New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: Percy Jackson Mafia 2

I mean, first time I see someone distance themselves not from a specific person, but from the entire concept of scum.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course the anger could come from having to be a Roman when your opinion about Rome is so visceral.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    I mean, first time I see someone distance themselves not from a specific person, but from the entire concept of scum.
    Maybe it's Xi's self-loathing over being Roman that's coming out as the least proportional anger of letter sounds imaginable?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course the anger could come from having to be a Roman when your opinion about Rome is so visceral.
    Goddamn Greek (or... Roman?) ninjas.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Book imagine you are a child of Neptune. Which 3 powers do you pick and why?

Hrrmmm... Maybe the following?

- Child of Neptune: Healing Waters
    - Child of Jupiter: Divine Friendship
    - Child of Vulcan: Scanner
    - Child of Pluto: Command the Dead

Divine Friendship means two people can always be baned, and Scanner means that it would be possible to bane more every second night. Command the Dead for utility. But now that I think about it, this setup would be better if it was for town. Huh, oops.

- Child of Neptune: Ancient Ancestors
    - Child of Bacchus: Drunken Madness
    - Child of Venus: Charmspeak
    - Child of Vulcan: Fire

Maybe??
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2022-06-15 at 12:17 PM.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Probably a solid 5 (yeah, I'm going straight for the middle of the road, what a shock, eh?). As you kind of mentioned yourself, it seems like more of a Snow move than one of yours, though I could see a towny you making it. I'm also aware that I think I tend to townread you too much, so deducting at least like one point to compensate for that.
    What can I say except I'm trying to help Snow distancing herself from the game. Which, thinking about it, is pretty scummy from me. After all, she might catch scum!me if she's active. And statistically, we are in opposite teams more often than not.

Also, I'm looking forward to see if Taffi is shouting "Hedgy" in her chat which gac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post

Divine Friendship means two people can always be baned, and Scanner means that it would be possible to bane more every second night. Command the Dead for utility. But now that I think about it, this setup would be better if it was for town. Huh, oops.

Maybe??
    Nice color you picked.

Interesting team 1 you've got there. I'd say divine friendship is terrible for wolves, as it increases the chances of getting caught. Scry one, get one for free. For town, it's pretty nice.

Team 2.. hiding is nice to have. Redirection is a bit more complicated, but more useful for a wolf than town I'd guess. The downside is the passive power you get for it.
    Charmspeak is great for wolves, no question asked. And another kill is obvious as well.

I guess the picks you made won't tell me much unless you flip Neptune. Now, there is something I'm wondering...
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

I'm at work so can't reply much right now. If I saw correctly BatCatHat is free to be voted on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    If I were a Roman, you'd know it, because you'd have a list of every filthy Roman we need to kill in my first post and we'd all be dead.

Let's talk about how dumb Rome is.

Latin. It's a bad language. I hate it.
    Their NUMBERS! Sweet gods, their NUMBERS! To say 63 you gotta say LXIII. They don't have symbols for numbers you gotta put a bunch of letters together and do math to see how far you are from the nearest five. Luckily everyone in the formerly roman world saw that the arabs were doing it better and no one uses them anymore.

Rome never did anything inventive or interesting. Everything in Rome is just a watered down, less interesting version of something one of the peoples they conquered did. Case in point: their storytelling. This is really clear with Vergil's Aenead, which is just the Odyssey but more boring. This follows through with their gods, which are just the Greek gods but without all the personality.

Rome was so stupid that some of its cities literally illegalized their own fire departments.

And I have many other complaints that are not forum-safe!
    I just want to specify, my roots aren't romans.

Felt a little called out being in the general vicinity of the place :p
    Last edited by Valmark; 2022-06-16 at 10:38 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    I'm at work so can't reply much right now. If I saw correctly BatCatHat is free to be voted on.

I just want to specify, my roots aren't romans.

Felt a little called out being in the general vicinity of the place :p
    First one with no votes, right?

Are you taking about your RL location or did you feel the need to claim "not mafia" :P
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Real-life. Valmark is Italian.

But not Roman... or so he tells me.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

First one with no votes, right?

Are you taking about your RL location or did you feel the need to claim "not mafia" :P
    RL location! And yeah, first with no votes.
    Real-life. Valmark is Italian.

But not Roman... or so he tells me.
    I'm Tuscanian, so my roots would be the Etruscans mostly.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

As fun as psychoanalyzing Xi's feelings for Rome is, I'm gonna switch to Elenna. A wagon appearing that quickly makes me nervous and while Xum and Snow probably voted independent of each other, judging by the time, Elenna voted AV who already had two votes (out of four votes total, one which was on the non-playing Taff) which seems like a weird move to make for meta/joke reasons. Yes, the first votes of D1 are rarely based on much and lynching AV is a natural reaction to last game, but with no suspicions against anyone else, it's enough for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm looking forward to see if Taffi is shouting "Hedgy" in her chat which gac.
    I wonder how long it'll be before Taff goes crazy over following a game but not being able to talk to people about it?
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2022-06-16 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Vote begone!

