New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Percy Jackson Mafia 2

CaoimhinThe Cape, as the first inactive player going up from the bottom of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    GA cause I don't know him
    Ah, you would think that based upon name alone. As the saying goes, do not judge a book by its cover.

GA … give me a sentence which describes your approach to this kind of games.
    A sentence? No, no. I can do better than that and describe myself to boot…

A quiet player under your nose.
    An artful wanderer with endless prose.
    A mercurial fool who comes and goes.
    An avid author whose fun had froze.
    A troubled man ‘twixt joys and sorrows.
    An optimist who shall outlive his woes.
    A defiant soul who seldom bows.
    An old compatriot bearing new clothes.

And as a bonus, ask me a question and I swear, I'll answer truthfully.
    Can you discern my old name?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Arbiter View Post
    I can, but admittedly I didn't bother reading most of the post, I just cheated and went to check.

EDIT: Idk if that counts as "discerning".
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-06-15 at 06:03 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I can, but admittedly I didn't bother reading most of the post, I just cheated and went to check.
    Same here. If anyone's curious but can't be bothered, here's a spoiler.

And with that, I should really go to sleep two hours ago.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

I changed it once, I can change it again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

CaoimhinThe Cape, as the first inactive player going up from the bottom of the list.

Ah, you would think that based upon name alone. As the saying goes, do not judge a book by its cover.

A sentence? No, no. I can do better than that and describe myself to boot…

A quiet player under your nose.
    An artful wanderer with endless prose.
    A mercurial fool who comes and goes.
    An avid author whose fun had froze.
    A troubled man ‘twixt joys and sorrows.
    An optimist who shall outlive his woes.
    A defiant soul who seldom bows.
    An old compatriot bearing new clothes.

Ahh, the moment you said "Don't judge a book by its cover" I remembered something...

Please change my name from “Libro” to “Grand Arbiter”
    So, welcome back. Wait a second, it was you who said their role was a spin of the fool, right? And your role was the parent scry. (And the alignment was wolf, but hey... history might not repeat itself.)

What did I win?

I'm try to copy gacs power IRL now. Good night. And I expect to see another leading wagon by the time I'm back. Please don't disappoint me!

It's totally going to be me isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Kill one of these Ninjas instead!
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Okay, the game has begun, and a lot of IRL stuff happening for me, so I'll try to catch up soon. For the moment, I rolled and landed on 15, so flat_footed will get my vote until/unless things change between now and the end of Day 1.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-06-16 at 10:25 AM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67

Ahh, the moment you said "Don't judge a book by its cover" I remembered something...

So, welcome back.
    Good to be back.

Wait a second, it was you who said their role was a spin of the fool, right? And your role was the parent scry. (And the alignment was wolf, but hey... history might not repeat itself.)
    Yes, that was me. My argument was more-or-less that a role scry in a game with variable-alignment roles yields unreliable information similar to a fool.

Whether I communicated it well at that time I don’t remember, but some unfortunate coincidences kinda screwed the pooch for wolves that game overall. *stares at BatCatHat*

What did I win?
    Depends on how much you figured out before looking at the name request thread :P

Kill one of these Ninjas instead!
    That time of year again. Clean the curtains, open the windows, fumigate for ninjas, etc.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Okay, as much as I'd like to get AV lynched in revenge, we should probably get a second wagon started. As such, I'll join Grand Arbiter in poking CaoimhinTheCape.

If I'm counting right, here's the current vote count:

AvatarVecna (3): Xumtiil, Snowblaze, AvatarVecna
    Elenna (1): Batcathat
    Taffimai (1): Rogan
    Book Wombat (1): flat_footed
    Xumtiil (1): Xihirli
    Zelphas (1): Book Wombat
    BatCatHat (1): Valmark
    Caoimhin (2): Grand Arbiter, Elenna
    flat_footed (1): Zelphas
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

For once I don't have to be the one getting the game moving. Thanks, Rogan and BCH. Thoughts on each other?

I have a few tentative townleans, but no wolfreads except gut pings from Xumtiil and after last game I do not trust my gut when it comes to Xumtiil.

