New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Percy Jackson Mafia 2

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    A what?

Also with random roles I wouldn't rely on the difficulty created by specific roles to gauge the potential amount of wolves.
    An abattoir is a slaughterhouse. Additionally, "Abattoir" and "Avatar" kind of rhyme. It's a pun on my name. A game that ends with town pushed through a slaughterhouse could be called an Abattoir Vecna.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Don't I get a murder-based nickname?

Quick, what rhymes with "Xihirli"?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

On a unrelated note, what the hell happened to the activity level all of a sudden? I think we've posted more the last hour than the day before it.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Valmark is null, I guess, sorry. I don't vehemently disagree with any of his opinions, but I also don't think he's done anything wolf!him can't fake. Yes, I am aware that's unhelpful.

I... think this high-thread-presence, rapid-read-movement stuff is towny for bladescape but paranoia so I'm not actually going to townread him for it.

Going to make a vote count, then work on getting a Rogan read.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post

Purple shirted eye stabber....rli.

I don't know. I'll get back to you, but it's probably as hard to rhyme for you as it is for me. We're no-rhyme-buddies.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

AvatarVecna 3: Xumtiil, Snowblaze, AvatarVecna
    CaoimhinTheCape 2: Grand Arbiter, Elenna
    Rogan 1: bladescape
    flat_footed 1: Zelphas
    Zelphas 1: Book Wombat
    Elenna 1: Batcathat
    Batcathat 2: JeenLeen, Valmark
    Xumtiil 1: Xihirli
    Book Wombat 1: flat_footed
    Taffimai (not playing) 1: Rogan
    Posted without voting: CaoimhinTheCape (have fun trying to catch up!)

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Since I don't seem to get a lot of support on Elenna, I might as well switch to Rogan. With some luck, his flip might shed a little light on Elenna (and BW) too.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Snow, Valmark read stat.

You were good at reading Val yeah?

- - - Updated - - -

I need to sleep, so I'm going to stop spamming thoughts.

I trust AvatarVecna and this will never come back to haunt me.
    Now that I'm snug in bladescape's pocket, it's time to kill them and then ride that single shaky D1 read to victory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    On a unrelated note, what the hell happened to the activity level all of a sudden? I think we've posted more the last hour than the day before it.
    I will admit to having ulterior motives in this regard.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Okay, having skimmed through the explosion of posts that just occurred, for the moment I'm going to switch my vote to Rogan, so that we at least have a tie between them and AvatarVecna to keep us from only having one real wagon on Day 1. The whole questioning of "3 wolves/4wolves" from Rogan about Book Wombat is somewhat strange (as several people have already pointed out); it may just be paranoia from town, but its the most off-sounding note in the conversation so far, so it's a place to start.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

I know you might forget since I've been an active player, but this is my third game. I'm going to miss things that are obvious to more seasoned players (and do stupid posts, like the derp "I got a PR" one from last game).
    That being said, you're lucky I have a scum game and a town game you can fall back on, but I'm probably still going to be hard to read, at least for a little while longer (especially for Snow, apparently)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Yeah, I know. And honestly, I think you are doing a good job, all things considered. My previous criticism was not really serious, in case this wasn't clear.

One problem with reading you is, your wolf game was quite good (it didn't pay out in the end, but you fooled most players) and it was your first game, so you have set yourself a high bar.
    I think, you are quite observant. You noticed the problem with the number of cowboys (good job) and a quick skimming of day 1 in Afterlife showed me you noticed the part about bolding votes. So, I'm going to assume you did read the rules this time as well, so you should have known that the Roman powers are an addition, not a replacement.

But yeah, you don't have as much experience as other players, so it might be an honest mistake. If it is... well, sorry for suspecting you. See it as a compliment.
    I don't think it's a stretch to say that if either flips Roman we should look at the other after this exchange. Somewhat smells like faking an argument.
    GA isn't being voted out today.

I will say nothing more on it.

- - - Updated - - -

My only complaint is the

"A troubled man ‘twixt joys and sorrows.
    An optimist who shall outlive his woes."

line feels like it misses meter.
    Goddammit I keep reading 'gac' instead of 'GA'.

