New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 22: Better the demon you know?

[Midnight in Moth Park] (En Route)

"Well... maybe?" Siana shrugs, setting her cane on the seat next to her. "I mean, this seems like one of those things that will make sense in hindsight. Like... I dunno, a surprise birthday party or something. Something we should have anticipated, but didn't." She runs a hand through her hair, catching it in locks as it sifts between her fingers. "But for the moment, yeah, pretty surprising."

It occurs to her at this point that the two of them are still strangers.

"Where are my manners? I'm Siana. Siana T-" She stops herself, quietly deciding not to use her family's name. After what she's gone through, it seemed like an insult to them now. "...Redmont." She corrects, extending her hand to the woman.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2022-07-02 at 10:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Interesting way to consider it. Did the invitation seem to come to you personally? For mine, it was...not clear."
    There are always a lot of things going on in this city, and they understand rather too few of them, even afterwards.

"Skye Drake-Nerei. Pleased...to meet you." She says, with a small pause as she takes Siana's hand in both of hers and gives it one shake. She's cool to the touch, perhaps not as much as Siana, but certainly an unusual amount.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Skate Park

While Eliseo winces, Ana gasps. "Oh no!" She moves quicker and sooner than Eliseo does, reaching the changeling by the time she's started to get up. "Are you alright?" the kitsune asks, offering Atsede a hand up. She looks genuinely worried, although the confident response she gets alleviates most of it. Eliseo's comment earns him a giggle. "Yeah, that sounds like a fair trade."
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowmai View Post
    [Skate Park]

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," Atsede tried to assure Ana- although admittedly through slightly gritted teeth. The changeling gingerly spread her wings, just a little, and winced in pain. "...Maybe just mostly fine. Ow. But I've had worse." She looked at Eliseo, expression still a bit sheepish. "You're probably right there, that wasn't exactly my most graceful landing." She sighed."Alright, deal."
    [Skate Park]

"I guess those wings don't help so much when you're tumbling upside down." Eliseo observes, if a bit insensitively. "I'm gonna say you're probably down and out for today. Wanna go hang somewhere? There's a milkshake place nearby. My treat."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2022-07-02 at 11:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124

Skate Park

Anastasia winces looking over what bruises and marks are visible on Atsede wings. She was fairly familiar with the trials and tribulations of having an extra appendage, and especially how much it sucked to get it hurt - but even then, getting four full wings banged up must suck way more than getting your tail pinched in a door. "Uh, yeah! I mean, worse case scenario, you can use one as an ice pack." Booooo Ana, booooo.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #125

[The Toy Tinker]

"I can tell you right away that regular cellphones didn't work down there. MERC's communication worked fine... at first, but even they stopped working once you got further down. Perhaps some tools to map it out?" Jaahlyn turns to Sticks. "Or perhaps you already have maps of the place?"

Midnight in Moth Park

Instead of answering the two mistfolk smiles and enthusiastically gesture ahead. Seemingly giddy at the prospect of going wherever they're leading her.
    It doesn't become clear what they're gesturing at until a couple of minutes later when they approach a peculiar tree that Ana has never seen before.
    She knew that there recently had been a couple of "exotic" plants added to the park but this tree doesn't appear like it had been recently planted. It looks positively ancient and far larger than any other recent addition.

Yet there it stands on a small elevation in the park which makes the plaque next to it just barely visible above the fog.

Dracaena cinnabari

Ana just manages to make out the text before her two guides suddenly stop.
    They gesture again, but not at the tree. Rather, they're gesturing at a hole at the foot of the tree. That's where they wanted her to go? She wouldn't be able to fit inside it unless she used her fox form and that seemed a bit bizarre.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post

"Interesting way to consider it. Did the invitation seem to come to you personally? For mine, it was...not clear."
    There are always a lot of things going on in this city, and they understand rather too few of them, even afterwards.

"Skye Drake-Nerei. Pleased...to meet you." She says, with a small pause as she takes Siana's hand in both of hers and gives it one shake. She's cool to the touch, perhaps not as much as Siana, but certainly an unusual amount.

