New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Reimagining (Still Recruiting)

Connie nods. "Uh... Richard... Something? David? Richard David?" she says. "He said that Chaos was threatening his family if he didn't kill everyone there, but he failed. So now, the siege. Can we walk and talk? We should probably be getting closer to the badness."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

On the way: ((Speak with each other and the NPCS.))

"Well, we don't have time. You're going to have to follow us, though." The protagonists make their way to the Citadel, entering seperate automobiles. Eventually, within two minutes they were there.
    Various Red Coats were fighting several different enemies. Goblins, then robed, saber wielding warriors, dark knights, long extinct as a single order, and what appeared to be old hags, armed with their spells and clawed hands. Without a word, the reinforcements charged with their bayonets, if they don't open fire right away.
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2022-06-26 at 03:18 PM.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Maybe everything wasn't as normal as it seemed – though they already knew that, about what was happening under the surface if everything they had heard was correct. Guards were patrolling the area, definitely more of them than usual. And the moment they were noticed, the guards even came straight for their group to warn them of… A siege?

Arctomiy glanced at Connie. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to tell the Red Coats that a captain of their was involved in this mess, but luckily no one tried to argue against. Or they just didn't recognize the butchered name. He certainly wasn't going to correct her.

"Right! We are a part of the excavation group sent to that very temple. There was a… Situation over there, too. When we heard that the royal family came under attack, well, I as a de Labrousse had to come over to give my aid," the young noble started, of course dropping a name… That may not have meant much to your usual guards, but perhaps that could have been an advantage.
    "So, the details of the situation here, if you would."

It felt rather easy. Their help was accepted just like that and they already were being led to… Well, they weren't told that, but it became rather apparent soon enough as they got closer. Arctomiy let out a gasp. He probably should have been expecting the worst, yet to actually be there to witness it all… It was far from pretty.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Eskha hurries along as they proceed through the portal - the effects feel particularly agitating and strange upon her magic-deficient body, but it's enough to get her through and not... somewhere else in some frek teleportation accident, fortunately. "Richard Davis," she corrects for Connie. "Captain, I believe. But that's a conversation for another time--"

The Au Ra summons her gunblade and hurries, running along the path and then hopping once to land atop a parked car, and then hopping once more to send her gunblade crashing upon one of the dark knights as she aggressively drives them back. "And what of the castle?!" she shouts out.

5. - Top - End - #65

Connie stays low when they reach the battle, slithering forward with surprising speed. As she nears one of the enemy knights, she launches herself up, letting loose with a flurry of blows!

One of the hags takes notice, and reaches out to grasp her tail. With her attention otherwise occupied, Connie only manages a "Yeep!" as the hag yanks her back.

"Such a pretty little thing..." the hag says as she draws Connie closer towards herself.

"Help!" Connie yells. "Overextended myself!"

Show
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #66

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Connie stays low when they reach the battle, slithering forward with surprising speed. As she nears one of the enemy knights, she launches herself up, letting loose with a flurry of blows!

One of the hags takes notice, and reaches out to grasp her tail. With her attention otherwise occupied, Connie only manages a "Yeep!" as the hag yanks her back.

"Such a pretty little thing..." the hag says as she draws Connie closer towards herself.

"Help!" Connie yells. "Overextended myself!"
    Biggs, and Wedge are right behind Connie, quickly advancing on the hag before she could react. Fending the swordsmen off with her claws, she seems to be doing exceedingly well, despite being out numbered, but Connie is no longer under assault.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Acantha didn't say a word as she was transported. It wasn't like she could anyway. The queasy feeling of the rapid relocation mixed with the sudden change in air pressure. It left her with a splitting headache, but that was fine. She'd take it out on the cultists as soon as she could.

Baron... It wasn't what she was expecting on arrival. Calm streets and open skies. It was unnerving to see it so peaceful after Davis' rampage. But, their trip wasn't a waste as the Red Coats led them to the battle.

Acantha and Eskha took the same line, using the car as a springboard. While the Au Ra dove straight into the fight, Acantha went vertical. The leap carried her high, higher than it had any right to. From that vantage point she could make out the whole of the battle. She spotted a fallen Red Coat with a robed warrior advancing towards her crumpled form. He'd never get a chance to revel in his victory. From on high she streaked down, a crimson thunderbolt, and buried her spear in him.