Meter is? That stuff about the lenght of sentences in poetry?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'm unclear on why BW saying 4 wolves is scummy? Seems pretty reasonable to me, especially if there's also a neutral in the mix again. Like I'm not getting TMI vibes from it, it just seems like BW having a decent sense for how big scum teams are.
    I thought it was because of the seemingly obvious mech error, but I'm guessing Rogan is assuming BW knows the size of the Roman group and let it slip despite his question implying a four Roman team already.
    Sure, take your time.

"Hey, name three powers" "Sure, here are four powers (and another four)"
    Why would you name four powers when asked about three? Maybe cause you know there are four wolves.
    If I hadn't asked for a specific number, getting four powers would not be a problem. But I did and this part was not addressed at all. That's what's bothering me.
    Also, now that I thought about it, I should specify it here.

The only team one can assume from your question is a 4 Roman team unless you think Neptune children change parents after using their power. The Greek power thrown in the middle is certainly weird, but one would need to be incapable of doing 3+1 to not think about a four Roman team from your question. Doesn't help that there could very well be a four roman team.

Actually wait.

Rogan

This is disingenuous as hell and trumps my secret wolfread.

- - - Updated - - -

"Man, why would someone who was told they were 1 wolf role and told to pick 3 powers make a list of 4 including the original wolf role they thought they were. Has to be because they have TMI guys, let's vote them out and see!!!"

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh I would even say that Rogan being hyper aware of the four people thing is more TMI-y than Book's response.

And even then that's a bad take and no one should vote Rogan for that.
    Pretty much my thoughts, though I wouldn't call it disingenous. As the one who actually made the question, Rogan might have genuely not realized he was implying a four people team.

Now, that doesn't mean we should discard the tunneling that seems to have followed. Especially because tunneling on another player can be an effective wolf strategy.
    No.

I'm voting Rogan because their treatment of the whole scenario reads opportunistic and bad faith.
    A bit. As soon as Snow is done with that read list I saw her mention I might vote Rogan if it looks like my vote would do something good.
    I'm voting AV. I thought too many wolves would be a slaughterhouse , which is also called an abattoir. Abattoir sounds like Avatar.

That is all.
    An abattoir is a slaughterhouse. Additionally, "Abattoir" and "Avatar" kind of rhyme. It's a pun on my name. A game that ends with town pushed through a slaughterhouse could be called an Abattoir Vecna.
    I've been learning so many new words this game.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Note to self: if bladescape dies N1, kill AV D2... wait, hang on, I'm already killing AV day one.

I'm kind of toying with a Rogan wolfread but I don't want to commit to it because I'll be mad at myself if I'm wrong.

Points of concern:
    - that thing bladescape said about his BW TMI read
    - trying to get the game moving but at the same time voting for someone who isn't playing
    - the thing I mentioned earlier feels... unnecessary, I guess? Hard to explain
    - I think bladescape has decent accuracy at reading Rogan
    - I'm mildly paranoid that his earlier "getting the game moving so Snow doesn't have to" is an attempt to pocket me.

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #132
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Actually wait.

Rogan

This is disingenuous as hell and trumps my secret wolfread.

"Man, why would someone who was told they were 1 wolf role and told to pick 3 powers make a list of 4 including the original wolf role they thought they were. Has to be because they have TMI guys, let's vote them out and see!!!"

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh I would even say that Rogan being hyper aware of the four people thing is more TMI-y than Book's response.

And even then that's a bad take and no one should vote Rogan for that.
    Well, I thought the wolf could pick powers, not parents. Books team did assign different Neptune powers to his team, so he assumed this as well.
    In light of the clarification about Neptune's power, it's a wrong assumption, but this doesn't change my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Rogan, talk me through why you thought you were "begging to be voted" last page? Also is the "why is it Elenna" thing a serious question?
    See below. There are no strong cases, so I assumed someone would jump at the chance to go for a meme. Or maybe someone getting obsessed with my questions.