"It was pretty clear for me. Ended up directly in my poc...ket..." Siana looks down at her hand, which didn't respond too well to the extra agitation. Her shedding problem has only gotten worse, and Skye will be treated to the oh-so-pleasant sensation of having small skin and muscle fibers come off into her hands. Although she may not realize it at first; with the consistency and amount, it'll just seem like Siana palmed her a few crumbs of beef jerky for some reason.

"...Are you, um... are you okay, miss?" Siana asks, noting the woman's unusual lack of body heat. "You seem a little, um... what's the polite way to put this..." She mulls it over for a second, then, "Everybody I know, including myself, with hands that cold, is also cursed. Do you, um... have anything like that, or...?"
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

7. - Top - End - #127

Eh, so Siana's hands are dirty. Hardly a real problem. Though Skye will find a moment to dust off her hands.

"I am okay, yes." Skye says, in the tone of 'but not really entirely okay'.
    "I am also cursed. But you know, the curse has made me strong, in many ways. Do not feel too much concern for me."
    Though of course, her curse is not very much like Siana's, in the end.

The limo rolls to a stop, and in a moment the chauffeur will come and open their doors and offer Siana help getting out.
    For a moment upon leaving the car, The General seems delighted to be out in the night air.
    "And you did find a polite way to ask it, I think. Is that part of what the guests have in common?" she muses.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #128

[Midnight In Moth Park]

"Curses have a weird way of doing that, true." Siana agrees. Although, as she thinks about it, is it really fair to call what she has a curse? It was created primarily for her people's benefit, and the unpleasant stuff was all side effects. Calling it a curse might be akin to calling medicine that tastes bad but saves lives poison.

"...You know, now that you mention it, that would actually make a lot of sense." She adds, turning over her invitation in her hands. "Our host is offering us 'life requests', among other things. That could easily be a euphemism for... you know, breaking curses, if asked. Or maybe just a sort of all-encompassing deal that might include that." She hefts the stone in her hands as she ponders the implications. "...But then again, maybe not. I have siblings who'd want to be here, too, if that were the case. And my uncle, too. It can't be just a question of being cursed."

And though she'll keep it to herself, Siana's pretty sure all of those people would deserve to have the curse lifted more than she does. What makes her so special?

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

9. - Top - End - #129

Midnight in Moth Park

”…Okay, uh, alright then.” Anastasia takes the silence as a sign that these mysterious apparitions aren’t likely to give her any manner of direction or explanation here. It's difficult not to feel a little unnerved as they go, the silent stillness of the park sinking in as surely as the clinging mists and cool night air, and she can't help but worry about what dangers might lurk in the distance. If only she had brought her sword when... wait, how did she get out here?

Its only once they arrive at the tree that Anastasia's full focus returns to the world around her, the fox staring up to marvel at the venerable old dragon tree that stretches into the sky above them. Had this always been here in Moth Park? Surely she would have remembered it, right? She takes a moment to register that her two silent guides are gesturing for her. "...Uh, you want me to go in there?" A beat as she waits for the spirits to confirm, before hesitantly inspecting the hole. She briefly considers trying to crawl through before eventually resorting to her fox form to enter, shifting back once she's on the other side.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Barbarian in the Playground

Silver-Sworded Swindler

Spoiler
    Show
    What Have You Got? A SWORD!

Anastasia jumps as Jen addresses her once they part - the knight might pick up on the fact that she's surprised to be spoken to as much the fact that it's not negative attention. "Oh! Um, yeah!" She smiles a little awkwardly. "Well uh, Iiiiiiii think it's like, a zweihänder?" Looking further at the blade, St Lazarus can most likely tell it's a fairly well-made weapon. The hilt isn't particularly elaborate or decorated, but what she can see peeking out from the hilt of the long blade itself is the pale and bright sheen of silver. It doesn't have a second handguard like Jenette's weapon, but there is a ricasso decorated with a wrapping of leather.

"Oh, like mine, but silvered. That must be really useful if you have to pass through a park and don't want the fae giving you trouble," Jenette observes, though I don't think there's any fairy-infested parks in this neighborhood. Oh wait no, it was iron that works on fae, wasn't it?

