New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Terrors of the Spidersilk Forest IC

Quote Originally Posted by aeolegion View Post
    Huw had been staring at the vast frieze with something like wonder, taking in the details. The use of lotus is familiar -- the artisan responsible is at least familiar with certain styles of period art. A hotly debated topic: Is the flowerized weaponry a stylization or a bowdlerization? Of course, less commonly reckoned by the art scholars is this: To a true master of a weapon art, literal flowers could do in a pinch.

"Am also thirst for drink. Am running low on, ah... what is word. Piaobai?"

He retrieves a canteen from his side, very little liquid still moving within. "You know name for this?" He offers the canteen to his teammate or the attendant, whoever will sample first.

Spoiler: Whoever takes the plunge
    Show
    Ah yes. Cold. Refreshing. Like a cool pool in the hottest summer days. That lovely smell, strong and tingly on the liIT'S BLEACH
    Xyooj Ke Yaaj looks at the Huw as he takes in the large room's decorations before he issues a dismissive reptilian snort and continues speaking in their shared language

Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    "See, what I told you, brother, complete nonsense. The Silarke -- or Sillar Keye, or whatever local dialectical variation on the ethnyme you want to use -- have concocted this entire stream of propaganda whole cloth and sold it to the naïve Marchlanders -- it's all complete nonsense. There was never any way of any sort between my people and any of the humans. Hah! There very thought is laughable -- we would have utterly destroyed them beyond any capacity to remember their defeat had we chosen to do so -- which, I remind you, I am explicitly telling you we did not. No, we are a thoroughly peaceable people, interested only in preserving and recovering the ancient knowledge of our draconic forebearers."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

The male proprietor continues,

"Greetings travelers"

He pointedly regards the distinctive bloddebted brands on the neck of each one of the recent prisoners,

"The peace of the Three Maidens of Heaven, and the blessings of their first and greatest messenger, the noble Prophet Alvin, be with all of you -- rest assured, while you may have suffered scorn from the citizens of the sinful lands of those who slew the Prophet, we, his students, abide by the holy words of the crystal tablets that he translated in the Book of Revelations, where it says, in the 3rd chapter of the Book of Comfort, "the absence of treasure is no sin, but the lack of virtue, of which the chief is charity, in an unpardonable trespass." You are assuredly welcome here, and need have no fear that your condemnation by the sinful laws of the people of blood will be laid to your charge among the students of the Prophet."

"My name is Daycal Snow, and I am a descendent of one of the first thirteen disciples of the Prophet -- my many times great grandmother founded this establishment, and my family have overseen it, and offered hospitality to guests in the Village of Tyrne for many centuries."

"Pray tell, what has brought your curious company to our humble settlement -- the Inn of the Majestic Gate is a meeting place of many peoples, and I am privy to the lion's share of the local news. Furthermore, " Daycal gestures around the room, pointing with especial emphasis to the decorative friezes, "this establishment has preserved something about this tumultuous history of this remarkable land, and I should be happy to enlighten you on any questions on this topic that you might possess."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Bump, what is everyone waiting on?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Kaya adjusted her headband a bit awkwardly, looking around at her traveling companions. She needed to get her metaphorical feet back under her; she had only been in that prison for a few months, but it was... difficult, to talk to people again. But the only way to get back to normal was to practice, right? She stepped a little closer to the proprietor, forcing her posture to straighten and dusting off her Swaschant. "Um, yes, we've been... asked to come look into a few disappearances." The fact that the people who sent them were more interested in the goods than the people wasn't important; she knew which of the two she'd save, given the choice, and if they weren't fine with that then they shouldn't have picked her, Light or no Light. With a bit of momentum, she managed to force herself to continue. The adventurers in the stories managed to put on confidence easily, like an old coat, but the best she could manage was to wrap herself in a bit of it like a tattered old scarf. She felt like she was impersonating herself. "They told us that there have been a lot of strange happenings in the area; strange magics, disappearances, troubles on nearby farms. They even dispatched a knight of the Emerald Drakes, did they not? What are the locals saying about all of this? Is there anything we can do to help?"
    Last edited by FrightKnight0; 2022-06-28 at 06:50 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by z3r0gamer View Post
    Kaya adjusted her headband a bit awkwardly, looking around at her traveling companions. She needed to get her metaphorical feet back under her; she had only been in that prison for a few months, but it was... difficult, to talk to people again. But the only way to get back to normal was to practice, right? She stepped a little closer to the proprietor, forcing her posture to straighten and dusting off her Swaschant. "Um, yes, we've been... asked to come look into a few disappearances." The fact that the people who sent them were more interested in the goods than the people wasn't important; she knew which of the two she'd save, given the choice, and if they weren't fine with that then they shouldn't have picked her, Light or no Light. With a bit of momentum, she managed to force herself to continue. The adventurers in the stories managed to put on confidence easily, like an old coat, but the best she could manage was to wrap herself in a bit of it like a tattered old scarf. She felt like she was impersonating herself. "They told us that there have been a lot of strange happenings in the area; strange magics, disappearances, troubles on nearby farms. They even dispatched a knight of the Emerald Drakes, did they not? What are the locals saying about all of this? Is there anything we can do to help?"

Daycal chuckles, "Help? Well, if the noble Sir Keghart Hovasap Moutafian Zentuntsian of the Ancient and Revered Order of the Emerald Dragon by the Divine and Effulgent Grace of His Royal Highness, master of a hundred weapons, was, apparently dispatched, what makes you think you'll be able to do anything about it, stranger? Of course," he glances at the punitive brands of each of the blooddebted ""I well understand that your marking will make simply cutting and running difficult, given the extradition treaties which High Royal and Majestic Highness and his inquisitors have with all the surrounding nations, and that many of my fellow Marchlanders would be only too happy to deliver you into the hands of the authorities in return for the standard bounty... but still, you can't honestly imagine you're going to manage what no none else yet has even apparently come anywhere near to even competently attempting?"

Xyooj Ke Yaaj suddenly takes note of a Marchlander at one of the tables, who stands up slightly to wave at the kobold,

The diminutive reptilian bows slightly,

"You'll have to excuse me, one of my business partners apparently requires my attention. I hope we shall have the opportunity to meet again, anon, noble wanderers."

After the kobold has moved beyond hearing distance, Daycal assumes a more serious tone, and a slightly conspiratorial manner,

Daycal then assumes a more serious, almost conspiratorial tone, ""

"I must also warn you, now that the little one has moved beyond our hearing, that you shouldn't trust him or his kind" he gestures at the decorative friezes that dominate the walls of the Inn of the Majestic Gate, "the draconids -- what we Marchlanders call the kobolds -- have lived in this forest as long as we have records, and I do not doubt their traditions that they have been natives of this region for some 80,000 years or more. I have heard that one, and others like him who visit our settlements, stridently deny the truth of the histories handed down to us by the Sillarke and others -- including the dryads, treants, and wood elves that inhabit this region, but I don't believe a word of it, and, if it is true, they mean neither you nor us any good. The old stories which our taletellers received from the aforementioned say that, in the distant past, perhaps 10,000 years ago, the draconids and the Sillarke fought a great war for the control of the Spidersilk Forest. The Sillarke were a nomadic people seeking to escape a drought, and they were originally invited to settle by the draconids. However, this was only a ruse. The draconids were at that time ruled by a council of powerful witches known as the Queens of Silk, all powerful magic-users that had learned the dark art of transforming themselves into dragons. The greatest of these was the Queen of Fangs, Satsourkeasambathsothea -- also known as Satashtana the Cruel whose disciples stole the children of the Sillarke in order for their mistress to sacrifice them to her malign elemental patrons. In return, they gifted her the power to transform the land and arise to a semi-divine condition wherein she was able to endow her disciples with miraculous powers. Even the other witches of the Queens of Silk feared Stashtana, and foresaw that she would subject all to her rule. Several of the witch queens provided surreptitious aid to the sillarke and their elven and other woodlands allies, whereby they defeated the Queen of Fangs and her armies of abominations at the Battle of the Ten Groves. The corpse of the Queen of Fangs was removed by one of her disciples, a powerful summoner, and all of her forces, though broken vowed a terrible revenge against the humans, and their own brethren for their defeat."

"Some stories say that Satashtana's corpse was preserved inviolate in amber and encased in a great sarcophagus of jade, pending the day when her children should devise some means to reawaken her."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Déantán Cú Deatherage sighs slightly, still waiting on the cheap swill to be placed in a mug and brought before him, as the human doubts their skills. Not that they had much to be impressive with at the moment anyways. As Daycal goes on about how kobolds aren't to be trusted, the mink glances at the kobold debtor sitting next to him for a brief moment.

"Well it doesn't very moehch matter. Dat was a lahng time ago, and I ain't 'uman. She dooehgh might 'ave to 'ave sahmethin to wahrry abooeht de in dark fahrest if any o' dat is true ahr relevant at dis mahment." the mink pointed at Kaya "Fahr now dooehgh, are dere any dwarfs ooeht and abooeht arooehnd 'ere? Perhaps a few gamblin dens? Cooehrse dats 'ow I gaht in me pahsition. Dat and de student fees and lahng stahry dat I'm naht moehch ahbliged to share wit you at dis mahment. Whats mahst impahrtant coehrrently is grahg, food, and sleep. Been a lahng day marchin down de fields and me legs are shahrt."
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Kaya bristled a bit at the blow to her pride, but managed to bite back an immediate retort. Her hair trigger temper had gotten her into this mess, and Mama didn't raise a nitwit who couldn't learn from her mistakes. "Perhaps the good sir knight was enchanted while he was busy introducing himself," she snarked before her mind caught up to her mouth, voice sickly sweet. She forced her posture to relax, consciously tapping her fingers against each other in a rhythmic pattern to keep her hands unclenched. She took a deep breath to order her thoughts before speaking again.

"Regardless of whether you think we can or not, there are people who are in danger from these events, people who need help, and I mean to make the attempt. 'twere best such an attempt was made with the most complete information possible, yes?" She tugged at the clothing nearest her brand self-consciously, the innkeeper's gaze reminding her of the ugly scar tissue that tugged at her skin whenever her muscles tensed the wrong way. "I don't mean to die in a prison cell, nor running from a greedy bounty hunter," the Lightweaver said meaningfully, fixing the bartender with a level, firm gaze.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Kaya bristled a bit at the blow to her pride, but managed to bite back an immediate retort. Her hair trigger temper had gotten her into this mess, and Mama didn't raise a nitwit who couldn't learn from her mistakes. "Perhaps the good sir knight was enchanted while he was busy introducing himself," she snarked before her mind caught up to her mouth, voice sickly sweet. She forced her posture to relax, consciously tapping her fingers against each other in a rhythmic pattern to keep her hands unclenched. She took a deep breath to order her thoughts before speaking again.

"Regardless of whether you think we can or not, there are people who are in danger from these events, people who need help, and I mean to make the attempt. 'twere best such an attempt was made with the most complete information possible, yes?" She tugged at the clothing nearest her brand self-consciously, the innkeeper's gaze reminding her of the ugly scar tissue that tugged at her skin whenever her muscles tensed the wrong way. "I don't mean to die in a prison cell, nor running from a greedy bounty hunter," the Lightweaver said meaningfully, fixing the bartender with a level, firm gaze.
    Daycal nods,

"Have it your way then, stranger -- all I know is that the good sir knight, as well as the other parties that headed out into the woods heard the same tale I just told you, as well as a few other choice pieces of information -- the River Terralschvaneveldt, which lies north of the Village of Tyrne, is near the Cregggatobon Mountains, a low ridge that rises from the midst of the Spidersilk Forest -- it is said that these hills were, during the ancient wars of the draconids and their foes the refuge of the servants of the Queen of Fangs. For millennia, they have been quiet, but the Marchlander Roamers that patroll the region have recently returned reports that some strange draconid activity has been seen in the area. The draconics also appear to be guarding the approach to the hills along the aforementioned waterway. Goblins and wargs have also been sighted in the area, and these were, of old, numbered among the servants of the draconids."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well it combs down to two ahptions we gaht 'ere. either we abandahn dis, go back to livin in cell wit fefty ahther people all 'aht and sweaty tell we starve to deat. Ahr perhaps oehntil ooehr bahdies atrahphy into bein cahmpletely wahrthless and den die. Ahr we cooehld go ooeht into yooehr dark fahrest and maybe we meet a beasty maybe dahn't. Maybe we die, ahr maybe we're de right kend o' idiot wit de right kend o' loehck dat is oehtterly unexpected." the mink interjects.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Halfling in the Playground

"Your tale is most interest," the kobold deadpans, untrustworthily.

"Mighty Atsaumbak beats wing; clouds reform in violent shapes, angrier and angrier, until storm breaks. Now, this one am not Atsaumbak; no wings, ha. Instead, can give speakings of her aspect, her mythos. But limits: Myth am not histories; histories, not events. Maps, not territory. You understand, yes? We then do not give overmuch mind-time, or anger-time in specific, to words of maybe-wars of maybe-past, yes?

"Am no karmic wyrm, either; must wait to see before judge. So. When I am give speakings of dragon-tales, you may trust. And when you am offer drink, I trust," he concludes, shaking the still-mostly-empty canteen pointedly.

"Anyway, what were last places the very precious knight was seen, before being unseen? Meeting with any persons?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

"Your tale is most interest," the kobold deadpans, untrustworthily.

"Mighty Atsaumbak beats wing; clouds reform in violent shapes, angrier and angrier, until storm breaks. Now, this one am not Atsaumbak; no wings, ha. Instead, can give speakings of her aspect, her mythos. But limits: Myth am not histories; histories, not events. Maps, not territory. You understand, yes? We then do not give overmuch mind-time, or anger-time in specific, to words of maybe-wars of maybe-past, yes?

"Am no karmic wyrm, either; must wait to see before judge. So. When I am give speakings of dragon-tales, you may trust. And when you am offer drink, I trust," he concludes, shaking the still-mostly-empty canteen pointedly.

"Anyway, what were last places the very precious knight was seen, before being unseen? Meeting with any persons?"
    "Sir Zentuntsian actually stayed here during his preparations for this expedition up the River Terralschvaneveldt -- the Roamers who he conferred with joined the expedition, and they, likewise, haven't returned -- I also observed him talking to your new scaly friend" Daycal points his chin at Xyooj Ke Yaaj "though I didn't hear what they spoke about."

12. - Top - End - #42

A wet blink. A nod.

The small draconic gent is off to go confer with his fellow of the scale.

Hobbling over to Xyooj Ke Yaaj, he waits for a pause in the discussion before speaking: "«According to the large attendant behind the bar, there was a knight of legendary renown who recently passed through on a similar mission. Sir Keghart Hovasup... with more titles beside, only recited to me the one time. That one said he spoke to you. I wish to trawl this lava flow: Did anything stand out about the discussion? Destination, challenges, disasters?»"
    Last edited by aeolegion; 2022-07-01 at 11:21 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

"Thank you," Kaya says sweetly, if a little bit stressed, nodding respectfully and stepping back, looking at her companions. The kobold, Huw, is already chattering away in a language she doesn't understand, and she'll trust him to handle that bit of information. To the mink-folk, she says, "I'll be back in a while. I'm going to go talk to those merchants that entered town with us, see if they've got another perspective on these rumors." Drawing her cloak about herself as though about to exit into a torrential rainstorm instead of a moderately populated town, Kaya takes a deep breath and then leaves the inn, backtracking towards the gate while looking for Caldwell Street. "Let's see," she mutters to herself, "If he said take a left onto Caldwell, I need a right since I'm coming from this way. What does an Exchequer's hall even look like...

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Now alone, the mink continues "So wooehld ya be gettin me sahme o' dat grahg yet? Me kahbold friend was lookin fahr whatever it was to fell 'is flask too. Perhaps we shooehld be needin sahme place to spend de night, and sahme games o' cards ahr dice to boehllshat over. Any infahrmation in dis wooehld be kendly appreciated."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

A wet blink. A nod.

The small draconic gent is off to go confer with his fellow of the scale.

Hobbling over to Xyooj Ke Yaaj, he waits for a pause in the discussion before speaking: "«According to the large attendant behind the bar, there was a knight of legendary renown who recently passed through on a similar mission. Sir Keghart Hovasup... with more titles beside, only recited to me the one time. That one said he spoke to you. I wish to trawl this lava flow: Did anything stand out about the discussion? Destination, challenges, disasters?»"
    Xyooj Ke Yaaj grunts, curling his reptilian snout in an expression of apparent disgust as he replies,

Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    "Just what I told you brother, all lies -- I said nothing to the Sir Keghart except what I have already conveyed to you at length... that the fanciful tales of my people's ancient wars with the wode elfes, the centuars, the ents, the silarkes, and others, are nothing but that -- fables. The Silarke, as I have told you, are a nomadic people that concoct such stories to assert their claims to foreign territories, and to gain the sympathy of local human populations such as the Marchlanders, who I do not doubt they hope to enlist in the whatever colonial scheme they might devise within these territories. I told the knight as much, but he was determined to investigate the rumors to which you have referred. There is nothing in that region of the forest except dens of dire wolf spiders and other dangerous predators. There is nothing to be found there but danger, and certainly no knowledge that will help to answer the mystery of the stolen cargonite shipments. No, brother, you had best leave the matter well enough alone and not be led astray by these foolish ravings."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

"Thank you," Kaya says sweetly, if a little bit stressed, nodding respectfully and stepping back, looking at her companions. The kobold, Huw, is already chattering away in a language she doesn't understand, and she'll trust him to handle that bit of information. To the mink-folk, she says, "I'll be back in a while. I'm going to go talk to those merchants that entered town with us, see if they've got another perspective on these rumors." Drawing her cloak about herself as though about to exit into a torrential rainstorm instead of a moderately populated town, Kaya takes a deep breath and then leaves the inn, backtracking towards the gate while looking for Caldwell Street. "Let's see," she mutters to herself, "If he said take a left onto Caldwell, I need a right since I'm coming from this way. What does an Exchequer's hall even look like...
    Might want to ask a local to direct you to the correct location?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    Now alone, the mink continues "So wooehld ya be gettin me sahme o' dat grahg yet? Me kahbold friend was lookin fahr whatever it was to fell 'is flask too. Perhaps we shooehld be needin sahme place to spend de night, and sahme games o' cards ahr dice to boehllshat over. Any infahrmation in dis wooehld be kendly appreciated."
    Daycal quickly fetches refreshment for the mink, and then appends the following: "There are only two rooms left at this establishment for the night, and I'd be happy to offer you those accommodations, but I'll need an immediate commitment, as it's a busy season, and I'm likely to have other inquires presently -- I can't hold them if someone else asks for them, which I know, by experience, they will shortly"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sanadnon33 View Post
    Might want to ask a local to direct you to the correct location?
    Kaya looks around the street that she thinks is Caldwell, trying to find someone who looks like they know where things are and isn't too busy. "Excuse me," she calls out, smiling as she approaches them. "Could you tell me how to get to the Hall of the Exchequer?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Daycal quickly fetches refreshment for the mink, and then appends the following: "There are only two rooms left at this establishment for the night, and I'd be happy to offer you those accommodations, but I'll need an immediate commitment, as it's a busy season, and I'm likely to have other inquires presently -- I can't hold them if someone else asks for them, which I know, by experience, they will shortly"
    "Fine, we'll get down wit de rooms first. 'ow moehch does one o' dem cahst?"

the mink asks. He'd be willing to share with the other blooddebted, but he wasn't going to go out of his way to help get them all their own accommodation. Course he was a tad bit surprised at the suggestion that before the day was through someone else was going to purchase the rooms.

20. - Top - End - #50

"«I see. If the knight perished in vain, then I will still strive to take lesson from it, if appropriately inverted. You have my thanks; you've been as a rain-leaf amidst desert. While I am in town, please do not hesitate to ask if there is any way I can be of assistance.»"

Wheeling back around, Huw finds Deantan wheeling and dealing on the question of rooms. "The Kaya one is off in searches, yes? Hm... am reserve as many rooms as practical, then. For safeties."

To Daycal: "Yes, hello. Did the perished knight leave things in room of stayings? Is it one of the vacancies? Will take, and eat wisdom of what not to do."
    Last edited by aeolegion; 2022-07-03 at 12:57 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

"«I see. If the knight perished in vain, then I will still strive to take lesson from it, if appropriately inverted. You have my thanks; you've been as a rain-leaf amidst desert. While I am in town, please do not hesitate to ask if there is any way I can be of assistance.»"

Wheeling back around, Huw finds Deantan wheeling and dealing on the question of rooms. "The Kaya one is off in searches, yes? Hm... am reserve as many rooms as practical, then. For safeties."

To Daycal: "Yes, hello. Did the perished knight leave things in room of stayings? Is it one of the vacancies? Will take, and eat wisdom of what not to do."
    Daycal nods, "Indeed, he did leave many of his belongings, but they were all retrieved by his fellow brothers of the Knights of the Order of the Emerald Drake, who are amongst the garrisons of the border forts of the Kingdom of Ghyfe which are distributed throughout the Spidersilk Forest. The rooms which he had let are indeed one of the spare accommodations, why do you ask?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    "Fine, we'll get down wit de rooms first. 'ow moehch does one o' dem cahst?"

the mink asks. He'd be willing to share with the other blooddebted, but he wasn't going to go out of his way to help get them all their own accommodation. Course he was a tad bit surprised at the suggestion that before the day was through someone else was going to purchase the rooms.
    Daycal responds, "The rooms are 64gp a night -- I apologize for the unusually high rate, but there is currently a dearth of free lodgings in the Village of Tyrne, and I am not responsible for setting the fees for the Inn of the Majestic Gate, I am only a humble steward."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Kaya looks around the street that she thinks is Caldwell, trying to find someone who looks like they know where things are and isn't too busy. "Excuse me," she calls out, smiling as she approaches them. "Could you tell me how to get to the Hall of the Exchequer?"
    Kaya manages to attract the attention of a young women traveling down the busy thoroughfare. As she pauses, Kaya notices the woman's left root rests on one of the intermittent ornamentations of the road -- small, clear bricks inscribed with the words of the Book of Revelations. Like her fellows, she has blonde hair, sky blue eyes, and pale, unblemished skin, resembling almost a porcelain doll, such is the eerie symmetry and precision of her countenance -- another dozen maidens on the street have an identical appearance. She is wearing a bonnet and a white dress with a green overcoat made of plush silk with golden buttons. She nods as she turns to address Kaya,

"Why yes, traveler, I do know the way to the Hall of the Exchequer" she gestures a short way in the distance to a building which appears to be plated with gold coins, sewn into row upon row of decorative sheets, and laid over brick. The roof is a vibrant red made of terra-cotta tiles "however, I would be amiss were I not to encourage you, before stepping foot in a place of exchange, to direct yourself to the words of the Prophet Alvin, by visiting one of the meeting houses where my sisters and brothers in the Church of the Final Prophet would be glad to offer you instruction in the wisdom contained in the Book of Revelations. The treasures of the Hall of the Exchequer are of this world, traveler, but those of the Meeting House of the Church of the Final Prophet are the currency of eternity." She points at a peculiar white building with a steeple that appears to be made of marble -- made, or fashioned, rather than built, because the organic lines of the structure make it appear as if it were grown rather than constructed.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Kaya shifts uncomfortably, remembering a time when her mother took her to a dollmaker's shop and she found herself at the center of a crowd of lifeless, porcelain eyes. She looks down at the Hall but does not see the brightly colored caravan outside it. "Yes, well," she prevaricates, shaking off the temporary discomfort from the unwelcome sense memory and pressing on. "I appreciate the concern, but I'm mostly looking for the merchants who were directed here a few minutes ago. Travelers, dark of skin and with brightly colored carts pulled by great, grey beasts with one horn. I was hoping they wouldn't be very hard to find, since it's been just a little while and the wagons make for quite a sight."
    Last edited by FrightKnight0; 2022-07-04 at 01:27 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55

"For investigations," he explains tersely his wish to see the knight's room.

At the quoted figure, he nods. "Is steep, but 64 copper is accept-" he pauses, mouthing the word 'gold'. He stares at the man in silence for about half a minute, unmoving, expression blank.

Finally, he blinks. "Am give two coins, to claim two sixty-fourths of knight room rental. Of twelve-hour rental, is... just over twenty minute. Is agree?"
    Last edited by aeolegion; 2022-07-04 at 01:38 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Kaya shifts uncomfortably, remembering a time when her mother took her to a dollmaker's shop and she found herself at the center of a crowd of lifeless, porcelain eyes. She looks down at the Hall but does not see the brightly colored caravan outside it. "Yes, well," she prevaricates, shaking off the temporary discomfort from the unwelcome sense memory and pressing on. "I appreciate the concern, but I'm mostly looking for the merchants who were directed here a few minutes ago. Travelers, dark of skin and with brightly colored carts pulled by great, grey beasts with one horn. I was hoping they wouldn't be very hard to find, since it's been just a little while and the wagons make for quite a sight."
    The Marchlander maiden inclines her head slightly -- the expression resembling something like a puzzled songbird. "Oh, of course, the Sillarke caravan -- I did see one of them enter the Gates of the Abundant Mercies of the Three Maidens about a half-candle past. If they were directed to the Hall of the Grand Exchequer, than they likely stabled their draft animals in the Bryson Krehl's stables -- he has a long-standing relationship with a number of the Sillarke clans that travel between the Rose Deserts and Hossis on their biannual caravan routes -- once in the spring, and once in the autumn -- trading and traveling within either Hossis or Ghyfe during the summer or winter, respectively."
    Last edited by sanadnon33; 2022-07-04 at 11:06 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