I'm try to copy gacs power IRL now. Good night. And I expect to see another leading wagon by the time I'm back. Please don't disappoint me!

It's totally going to be me isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Initially I red it as 'If AV was a fool, what would they fake claim?' but the following conversation kinda ****ed it up for me. So @Rogan, what was that all about? I didn't get a clear detail of your reasoning.

<snip>

What's a bathtub curve?

Wolves claiming their real role is a thing that happens, never consider anything too obvious.

Also to be fair, if I'm told to think of a set of three powers as a child of Neptune that either implies four people or that the Neptune child stops being one.
    Given that it says 'Roman' powers though definitely not getting to pick Greek ones I think. I'm not super sure wether this is Towny as a wolf would know how it works, Wolfy for pretending to get it wrong, or null because distraction happens.
    AV used Fool as the color for her self vote. In the Discord, I said that someone might hide a claim there.
    I had the vague memory about someone (Libro/GA) calling some power (The parent scry) a spin of the Fool in the first PJ mafia.

A bathtub curve is like this: \____/
    A high value on one end, a high value on the other end, a flat value in-between.
    For example, a car. It has a high probability of problems immediately after repairs (missed a screw, changed a setting, whatever) a lie probability in the middle, and a high probability again a long time after inspection (general aging, rust, ...)

Real role or real alignment? Cause number one doesn't seem like a big problem, while number 2... well, it doesn't happen that often and when it does, it's pretty likely to get the wolf killed.

There is a passive wolf power for every parent and two active general powers. Town will only get one active, wolves will get one active and the passive. At least, that's my understanding.
    At first, I thought a child of Neptune could select the exact composition of his team's powers. This was a mistake, they only get to pick the parent (or rather, the passive power) but not the active power.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

13. - Top - End - #133
    Barbarian in the Playground

Basically this. Please don't lynch me.
    :)
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I never mentioned a reads list, I just said I'd look through Rogan, but... it does feel kind of helpful.

Townish, maybe, am paranoid and/or need to ISO: bladescape, Batcathat
    Tentative townlean: Elenna
    Townlean for bad-but-not-necessarily-invalid reasons: Book Wombat, Xumtiil
    A millimetre above null: JeenLeen, Zelphas
    Null: Valmark, AvatarVecna, Xihirli, Grand Arbiter, flat_footed, CaoimhinTheCape
    Wolf, maybe?: Rogan. Voting him as much to see what it does to gamestate/how he responds to pressure as because I wolfread him. Also because he only answered one of my two questions.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2022-06-17 at 01:16 AM.

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

...hihirli? The laugh before the kill?
    You're not helping me catch up to the thread for sure.
    Rogan 1: bladescape
    flat_footed 1: Zelphas
    Elenna 1: Batcathat
    Since I don't seem to get a lot of support on Elenna, I might as well switch to Rogan. With some luck, his flip might shed a little light on Elenna (and BW) too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Okay, having skimmed through the explosion of posts that just occurred, for the moment I'm going to switch my vote to Rogan, so that we at least have a tie between them and AvatarVecna to keep us from only having one real wagon on Day 1. The whole questioning of "3 wolves/4wolves" from Rogan about Book Wombat is somewhat strange (as several people have already pointed out); it may just be paranoia from town, but its the most off-sounding note in the conversation so far, so it's a place to start.
    So, with the new votes added in it should be:
    Rogan 3: bladescape, BatCatHat, Zelphas

Knowing this, I'mma shake things up by seeing what happens with CaoimhinTheCape forming a three-way fight. I will be awake and not busy come EoD, so I can always jump in to change things.

Unless asked, I'd like to refrain right now from expressing thoughts on who I want to see lynched. That might change how the three wagons are seen, knowing wether those on them plan to stick around or change (for example, if I wanted to get Rogan lynched then nobody would worry for AV and Cao right now).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh come on, Snow.

That makes Rogan the lead either way so... Uh... AvatarVecna for precisely the same reasons as before.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2022-06-16 at 10:37 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Sorry for messing that up, Valmark. Also who do you want to see lynched? (I'm asking mainly for the memes, you don't have to answer.)

bladescape, do you have a read on me, and if so what is it? (And preferably why, but I'm being realistic about the amount of helpful answers I'm likely to get.)

