1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Percy Jackson Mafia 2

Oh, hey, this started.

Snowblaze

Have you claimed child of Ariadne yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    I know you might forget since I've been an active player, but this is my third game. I'm going to miss things that are obvious to more seasoned players (and do stupid posts, like the derp "I got a PR" one from last game).
    That being said, you're lucky I have a scum game and a town game you can fall back on, but I'm probably still going to be hard to read, at least for a little while longer (especially for Snow, apparently)
    I take this as a challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

On non-Xum takes:
    I know who one wolf is.

Points to who can guess and bonus points if they can guess why.

- - - Updated - - -

And before someone says it:

No. No it's not Snow.

Snow vote is a meme.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2022-06-16 at 09:46 AM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, let's start catching up.
    AvatarVecna, because the Greek had no gum.
    What reference am I not getting? If there's any?
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    We're like five minutes in and we already have an AV wagon? That's even faster than usual.

I'm going with Xihirli, mainly because it seems likely that Jupiter/gac/fate would've made her a Roman after her outspoken anti-Roman attiude.
    Agreed, though it has become kind of usual to vote AV. It's an habit that really screws up reading the first wagon, as it is pointed out later in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Strange that gac, a neutral, flipped green...

Also, who's up to try to make gac win instead of playing the normal victory condition?

Also, for fun and cause she wasn't reported as dead:
    Taffi
    Honestly, that does sound fun. But the amount of cohordination and trust required between multiple people of different factions makes it kinda hard to think about until endgame (talking about making gac3 win).
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    We’ll see what colours townies flip in the future, I guess. Since this isn’t supposed to be a bastard game I figure gac is probably just using green for neutral and blue for town.

I’m not going to aim for gac to win but if I’m alive at endgame and it looks like a reasonable possibility I might consider it.
    Although the idea of figuring out just the right combination of powers to kill everyone sounds fun. But we’d need the wolves’ cooperation, probably.
    +1 all this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Can I claim towncred because my colour is bluish, then?

And I've lost one game to the narrator and would rather not try to lose another. Sorry gac.
    No.

Also boooh, sore loser :p (jk)
    Before re-reading the thread I thought I had forgotten some reference, but it does look completely unrelated.

Funny ten seconds though (or homewever long it was).

As fun as psychoanalyzing Xi's feelings for Rome is, I'm gonna switch to Elenna. A wagon appearing that quickly makes me nervous and while Xum and Snow probably voted independent of each other, judging by the time, Elenna voted AV who already had two votes (out of four votes total, one which was on the non-playing Taff) which seems like a weird move to make for meta/joke reasons. Yes, the first votes of D1 are rarely based on much and lynching AV is a natural reaction to last game, but with no suspicions against anyone else, it's enough for me.
    I always read those evil Rogman's...
    I feel like Elenna wouldn't jump the wagon as a wolf, since it's very obvious. But I might be wrong.
    Both good points. Based on the quote immediately below this sentence, I'm gonna go with alignment unindicative.

*shrug* I said I’d vote AV before the game started, so I figured I might as well go through with it.

3. - Top - End - #93

Oh nevermind I have two wolf reads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Arbiter View Post
    CaoimhinThe Cape, as the first inactive player going up from the bottom of the list.

Ah, you would think that based upon name alone. As the saying goes, do not judge a book by its cover.

A sentence? No, no. I can do better than that and describe myself to boot…

A quiet player under your nose.
    An artful wanderer with endless prose.
    A mercurial fool who comes and goes.
    An avid author whose fun had froze.
    A troubled man ‘twixt joys and sorrows.
    An optimist who shall outlive his woes.
    A defiant soul who seldom bows.
    An old compatriot bearing new clothes.

Can you discern my old name?
    GA isn't being voted out today.

I will say nothing more on it.

- - - Updated - - -

My only complaint is the

"A troubled man ‘twixt joys and sorrows.
    An optimist who shall outlive his woes."

line feels like it misses meter.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

4. - Top - End - #94

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    On non-Xum takes:
    I know who one wolf is.

Points to who can guess and bonus points if they can guess why.
    I hope it's book because he answered with 4 wolves. By the way, what can you do with those points, just in case I'm right?
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Okay, the game has begun, and a lot of IRL stuff happening for me, so I'll try to catch up soon. For the moment, I rolled and landed on 15, so flat_footed will get my vote until/unless things change between now and the end of Day 1.
    Now there's two of them!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm here. Been reading (but need to reread the last page or two in better detail), but didn't want to post until I successfully got into the Discord and figured out my role/faction.

Not much to say except I don't really care for the AV wagon currently.