As he fell, she shouted back to Arc and those nearby, "We're going to need some spells soon de Labrousse! And someone rain some fire on those goblins before they swarm us!"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

"Connie!" Eskha exclaims, wishing to attend to her comrade's defence, but finding herself full with the dark knight in front of her; a few quick swipes later, she's managed to gain some space enough for the internal machine inside the gunblade to spin as ambient magic gathers into one source. She hears Acantha's call and yells, "Got it!"

She leaps back onto another car for a vantage point, and reaches her hand back -- "Draw and synth-cast... Fire!" The para-magic comes out with little errant glitches, but soon enough, a swift burst of fire washes towards the goblins. She's never going to be as powerful as a pure magic user, but being able to supplement her fighting style with magic as she needs it is a boon indeed.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

It took a moment for Arctomiy to feel like he had been able to return to the moment. Not that he really liked to, but he had to. He made sure to position himself where the enemies wouldn't be able to just charge at them freely without going through other people first, and took a deep breath. There was a slight glow of magic from his fingertips as he adjusted his glasses and cast his information gleaning spell, Libra. He did his best to quickly scan the witch-looking ones first and foremost, before trying to quickly get a peek at the various knights and warriors that were also fighting against them. The more information they knew about their enemy, the better.
    "Try to hold for a little while before you already need my help, Acantha!" He called back to his bodyguard. She was right, though. He didn't have too much time to waste on other things.

10. - Top - End - #70

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Parlortricks View Post
    It took a moment for Arctomiy to feel like he had been able to return to the moment. Not that he really liked to, but he had to. He made sure to position himself where the enemies wouldn't be able to just charge at them freely without going through other people first, and took a deep breath. There was a slight glow of magic from his fingertips as he adjusted his glasses and cast his information gleaning spell, Libra. He did his best to quickly scan the witch-looking ones first and foremost, before trying to quickly get a peek at the various knights and warriors that were also fighting against them. The more information they knew about their enemy, the better.
    "Try to hold for a little while before you already need my help, Acantha!" He called back to his bodyguard. She was right, though. He didn't have too much time to waste on other things.
    All of the opponents, except the goblins have a strong life force. Dark Knights life force seems to shrink when they unleash their magical attacks from their swords, however, and the robed saber wielders seem to be the quickest. However, after what seems like more than a few moments, the fighting dies down in the entry way of the Citadel. Biggs and Wedge nod towards each other and turn to the party as they see a messenger scrambling down the hall with an arrow fired into his side.

"The enemies are traitors! These men are just the soldiers from the Noble Houses of Dunbar and Dubois!"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Arctomiy spent the early moments of the battle gathering information, when he wasn't going to be needed as much. They were fresh and ready, unlike their opponents – but chances were, the more powerful foes would be further in, and that was when they really had to be prepared. It was easy enough for them to take down the ones currently in their way. Of course Arctomiy was going to take credit for that.

Someone rushed in, injured, with horrifying news. Traitors like these would of course be ones that infiltrated the city and the castle, but to hear that they actually were noble families…
    "S-Surely you jest!" Arctomiy gasped. He didn't want to believe that either.

But he was willing to heal any injuries the fighters this far had sustained, even the messenger's.

12. - Top - End - #72

Chimera

The Citadel Courtyard
    various enemies fell before the junction magic from the party's SeeD. All other attacks found their mark, as the heroes were highly skilled.
    It was then that with various enemy mercenaries running around attacking the warriors of the fortification, reinforcements were needed, badly. The tide was beginning to turn against the defenders, until the heroes arrived. Biggs and Wedge, once again charged forward with their bayonets, skewering goblins that stood in there way. The Captain that our heroes met on the streets of Baron unleashed his assault rifle ammunition on the crowd of saber wielders and others, mowing more than a few down.

It should be noted the robed swordsmen did not fight stupidly. They were obviously special, not being downed in one, two, or even three shots most of the time, even when wounded in critical areas of the body. Furthermore, occasionally, these mercenaries would fire from their own guns, or utilize their expertly thrown knives.