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, Snow was on AV, so whoever I'm voting goes to three and the other to two.

Yeah it can stay like that. No point to keep changing it if I'm not gonna commit before EoD.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

I think I'm actually gonna sig this, if that's alright.

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

I don't mind - I'm just surprised I would have been the first to make that comment.

If it replaces it, I'm going to miss the "Lynch me on principle" though, so I'm going to try my hardest to lynch you on principle.

20. - Top - End - #140

ClericGuy

Right now it's probably a draw between Elenna and you. Elenna for the previously stated reasons and you for previously stated reasons plus I can see blade's point about the BW question. Still not a strong case against either of you, but several things that don't feeel quite right (which is what Snow said about me last game and she was right on the money. ).
    I was wondering, cause I thought you said BW was a slightly better case than Elenna, but didn't want to go after Book.

I think that's just Rogan assuming that Elenna will still be my first pick for the lynch.
    Correct. After all, you didn't change your vote yet. Now you did, which is fine. I feel like I've been more suspicious than Elenna, which doesn't say much about her but rather about me.

+1... I guess I should change away from mobile.

I'm afraid not. Mostly cause I don't think I'll flip just yet. That being said, I thought I saw some support for Elenna. Not in votes, but in voices.

Note to self: if bladescape dies N1, kill AV D2... wait, hang on, I'm already killing AV day one.

I'm kind of toying with a Rogan wolfread but I don't want to commit to it because I'll be mad at myself if I'm wrong.

Points of concern:
    - that thing bladescape said about his BW TMI read
    - trying to get the game moving but at the same time voting for someone who isn't playing
    - the thing I mentioned earlier feels... unnecessary, I guess? Hard to explain
    - I think bladescape has decent accuracy at reading Rogan
    - I'm mildly paranoid that his earlier "getting the game moving so Snow doesn't have to" is an attempt to pocket me.
    I can promise I won't be mad at you if you wolf read me. Does this help you at making your decision?
    I will vote someone else if I feel like it's going to matter. Right now, I don't think it's worth the trouble.
    Also, I can totally see wolf!me trying to pocket you. Not happening this time, but I feel your concerns.

- - - Updated - - -

I never mentioned a reads list, I just said I'd look through Rogan, but... it does feel kind of helpful.

Townish, maybe, am paranoid and/or need to ISO: bladescape, Batcathat
    Tentative townlean: Elenna
    Townlean for bad-but-not-necessarily-invalid reasons: Book Wombat, Xumtiil
    A millimetre above null: JeenLeen, Zelphas
    Null: Valmark, AvatarVecna, Xihirli, Grand Arbiter, flat_footed, CaoimhinTheCape
    Wolf, maybe?: Rogan. Voting him as much to see what it does to gamestate/how he responds to pressure as because I wolfread him. Also because he only answered one of my two questions.
    Sorry Snow. Drowned in the wall post on mobile. I think I answered later in a reply to Bat, but if you still feel like you need an answer, please ask again and I'll see if I can give you something satisfying.

Now, your read list... you mentioned trusting blades read on me. I think, he is suspicious of Elenna, yet you place her pretty high on your list.
    Mostly curious, do you think his read on me is better than on her?

I don't mind - I'm just surprised I would have been the first to make that comment.

If it replaces it, I'm going to miss the "Lynch me on principle" though, so I'm going to try my hardest to lynch you on principle.
    Sorry, I'm missing the context here.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Sig'd. Or rather, it's been sig'd, except for the fact that I changed the color code to a different word, since abattoir and my role happen to be the same color. OR DOES IT. It does. OR DOES IT.

I find that amusing (and amusingly, non-specific) enough that I'm comfortable claiming it, especially since I'm gonna die anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I'm missing the context here.
    They were replying to me asking to sig that quote of them.

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #142

ClericGuy

I find that amusing (and amusingly, non-specific) enough that I'm comfortable claiming it, especially since I'm gonna die anyway.