Will be afk for most of today because exams, so have fun and find wolves without me!
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    For once I don't have to be the one getting the game moving. Thanks, Rogan and BCH. Thoughts on each other?
    Probably a slight wolflean on Rogan. Partly because of him defending Elenna (of course, he also kind of has a point), partly because he seems a little trigger-happy about not-quite-accusing me (of course, it's hard to tell how reasonable his suggestions seems to someone who isn't me), partly because the whole fool discussion with AV just seems weird (of course, weird doesn't always mean wolfy and I can't really see any wolfy reasons in this case).

As you can probably tell from the built-in counterpoints, it's not exactly a strong case even all together.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck on the exams, by the way. You're doing way better about staying away-ish from the game than I expected, so that's probably a good sign.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Thanks. Helps that it's still fairly early on, and that I've been asleep. But yeah, I am currently not top poster :D

Speaking of Elenna, do you have an opinion on her switch to Caoimhin?
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks. Helps that it's still fairly early on, and that I've been asleep. But yeah, I am currently not top poster :D

Speaking of Elenna, do you have an opinion on her switch to Caoimhin?
    It's worth noting that even this barely active version of yourself still have more posts than like half the players.

Not sure what to think of the switch. As always, changing something that's been pointed out as suspicious won't win any trust with me. But on the other hand, starting with a less serious vote and then switching after a while is classic D1 behavior. I could see a world where Elenna switches from AV to Cao both to look less suspicious and create another town wagon (in this scenario, both AV and Cao are town. Not sure how likely that actually is) but at this point I think I'm starting to tunnel on Elenna.

Regardless on Elenna's alignment and motive, I'm generally skeptical of wagons on inactive players, since they're a complete shot in the dark and even if it hits a wolf, there's not a lot to learn from it.

13. - Top - End - #73

ClericGuy

Not even 10 posts while I was asleep? I am disappointed!

Good to be back.

Yes, that was me. My argument was more-or-less that a role scry in a game with variable-alignment roles yields unreliable information similar to a fool.

Whether I communicated it well at that time I donÂ’t remember, but some unfortunate coincidences kinda screwed the pooch for wolves that game overall. *stares at BatCatHat*

Depends on how much you figured out before looking at the name request thread :P

That time of year again. Clean the curtains, open the windows, fumigate for ninjas, etc.
    Good, good. So my memory doesn't lie, after all. I guess I wouldn't call this power unreliable, since you will know what you will get. But it's definitely less useful than a regular alignment scry or even the more similar devil-role-scry.

Totally unrelated, I wonder if you will get to counter claim someone this time. It's an highly important tradition, after all!

Well, as I said, as soon as you mentioned a book, I knew my answer. I only went to the name change thread to get confirmation/a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Okay, as much as I'd like to get AV lynched in revenge, we should probably get a second wagon started. As such, I'll join Grand Arbiter in poking CaoimhinTheCape.

If I'm counting right, here's the current vote count:

AvatarVecna (3): Xumtiil, Snowblaze, AvatarVecna
    Elenna (1): Batcathat
    Taffimai (1): Rogan
    Book Wombat (1): flat_footed
    Xumtiil (1): Xihirli
    Zelphas (1): Book Wombat
    BatCatHat (1): Valmark
    Caoimhin (2): Grand Arbiter, Elenna
    flat_footed (1): Zelphas
    Any special reason for picking Cao? Or not picking one of the other 1 vote wagons?

I have a few tentative townleans, but no wolfreads except gut pings from Xumtiil and after last game I do not trust my gut when it comes to Xumtiil.

Will be afk for most of today because exams, so have fun and find wolves without me!
    Well, Bat is vocally suspicious about multiple small things, but doesn't really push them strongly. Which might be a wolf trying to find some victim for a day 1 misslynch without getting too much attention, but it's also quite typical for him as town. Gut can't decide between wolf or town right now. Voting for him might help me getting a stronger read, but from a Meta perspective, I'd rather lynch someone who is not among the top posters (because they are having fun and can help keeping the game going), but still has something to say which can be analysed. But... good luck finding someone like that.

Probably a slight wolflean on Rogan. Partly because of him defending Elenna (of course, he also kind of has a point), partly because he seems a little trigger-happy about not-quite-accusing me (of course, it's hard to tell how reasonable his suggestions seems to someone who isn't me), partly because the whole fool discussion with AV just seems weird (of course, weird doesn't always mean wolfy and I can't really see any wolfy reasons in this case).