It was in the center of the courtyard that a dangerous enemy could be seen. An Ifrit, horned like a demon, covered in fire was engaging in battle against it's enemies.
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2022-06-29 at 04:33 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Even an arrow on the battlefield wasn't nearly as dangerous when pulled out, with the power of magic. Arctomiy used cure to heal what he could before they started to advance, getting past the initial wave to the courtyard. More fighters – and more shockingly, the heat of the air that hit him, as his eyes looked past everyone, to a large creature wreathed in flames. His eyes grew wide and he came to a stop – good thing, that, as it was far from the only dangerous enemy within.

"I-It is an Ifrit!" Arctomiy called to the rest of the team. He didn't even need to scan it to know that, a famous beast.
    "D-Definitely don't get too close to it or you'll be fried to a crisp! I-I might be able to mitigate some of that, but first, we need to make some room here!"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

"Traitors? Do you mean to say they were monsters in disguise, or...?" Eskha sounds just a bit surprised. Still, they didn't have that much time to think about it, but they push through... eventually. It's pretty hard work, and these enemies aren't just run of the mill creatures -- they were disciplined, trained, and had tactics on their side. She stops to receive a Cure spell from Arctomiy with a grateful nod. "Thank you, friend."

But there's an even more dangerous foe in the courtyard -- an Ifrit. "I'll assault it with magic," she nods to Arctomiy's suggestion to not get too close. She focuses, and the engine spins up again as more magic is Drawn into the internal reactor. "Draw and cast... Blizzard!"

Several sword-sized icicles appear in front of the Au Ra, sailing towards the large creature.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

"Aaah why are you trying to get its attention!" Whined Arctomiy. It's not like it would just stand there and take the assault and there were still so many enemies all around!

16. - Top - End - #76

"What are its weaknesses?" Connie asks, huddling behind a bit of cover. "I'm reasonably heat-resistant, so I could try distracting it, but I don't know how much good that'll do..."

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

"W-Well. Ice magic, obviously. I suppose it is pretty… Top heavy? I don't know if any of us want to go close enough to try to trip it," Arctomiy seemed to calm down just a bit when he had something else to think about instead of their impending doom. He still fidgeted slightly before he focused his energy into a spell.
    "Shell!" He called out, his hand having a slight pinkish glow to it as a slight sheen was apparent for a moment on Connie's body. He repeated the same spell on Eskha, and eventually Acantha once he had the time. Perhaps more magical defense was what they needed first and foremost, against the Ifrit.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

While the battle was going in their favor, Acantha did find herself on the receiving end of some thrown knives. She easily gave as good as she got though. As the waves of healing and the migical barrier enveloped her, she caught sight of it. That thing she couldn't make out from above, not with the smoke. Ifrit. Of course she didn't know the name, but it definitely must have been the toughest objective in the whole of the enemy force.

"We can do both at the same time," a feral smile sat there, she was going to do something stupid, "I'll get in position. We'll surround it once it gets drawn out."

She leapt to the opposite side of Ifrit, wedging as much of the enemy force between them as possible. Maybe, with a little luck, this thing could do her job for her. First came the insults. She cupped her hands to her mouth and shouted at the demon.

"Hey, demon, anyone ever tell you that your smoke smells like ****? Were you an outhouse in a past life?"

Spoiler: Command
    Show
    Acantha uses Provoke from her Bandit (Pirate) side to draw the demon's attention.

19. - Top - End - #79

Connie nods. "Trip it... I can do that!"

When Acantha starts her distraction, Connie goes low. Her head barely a foot above the ground, she moves through the bodies and debris, finding a good spot to ambush the ifrit when he draws nearer to Acantha. Once so prepared, she goes limp, pretending to be a dead or unconscious body. But, despite her appearance, she's ready to lash out with her tail and knock the ifrit down.

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #80

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by herastor View Post
    While the battle was going in their favor, Acantha did find herself on the receiving end of some thrown knives. She easily gave as good as she got though. As the waves of healing and the migical barrier enveloped her, she caught sight of it. That thing she couldn't make out from above, not with the smoke. Ifrit. Of course she didn't know the name, but it definitely must have been the toughest objective in the whole of the enemy force.

"We can do both at the same time," a feral smile sat there, she was going to do something stupid, "I'll get in position. We'll surround it once it gets drawn out."