They were replying to me asking to sig that quote of them.
    Do you expect to die today? Or in general?

And thanks, this makes sense.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143

No, the Greek alphabet is handy. You know, where the name "alpha bet(a)" comes from? The Latin alphabet added in (or incorporated) redundancies (k and c and s and ph and f) and overcomplications. Every Greek letter starts with the sound it makes. Many latin letters, like C, H, G, and all the vowels make multiple sounds, often their most associated sound ("C says kuh, G says guh") do not appear in the letter at all. Now "O" makes the "ah" sound, E makes no sound, every French word ends in a silent X, nobody knows whether "h" counts as a consonant or not and I'm so angry!
    Huh. So in my Latin class in high school, I was taught that they didn't have the letter K and that C was always a hard sound.

We can always look back at the poem for you in Love Letter.

Oh my god, I've been about to post so many times and then I have 5 new posts and new information to consider and then it happens again and again.

Reading through the thread, there isn't anyone that strikes me as an obvious Wolf but that's standard for Day 1. I'm not a fan of the AV wagon, mostly cause it feels like a given that a) AV has said they aren't super active Day 1, b) often self votes, and c) I feel like AV is popular to vote just because? (I don't actually have numbers on how often AV gets votes). The first two posts of the game immediately create that wagon and it's not unreasonable to assume that AV won't spend too much time defending themselves Day 1 and/or a self vote would show up there to boost the wagon. So possibly scum picking an "easy" target or one that at least won't be questioned too much.

I don't like that Rogan's vote is still on Taff rather than moving it to someone else, but he gets a pass for now for being so active and pushing discussion but another way to do that is move votes to pressure people.

All the other votes being split is... kinda interesting. No one seems willing to push a second wagon to rival AV Aside from Elenna moving to vote me I guess.

I swear, every time I have a thought I refresh the thread and have to catch up on a bunch of new posts. My vague reads:
    AvatarVecna - no reason to call them a Wolf yet and I don't love the wagon that popped up on AV so quickly and how it's been stuck as the leading wagon this whole time. I feel like Wolf!AV would have buddies to bail them out? Picking someone to vote for out of that wagon would probably be good. that most recent vote is obviously sketchy, I should vote for AV
    Elenna - putting a 3rd vote on AV... the fact that it's the 3rd vote doesn't seem too bad to me, it turns out wagoning is important but as I mentioned above, all of the votes on AV left a sour taste in my mouth. Elenna moving to make a second wagon feels good to me though, rather than make yet another one vote wagon that we have so many of.
    Snowblaze - apparently has exams and is catching up. No opinion right now but I don't love the 1, 2 punch of her and Xum starting the game by both voting AV.
    Xumtil - someone I want to follow up on. A lot of posts that I'll analyze more later, but I have a gut feeling that I just don't trust Xum atm.

But apparently we have Rogan/BCH as possible wagons now? So my thoughts on them:

Spoiler: Batcathat
    Show

I don't like the initial focus on Elenna over the other people on the wagon, from this post:
    As fun as psychoanalyzing Xi's feelings for Rome is, I'm gonna switch to Elenna. A wagon appearing that quickly makes me nervous and while Xum and Snow probably voted independent of each other, judging by the time, Elenna voted AV who already had two votes (out of four votes total, one which was on the non-playing Taff) which seems like a weird move to make for meta/joke reasons. Yes, the first votes of D1 are rarely based on much and lynching AV is a natural reaction to last game, but with no suspicions against anyone else, it's enough for me.
    Does this post mean that you don't think Xumtil and Snow aren't suspicious for their votes? Or just that Xum/Snow is not a wolf/wolf pair?

BCH eventually comes around to suspect Xum as well, though there's no mention of the AV vote.

And speaking of potential cases of wolves playing up their ignorance to look towny, now I kinda suspect Xum over that. I already miss having him as the only one I didn't suspect among the top posters (I don't suspect AV for any particular reason, just my baseline level of never trusting them completely).

Spoiler: Rogan
    Show

My instinct is always that high posters feel more townie so Rogan initially had a vaguely town read for leading the town but...