"For investigations," he explains tersely his wish to see the knight's room.

At the quoted figure, he nods. "Is steep, but 64 copper is accept-" he pauses, mouthing the word 'gold'. He stares at the man in silence for about half a minute, unmoving, expression blank.

Finally, he blinks. "Am give two coins, to claim two sixty-fourths of knight room rental. Of twelve-hour rental, is... just over twenty minute. Is agree?"
    Daycal nods, "Yes, and, again, I have no control over the rates -- the proprietor sets them, not me."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

The Marchlander maiden inclines her head slightly -- the expression resembling something like a puzzled songbird. "Oh, of course, the Sillarke caravan -- I did see one of them enter the Gates of the Abundant Mercies of the Three Maidens about a half-candle past. If they were directed to the Hall of the Grand Exchequer, than they likely stabled their draft animals in the Bryson Krehl's stables -- he has a long-standing relationship with a number of the Sillarke clans that travel between the Rose Deserts and Hossis on their biannual caravan routes -- once in the spring, and once in the autumn -- trading and traveling within either Hossis or Ghyfe during the summer or winter, respectively."
    Kaya smiled a bit wider and replied, "Excellent. Then I suppose it'd be best for me to head towards Master Krehl's stables, if I wanted to talk with them. Could you point me in the right direction once again, ma'am?"

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Kaya smiled a bit wider and replied, "Excellent. Then I suppose it'd be best for me to head towards Master Krehl's stables, if I wanted to talk with them. Could you point me in the right direction once again, ma'am?"
    "Indeed" the young woman gestures at the peculiar, coin-clad structure, "you'll find it right behind the main hall of the registry of the Grand Exchequer." she then pulls out a small booklet from her pocket -- a thick, digest-sized codex with a paper cover. It has the look of a product that is mass produced and made of thin paper stock. "Even if you're not intending to visit the meeting hall at the moment, perhaps you would be interested in reading the words of the Three Maidens of Heaven which the Prophet Alvin translated from the crystal tablets of the Highest Mountain of Paradise in his youth, before he and his students were driven from the blood-soaked lands of the sinful Empire of Ghedron, and led hither to the Blessed Glade of the Eternal and Everliving Ones." without waiting for a reply the woman firmly places the small volume into Kaya's hands and swiftly moves down the street. The small codex has a paper cover with an elaborate font on the front which proclaims THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS and in smaller type below being the revelations translated by the Prophet Alvin by the gift and power of the winged emissaries of the Three Maidens of the Highest Summit of Paradise, written in the ethereal language of the Hidden Caverns of the Subtle Effervescence of the Translators of the Paradise of Light upon the Seven Million, Seven Hundred and Seventy Seven Thousand, Seven Hundred and Seventy Seven tablets of the Three Maidens of the Invisible Fire of the Eternal Song. The little book appears to have over a thousand leaves, and to be written in an extremely small font, in seven dense columns on every page. Perhaps it will prove of some use to understand the distinctive religious persuasions of the Marchlanders?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

gahlly, and you bein de ahnly inn in dese 'ere parts. i wooehldn't 'ave expected de town to be soehch quite a pricey sahrt o' place. prahbably can ahnly stay 'ere wance and den spend de rest o' de time ooeht in de dark fahrest to try and avoid mahre debt bein added ahn. you look like a respectable kend o' lad, dooehght you were de owner o' dis place. the mink retorts for a bit. boeht yes i'll take de room. 'ahpe it combs wit sahme sahrt o' meal ahn its cahst and maybe sahme sahrt o' entertainment.