@gac3: does the wolf!Dionysious power actually invalidate the targeting done by whoever targets the wolf, or does it just make them get feedback like they were voided?
    Sometimes this is mechanically the same.
    E.g., if a seer/info-gatherer targets, they get feedback they were drunk. Seems like they were voided, and effectively they were. But I guess a tracker/watcher could still see what happened.
    But if they were a vig, they'd get feedback they were drunk but would the wolf die or did the vig-shot get stopped?

7. - Top - End - #97

I hope it's book because he answered with 4 wolves. By the way, what can you do with those points, just in case I'm right?
    Um.

I... I will work out something.

I think.

Can I get back to you on that?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

I'm unclear on why BW saying 4 wolves is scummy? Seems pretty reasonable to me, especially if there's also a neutral in the mix again. Like I'm not getting TMI vibes from it, it just seems like BW having a decent sense for how big scum teams are.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #99

ClericGuy

Now there's two of them!
    Didn't you have two before?
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Um.

I think.

Given witnessed performance in previous games, I too am curious as to whether you are capable of getting back to people on their questions.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'm unclear on why BW saying 4 wolves is scummy? Seems pretty reasonable to me, especially if there's also a neutral in the mix again. Like I'm not getting TMI vibes from it, it just seems like BW having a decent sense for how big scum teams are.
    I think the idea is that Rogan asked for specifically three powers and BW answered with four. But yeah, even compared to my "case" against Elenna, I don't think it's a very strong one (together with the accidental(?) towniness of the first list, it's a little stronger but BW wouldn't be my first choice for the lynch at the moment).

12. - Top - End - #102

Oh also yeah nah that wasn't my read.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't you have two before?
    No.

That was a Star Wars Episode 1 meme about there's two people who use dice to decide D1 vote.

It was not wolf reads.

- - - Updated - - -

Given witnessed performance in previous games, I too am curious as to whether you are capable of getting back to people on their questions.
    This made me giggle.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and re: whoever brought up champs games, the Semis are in July/August and that's when I'll have my next game.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel significantly not smug about one of my wolfreads and it feels bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Me: Makes quote wall by responding to things

Also me: Do I have to read Valmark's quote wall to get a read on them?

13. - Top - End - #103

ClericGuy

Um.

I think.

Sure, take your time.

"Hey, name three powers" "Sure, here are four powers (and another four)"
    Why would you name four powers when asked about three? Maybe cause you know there are four wolves.
    If I hadn't asked for a specific number, getting four powers would not be a problem. But I did and this part was not addressed at all. That's what's bothering me.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104

Sure, take your time.

Why would you name four powers when asked about three? Maybe cause you know there are four wolves.
    If I hadn't asked for a specific number, getting four powers would not be a problem. But I did and this part was not addressed at all. That's what's bothering me.
    I'm not going to lie, I didn't even notice that you said "three" in your post.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm giving no points to people for guessing the Elenna wolf read because like, several other people have said exactly that already before I even arrived and so it's not as cool a thing to guess anymore.

The other super secret wolfread remains in play.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, take your time.

Actually wait.

Rogan

This is disingenuous as hell and trumps my secret wolfread.

- - - Updated - - -

Book imagine you are a child of Neptune. Which 3 powers do you pick and why?
    "Man, why would someone who was told they were 1 wolf role and told to pick 3 powers make a list of 4 including the original wolf role they thought they were. Has to be because they have TMI guys, let's vote them out and see!!!"

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh I would even say that Rogan being hyper aware of the four people thing is more TMI-y than Book's response.

And even then that's a bad take and no one should vote Rogan for that.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2022-06-16 at 08:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I feel like we learn a little bit if Batcathat, Elenna, or Book Wombat die, based on how others have talked about them and how some of them have talked about others. At least, if one flips wolf, it gives some info. I don't get much feeling of learning much from others' deaths.

I'm choosing which one to vote for loose reasons. Weak reasonings, but it's D1.
    Elenna died D1 last game, so seems unfair to lynch her D1 this game without strong reason.
    Book Wombat is as reticent as usual, and while I find the "posted 4 powers instead of 3" as maybe suspicious, it's not strongly suspicious.
    Batcathat is more talkative than normal and maybe more consistent, which could be townread (as different from last game posting style when he flipped wolf) but could be trying to be different because he doesn't want to seem wolfy.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh I would even say that Rogan being hyper aware of the four people thing is more TMI-y than Book's response.

And even then that's a bad take and no one should vote Rogan for that.
    Is writing "Rogan" in the last sentence a typo and you meant Book Wombat? Since you are voting Rogan for that, right?

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Right, survived today's exams and have very briefly skimread stuff. As in, so briefly I only half know what's going on.