10. - Top - End - #40

ClericGuy

As fun as psychoanalyzing Xi's feelings for Rome is, I'm gonna switch to Elenna. A
    - - - Updated - - -

I wonder how long it'll be before Taff goes crazy over following a game but not being able to talk to people about it?
    I always read those evil Rogman's...
    I feel like Elenna wouldn't jump the wagon as a wolf, since it's very obvious. But I might be wrong.

If she has anything in common with me, it will be very calm until something happens she disagrees with. The stress will start afterwards.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

I always read those evil Rogman's...
    I feel like Elenna wouldn't jump the wagon as a wolf, since it's very obvious. But I might be wrong.
    Yeah, you could very well be right about that. Though if I was a wolf and was served a chance to get (a towny) AV lynched D1 on a silver platter, I might be tempted to take it even if it's obvious.

12. - Top - End - #42

ClericGuy

Yeah, you could very well be right about that. Though if I was a wolf and was served a chance to get (a towny) AV lynched D1 on a silver platter, I might be tempted to take it even if it's obvious.
    So, do you think Snow and Xum are going to stick to their votes?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

So, do you think Snow and Xum are going to stick to their votes?
    No idea. The first D1 votes rarely stick, but there's not a lot of options right now (or rather, there are too many options, since there's no real wagon besides AV) and... well, it's AV, who always runs a risk of getting lynched on general principle, a risk that's probably doubled after the last game.

If you had to vote for someone (actually in the game) right now, who and why?

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    RL location! And yeah, first with no votes.

I'm Tuscanian, so my roots would be the Etruscans mostly.
    Etruscans are cool, I like their pottery. I also like their temple to Apollo. I could get along fine with an Etruscan.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-06-15 at 02:51 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

15. - Top - End - #45

ClericGuy

No idea. The first D1 votes rarely stick, but there's not a lot of options right now (or rather, there are too many options, since there's no real wagon besides AV) and... well, it's AV, who always runs a risk of getting lynched on general principle, a risk that's probably doubled after the last game.

If you had to vote for someone (actually in the game) right now, who and why?
    Good question. Maybe you, cause this could get a counter wagon going. Plus, it might help me at figuring out if you are townie-paranoid or just trying to steer the lynch.

Otherwise...
    Not going to vote GA, cause new guy (for me).
    Not wanting to vote Snow. I don't want to get her stressed out about this game. It's not optimal game play, but hey...

I think I'll have a hard time to see Elenna as a wolf, cause too obvious. Otherwise, no strong opinions right now. And the usual disclaimer of "my reads suck".
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post

Maybe??
    The obvious interpretation of Book coming up with a town-friendly team first is that he’s town and thinking from a town POV about the roles. Of course, that’s obvious enough that he could be doing it on purpose as a wolf. Slight town points, I think - not enough to really matter later in the game, but enough that I don’t want to lynch Book today.

As fun as psychoanalyzing Xi's feelings for Rome is, I'm gonna switch to Elenna. A wagon appearing that quickly makes me nervous and while Xum and Snow probably voted independent of each other, judging by the time, Elenna voted AV who already had two votes (out of four votes total, one which was on the non-playing Taff) which seems like a weird move to make for meta/joke reasons. Yes, the first votes of D1 are rarely based on much and lynching AV is a natural reaction to last game, but with no suspicions against anyone else, it's enough for me.
    *shrug* I said I’d vote AV before the game started, so I figured I might as well go through with it.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-06-16 at 10:36 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Oooh, wonder if we can get a unanimous AV vote D1. Would be really bad for town, even if she flips wolf we'd have learned nothing about her fellow scum, but oooh.

And I'll stick to AV until I have compelling evidence to switch. Or until I get bored of it.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Good question. Maybe you, cause this could get a counter wagon going. Plus, it might help me at figuring out if you are townie-paranoid or just trying to steer the lynch.
    Yeah, my evil plan was to create yet another one vote wagon. I'm clever like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    *shrug* I said I’d vote AV before the game started, so I figured I might as well go through with it.
    Fair enough, even if I still think it looks kinda shady (though I think it'd look even worse if it wasn't specifically about AV ).

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    AV self-voting because they don't want to be a wolf yet again? AV self-voting because they're annoyed they're a wagon already? AV self-voting just to screw with my head? I think I'm too tired to even try answering that right now. The color name is a nice touch though.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Tsk tsk. Very lazy to just take my post without giving me any credit.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Tsk tsk. Very lazy to just take my post without giving me any credit.
    I didn't take your post, I just did the same thing. I may as well accuse you of taking my post from recruitment without giving credit.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #52

ClericGuy

Oooh, wonder if we can get a unanimous AV vote D1. Would be really bad for town, even if she flips wolf we'd have learned nothing about her fellow scum, but oooh.