"Wait, does that work on fae, or only werewolves? I guess it doesn't matter too much either way, since both would see a really big sword and usually know better than to try to start something," she shrugs. It almost sounded like she was trying to imply something for a moment there, but Ana hasn't done anything to upset anyone with a big sword today, right? Probably just your imagination running wild; the girl knight doesn't have any reason to suspect Anastasia of wrong-doing, obviously. I mean, she wouldn't really be dumb enough to do anything to agitate someone with a sword as big as her own, someone who looks like they could kill a man and has probably done so before.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ghost in the Playground

[Skate Park]

"Yeah I guess not," Atsede responded, looking perhaps a little bit miffed at Eliseo's comment. She perks right back up as he mentions buying her a milkshake though. "Oh really? I'd love that, thanks man!" Then, addressing Ana's joke, "Nah, lemme tell yah, from past experience the best impromptu ice pack is a cold can of soda."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Beauty from Ashes

"Hah! You think I'm so hideous you won't even look at me!" Matilda yelps as the rocks collide with her and she's thrown back by the force, hitting a wall and growling as she slowly stands back up and grows larger, the fur and feathers spreading back across her body as she bulks back up into an owlbear, albeit one with far more influence from a peahen than usual. This does mean she's safe for Leah to look at, whilst she's preparing another attack by swinging her clawed paw back.
    [Beauty from Ashes]

"YOU. ARE. NAKED!!" Why does Matilda fail to understand this?!

Though honestly, if Matilda had just stayed naked she could have grabbed the Icon and snuck out, Leah having no recourse to stop her. But the catgirl is unfortunately getting used to the sound of Matilda's shifting and this lets Leah peep just enough to get a good look at the Icon's position.

The earthbender stomps the ground to send a sudden upward rock under the Icon to fling it in Leah's direction so she can catch it before also drawing her arms down to collapse the tunnel between Leah and Matilda. It's a bit of a gamble, especially if Matilda intercepts the Icon mid-air because either way there's probably going to be too many rocks in between them both to stop the other from getting away with whomever catches the fragment of divinity.

[Midnight In Moth Park]

Ilpholin Xar'cha cuts across the park, midnight-blue skin at home in the pale moonlight. Stark white hair flowing down to her shoulders stands out, making her seem imposing despite her somewhat shorter stature. As she gracefully glides towards the meeting place, a dress made from sheer blue spider silk clings to her envious figure. It was a one shouldered number, the layers of fabric wrapped and ruched in a way that they would not reveal too much of the skin beneath, but certainly enough to tease the full length spider tattoo that made its home upon the entirety of her back. The hemline was asymmetrical, falling to below the knee on one side, but rising to daringly high slit on the other, which would only be made visible as the wearer moved. The shoulder of the dress was held together by a golden pin in the shape of a spider. Its eyes and abdomen glittered with sapphires. More sheer fabric trailed down from the shoulder to a delicate gold cuff, fashioned after a spider web, which would cover the back of the hand, ending in a ring bearing another, smaller, gold spider. It's abdomen was fashioned from a single large star sapphire. Closer inspection would reveal that the folds of the dress hid numerous concealed pockets, cleverly sewn. Most were small, only able to hold something the size of a coin, but many drow found uses for such things. The largest, concealed in the skirt, could easily hold a dagger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #133

[Midnight In Moth Park - The King and Ilpholin]

The black armored guest will find himself in the company of none other than an all too familiar face who seems to have made their way to the park as well at this precarious hour.
    Since the two of them are greeted by the same mist-made figure which gestures for them to come while pointing in the direction it seems to want them to go.
    There's not a single other soul or other direction in sight so this must be for the party, right?

[Midnight In Moth Park - Siana and Skye]

The two will be greeted by the gates of moth park which eerily swings open as they approach.
    Mist spills out from it and onto the street but not much further than that. Seemingly contained to the park itself.
    Should they enter the gates shut themselves close behind them. Though if they check they aren't locked so they could just leave again if they wanted to. Not that the small wall surrounding the park could stop either of them in the first place.