She leapt to the opposite side of Ifrit, wedging as much of the enemy force between them as possible. Maybe, with a little luck, this thing could do her job for her. First came the insults. She cupped her hands to her mouth and shouted at the demon.

"Hey, demon, anyone ever tell you that your smoke smells like ****? Were you an outhouse in a past life?"

Spoiler: Command
    Show
    Acantha uses Provoke from her Bandit (Pirate) side to draw the demon's attention.
    Connie nods. "Trip it... I can do that!"

When Acantha starts her distraction, Connie goes low. Her head barely a foot above the ground, she moves through the bodies and debris, finding a good spot to ambush the ifrit when he draws nearer to Acantha. Once so prepared, she goes limp, pretending to be a dead or unconscious body. But, despite her appearance, she's ready to lash out with her tail and knock the ifrit down.
    The Ifrit charges towards the body, it's scimitar drawn, ready to cleave anyone in half. However, Biggs and Wedge open fire on it's physical body, causing tiny little red marks to appear on it's bare chest. The monster draws near, then Connie intelligently wraps her tail around it, causing him to drag her along the ground.

21. - Top - End - #81

"Gotcha, you big oaf!" she crows triumphantly.

Show
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Surrounded by the Shell spell, Eskha leaps up with a nod as Connie trips the Ifrit and Acantha distracts it -- and she descends down from above with a powerful bisecting strike from her gunblade. "Divide!" she announces, pulling on the trigger as she unleashes the last of the ice magic she gathered earlier into a chilly explosion as she strikes out.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Arctomiy couldn't handle the sight of a large monster charging towards Acantha – luckily she was pulling it in another direction, but she had put quite a lot of distance between the two of them. What if the Ifrit didn't attack her with fire, but would use the sword instead? She'd be literally split in half!

He pulled back, taking cover where he could. He didn't even want to watch, but he couldn't not watch, either! If he wanted to do something to Acantha, he would need to get closer, but there was no way he would do that! All Arctomiy could do was try to calm himself and be prepared to do something when he could. For now, he cast Libra again on the Ifrit, wanting all knowledge he could gleam… About how much damage they actually were doing towards it, for example.

24. - Top - End - #84

Chimera

Arctomiy couldn't handle the sight of a large monster charging towards Acantha – luckily she was pulling it in another direction, but she had put quite a lot of distance between the two of them. What if the Ifrit didn't attack her with fire, but would use the sword instead? She'd be literally split in half!

He pulled back, taking cover where he could. He didn't even want to watch, but he couldn't not watch, either! If he wanted to do something to Acantha, he would need to get closer, but there was no way he would do that! All Arctomiy could do was try to calm himself and be prepared to do something when he could. For now, he cast Libra again on the Ifrit, wanting all knowledge he could gleam… About how much damage they actually were doing towards it, for example.
    As if in answer to Arctomiy's worst fears, Ifrit conjured an enormous sword, ready to swing and slice Acantha in half. The flames followed the sword as it arced towards her. However, the "Divide!" assault from Eshka manages to stagger the Ifrit briefly, causing the sword swint to barely miss Acantha, indeed it literally split just a small bit of hair off her head!

The soldiers continued to open fire, causing almost no harm to the fire elemental's body. However, the fight against the intruders was turning, as more reinforcements arrived. Now, there were few intruders other than the Ifrit, as some of them had the good sense to retreat from the Citadel. Meanwhile the Court Wizard, Tellah was seen obliterating small swarms of goblins somewhat north of Ifrit, in front of the throne room.

The old wizard was now moving towards the protagonists.

25. - Top - End - #85

Still wrapped around his legs, Connie swivels inwards and lays the smackdown on the ifrit, darting in and out of his reach. "You're gonna go down eventually!"

Show
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Arctomiy was going to get a heart attack at this rate. It had already felt like his heart had stopped many times as he panicked behind cover. He had been separated from the rest, and that was no good. He had to get closer – not that the idea of being closer to the Ifrit was any better, but if he didn't have anyone protecting him from the other enemies, he was in trouble! Not to mention, he couldn't really provide much support like this.