And I'll stick to AV until I have compelling evidence to switch. Or until I get bored of it.
    Nope, not going to happen! I'm not going to vote AV out of principle.

Yeah, my evil plan was to create yet another one vote wagon. I'm clever like that.

AV self-voting because they don't want to be a wolf yet again? AV self-voting because they're annoyed they're a wagon already? AV self-voting just to screw with my head? I think I'm too tired to even try answering that right now. The color name is a nice touch though.
    Hmmm, how many wagons were there at this time? Maybe your only alternative was an ally? Not really buying this, so it's probably true

It's definitely 3. AV is only doing this to screw with you, personally! In fact, we conspired to drive you mad. Mad, I say!
    And agreed about the white text. Although I'm now overthinking things and wondering which role would be the fool AV might have claimed to be.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

It's not a fool claim. That doesn't even make sense.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #54

ClericGuy

It's not a fool claim. That doesn't even make sense.
    Why wouldn't it make sense?
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Why wouldn't it make sense?
    The point of the fool role is that you think you're the seer.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #56

ClericGuy

The point of the fool role is that you think you're the seer.
    There is no fool this game. Unless gac lied in the description. But I could swear that in the first match, someone claimed his role was a kind of fool.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

There is no fool this game. Unless gac lied in the description. But I could swear that in the first match, someone claimed his role was a kind of fool.
    So it not only doesn't make sense to claim fool in general, it doesn't make sense to claim fool for this specific game?

Then why did you expect it to make sense and push back when I said a fool claim would be nonsensical?

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #58

ClericGuy

So it not only doesn't make sense to claim fool in general, it doesn't make sense to claim fool for this specific game?

Then why did you expect it to make sense and push back when I said a fool claim would be nonsensical?
    Cause I said I was wondering which role might be considered a fool. There is no Seer this game either, but it would not be hard to figure out which role is functionality a Seer. (Spoiler alert: it's the child of Apollo with the power of Prophecy).
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

If I were a Roman, you'd know it, because you'd have a list of every filthy Roman we need to kill in my first post and we'd all be dead.

Let's talk about how dumb Rome is.

Latin. It's a bad language. I hate it.
    Their NUMBERS! Sweet gods, their NUMBERS! To say 63 you gotta say LXIII. They don't have symbols for numbers you gotta put a bunch of letters together and do math to see how far you are from the nearest five. Luckily everyone in the formerly roman world saw that the arabs were doing it better and no one uses them anymore.

Rome never did anything inventive or interesting. Everything in Rome is just a watered down, less interesting version of something one of the peoples they conquered did. Case in point: their storytelling. This is really clear with Vergil's Aenead, which is just the Odyssey but more boring. This follows through with their gods, which are just the Greek gods but without all the personality.

Rome was so stupid that some of its cities literally illegalized their own fire departments.

And I have many other complaints that are not forum-safe!
    I mean... If you want to complain about counting... I have strong feelings about the French decision to periodically throw out their system and start counting differently but tis probably not for here.

To be fair to the Romans, wasn't a least some of the fire departments basically a way to scam people out of their property? Which I guess isn't really a defense of Roman, now that I think about it.

And whatever you feel about the Latin language and the Roman numerals, that Latin alphabet is pretty handy. (Okay, so they did steal parts of it, I think, but still).
    In my high school latin class we sang the Latin alphabet and it ended with what literally translates to "and from the Greek we have y and z". So I believe they adapted at least part of it.

No, the Greek alphabet is handy. You know, where the name "alpha bet(a)" comes from? The Latin alphabet added in (or incorporated) redundancies (k and c and s and ph and f) and overcomplications. Every Greek letter starts with the sound it makes. Many latin letters, like C, H, G, and all the vowels make multiple sounds, often their most associated sound ("C says kuh, G says guh") do not appear in the letter at all. Now "O" makes the "ah" sound, E makes no sound, every French word ends in a silent X, nobody knows whether "h" counts as a consonant or not and I'm so angry!
    Fun fact: beta in Latin means "beet"

To be fair there are neutral(s) whose role(s) have not been revealed and dang... A fool in that could have been cool. "Believe you are a child of this god..." But I wouldn't have known what to make a win con for a neutral with a weird power like that

30. - Top - End - #60

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    To be fair there are neutral(s) whose role(s) have not been revealed and dang... A fool in that could have been cool. "Believe you are a child of this god..." But I wouldn't have known what to make a win con for a neutral with a weird power like that
    Oh, cool idea. Thinking to be a half good while being a mere mortal. Victory condition... be effected by x different powers?
    Might be an idea for PJ3.
    Show