A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: THE UNIVERSAL WAR - [Pathfinder Level 20, Gestalt & Myth

Quote Originally Posted by Nightraiderx View Post
    request for twilight ingressor
    Twilight Ingressor approved.

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    @Quantumphear
    I would like to know how you rule this weapon/shield for the purpose of magical enhancements

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/w...criptions/klar
    Klar
    Category one-handed Proficiency martial
    Weapon Groups heavy blades, close
    A metal klar counts as a light steel shield with armor spikes

for magical enhancements I can see weapon for certain.
    Would that weapon magic enhancement count as it's shield enhancement for the purpose of overall shield bonus as well.
    With no need to pay the related "Armor enhancement" cost ??
    The shield and the armor spikes must be enchanted separately.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Reposting.
    This question has already been answered earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarthrax View Post
    @QuantumPhear-

Requesting Ebon Initiate and the Necromera prestige class. (And yes, I saw the warning above about lichdom and undeath being a sub-optimal path.)
    Ebon Initiate and Necromera are 3.5 homebrew; I will not be approving 3.5 homebrew as part of this campaign.
    Oh geez, this should probably be meaningful or something.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: THE UNIVERSAL WAR - [Pathfinder Level 20, Gestalt & Myth

Requesting Improved and Greater Combat Reflexes from Dragon #340 (not to be confused with Improved Combat Reflexes from the Epic Level Handbook), Double Hit from Miniatures Handbook, Karmic Strike from Complete Warrior, and Robilar's Gambit from the 3.5 Player's Handbook II.

Improved and Greater Combat Reflexes allow iterative attacks on a single attack of opportunity, and Double Hit allows two weapon strikes on a single attack of opportunity. Karmic Strike and Robilar's Gambit give opportunity attacks for enemies striking at you, in exchange for lowering your AC and taking more damage. Together, well it does get a bit silly - one swing from within my threatened range turns into two attacks of opportunity, which each consist of four individual attacks. <.<
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Denomar View Post
    Someone give me a concept. Make no mention of mechanics. I shall build it, and the universe shall not quake, but perhaps shift uncomfortably, as if a bed spring were compressed at *just* the right angle.
    a pheasant who just happens to be really really lucky, or unlucky.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

4. - Top - End - #124

Marking interest.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Someone give me a concept. Make no mention of mechanics. I shall build it, and the universe shall not quake, but perhaps shift uncomfortably, as if a bed spring were compressed at *just* the right angle.
    In the Shattered Realmworld of Ki'tu'zu'dum, there was no air, nor water, only tumbling remnants of metallic asteroids, detritus from a conflict before the Gods Self-Anihilated. All that lived there were the Obsidian, glassy servants tasked with an impossible task to lash together enough stone and metal to create a world. In unspeaking concert, since there was no air to carry sound, the Obsidian carried out their task for eons, until the Second Conquest, where Demiurges sought out Ki'tu'zu'dum, thinking that they could harvest and exploit it, and killed the Obsidian. Save for you. You saw the worlds that could be, the Strange Bones of intricate dedications to physics itself. The realms of the demiurges, they cared only for the vermin lifeforms that clung to the surfaces of their jewels. You know the truth, that true beauty is in Geology and with your key, you set out to destroy the boring blue and green marbles of the cosmos, and replace them with abstract mountains and pointilist glaciers.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ebon Initiate and Necromera are 3.5 homebrew; I will not be approving 3.5 homebrew as part of this campaign.
    They were both updated to Pathfinder....
    Last edited by Zarthrax; 2022-06-24 at 04:25 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Requesting Improved and Greater Combat Reflexes from Dragon #340 (not to be confused with Improved Combat Reflexes from the Epic Level Handbook), Double Hit from Miniatures Handbook, Karmic Strike from Complete Warrior, and Robilar's Gambit from the 3.5 Player's Handbook II.

Improved and Greater Combat Reflexes allow iterative attacks on a single attack of opportunity, and Double Hit allows two weapon strikes on a single attack of opportunity. Karmic Strike and Robilar's Gambit give opportunity attacks for enemies striking at you, in exchange for lowering your AC and taking more damage. Together, well it does get a bit silly - one swing from within my threatened range turns into two attacks of opportunity, which each consist of four individual attacks. <.<
    I am not sure about robilar's gambit, but seize the opportunity + dual wielding sphere does the same of the other feats and are pathfinder compliant. There is another talent in the open hand sphere that seems like robilar's gambit.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Firbolg in the Playground

PirateWench

Ellie
    female TN Human see below, Level 20, Init 19, HP 516/516, DR DR 22/-, Speed 80, F 100 perfect
    AC 80, Touch 37, Flat-footed 66, CMD 82, Fort 39, Ref 39, Will 39, CMB +39/+34/+29/+24,
    Abilities Str 52, Dex 36, Con 37, Int 23, Wis 28, Cha 22