As you can probably tell from the built-in counterpoints, it's not exactly a strong case even all together.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck on the exams, by the way. You're doing way better about staying away-ish from the game than I expected, so that's probably a good sign.
    Give me a good case for Elenna and I'm willing to vote her. But I think your case for her is so weak, you might call it nonexistent.
    But it's day 1, so weak cases are to be expected. Something which does ping me a bit is that nobody voted for me yet. I mean, I was practically begging to get voted...

But maybe we can get some better reads on each other without trying to kill us:
    What's your impression on the other Bat Book Wombat ?
    He might fit my Meta criteria for a day 1 lynch. Plus, I did notice something minor about him... I'm interested if I'm the only one.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, forgot to say this:
    Snow, good luck with your exams! You can do this!
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

But it's day 1, so weak cases are to be expected. Something which does ping me a bit is that nobody voted for me yet. I mean, I was practically begging to get voted...

He might fit my Meta criteria for a day 1 lynch. Plus, I did notice something minor about him... I'm interested if I'm the only one.
    Aww poor Rogan. Would you like me to switch to you so you don't feel left out?

As for Wombat - 2 posts in a single game day, and actually honestly responding to a question? I feel spoiled.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Bat is vocally suspicious about multiple small things, but doesn't really push them strongly. Which might be a wolf trying to find some victim for a day 1 misslynch without getting too much attention, but it's also quite typical for him as town. Gut can't decide between wolf or town right now. Voting for him might help me getting a stronger read, but from a Meta perspective, I'd rather lynch someone who is not among the top posters (because they are having fun and can help keeping the game going), but still has something to say which can be analysed. But... good luck finding someone like that.
    In addition to that, I feel like active townies are more likely to go after each other than less active people. Probably because it's easier to find something suspicious in fifteen posts than in two, not to mention that active posters are more on each other's radar than the less active ones. Which may very well play a part in my suspicions against you and Elenna, of course.

Give me a good case for Elenna and I'm willing to vote her. But I think your case for her is so weak, you might call it nonexistent.
    Yeah, it's absolutely a weak case (though non-existent seems harsh) and if you have a better one against someone else, I'm all ears.

Not much. I don't have a lot of trust in my ability to read BW and with only two posts to go on...? That said, I mostly agree with Elenna's possible interpretations of BW's list, though I think I'm landing on some very slight wolfpoints, "Oh, I'm so towny I accidentally made a town team instead of a wolf team" just looks so suspicious (but maybe that's why it's actually towny? ).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I don't think I've noticed whatever you're talking about in regards to BW.

16. - Top - End - #76

ClericGuy

Aww poor Rogan. Would you like me to switch to you so you don't feel left out?

As for Wombat - 2 posts in a single game day, and actually honestly responding to a question? I feel spoiled.
    Only if you give your reasons. "It's funny" is a reason.

In addition to that, I feel like active townies are more likely to go after each other than less active people. Probably because it's easier to find something suspicious in fifteen posts than in two, not to mention that active posters are more on each other's radar than the less active ones. Which may very well play a part in my suspicions against you and Elenna, of course.

Yeah, it's absolutely a weak case (though non-existent seems harsh) and if you have a better one against someone else, I'm all ears.

Not much. I don't have a lot of trust in my ability to read BW and with only two posts to go on...? That said, I mostly agree with Elenna's possible interpretations of BW's list, though I think I'm landing on some very slight wolfpoints, "Oh, I'm so towny I accidentally made a town team instead of a wolf team" just looks so suspicious (but maybe that's why it's actually towny? ).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I don't think I've noticed whatever you're talking about in regards to BW.
    Oh, I agree. Number of posts and the attention you get often have a correlation. Or maybe it's a bathtub curve. Very few posts, and you seem like you want to hide. Many posts and there will be something suspicious. Worst case, the number of posts on its own seems like you want to drown out other voices.

I guess we'll have to disagree on the interpretation of Elennas vote. I doubt a wolf would be so obvious. Plus, her reaction on my weird question for her seemed very calm. I think, a wolf would be a bit nervous if they got singled out like that. But that's a minor point and I fully reserve the right to change my mind in light of some evidence.

Yeah, there is not much to go by for book, but as I've said before, there is something that pings me:

Spoiler: The posts in question
    Show
    Book imagine you are a child of Neptune. Which 3 powers do you pick and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post

Hrrmmm... Maybe the following?