Strange that gac, a neutral, flipped green...

Also, who's up to try to make gac win instead of playing the normal victory condition?

Also, for fun and cause she wasn't reported as dead:
    Taffi
    Joke vote on someone not in the game is fine initially. But it has stuck around for an uncomfortable amount of time now.

So, in the interest of creating some discussion (so Snow doesn't need to do this and can study):

Book imagine you are a child of Neptune. Which 3 powers do you pick and why?
    Elenna did you sleep well last night?
    GA since I don't know you: give me a sentence which describes your approach to this kind of games. And as a bonus, ask me a question and I swear, I'll answer truthfully. I reserve the right to answer in a way which won't be helpful
    Singling out Book to ask the real question to is weird. I get that Book is hard to read but it's still calling one person out when that information could be just as useful as a general question to everyone. Picking Elenna for a random question is a choice as well... Explained below but still. Drilling down on Book's "slip" new feels like there was more behind the choice of who to ask.
    To answer you question: I've picked book because he is usually very quiet, GA cause I don't know him and Elenna cause 3 is a nice number.
    Later on we get a defense of Elenna (a possibility of a Rogan/Elenna team is gonna sit in the back of my mind now)
    I always read those evil Rogman's...
    I feel like Elenna wouldn't jump the wagon as a wolf, since it's very obvious. But I might be wrong.
    Well, Bat is vocally suspicious about multiple small things, but doesn't really push them strongly. Which might be a wolf trying to find some victim for a day 1 misslynch without getting too much attention, but it's also quite typical for him as town. Gut can't decide between wolf or town right now. Voting for him might help me getting a stronger read, but from a Meta perspective, I'd rather lynch someone who is not among the top posters (because they are having fun and can help keeping the game going), but still has something to say which can be analysed. But... good luck finding someone like that.
    Don't like that argument. Bat was voting one of his reads and mentions others. Rogan technically is voting someone who is not among the top posters (Taff, the person not appearing in this game) but I don't see him pushing for activity/any reads himself. Even the line of questioning on Book Wombat apparently doesn't get any sort of vote.

Later in the thread there's some role analysis but that amounts to speculating what roles are in the game rather than chasing down leads. There's an explanation of reads there, but why not actually vote any of them or push them strongly?
    I guess, if I had to vote right now, it would be Book. Not strongly opposed to Xum either, but if given the choice between them, I'd pick book first. I could even see a vague team in them, with Xum trying to cover up the slip of an ally, but that's a very far stretch right now.

I'd rather not vote for Elenna today, but that's not a very strong feeling, so if someone wants to explain why I should vote for her, go on.

Bat.. I'm not sure about your alignment, but I feel good at not going after you because you are active and town needs active players. Even if they might be a wolf.

Overall I think I want to vote: Rogan after catching up. His play so far appears townie on the surface but after looking closer I don't like it.

Vote Count

AvatarVecna (3): Xumtil, AvatarVecna, Valmark
    Taffimai (1): Rogan
    Book Wombat (1): Flatfooted
    Xumtil (1): Xihirli
    Zelphas (1): Book Wombat
    BatCatHat (1): JeenLeen
    CaoimhinTheCape (2): Grand Arbiter, Elenna
    Rogan (5): Bladescape, BatCatHat, Zelpas, Snowblaze, CaoimhinTheCape

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Between Rogan and AV, I'd prefer AvatarVecna die.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: If you're reading this, you just lost the game

Do you expect to die today? Or in general?

And thanks, this makes sense.
    Maybe today, maybe tonight. But probably today.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Well that was a lot of posts all of a sudden. I only skimmed the last page or so, it's my lunch time and I'd like to actually eat lunch instead of just playing Werewolf.
    (Also speaking of timezones, EOD is 7am my time so I'm going to miss the last 6-7 hours of each day (again). Y'all need to stop putting EOD in my early morning. )

Any special reason for picking Cao? Or not picking one of the other 1 vote wagons?
    As far as I recall, at the time he was the only person with any non-meme reason behind the vote (besides Bat's vote on me, which I wasn't going to join as my name is neither AV nor Xihirli.)

