New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Postsmate's Bottom Friendly Menu

Anyone else think this is, uh, kinda gross to be on TV?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Postsmate's Bottom Friendly Menu

Cheeky, perhaps. Certainly not gross. Accidental implication that tops don't poop was kind of hilarious.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Pirate ninja; 2022-06-23 at 04:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    {Scrub the post, scrub the quote}
    Makes sense. It's not something to show on TV after Dora The Explorer, but as a personalized streaming ad... Yee.
    Last edited by Pirate ninja; 2022-06-23 at 04:28 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

This is funny and informative without being vulgar, I have absolutely no issue with this.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Unfortunately not true! I get ads like these fairly often and I'm not receptive. XD Not if they actually looked at my watch/search history.
    Last edited by Pirate ninja; 2022-06-23 at 04:29 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #8

It's an ad for a food delivery service. If you've used a food delivery service you would be "receptive" to this.

Ok, I guess I'm the odd man out. I just found it fairly off putting for an ad about food to be talking about poopy butt... relations. Am I crazy? Seems like a legit concern.
    Last edited by Pirate ninja; 2022-06-23 at 04:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think there's much issue with the ad discussing any particular kind of "relations", though I find it a bit odd there's a food delivery ad discussing "relations" at all. It'd be kind of like an ad for pineapples discussing the "secondary taste benefits" of consuming it.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I don't think there's much issue with the ad discussing any particular kind of "relations", though I find it a bit odd there's a food delivery ad discussing "relations" at all. It'd be kind of like an ad for pineapples discussing the "secondary taste benefits" of consuming it.
    I think there's issue with it. While I agree with your sentiment this ad is literally talking about feces while selling you food. The most unappetizing approach to cuisine I can imagine.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

(Note: Didn't watch the clip.
    Probably won't from the sound of it.)

Well, it certainly got people to talk about it.
    So, from that point of view it is successful.

(At least) half the point of a ad is drawing attention after all. Now whether is successfully sells anyone on its product is a different question.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tevin View Post
    I think there's issue with it. While I agree with your sentiment this ad is literally talking about feces while selling you food. The most unappetizing approach to cuisine I can imagine.
    Activia yogurt has been doing that for as long as I can remember. I don't see the problem with it, and frankly, while I don't care one way or the other about the method they used to convey it (except for thinking it's somewhere between mildly clever and Voughtland-style corporate pandering), but the actual message is fairly good and delivered effectively.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Activia yogurt has been doing that for as long as I can remember. I don't see the problem with it, and frankly, while I don't care one way or the other about the method they used to convey it (except for thinking it's somewhere between mildly clever and Voughtland-style corporate pandering), but the actual message is fairly good and delivered effectively.
    I think the difference is that Activia's commercials talk about maintaining healthy gut bacteria and avoiding constipation whereas this one talks about messy anal sex... which paints a picture in the minds eye, at least for me. That said, I don't particularly enjoy Activia commercials either. If you have an example of an Activia commercial that is as explicit about messy rectum activities I'll be glad to pan that as well.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HeyHoWhatUpYo View Post
    this one talks about messy anal sex... which paints a picture in the minds eye, at least for me.
    At most it alludes to anal sex. If that's too much for your imagination, I don't really know what to tell you.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

15. - Top - End - #15

Seems like a legit concern.
    I mean, if that's how you really feel:

https://twitter.com/postmates
    https://www.facebook.com/Postmates/
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    At most it alludes to anal sex. If that's too much for your imagination, I don't really know what to tell you.
    It alludes to anal sex that is too "messy" to be enjoyable. Let's keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    {Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Pirate ninja; 2022-06-22 at 10:38 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

I'm not telling you to leave, I'm directing you somewhere where your comments might actually affect change.

(Assuming that's your aim, anyway.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

18. - Top - End - #18

I'm not telling you to leave, I'm directing you somewhere where your comments might actually affect change.

(Assuming that's your aim, anyway.)
    Oh, did you honestly think no one has complained to them directly? Or did you just think that they'd only listen to me because I'm a monolith of wisdom? If it's the latter... D'aww, thank you!

19. - Top - End - #19

Oh, did you honestly think no one has complained to them directly? Or did you just think that they'd only listen to me because I'm a monolith of wisdom? If it's the latter... D'aww, thank you!
    I didn't know whether you had done so, no.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #20

I didn't know whether you had done so, no.
    Well, like most people on these forums, when I talk about something I like or don't like it's to drum up conversation. That's typically what a discussion forum is for.{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Pirate ninja; 2022-06-22 at 10:39 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

The issue is there's not a ton of discussion to be had. "Relations" aren't a board friendly topic, and I figured out where the line was as far as explicit language in my first year here; it's not a discussion that can be had in detail if you know what I'm saying.

And anything else on the topic starts butting up against other taboo topics like religion and politics, which will get the thread locked anyway.

The advice of "discuss this topic somewhere else" is sound.

22. - Top - End - #22

Well, like most people on these forums, when I talk about something I like or don't like it's to drum up conversation. That's typically what a discussion forum is for. Do you typically direct people who like or dislike something to the creators of it and ask them to voice their concerns elsewhere? I don't seem to see any other examples of this in your posting history. Seems like an odd behavior for a forum regular, but to each their own, I guess.
    What Rynjin said, but also - usually a discussion topic has a bit more discussion fodder than "look at this! Ew, amirite? Discuss."
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #23

What Rynjin said, but also - usually a discussion topic has a bit more discussion fodder than "look at this! Ew, amirite? Discuss."
    That's not what I said, it's a very simplified {scrubbed}representation of what I said, a{scrubbed}. Also, it's just not correct. This forum is filled with people plainly starting threads saying "I just watched X movie/show/whatever and I liked/disliked it! Here's the reasons why..." It's literally the same thing I did here. {Scrubbed}

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin
    The issue is there's not a ton of discussion to be had. "Relations" aren't a board friendly topic, and I figured out where the line was as far as explicit language in my first year here; it's not a discussion that can be had in detail if you know what I'm saying.

And anything else on the topic starts butting up against other taboo topics like religion and politics, which will get the thread locked anyway.

The advice of "discuss this topic somewhere else" is sound.
    I don't think anyone here is wanting to speak in great detail about the "relations" being mentioned in the commercial, more about the appropriateness of such a commercial existing in the first place. It struck me as incredibly odd just how tone deaf a company must be to be actively talking about "messy" bum relations while trying to sell people food. Seemed unappetizing to me.

I'm not sure what this commercial or it's appropriateness has to do with religion or politics. Can someone not like or dislike this video without underlying religious or political ideals? I'm not religious at all, and my politics don't involve this type of thing one way or the other.

I disagree that this needs to be discussed somewhere else. It seems to have been discussed just fine so far. We even had a moderator chime in... without locking the thread or disciplining anyone so I don't feel the fear of forum violations is sound. There have been none. I could say the same fears could be present in reviewing just about any type of media, it's all dependent on your political or religious leanings. Some people consider Pokemon to be Satanic, for example, but should that mean we can't talk about Pokemon here?
    Last edited by Pirate ninja; 2022-06-22 at 10:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

This forum is filled with people plainly starting threads saying "I just watched X movie/show/whatever and I liked/disliked it! Here's the reasons why..." It's literally the same thing I did here.
    Your opening post contains very little of that beyond the dislike, particularly the bolded part. My intent in pointing that out wasn't to attack you, but to help the thread along in a more productive direction. When you're ready to discuss any of those reasons then I'll weigh in, otherwise I'm more than happy to step back.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #25

Your opening post contains very little of that beyond the dislike, particularly the bolded part. My intent in pointing that out wasn't to attack you, but to help the thread along in a more productive direction. When you're ready to discuss any of those reasons then I'll weigh in, otherwise I'm more than happy to step back.
    I have given those reasons a number of times. In fact, I gave a reason in my post that is literally mere inches on your screen above your post claiming I haven't given those reasons.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

The Fullmetal Mod: Locked for review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pirate in the Playground Moderator

PirateWench

Modly Roger:

This has been reviewed and will remain locked. In part because the subject matter and how it has been discussed sails close to our rules on explicit sexuality, and in part because it has generated acrimony with several rule breaches by different people in just a few posts.