- Child of Neptune: Healing Waters
    - Child of Jupiter: Divine Friendship
    - Child of Vulcan: Scanner
    - Child of Pluto: Command the Dead

Divine Friendship means two people can always be baned, and Scanner means that it would be possible to bane more every second night. Command the Dead for utility. But now that I think about it, this setup would be better if it was for town. Huh, oops.

- Child of Neptune: Ancient Ancestors
    - Child of Bacchus: Drunken Madness
    - Child of Venus: Charmspeak
    - Child of Vulcan: Fire

Maybe??

I ask him for three powers and get two sets of four. One Neptune power (is it even possible to choose this? Gac? Can you tell us if a Child of Neptune could pick his own power from the two options given to this parent? ) and three additional powers.

I am sitting here, wondering if this is a wolf slip, with secret knowledge of the number of wolves. Or a different interpretation of the question.

Three wolves for 15 players would be like the championship. (Oh... did I miss another match by our resident champion? I didn't check MU for some time...) So maybe a bit low for the playground and an all power game. But add in at least one neutral and the small extra power they got, it seems possible.
    Four wolves is certainly a valid option as well and I think, if Book flips wolf, that's what we should expect.

I feel worse about this case, cause nobody else commented on this and my perspective is influenced by the fact that I asked the question in the first place.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess we'll have to disagree on the interpretation of Elennas vote. I doubt a wolf would be so obvious. Plus, her reaction on my weird question for her seemed very calm. I think, a wolf would be a bit nervous if they got singled out like that. But that's a minor point and I fully reserve the right to change my mind in light of some evidence.
    Yeah, "Would a wolf be this obvious?" is definitely an argument in favor of Elenna being town, maybe BW too. Though its worth keeping in mind that what is obvious is pretty subjective. Like last game, when I thought Xum's slip about having a power role was so obvious I didn't think twice about commenting on it, but some people had missed it.

Being calm is easy enough to fake in a PBP game, so I don't give too much weight to reactions like that (I even have an example specifically involving Elenna, when flat accused her of being a cultist in WoP, she naturally got nervous in the wolfchat, but played it cool in the thread).

I ask him for three powers and get two sets of four. One Neptune power (is it even possible to choose this? Gac? Can you tell us if a Child of Neptune could pick his own power from the two options given to this parent? ) and three additional powers.
    That is interesting. I'm leaning towards it being a misunderstanding rather than a slip, but it absolutely could be the latter. Four wolves seems like a lot for the number of players, but it's possible, especially since gac mentioned wanting to make the game less townsided.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: If you're reading this, I triple-dog dare you to fake claim

Got bored, decided to discuss mech while I wait to die.

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Divine Judge: Each night you may secure one player. Secured players can neither target, nor be targetted.
    Bane+void. Useful to either team.

Divine Friendship: Each night choose one person. Any power that targets one of you, will target both of you.
    On town side, this is sorta like "better Lovers". Not only is the person you're linked to each night your choice (including choosing nobody at all if that's better), but the connection shares targeting powers besides kills. There's an increased risk of getting hit by a night-kill or a void, but there's far more powers on town's side of things, and some of those getting doubled (scries in particular) is a godsend for town.

On wolf side, I'd honestly feel pretty ripped off if I got this power. If I target a fellow wolf, I'm taking a miniscule chance of sharing something like a bane with them, in exchange for risking a double-vig, double-void, or double-scry on wolf team. Town can take that risk because there's far more townies, and the benefits of doubling good powers outweighs the disadvantages of doubling bad ones. But for wolves, there's so few powers flying around they want to be targeted by, that sharing that with another wolf is essentially throwing. Using this power on a townie isn't much better: "if I'm voided, so is the seer" is decent, but only if you know who the seer is...and then you could just NK them. "If I'm vig'd, so is the necromancer" has similar issues. The issue is that it opens you up to additional avenues of attack - if the vig kills the necromancer, or if the seer gets voided directly, that splashes onto you. And because there's more town than scum, 1 scum getting killed for 1 townie getting killed (or 1 of each getting voided) is always going to skew in town's favor.