- BCH, talk me through "I largely agree with Elenna's analysis except I reach the opposite conclusion"?

- I claimed Child of Ariadne in the recruitment thread. That counts, right?

- mildly disagree with suspicion of Elenna because I don't think the case is particularly strong + she was one of my tentative townleans because I agreed with her interpretation of the Wombat thing and vaguely liked her reaction to pressure. But hopefully now I can do better than tentative.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #107

ClericGuy

I think the idea is that Rogan asked for specifically three powers and BW answered with four. But yeah, even compared to my "case" against Elenna, I don't think it's a very strong one (together with the accidental(?) towniness of the first list, it's a little stronger but BW wouldn't be my first choice for the lynch at the moment).
    Correct.
    Who would you be your first choice and why Elenna?

Oh also yeah nah that wasn't my read.

- - - Updated - - -

No.

That was a Star Wars Episode 1 meme about there's two people who use dice to decide D1 vote.

It was not wolf reads.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and re: whoever brought up champs games, the Semis are in July/August and that's when I'll have my next game.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel significantly not smug about one of my wolfreads and it feels bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Me: Makes quote wall by responding to things

Also me: Do I have to read Valmark's quote wall to get a read on them?
    Too bad. I'd feel good if I finally had a good read day 1.

Ah, okay. Sorry for the confusion.

Here, that's me! Thanks for letting me know. Glad I didn't miss anything important about Champs. Well, important is relative regarding some online game, but you know what I mean.

Sometimes, I wish I could read your mind. A few seconds later I'm glad I can't, cause I'd surely get a headache! Anyway, I'd like to get your reads with some time to spare to discuss them.

I don't know? Do you?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Is writing "Rogan" in the last sentence a typo and you meant Book Wombat? Since you are voting Rogan for that, right?
    No.

I'm voting Rogan because their treatment of the whole scenario reads opportunistic and bad faith.

- - - Updated - - -

- I claimed Child of Ariadne in the recruitment thread. That counts, right?
    Not good enough.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Rogan, talk me through why you thought you were "begging to be voted" last page? Also is the "why is it Elenna" thing a serious question?

Fine, bladescape, I hardclaim Child of Ariadne but also it's purely for the memes and I'm probably lying. Will that do?

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #110

Rogan, talk me through why you thought you were "begging to be voted" last page? Also is the "why is it Elenna" thing a serious question?

Fine, bladescape, I hardclaim Child of Ariadne but also it's purely for the memes and I'm probably lying. Will that do?
    I'm so proud of you.

(Read my comment about how Rogan treated the BW thing and lemme know if you agree.)

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh, wonder if we can get a unanimous AV vote D1. Would be really bad for town, even if she flips wolf we'd have learned nothing about her fellow scum, but oooh.

And I'll stick to AV until I have compelling evidence to switch. Or until I get bored of it.
    I sure hope not. While AV can die (someone has to) it being unanimous would be awful like you said, especially if based on the fun of it.
    Nope, not going to happen! I'm not going to vote AV out of principle.

Hmmm, how many wagons were there at this time? Maybe your only alternative was an ally? Not really buying this, so it's probably true

It's definitely 3. AV is only doing this to screw with you, personally! In fact, we conspired to drive you mad. Mad, I say!
    And agreed about the white text. Although I'm now overthinking things and wondering which role would be the fool AV might have claimed to be.
    It's not a fool claim. That doesn't even make sense.
    Initially I red it as 'If AV was a fool, what would they fake claim?' but the following conversation kinda ****ed it up for me. So @Rogan, what was that all about? I didn't get a clear detail of your reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post

To be fair there are neutral(s) whose role(s) have not been revealed and dang... A fool in that could have been cool. "Believe you are a child of this god..." But I wouldn't have known what to make a win con for a neutral with a weird power like that
    I don't know if it was obvious to you all but knowing neutrals are definitely in game is a great plus to me.
    Same here. If anyone's curious but can't be bothered, here's a spoiler.

And with that, I should really go to sleep two hours ago.
    OOOOOOOOH.
    Okay, as much as I'd like to get AV lynched in revenge, we should probably get a second wagon started. As such, I'll join Grand Arbiter in poking CaoimhinTheCape.

If I'm counting right, here's the current vote count:

AvatarVecna (3): Xumtiil, Snowblaze, AvatarVecna
    Elenna (1): Batcathat
    Taffimai (1): Rogan
    Book Wombat (1): flat_footed
    Xumtiil (1): Xihirli
    Zelphas (1): Book Wombat
    BatCatHat (1): Valmark
    Caoimhin (2): Grand Arbiter, Elenna
    flat_footed (1): Zelphas
    Poking an inactive and building a counterwagon is definitely a good move.