The fog is quite dense but don't go up further than to just below their knees so they should no have problem seeing the sea of mist which now shrouds the park. Without the roads and carefully cut grass visible this artificial wilderness suddenly seems much more real. While as there are lampposts occasionally emerging from the fog to light their way, they seem all the more mystical now. Like lone lighthouses guiding boats through an ocean of fog.

But within the fog they can make out small figures that can't be much larger than children. They seem to be made up of the fog like clouds taking on particularly humanoid shape and they are gesturing for them to follow.

[Midnight In Moth Park - Ana==> Down the rabbit hole]

The mistfolk don't stop their gesturing and pointing so that must be their way of confirming her question.
    Since as soon as Ana steps closer to the tree she can fill something close to her, hidden within the folds of the clothing she's now wearing, get colder. Like getting a piece of ice running down her neck it seems to steal all the heat around it and likely causes her to shiver.

Then her memory gets about foggy as the park as she seems to remember slipping and falling towards, and into, the hole which she's pretty sure she could barely fit her arm into.

And then she keeps falling as this hole is impossibly deep and black as she can't even see the earthen walls that she feels should be surrounding her.

But if that had been a strange dream she suddenly finds herself either landing on waking up it what seems to be a lavishly decorated and brightly lit waiting room.

It's rectangular in shape with couches standing along the sides while big armchairs can be found in the corners. In-between these are smaller wooden tables with glass tops. One interesting detail of this room is that decor is only made up of two colors. Snow white and a softer wooden brown. The furniture, with the exception for the tables, is white. The floor and walls are brown and the ceiling is white. Then there's a singular white door which seems to be the only exit out of the room.
    And as she's standing there it suddenly opens and a woman dressed in a blindingly white dress that could be from the edwardian era steps into the room. While she otherwise appears like a human teenager she has two large rabbit ears where her human ears should have been.

She smiles, seemingly having expected to see Ana and curtsies before her.
    "Our first guest, how exciting! I am White Pawn and I bid you welcome to the midnight game, miss Anastasia. If you want anything then just let me know! Once the other guests have arrived the party shall begin!"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-07-04 at 03:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134

[Midnight In Moth Park]

"That could be it. I know this curse has been broken before, by gods or by ancient artifacts. But there was always a high price for it. The invitation says 'requests', but I don't think it will be simple."
    And if Skye were an ordinary, uncursed person, could she face this city? Help her family? No.

She walks in right when the gates swing open, appreciating the simplicity, and starts to smile at the midnight wilderness around them.
    Fog would normally tend to freeze into snowflakes around her, but who can say if this obviously magical weather will do the same?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #135

[Midnight in Moth Park]

Siana nods in agreement, but as they're on the same page (more or less), she can't really think of anything else to say. She'll simply follow the general down the path and toward the mist-creatures (she can't very well lead the way, unless they're fine with her annoyingly slow walking pace).

...Then again, the mist-creatures themselves seem... odd. No more so than anything else that's happened tonight, but they're enough to hold her attention until something else happens.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

16. - Top - End - #136

[Midnight in Moth Park]

If they follow, the mistfolk will lead them through the park and the sea of mist and eventually to a tree raising up from the mist on a elevation in the ground. If they've seen trees like this before they will note that this one is unusually large and likely quite old.

Here their guide stop and continues to point and gesture at the tree before them. Specifically, at a small hole near the foot of it.

17. - Top - End - #137

[Midnight in Moth Park]

The General walks slower than normal, with Siana there just behind her.
    These mist-creatures are obviously connected to their invitation, so what is there to do but follow them?

She pauses at the tree, one hand against the trunk. An unusual type; not one she's seen before, and the park must almost have been built around it for it to be here at such a size...
    She kneels down at the hole the mistfolk are indicating. What is all this?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

The Prince in Rags nods curtly and courteously to Ilpholin. She will no doubt recognize this body of the King's, but he's wearing a different garb than the last time she saw him. More formal, but still tattered. As the King told Ilpholin once, it's an inescapable part of any form he wears.