Backstory on sheet as well
    Many people ask me how the daughter of a wealthily merchant became a well known warrior of near mythical status.
    I was born to a privileged life as the youngest child of, one of the wealthiest merchants in the area. Father had trading contracts far away so he was often gone for months at a time.. In my youth I got to experience all kinds of foreign foods, clothes made of the best fabric and things others only dreamed of. I wanted for nothing. Even then I was so bored.
    Watching the men go out to train in combat was very fascinating and so I began to mimic their moves. One day the master at arms saw me and must had thought that I had potential as he asked me to come spar with a young man who was doing great. This was a one time only, no weapons allowed brute force match, in which the master exclaimed that, I must have fists of iron as I knocked the young man out in the very first hit.
    It quickly became obvious that I was better than several of the other younger trainees. The master asked a more experienced warrior to attempt disarming me of a weapon that he gave for me to use in combat, The veteran tried many techniques only to fail and he ended up on the ground bleeding. The Master then told me I had earned the right to train with the men if I wanted and that anyone of them could challenge me when ever and that if I lost I would no longer be allowed to train. I was, for some time learning all I could. I learned a great amount of knowledge. Training had honed my skills, which I become adept at the art of dealing death in many different ways.
    I learned much about staying alive, how to fight and the darker side of life, I feared nothing. Here I spent many years earning a living having trained with some of the best around, having never lost to a challenge while in training. I was counted one of the best amongst the elite warriors. I went out with many different adventuring groups over the years and earned a significant fortune, while acquiring many magical items. But a new threat has come to my attention and I have traveled far to join with others in the effort to rid the world of this new threat
    Last edited by samduke; 2022-06-24 at 08:14 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

interested I have a character from a game I applied to but was not chosen that with adjustment should fit this game

this is ausk the combat sage will work on adopting for this game asap if it is allowed

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Duqueen View Post
    ... seize the opportunity + dual wielding sphere ...
    I am too lazy to track it down right this second (Search is down) but there is somewhere on the spheres wiki that just simply states you cannot take both seize and spheres talents, taking one locks you out of the other.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Warlawk View Post
    I am too lazy to track it down right this second (Search is down) but there is somewhere on the spheres wiki that just simply states you cannot take both seize and spheres talents, taking one locks you out of the other.

"Spheres of Might is designed to work largely with itself and with the base rules of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Certain options from other systems, such as the Seize the Opportunity feat or the Respect Bushido ability of the Bushi from Path of War, are extremely powerful when used together with Spheres content, and in most situations too powerful. Material from other systems should not be used with Spheres content without express permission from the GM, and the GM is well within their rights to ban content at a later date if something becomes clearly problematic."

Not really outright ban, the GM allowed both option, but we might need a ruling then.

Nevertheless, IMHO, it is easier to ban infinity combos and allow seize the opportunity than 4+ other feats from 3.5 dragon magazine.

As a last resort, there is the dual opportunity talent, but it works 1/round.

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    In the Shattered Realmworld of Ki'tu'zu'dum, there was no air, nor water, only tumbling remnants of metallic asteroids, detritus from a conflict before the Gods Self-Anihilated. All that lived there were the Obsidian, glassy servants tasked with an impossible task to lash together enough stone and metal to create a world. In unspeaking concert, since there was no air to carry sound, the Obsidian carried out their task for eons, until the Second Conquest, where Demiurges sought out Ki'tu'zu'dum, thinking that they could harvest and exploit it, and killed the Obsidian. Save for you. You saw the worlds that could be, the Strange Bones of intricate dedications to physics itself. The realms of the demiurges, they cared only for the vermin lifeforms that clung to the surfaces of their jewels. You know the truth, that true beauty is in Geology and with your key, you set out to destroy the boring blue and green marbles of the cosmos, and replace them with abstract mountains and pointilist glaciers.

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    a pheasant who just happens to be really really lucky, or unlucky.
    I'm not sure how broadly I can interpret a pheasant in the context of kill six billion demons since they have an animal intelligence, but I DID once say I had considered making an awakened black cat. I'll throw it in the consideration pile.

Wait. Did you mean a peasant? Like a low class farm worker? Or do you mean a Pheasant as in the bird?
    Last edited by Denomar; 2022-06-24 at 10:34 AM.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

A Pheasant Peasant
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure how broadly I can interpret a pheasant in the context of kill six billion demons since they have an animal intelligence, but I DID once say I had considered making an awakened black cat. I'll throw it in the consideration pile.

Wait. Did you mean a peasant? Like a low class farm worker? Or do you mean a Pheasant as in the bird?
    One of those is a dime a dozen. The other, though... let me build on the concept. The temper of the goose from Unnamed Goose Game. And, being the literal totem animal of overly flashy dudes no wait that's a peacock, the romantic styling of Johnny Bravo.
    Semper ludens.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

So... can a weapon-like Veil (either via normal Veil mechanics or Enhanced Veil mechanics) be bound as an Armorist's Bound Equipment?

16. - Top - End - #136

OldWizardGuy

After reading the comic some I've decided the character needs more magic. The reality warping sort especially.

so I swapped 12 levels of conscript for 12 levels of incanter (reincarnated master) to snag decent investment in the warp, telekinesis, life and destruction spheres . Maybe blood, creation and/or mind if I can fit it in.
    Last edited by Lord Foul; 2022-06-24 at 05:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

I'd like to request the Helmsman class, specifically with the Construct Shaper archetype and probably the Sphere Helmsman archetype.

Also the Spectral Sidearm veil because I've been looking for a dope eldritch sixgun.

18. - Top - End - #138

Lizardfolk

Denying all. As others have already noted, methods for 'take hits for profit' already exist in pathfinder in multiple places, please use those instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    So... can a weapon-like Veil (either via normal Veil mechanics or Enhanced Veil mechanics) be bound as an Armorist's Bound Equipment?
    Yes. Please include a description of the weapon-like veil to be used in this way in your character submission like I've requested for any favorable rules interpretations.

I'd like to request the Helmsman class, specifically with the Construct Shaper archetype and probably the Sphere Helmsman archetype.

Also the Spectral Sidearm veil because I've been looking for a dope eldritch sixgun.
    Approved Helmsman + Archetypes, as well as Spectral Sidearm.
    Last edited by Quantumphear; 2022-06-24 at 07:37 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139

"Spheres of Might is designed to work largely with itself and with the base rules of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Certain options from other systems, such as the Seize the Opportunity feat or the Respect Bushido ability of the Bushi from Path of War, are extremely powerful when used together with Spheres content, and in most situations too powerful. Material from other systems should not be used with Spheres content without express permission from the GM, and the GM is well within their rights to ban content at a later date if something becomes clearly problematic."

Not really outright ban, the GM allowed both option, but we might need a ruling then.

Nevertheless, IMHO, it is easier to ban infinity combos and allow seize the opportunity than 4+ other feats from 3.5 dragon magazine.

As a last resort, there is the dual opportunity talent, but it works 1/round.
    Interesting that you went to the trouble of quoting the text from the page, yet deliberately left off the last two sentences which are extremely pertinent here and directly contradict your statement.
    Spheres of Might is designed to work largely with itself and with the base rules of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Certain options from other systems, such as the Seize the Opportunity feat or the Respect Bushido ability of the Bushi from Path of War, are extremely powerful when used together with Spheres content, and in most situations too powerful. Material from other systems should not be used with Spheres content without express permission from the GM, and the GM is well within their rights to ban content at a later date if something becomes clearly problematic. The fact that a build is technically "legal" does not mean it was intended, or that it is appropriate to use in most games. The default rule here is that a character cannot take or mix such options at all.
    Yes the DM can choose to allow it, no it is not allowed by default and there is no ambiguity or wiggle room to make it case that the spheres rules technically allow it.

The default rule here is that a character cannot take or mix such options at all.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Interesting that you went to the trouble of quoting the text from the page, yet deliberately left off the last two sentences which are extremely pertinent here and directly contradict your statement.

Yes the DM can choose to allow it, no it is not allowed by default and there is no ambiguity or wiggle room to make it case that the spheres rules technically allow it.
    I guess "Material from other systems should not be used with Spheres content without express permission from the GM" seemed enough to understand that you can mix systems only with GM permission that, as seen in the big 16, was permitted. So I am not sure what it was that you wished to convey.

21. - Top - End - #141

I guess "Material from other systems should not be used with Spheres content without express permission from the GM" seemed enough to understand that you can mix systems only with GM permission that, as seen in the big 16, was permitted. So I am not sure what it was that you wished to convey.
    Just because multiple systems are allowed in the game does not expressly give permission for a single character to mix said systems on an individual character when the rules state they cannot be mixed by default. You clearly understand that, or you would not have trimmed those two sentences from your original quote and now you're trying to deflect the conversation.

At any rate, if the DM chooses to allow them that's all good, but it doesn't change the default of those systems not being allowed to mix on one character as written in the above rules quote.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Since we are Demiurges, albeit weak ones, could deific obedience be refflufed as having its power originated from us? The obedience would be the ritual to activate the boons.

23. - Top - End - #143

Lizardfolk

Just because multiple systems are allowed in the game does not expressly give permission for a single character to mix said systems on an individual character when the rules state they cannot be mixed by default. You clearly understand that, or you would not have trimmed those two sentences from your original quote and now you're trying to deflect the conversation.

At any rate, if the DM chooses to allow them that's all good, but it doesn't change the default of those systems not being allowed to mix on one character as written in the above rules quote.
    Alright, let's settle down.

I am explicitly giving permission for mixing of systems such as path of war, spheres, veilweaving and everything else that is on the table. I will certainly be doing so when designing the enemies you will be fighting. I am aware that some combinations can get thoroughly silly, and I hope that I can address any over-the-top combinations through character selection. Remember, I am actively discouraging theoretical optimisation to pump out raw damage, and am instead encouraging builds that fit a theme while also playing in an appropriately epic manner.

Since we are Demiurges, albeit weak ones, could deific obedience be refflufed as having its power originated from us? The obedience would be the ritual to activate the boons.
    I have already explained my position on deific obedience. The flavour text on this feat reads "Your reverence for a deity is so great that daily prayer and minor sacrifices grant you special boons." The choices for these obediences are specific towards the pathfinder pantheons (which, to be fair, is a very minor problem in a setting with 777,777 gods) but more importantly it seems somewhat nonsensical to gain powers from being reverential to yourself.

If your demiurge has a cult, following, or religion based around them I would recommend the Divine Source universal path ability.
    Last edited by Quantumphear; 2022-06-25 at 04:59 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

So things I want to bring to light, less "requests" than, "you should maybe ban these".

First, the Aasimar favored class bonus for Helmsman is, "Reduce essence burn for hypercharges by 1/4 (minimum 1)." Which is okay until you get to level 20, where they then get reduced to 0 and you can use every Hypercharge except the very most expensive at no cost all the time. Kinda makes Aasimar the only race option, it's that good.

Second, the Focused Veil feat when combined with the Akashic Construct veil. At level 20 the Akashic Construct can have 30 hardness, which that feat doubles to 60 and all damage to me goes through the construct first. If that's not the level of toughness you want, Focused Veil probably should not be allowed to be applied to the Akashic Construct.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Still working on character stuff, but the concept has a little more focus now. The character is some kind of artificial creature, either created purposely or by happenstance, a hybrid of plant and element types. Grown would be a better description instead of created, I think. I don't know which base race to choose.

I'm trying to go for a fungus / mycanid type creature, inspired by the Dread Blossom Swarm monster from 3rd Edition. They are a Shifter // Elementalist and their shifting is about combining Plant and Earth Elemental traits and then turning into a Swarm of Dirt, Rocks, & Plants (Saprolings basically, if you're familiar with Magic the Gathering). On the Elementalist side they have a lot of Destruction talents.

The manabond talents from the Mana sphere will work as a stand in for the Mycelium network and I'm taking the Artificial Intelligence (Magical) Deific Talent, along with the We Are The Legion talent from that. For the network, I'd like to consider any Plant creatures and creatures with the Earth subtype as part of the characters network.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

How are people managing to get both a base Universal Deific Talent and a second Deific Talent to take one of the secondary abilities? There's multiple people doing it and I feel like I've missed something...
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Llyarden View Post
    How are people managing to get both a base Universal Deific Talent and a second Deific Talent to take one of the secondary abilities? There's multiple people doing it and I feel like I've missed something...
    It's a default rule, some people might not have seen the ruling in thread.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

You're referring to this, correct?

"Each of the Universal Deific Talents provided has a base ability which you must take as the first choice in that progression. When you get your next deific talents you can choose whichever option desired in whatever order you like."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Yeah I missed that ruling in the thread, was just going by what the default rules were.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

30. - Top - End - #150

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Quantumphear View Post

If your demiurge has a cult, following, or religion based around them I would recommend the Divine Source universal path ability.

What would be the point of divine source if we can't have followers? Just curious. If the answer is "flavor" then honestly that's fair. It's some interesting flavor

What would be the point of divine source if we can't have followers? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Llyarden View Post
    You're referring to this, correct?

"Each of the Universal Deific Talents provided has a base ability which you must take as the first choice in that progression. When you get your next deific talents you can choose whichever option desired in whatever order you like."
    I am now confused as to whether we get one or two deific talents. I was assuming "just" the one

in other news, James Bronson is getting close to done. Managed to have a small amount of regular magic, spherecasting and psionics on a mostly spheremarshal black powder samurai character. Amusingly, much of his magic has nothing to do with how he fights and is mostly to do with how he interacts with the world around him.

I still need to pick my mythic abilities, divine talent and a handful of regular talents

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2656594

Quote Originally Posted by Big 16
    In the Kill Six Billion Demons mythos, resurrection magic is impossible. For the purposes of this game this will still be true for everyone else, including NPC's, but as linked demiurges you will be able to call your deceased companions back from the void, so long as you have the proper spell or ability. Be prepared to die.

Does this apply to our own abilities affecting ourselves? Like a reincarnated master incanter or the comparable druid or oracle archetypes?
    Last edited by Lord Foul; 2022-06-25 at 03:47 PM.