 8 slashing and hits for 7 slashing over two hits, so two different concentration checks on Faerie Fire. I didn't roll them, and these are made with disadvantage as a result of the Warp Stalker's magicfizzlepowers.

One of the bugs detach from Analastra and tries to hit Ox, misses.
    Another bug flies down, is prevented from attaching to Analastra by Ox.
    The remaining attached bug is unable to move her closer to death due to Power Word Shield...for now.

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Jade turns on her heel as the monster phases through her. "Hey! No fair! Just when I was going one on one with you!"
    She leaps to the defense of the other member of Team Fun-Size, ax swinging at the creature's spine. "I'm bringing it down! RIGHT NOW! Nobody breaks up Team Fun-Size!"

Spoiler: KILL!
    Show

Battleaxe RAGE! RECKLESS!
    (1d20+7)[16]; (1d8+9)[13]
    (1d20+7)[25]/(1d20+7)[27]; (1d8+9)[14]
    (1d20+7)[22]/(1d20+7)[21]; (1d8+9)[16]
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

For the briefest of moments, Skipsy looks very pleased with her handiwork, smugly smiling at the pinkened warpstalkers. Then one turns to face her, "Oh, scrap." The little gnome tries to put her shield up to stop the beast, but only manages to just deflect its mouth, leaving herself open to its claws in the process, "Oh, fiddleglitch!" As charming as Gnomish swears can be, the raking scratches along her shield arm are quite serious, and the pink powder, though still pink, loses its luminous magical glow. Skipsy groans, but nods in thanks to Jade for smashing up the offending stalker, "Thanks Jadey-oooh, bits, that smarts." Safe, she grabs her gun, aiming at the remaining warpstalker and unloading on it, shouting to the others, "Anyone have any magic to take care of that bug nest?"

Ox continues pecking at the bug now attacking him.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Skipsy's HP: 27 / 42
    Ox's HP: 36 / 36

Action: Skipsy attacks the remaining warpstalker, remembering that I have Extra Attack this time:
    Attack - (1d20+7)[25] / Attack - (1d20+7)[23], for Piercing Damage - (1d10+4)[14]
    Attack - (1d20+7)[8] / Attack - (1d20+7)[10], for Piercing Damage - (1d10+4)[5]
    Bonus Action: Ox force-empowered pecks the bug attacking him
    Attack - (1d20+7)[20], for Force Damage - (1d8+3)[7]
    Last edited by Khosan; 2022-07-19 at 07:34 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119

MonkGirl

Jade brings down the other warp stalker in his periphery, and Jok'lek finally sees the scout being attacked by the swarm. This distraction allows the beast to phase right through him and get off two slashes on his back. He feels the scrape of the claws on his armor, all but certain he was injured, and turns around to strike in furious retaliation. With a mighty roar, his axe arcs from his left to right in a powerful swing, then he carries that momentum via spin into a second sweeping strike. Not satisfied with just those two attacks, he spins into a third diagonal upwards sweep, then stomps the ground hard to end with a downward cleave directly for its skull.

Show
    Disregard damage numbers, rolling in OOC to fix

Using Rampage! With FF off the stalkers, this should negate the disadvantage for the turn anyway. And +5 temp hp afterwards
    Attack 1: (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage: (1d13+3)[14] slashing
    Attack 2: (1d20+6)[10]
    Damage: (1d13+3)[15] slashing

Action Surge!
    Attack 3: (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage: (1d13+3)[5] slashing
    Attack 4: (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage: (1d13+3)[13] slashing
    Last edited by Kushina43; 2022-07-19 at 03:31 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Emilia Shadowburn
    Forsaken Shadow Priest
    Conditions: Surrender to Madness

Panic and fear pushes Emilia into a shadow induced frenzy, but this time she tries to retain control.

Spoiler
    Show
    bonus action: Surrender to Madness (1d20+8)[12] save vs damage
    Using Human Resolve to give myself advantage on the attack roll (2d20)[8][12](20)+9 on the closer Warpstalker
    Casting Void Strike as 2nd level spell for maximized 36 necrotic damage.