"Ilpholin. I'm not surprised to see you here. Do you know anything about our host? The name they gave us is false, I've learned."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

The Toy Tinker

Jim smiles sheepishly.
    ”Well, light isn’t an issue with me around. I’m not all that good for any of that other stuff though. Uh. My last expedition was mostly covered by Sticks and my escort.”
    Sticks provided him the ludicrously powerful staff and his knight friend did everything else.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

20. - Top - End - #140

Argent Alopex?

"Um, yeah, I think it's only werewolves? Fey are usually cold iron, and I don't think I'm- or, like, I'm not sure cold iron affects all types of them." The fox shrugs. "I think it was silvered more with ghosts and spirits in mind anyways, from what I remember."

There's a brief moment as something flags up in the back of Anastasia's mind, some manner of... implication. Could this tall, mysterious swordsman have realized anything? Surely she wouldn't be that subtle, yeah? "Um, yeah definitely," she answers with a nod."Its like, pretty much the main reason I lug it around. Can never be too careful." A beat. "Do you want to like, take a look at it actually?" The foxgirl shrugs off the strap keeping the blade across her back and swings it around in front of her, giving St. Laz an inquisitive look.

Midnight In Moth Park - Down the Rabbit Hole

Anastasia screams as she falls down through the void, shifting back to her normal form as she reaches vainly for any manner of thing to grab onto - and then she finds herself drifting awake upon a plush white couch, sprawled out as if she'd fallen down from above. She blinks and pushes herself up to a sitting position. "Um, hello?" She calls out, looking around - and soon enough, a strange rabbit-eared woman arrives. "I-I'm sorry, midnight game? Wait- how do you know my name?"
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2022-07-04 at 05:51 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #141

Down the Rabbit Hole

"It's part of my duties to know the guests names, miss. I wouldn't be a very good pawn if I didn't."
    The rabbit-eared lady remarks with a smile.
    "But yes, the midnight game. That's what we call the party since there will be games and challenges to entertain the guests with. Anything else you want me to clarify, miss Anastasia?"

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Midnight in Moth Park]

If they follow, the mistfolk will lead them through the park and the sea of mist and eventually to a tree raising up from the mist on a elevation in the ground. If they've seen trees like this before they will note that this one is unusually large and likely quite old.

Here their guide stop and continues to point and gesture at the tree before them. Specifically, at a small hole near the foot of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Midnight in Moth Park]

The General walks slower than normal, with Siana there just behind her.
    These mist-creatures are obviously connected to their invitation, so what is there to do but follow them?

She pauses at the tree, one hand against the trunk. An unusual type; not one she's seen before, and the park must almost have been built around it for it to be here at such a size...
    She kneels down at the hole the mistfolk are indicating. What is all this?
    [Midnight in Moth Park]

"Um... well, that hole seems important, I guess." Siana states, breaking the awkward silence between them. "Maybe there's something in there they want us to get? Let me see if I can just..." She kneels down next to the tree and reaches her hand in. If she's wrong, and she's about to have her hand bitten, she can at least afford to lose a finger or two. She'll keep going until her hand touches the bottom or she's in up to her shoulder and can't get it in any further.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Ilpholin certainly doesn't look like she has any previous time the King in Rags has seen her, though he'd be able to recognize her regardless, more intimately familiar with her than most. His presence all but confirms this is some fey thing. Though Ilpholin hardly considers herself fey to begin with. An enemy of the King's perhaps? She hasn't Damon yet so... hmm.

All the same, she gives no indication that she recognizes the King, but such a façade is hard to hold when he acknowledges her directly. She shifts uncomfortably, a subtle gesture, but replies all the same. "Deny True, a falsehood? It won't be the last," Ilpholin replies evenly, only confirming what the King already knows without actually answering his question. The King is real, she's certain, but that doesn't mean anything else in this fog is. She'll avoid giving out any unnecessary information. Not while the motive of this so called 'party' is still obscured in misdirection.