All the young noble could do was to start moving closer to the rest, trying to stick to the sidelines and hope he wasn't noticed, ducking behind cover every time he had the chance.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Eskha's eyes widen as Ifrit summons a sword that would no doubt do horrendous damage if it connected; she winces as she descends, just in time to stagger him enough to avoid the worst fate for her companion. "We can't let it get a foothold!" she shouts, wheeling around with a ratcheting twist as she grabs hold of her gunblade with both hands and seeks to just drive it straight into the abdomen of the fire elemental -- and pull the trigger once more, bursts of blizzard magic spiking in with her attack.

28. - Top - End - #88

Chimera

Still wrapped around his legs, Connie swivels inwards and lays the smackdown on the ifrit, darting in and out of his reach. "You're gonna go down eventually!"
    The hits connect, doing little harm, but at least doing something. . . Not quite enough to bruise, but it did start to eventually start to annoy the demonic elemental.

Arctomiy was going to get a heart attack at this rate. It had already felt like his heart had stopped many times as he panicked behind cover. He had been separated from the rest, and that was no good. He had to get closer – not that the idea of being closer to the Ifrit was any better, but if he didn't have anyone protecting him from the other enemies, he was in trouble! Not to mention, he couldn't really provide much support like this.

All the young noble could do was to start moving closer to the rest, trying to stick to the sidelines and hope he wasn't noticed, ducking behind cover every time he had the chance.
    One of the Red Coats fell dead to the onslaught of scores of goblins, his pistol goes flying, and landing in front of Arctomiy.

Quote Originally Posted by Merilan View Post
    Eskha's eyes widen as Ifrit summons a sword that would no doubt do horrendous damage if it connected; she winces as she descends, just in time to stagger him enough to avoid the worst fate for her companion. "We can't let it get a foothold!" she shouts, wheeling around with a ratcheting twist as she grabs hold of her gunblade with both hands and seeks to just drive it straight into the abdomen of the fire elemental -- and pull the trigger once more, bursts of blizzard magic spiking in with her attack.
    Eskha actually caused Ifrit to wince. The monstrous fire demon was caused significant damage from the gun blade, fortunately, and it caused him to stagger ever so slightly for just a short moment. His sword would rise again, only for a volley of ice shards to start cutting his flesh, even as some of the frozen ice melted into steam. A few allied black mages smiled at their assault, which caused Ifrit to roar in pain. Finally, Tellah arrived and unleashed his blizzara spell. . . Raising his staff, the room caused nearby allies to shiver in cold, and finally, the Ifrit was downed. The wizard sage finally made it to the center of the room and sighed. He could sense the thoughts and auras of the party.
    "The King and Queen are safely hiding under the Throne. Come with me."
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2022-07-03 at 07:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Arctomiy yelped as something landed right in front of him, almost jumping out of his skin. Luckily, it wasn't anything dangerous… To him, right now, at least. It looked like a gun. One that someone on the battlefield had lost. He knew he shouldn't have touched, but before he knew it, it was in his shaking hand as he examined it.

…He knew nothing about guns.

Pushing that thought out of his head, he continued to run towards the rest, holding his hat so it stayed in place. The Ifrit was a formidable foe. Only with many magical spells were they really able to hurt it, he realized, so once he got within earshot…
    "Get out of there Acantha!" He called out to her. She probably didn't need him telling her that, but he never could be completely sure. She could not take a hit from that, even with his help.

The air started to feel cold. The moisture in the air started to freeze, turning into small, twinkling specks. Arctomiy could see his breath, as he glanced towards where the old mage had managed to run to, unleashing a spell…

A magnificent spell indeed, as the icy magic twirled and froze the Ifrit. It couldn't handle a barrage from a powerful mage – even Arctomiy could feel the icy cold wind lash at his face. He was left quite breathless, both from the cold air that had rushed into his lungs and the running he had done, only really able to try to catch his breath before he could say anything.

30. - Top - End - #90

Connie looks to the wizard who blasted the fire elemental. "Cool..." she murmurs, before she actually pays attention to what he says. "Right! Go with you, got it, sir!"

"..."

"Can you teach me how you did that?"
    Connie asks after a moment or two of quiet. "Not now, of course-there's other stuff to handle right now. But later?" she adds with a smile.

Show
    Show

Show