"Hey, name three powers" "Sure, here are four powers (and another four)"
    Why would you name four powers when asked about three? Maybe cause you know there are four wolves.
    If I hadn't asked for a specific number, getting four powers would not be a problem. But I did and this part was not addressed at all. That's what's bothering me.
    I'd agree with the people who said "one power for the Child of Neptune plus three other powers" is a reasonable interpretation of this question.

I don't think Rogan jumping on the initial "slip" was necessarily wolfy, a townie asking this question could very easily not have realized that it implied four total powers.
    However, I do think Rogan seems to be ignoring the "he probably read it as 3+1" responses, even though he answered some people who said that. Also it's strange that he's suspicious of Book but he's still keeping his meme vote on Taffimai. Combined, that seems to me like he's a wolf trying to get a mislynch rather than a townie genuinely searching for wolves.

Fine, bladescape, I hardclaim Child of Ariadne but also it's purely for the memes and I'm probably lying. Will that do?
    I counterclaim Child of Ariadne! Lynch the liar!
    (probably obvious, but this is a joke)

Abattoir Vecna is good but I also miss "lynch me on principle".

Debating between voting Rogan because suspicions versus voting AV to tie up the wagons. I guess tying the wagons and watching vote movement doesn't really work as well now that I've made it clear I'd rather lynch Rogan.

...oh look, I previewed and there were 4 more posts. Amusingly, I think AV is still one vote behind Rogan before this post, so the above still makes sense.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Does this post mean that you don't think Xumtil and Snow aren't suspicious for their votes? Or just that Xum/Snow is not a wolf/wolf pair?
    No, I don't think their votes on AV are anywhere near as suspicious as Elenna's. Xum was the first to vote and Snow voted at practically the same time, so I'm assuming Snow hadn't seen Xum's vote. Now, it's not impossible for Snow to have made her vote knowing of Xum's, either by the two of them colluding (if that was an intentional play by two wolves, they certainly went into the game swinging) or Snow seeing Xum's vote and posting hers very quickly.

Basically, putting the first vote on someone (and especially AV, especially after last game) doesn't look particularly wolfy to me, putting the third vote (especially when there are so few votes in total) is looking considerably more so.

Of course, none of this means that Snow and Xum can't be wolves, I just don't think their AV votes are hinting at that.

28. - Top - End - #148

ClericGuy

Between Rogan and AV, I'd prefer AvatarVecna die.
    Awww, how sweet! <3
    Any reasons, perhaps?

Maybe today, maybe tonight. But probably today.
    I think you are oddly pessimistic. Also, I start to wonder:
    Do you like mafia games or not? You are always so entusiastic in the recruitment thread, don't pay any attention there afterwards and your activity on day 1 is irregular at best.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Awww, how sweet! <3
    Any reasons, perhaps?

I think you are oddly pessimistic. Also, I start to wonder:
    Do you like mafia games or not? You are always so entusiastic in the recruitment thread, don't pay any attention there afterwards and your activity on day 1 is irregular at best.
    I think it might be because it's become a trend to kill AV off early in order to remove a good player from the board, both from townies and wolves. In addition, there have been times where AV ended up doing all the heavy lifting- my guess would be, she doesn't think it's worth it to put in effort D/N 1.

That or she's got a power that works better if she's lynched/killed earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Iirc both me and another player remarked on how that may have become a bad habit (getting AV killed early).

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Caoimhin - the initial AV votes are because last game AV was the narrator and a serial killer, and won. Xumtiil and I were both in endgame and as such were/are salty about it.

Rogan - my question was on how serious your "who is your top wolfread and why is it Elenna?" thing was.

And based on track record, bladescape has pretty consistently accurately read you but was responsible for Elenna's mislynch last game. But also his read is a fairly minor factor in mine on you and non-existent in my Elenna read.

AV - you are utterly evil.

Trying to parse the influx of Rogan votes but also have invested far too much of my afternoon in this game and should take a break.

Extended Signature