There is but one guide though, the mist figure pointing the way. There is no acknowledgement as she walks in the direction it provides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Skate Park

Anastasia winces looking over what bruises and marks are visible on Atsede wings. She was fairly familiar with the trials and tribulations of having an extra appendage, and especially how much it sucked to get it hurt - but even then, getting four full wings banged up must suck way more than getting your tail pinched in a door. "Uh, yeah! I mean, worse case scenario, you can use one as an ice pack." Booooo Ana, booooo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowmai View Post
    [Skate Park]

"Yeah I guess not," Atsede responded, looking perhaps a little bit miffed at Eliseo's comment. She perks right back up as he mentions buying her a milkshake though. "Oh really? I'd love that, thanks man!" Then, addressing Ana's joke, "Nah, lemme tell yah, from past experience the best impromptu ice pack is a cold can of soda."
    [Skate Park]

"I'd watch out. Wouldn't wanna try cleaning ice cream out of feathers." Eliseo quips. "But yeah, lets go if you're not hurting too bad." Assuming that there's no protest, he drops his board and pushes off toward the edge of the skate park. It's not a far trip. Chances are the place is strategically located near the summer gathering spot. The sign out front says 'Ice Dream'.

25. - Top - End - #145

Midnight at Moth Park - Down the Rabbit Hole

"The... party?" Something seems to dawn in Anastasia's eyes. "Wait, is - is all this about like, that weird rock I found in my pocket? Is that why I'm here all - all dressed up like this?!" She looks around, suddenly rather terrified and imagining the worst. "If there's - wait - wha- what kind of games? Are they mandatory? Can people get like, actually hurt in them?"

Skate Park

Anastasia indeed has no reason to protest, all too happy to look between the two skaters with a smile and start moving to follow. She doesn't hop onto her board however, feeling maybe a bit too relaxed or tired to really put in the effort... which means if Atsede wants to steal a bit of conversation alone with either of her newfound friends on the way over, she certainly has the opportunity.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #146

Down the Rabbit Hole

"Yes, the invitation."
    White Pawn says as she smiles reassuringly.
    "We're glad that you decided to come, our host wasn't sure if you would actually. Poor thing have been anxious all day over it."
    She let's out a amused chuckle.

Since Ana had decided to come, right? The suggestion seems to be there even if her memories are extremely foggy. Especially in how she acquired the clothes she's dressed in.

"But of course they're not mandatory, miss Ana. Our games are all for a bit of fun and you can't enforce that."
    She chuckles lightly again.
    "However, I hope you will find spectating as entertaining as participating though. I always do and I hope that clarifies the fact that none of you would actually get hurt playing them, miss Ana. I would hate to see any of our guests in distress. I am here to make your stay here as enjoyable as possible and your host would have it no other way."
    Then White Pawn suddenly turns her gaze away from Ana.
    "Ah, speaking of guests, two more have arrived. You should get acquainted with them while you wait, miss Ana."
    If Ana turns around too she can see that it appears as if two persons have just landed on the couches. Just like she did not long ago.

Seemingly encouraged the misty figure waits a moment to let the nymph and the King in Rags catch up with it before it continues on. Motioning for them to follow as it keeps gesturing ahead while it moves. Guiding them through the sea of fog.

Eventually, they arrive at a tree which stands out like a sore thumb in this park which otherwise only have oaks, maple, and other trees that would be at home in Riverside's temperate climate.

It's an especially large and old specimen that stands on a slight elevation in the ground. As they get closer they might get a glimpse of a black plaque by the foot of the tree reading Dracaena cinnabari in gold text.

Their mistfolk guide is less interested in the tree itself though and more in the rabbit hole that seems to lead underneath it. They eagerly point to it, seemingly urging them to get closer.

[Midnight in Moth Park==> Down the rabbit hole]

As the two go about investigating the hole they are overcome by a strange sensation of vertigo as the invitation stone suddenly goes as cold as ice.
    Then their memories get a big vague as they recall somehow falling into the hole they were peering into a moment ago despite it being rabbit-sized.

Then they're suddenly plummeting down into a dark abyss with what seems like chess pieces floating around them.