Jupiter - Divine Leadership: As leader of your team, you are able to select the players on your team.
    Any reason for a wolf to pick a person is a reason for that person to be scried/vig'd/lynched early. Getting scried/vig'd/lynched early because people suspect they were picked for wolf team is a reason not to pick them. If there is no particular reason to pick somebody for your wolf team, you should pick them, since nobody will suspect you to have picked a player with no upsides to picking them. Except now that I've mentioned this, people may well suspect exactly that.

Don't trick yourself into overthinking this. This is WIFOM in its purest form. And the thing about the WIFOM scene from the movie: both cups are poisoned, the only winning move is not to play. If you're wasting time thinking yourself in circles over the possible 5D chess a potential jupiter wolf might be playing, you're not spending that time thinking about whether people are being consistent in their stated motivations or actions. There is maybe value in picking a glass of wine to drink if we get a confirmed Jupiter wolf, and have a few other flips under our belt to calibrate our wine-tasting, but going over any of those possibilities until such an event occurs would just be a giant waste of time.

Healing Waters: Each night target one person and they will be immune to night kills. Cannot target the same person consecutively. (No feedback)
    More likely to be town than wolf, but not a guarantee.

Ancient Ancestors: Each night you may hide behind another player as an animal. Actionss that target you will target them, but if one of you dies in the night, you both will.
    Could be useful to any alignment, but tbh feels more like a scum power than a town power.

Neptune - Big Influence: You may select which Roman powers your team is made up of.
    I'm assuming that if somebody rolls Child Of Neptune, they don't get to pick the parents of their fellow wolves, only the powers they manifest. In such a scenario, this is useful for making sure wolf team gets powers that are actually useful to them.

Twin: You know who the other child of Demeter is and begin with private communication.
    Twin: You know who the other child of Demeter is and begin with private communication.
    Last game, this was considered basically lock-town. There's either two demeter, or zero, and if there's two, they're both town, because it'd be a bastard move to make somebody's entire power "you have a mason buddy, except they're actually a wolf and you dont know that". While that remains the case here (it'd be a bastard move), it's also a move whose possibility is pointed out in the next power:

Ceres - Evil Twin: You are actually a child of Ceres.
    I'd probably be miffed if I rolled either of these tbh.

Hard to Kill: The first time you would die, you instead don’t.
    Useful for either side.

Deadly Bodyguard: You choose someone to target each night. If they would die, then you die instead, taking the attacker with you. Cannot target the same person consecutively.
    Combined a martyr with a beast. I'm pretty sure if somebody rolls Mars/Deadly Bodyguard, they're legally allowed to strangle the narrator. If the vig dies D1, your power does nothing for the rest of the game. If the vig doesn't target scum, your power does nothing. If the vig targets you, your power does nothing. If the vig doesn't target the same scumbuddy you did, your power does nothing. If the vig targeted the same scumbuddy you did, you've turned what would've been a kill on scum into a scum+town kill. That's...making the best of a bad situation, but like 90% of the time your power does nothing. And in some of that 10%, your power does worse than nothing - if the vig told anybody (publicly or privately) who they were targeting prior to doing their NK, you've not only died, you've put a target on the scumbuddy you were "protecting". And because this game can have watchers, motion detectors, and necromancers, this could still happen even if the vig didn't tell anybody beforehand.

Mars - Deadly Efficient: Every other night, if you perform the Roman kill, you cannot be blocked by healing waters.
    Just what the baner needed, to be worse at their job.

Combat Awareness: Each night target one person and learn their parent.
    Useful for either team.

Trained in Tracking: Each night target one person and learn who they targeted.
    Useful for either team.

Minerva - Forward Planner: You begin with knowledge of x number of roles not filled by town.
    In a game with so many possible powers (22, not including wolf passives or unlisted neutral powers), wolves will know where three of them are, and will also know a number that aren't anywhere, giving them a better idea of what powers could be out against them. Each townie, meanwhile, only knows 1 power of 22 that definitely (well, probably) isn't also on wolf team, but they're just guessing blindly outside of that. In a game of "informed minority vs uninformed majority", this allows the wolves to have an even bigger information advantage than usual. This is without even touching on the possibility of fakeclaims - just knowing what powers are definitely not out against them gives wolves an edge in planning out their strategy.

Prophecy: Each night target one person and learn their alignment.
    Way more useful for town than scum, even if you know for a fact the game has neutrals.

Well Loved: You count as having one few vote on you for the purposes of determining if you are lynched.
    Useful regardless of alignment, although not exactly very fun when your whole power is passive.

Apollo - Unimaginative Father: You will always scry to any alignment/parent scry as Child of Apollo.
    The other half of the classic alpha wolf package from what Jupiter got. Makes the game harder to just solve mechanically, which I kinda like.

Scanner: Any power used on you grants you a single charge of that power.
    An easy force multiplier. I could see this being either team, honestly. The real downside is that you don't get to pick if you get targeted, so you've gotta pull a fun trick to get real use out of this (and after what happened last game, that same trick isn't likely to work twice). I could see having a lot of fun with this power on wolf team.

Fire: Each night choose one person to die.
    I'm not saying this power can't be assigned to scum, but if it is, that game is gonna be rough for town. Two scum-NKs per night is about as devastating for town as two scries per night is for scumteam.

Vulcan - Booster: Your Hephaestus power is stronger than normal.
    Hard to judge, since there's basically nothing here. I can only imagine the Fire boost is punching through banes, but if there's two scum-NKs per night, one of them punching through banes is just adding insult to injury. And there's no really obvious boost for the Scanner power. Maybe extra uses of each power that targets you? Doesn't feel punchy enough when there's only so many nights.

Charmspeak: Each night choose one person. The following day, you privately pick who they vote for.
    Useful for either team, although I think it's more aligned with scum than town, personally.

French Speaking: Once per game you may trigger a GM activated confirmation of your alignment and role.
    If I had read the rules ahead of time, I would've assumed I'd be assigned Venus/French Speaking, which is another role assignment that gives you legal permission to murder the narrator. I mean, I'd still use the power, because that would be hilarious.

Venus - Social Butterfly: Each night you receive knowledge of a random town role that is in play.[/quote]

If Neptune gets to pick parents and powers, there's a decent case for picking Minerva/Combat Awareness and Venus/Charmspeak. Just get all the town-role-knowledge.

Watcher: Each night target one person and learn who targeted them.
    Useful for either team, although feels more town-aligned?

Messenger: Each night choose one person to receive an anonymous message of your choice. (Some restrictions may apply, AV)
    Useful for either team. Also, it's not nice to tell people what my power is, gac.

Mercury - Traveller: You cannot be targetted by night abilities.
    Auto-self-bane that works on everything. That's...pretty good.

Drunken Revelry: Each night choose one person to get drunk with. They will not be able to use any powers that night.
    Straightforward Void. Slightly more useful for scum than town, but still pretty good for town.

Drunken Madness: Each night choose one person and redirect their power to another person of your choice.
    I can see this being useful for town in the right circumstances, but my guess is that in 99% of games with this power, regardless of which team it's on it just makes chaos that works in scumteam's favor.

Bacchus - Party Animal: Anyone who targets you will believe they were a victim of drunken revelry.
    I think this is an auto-void ability that works on anybody who targets you? But I'm not sure.

Commune with Dead: You can see and speak in the dead chat.
    Useful for either team.

Command the Dead: Each night, choose one dead role and activate their power. You may only use each power once.
    Useful for either team.

Pluto - Even in Death: Your death reveal will always reveal you as town.
    I am...unfond of powers that screw with death reveals. We'll see how this goes, I suppose.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-06-16 at 09:29 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Ok, maybe I misread the rules but I feel like I'm not on the same page as the rest of you.

I thought the wolves only had the "red powers", and town could have either of the "non-red" powers, so this entire discussion of which "town powers" would work best for wolves seems weird to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Otherwise you wouldn't be scrying as a wolf if you don't have the power with the Roman parentage in front of it, no?

- - - Updated - - -

Or do Romans get the red one *on top of* one of the Greek powers?

20. - Top - End - #80

ClericGuy

Yeah, "Would a wolf be this obvious?" is definitely an argument in favor of Elenna being town, maybe BW too. Though its worth keeping in mind that what is obvious is pretty subjective. Like last game, when I thought Xum's slip about having a power role was so obvious I didn't think twice about commenting on it, but some people had missed it.

Being calm is easy enough to fake in a PBP game, so I don't give too much weight to reactions like that (I even have an example specifically involving Elenna, when flat accused her of being a cultist in WoP, she naturally got nervous in the wolfchat, but played it cool in the thread).

That is interesting. I'm leaning towards it being a misunderstanding rather than a slip, but it absolutely could be the latter. Four wolves seems like a lot for the number of players, but it's possible, especially since gac mentioned wanting to make the game less townsided.
    Why BW? The possible slip about the number of wolves was only noticed by me (unless someone else saw it as well and kept quiet), so I wouldn't call it obvious. Especially since you didn't spot it, despite knowing there was something I found worthwhile to point out.
    Please note this is not supposed to be an attack, I just want to make sure I didn't miss oder misunderstood something.

I don't put much weight on it either, but it's enough for me to give her some day 1 lean.

I think, last time there were 4 wolves in 21 players? Elenna, Xi, Libro and Snow. A bunch of neutrals as well. At least 4? I think, one had to kill a specific wolf, Jeen had to kill a wolf (xi) and me (Town). One had to create a tie and resolve it. And one needed access to QTs.
    So... 4/21 ≈ 20% wolves, 20% neutrals and 60% Town. With the neutrals being town sided.

3/15 = 20% which would be nearly the same percentage of wolves than last time. But it feels likely there are less neutrals this time, which would give town an advantage.
    4/15 ≈ 26% assuming 2 neutrals we would have another 13% for 60% town. This doesn't seem unreasonable.

Please check my math.

AV, I've seen your post. I don't think it's wolfy, but by our parents... It makes me want to lynch you for your ignorance regarding the recruitment thread. Not going to do this, but I am annoyed...

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, maybe I misread the rules but I feel like I'm not on the same page as the rest of you.

I thought the wolves only had the "red powers", and town could have either of the "non-red" powers, so this entire discussion of which "town powers" would work best for wolves seems weird to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Otherwise you wouldn't be scrying as a wolf if you don't have the power with the Roman parentage in front of it, no?

- - - Updated - - -

Or do Romans get the red one *on top of* one of the Greek powers?
    This power is passive and should not give any extra actions. ((If I messed this up, please inform me.)) When roles are being randomized, wolves (or Roman halfbloods) will receive one of the two options available to all players as well as the Roman passive.
    The red wolf power is in addition to the normal power.
    Also, I'm reminded of our scum game, where you asked a mech question and I answered. Which, according to Taffi, means we have to be a wolf team.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Honestly that makes it much more likely to be a 3 man wolf team - considering that there's one that is immune at night, one that punches through banes by default, one that flips as town when killed... Plenty of difficulty there already.

Of course, I've heard that previous Percy Jackson was a town cakewalk, so it could be that Gac overshot the compensation and this is going to be a scum slaughterhouse.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Why BW? The possible slip about the number of wolves was only noticed by me (unless someone else saw it as well and kept quiet), so I wouldn't call it obvious. Especially since you didn't spot it, despite knowing there was something I found worthwhile to point out.
    Please note this is not supposed to be an attack, I just want to make sure I didn't miss oder misunderstood something.
    Ah, sorry. The potentially too obvious part of the case against BW was meant to be the "Oops, I made a town team" part, not the part you discovered.

And speaking of potential cases of wolves playing up their ignorance to look towny, now I kinda suspect Xum over that. I already miss having him as the only one I didn't suspect among the top posters (I don't suspect AV for any particular reason, just my baseline level of never trusting them completely).

23. - Top - End - #83

ClericGuy

Honestly that makes it much more likely to be a 3 man wolf team - considering that there's one that is immune at night, one that punches through banes by default, one that flips as town when killed... Plenty of difficulty there already.

Of course, I've heard that previous Percy Jackson was a town cakewalk, so it could be that Gac overshot the compensation and this is going to be a scum slaughterhouse.

As said in the recruitment thread, the immunity is as much of a bane as a boon. Anybody who should get a result for the night action but doesn't will raise some questions.
    And the power to avoid banes is limited to one specific power. And it's not active every night.
    I don't think these examples are overwhelming, even for a 4 wolf team. And, as my math (assuming it's correct) has shown, 4 wolves and 2 neutrals would result in appropriately the same percentage of town players than last time.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, sorry. The potentially too obvious part of the case against BW was meant to be the "Oops, I made a town team" part, not the part you discovered.

And speaking of potential cases of wolves playing up their ignorance to look towny, now I kinda suspect Xum over that. I already miss having him as the only one I didn't suspect among the top posters (I don't suspect AV for any particular reason, just my baseline level of never trusting them completely).
    Thanks for the clarification. I didn't have any kind of strong reaction to this, but it might be because it's overshadowed by the 4 person team which pinged me. I think, Elenna said she though it was townie, while you had the opposite reaction?

I definitely can see Xum faking ignorance. I might want to take a look at Afterlife, to have a Town game to compare him with. Although I do remember he had a reaction to the missing kill I immediately thought wolfy, cause it was missing many possibilities.
    So, no offense Xum, but maybe you need to upgrade your mech game .

I guess, if I had to vote right now, it would be Book. Not strongly opposed to Xum either, but if given the choice between them, I'd pick book first. I could even see a vague team in them, with Xum trying to cover up the slip of an ally, but that's a very far stretch right now.

I'd rather not vote for Elenna today, but that's not a very strong feeling, so if someone wants to explain why I should vote for her, go on.

Bat.. I'm not sure about your alignment, but I feel good at not going after you because you are active and town needs active players. Even if they might be a wolf.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Saw this question and wanted to answer:

Gac? Can you tell us if a Child of Neptune could pick his own power from the two options given to this parent

They get no say on their own power. The Romans get a red power and a Greek power but the Neptune only chooses the Roman one. The Greek one is still random in that situation.

25. - Top - End - #85

ClericGuy

Saw this question and wanted to answer:

Gac? Can you tell us if a Child of Neptune could pick his own power from the two options given to this parent

They get no say on their own power. The Romans get a red power and a Greek power but the Neptune only chooses the Roman one. The Greek one is still random in that situation.
    Oh, good to know. Thanks for the clarification and sorry if I confused anybody.

Thinking about the implications of this, but it's probably not worth to stress this until we have more info.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86

(: Day One is always easier. Not much need for speed read.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh okay, all the better for us then!
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2022-06-16 at 08:15 AM.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

27. - Top - End - #87

Hi. I wasn't online yesterday so just catching up now, but at least I only missed about 24 hours. When does Day 1 end? I should be able to catch up in the next few hours?

28. - Top - End - #88

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Hi. I wasn't online yesterday so just catching up now, but at least I only missed about 24 hours. When does Day 1 end? I should be able to catch up in the next few hours?
    Quote Originally Posted by Discord
    @everyone The thread is submitted and just awaiting approval. I forgot to say in the thread but you will have until Friday at 7ish AM for day one. (potentially postponed if the thread is not approved quickly).

I will shut down this either once I go to sleep or the thread is approved. Whichever happens first
    Welcome Cao. Don't worry, you still got time.
    If you notice some wird colors that's what you get from missing the Discord discussion
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

I definitely can see Xum faking ignorance. I might want to take a look at Afterlife, to have a Town game to compare him with. Although I do remember he had a reaction to the missing kill I immediately thought wolfy, cause it was missing many possibilities.
    So, no offense Xum, but maybe you need to upgrade your mech game .
    I know you might forget since I've been an active player, but this is my third game. I'm going to miss things that are obvious to more seasoned players (and do stupid posts, like the derp "I got a PR" one from last game).
    That being said, you're lucky I have a scum game and a town game you can fall back on, but I'm probably still going to be hard to read, at least for a little while longer (especially for Snow, apparently)

30. - Top - End - #90

ClericGuy

I know you might forget since I've been an active player, but this is my third game. I'm going to miss things that are obvious to more seasoned players (and do stupid posts, like the derp "I got a PR" one from last game).
    That being said, you're lucky I have a scum game and a town game you can fall back on, but I'm probably still going to be hard to read, at least for a little while longer (especially for Snow, apparently)
    Yeah, I know. And honestly, I think you are doing a good job, all things considered. My previous criticism was not really serious, in case this wasn't clear.

One problem with reading you is, your wolf game was quite good (it didn't pay out in the end, but you fooled most players) and it was your first game, so you have set yourself a high bar.
    I think, you are quite observant. You noticed the problem with the number of cowboys (good job) and a quick skimming of day 1 in Afterlife showed me you noticed the part about bolding votes. So, I'm going to assume you did read the rules this time as well, so you should have known that the Roman powers are an addition, not a replacement.

But yeah, you don't have as much experience as other players, so it might be an honest mistake. If it is... well, sorry for suspecting you. See it as a compliment.
    Show