Not something a wolf wouldn't do, but gotta start somewhere. Though I would disagree against lynching an inactive (I think Cao posted later, still need to reread to there).
    In addition to that, I feel like active townies are more likely to go after each other than less active people. Probably because it's easier to find something suspicious in fifteen posts than in two, not to mention that active posters are more on each other's radar than the less active ones. Which may very well play a part in my suspicions against you and Elenna, of course.
    +1 to this.

Oh, I agree. Number of posts and the attention you get often have a correlation. Or maybe it's a bathtub curve. Very few posts, and you seem like you want to hide. Many posts and there will be something suspicious. Worst case, the number of posts on its own seems like you want to drown out other voices.

I guess we'll have to disagree on the interpretation of Elennas vote. I doubt a wolf would be so obvious. Plus, her reaction on my weird question for her seemed very calm. I think, a wolf would be a bit nervous if they got singled out like that. But that's a minor point and I fully reserve the right to change my mind in light of some evidence.

I ask him for three powers and get two sets of four. One Neptune power (is it even possible to choose this? Gac? Can you tell us if a Child of Neptune could pick his own power from the two options given to this parent? ) and three additional powers.

I am sitting here, wondering if this is a wolf slip, with secret knowledge of the number of wolves. Or a different interpretation of the question.

Three wolves for 15 players would be like the championship. (Oh... did I miss another match by our resident champion? I didn't check MU for some time...) So maybe a bit low for the playground and an all power game. But add in at least one neutral and the small extra power they got, it seems possible.
    Four wolves is certainly a valid option as well and I think, if Book flips wolf, that's what we should expect.

I feel worse about this case, cause nobody else commented on this and my perspective is influenced by the fact that I asked the question in the first place.
    What's a bathtub curve?

Wolves claiming their real role is a thing that happens, never consider anything too obvious.

Also to be fair, if I'm told to think of a set of three powers as a child of Neptune that either implies four people or that the Neptune child stops being one.
    Given that it says 'Roman' powers though definitely not getting to pick Greek ones I think. I'm not super sure wether this is Towny as a wolf would know how it works, Wolfy for pretending to get it wrong, or null because distraction happens.

Honestly that makes it much more likely to be a 3 man wolf team - considering that there's one that is immune at night, one that punches through banes by default, one that flips as town when killed... Plenty of difficulty there already.

Of course, I've heard that previous Percy Jackson was a town cakewalk, so it could be that Gac overshot the compensation and this is going to be a scum slaughterhouse.

A what?

Also with random roles I wouldn't rely on the difficulty created by specific roles to gauge the potential amount of wolves.

22. - Top - End - #112

Snow, Valmark read stat.

You were good at reading Val yeah?

- - - Updated - - -

I need to sleep, so I'm going to stop spamming thoughts.

I trust AvatarVecna and this will never come back to haunt me.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I don't hate it, bladescape. I'm still mid-catchup and trying to make sense of events while posts are coming in as fast as I can read them, but once I know what's going on I'll try and give you a more informed answer.

Also is "Xumtiil is town for not understanding how wolf powers work" a bad read?

I was good at reading Valmark ages ago but I was wrong about him a few games back and have also read precisely none of his posts. Will get back to you on that as well.

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

- BCH, talk me through "I largely agree with Elenna's analysis except I reach the opposite conclusion"?
    I agree with her about the possible interpretations, but disagree about which one is more likely.

Correct.
    Who would you be your first choice and why Elenna?
    Right now it's probably a draw between Elenna and you. Elenna for the previously stated reasons and you for previously stated reasons plus I can see blade's point about the BW question. Still not a strong case against either of you, but several things that don't feeel quite right (which is what Snow said about me last game and she was right on the money. ).

25. - Top - End - #115

Also is "Xumtiil is town for not understanding how wolf powers work" a bad read?
    Yes.

But I like it.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    A what?
    I'm voting AV. I thought too many wolves would be a slaughterhouse , which is also called an abattoir. Abattoir sounds like Avatar.

That is all.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I removed the Xum quote where he asked about mechanics because someone else replied (I think Rogan?) But I know recalled there was another reason for quoting him.

The stuff about Wombat replying with four powers, one of which completely unrelated to what Neptune would do in recruitment, applies to Xum too. Not super helpful but good to keep in mind I guess.

28. - Top - End - #118

Oh yeah this is BHC town btw guys.

Like 85%ish sure.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

*now. Blah blah ten words.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that's just Rogan assuming that Elenna will still be my first pick for the lynch.