Then with a jolt they land and at the same moment wake up in a couch or an armchair in what seems to be a waiting room.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    It's rectangular in shape with couches standing along the sides while big armchairs can be found in the corners. In-between these are smaller wooden tables with glass tops. One interesting detail of this room is that decor is only made up of two colors. Snow white and a softer wooden brown. The furniture, with the exception for the tables, is white. The floor and walls are brown and the ceiling is white. Then there's a singular white door which seems to be the only exit out of the room.
    They're not alone in the room however as there's two teenage girls in dresses talking to one another by the door. One has white rabbit ears where her human ears should have been and her dress is as white as the furniture of the room. The other one can be described by her player.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-07-05 at 04:14 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147

Midnight at Moth Park - Down the Rabbit Hole

"I- they were anxious over me?" The poor fox looks fairly confused by all this as she digests it. She can't be that important to someone, right? I mean, I guess she was pretty important to some folks like Kitty and Eliseo, but who else would have a single reason to care about her? And what did she mean she decided to show up? She... could have sworn she wasn't going to. Did she change her mind at some point? I mean, she wasn't kidnapped or dragged here, right?

"Um, I see, I- I guess that's reassuring to know. I'm still not sure why I've been invited here, but uh, I guess I can try to get in the spirit of things?" Ana doesn't expect she actually will. Still, it seems the nice thing to offer doing. She turns towards the newer guests with a jolt of surprise as they arrive.

The young woman before Siana and The General appears to be a teenager of around sixteen, pale-skinned and of faintly Korean descent with dark orange hair done up in a slightly fancy bun. Although she's developed some noticeable curves, her petite figure is still rather slender,. The only feature that suggests she's more than just a plain old human is a pair of fairly lustrous orange fox tails swishing nervously behind her, and blue eyes flit between both women with a nervous curiosity.

She's dressed in dark, bloody red for the party, wearing a rather nice knee-length dress with understated patterns of lace along it, the skirt dipping down to the calves in a transition to more transparent fabric. alongside a lace domino mask and a pair of fingerless gloves both made in matching styles and colors. In addition, a brilliant orange-and-yellow scarf of silk has been wrapped loosely round her neck, draping over one shoulder to lend a fiery touch to an otherwise rather quiet outfit.

"U-um, hello." The kitsune waves.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #148

[Down the Rabbit Hole]

If anybody present saw Siana around Spooktober, they might recognize the dress she's wearing to be something of a very similar style. It's a red, puffy-sleeved ballgown, the kind with hoops fitted into the skirt to help it retain its shape no matter how she moves. Here, it serves a secondary purpose of also supporting Siana herself, distributing her weight evenly around the hem of the oversized skirt. Her hands are covered by ivory-white gloves, which extend up to her elbows and end with a little split flair. An external white corset hugs at her waist and works at keeping her back straight, with the added effect of highlighting the red band of fabric covering her now-somewhat-exaggerated bust.

It's not the sort of dress one would expect to see on a sixteen-year-old. She looks like she might have borrowed something from her mother's closet for this occasion.

"Um... hello." The strigoi echoes back, giving Ana a little wave. At least the kitsune seems to be as lost as she is. This part is... weird. One moment, she was kneeling next to a tree, the next, she was here. Magic was involved, clearly, but she's a little shaky on the details.

"I'm, uh, going to guess neither of you are this 'Nye Trued', either." She adds, in an attempt to establish a little more common ground and break through the awkwardness with a little humor.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Something like a chuckle escapes the Prince's mask, but on the whole he seems willing to go along with pretending that they don't know one another. He simply follows their guide.

"A tree and a rabbit hole. Our host seems to have a peculiar sense of humor."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #150

[Midnight at Moth Park - Down the Rabbit Hole]

Whoa! How did she fit down here, and-?
    No, she's still on task, The General finds.

"Hello. Are you two enjoying the event?"
    It seems her uniform has been replaced with a new outfit. Long black gloves, long sleeveless black dress, gold hoop earrings, strap-heavy formal shoes. Well. She had thought her outfit was fine, but this is fine too. It's been quite a long time since she wore anything like this.
    "They're truly elaborate with their introductions, aren't they?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine