A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Kill Six Billion Demons: The Universal War - [Closed to new interest]

I am going to withdraw. I felt unmotivated to complete my sheet.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-07-18 at 01:11 AM.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Kill Six Billion Demons: The Universal War - [Closed to new interest]

Player Character Race Class Class Finished?
    Angelpalm Ophelia Aurelius Tiefling Malefex Sage Complete
    niw18 Ausk Half-Orc Sage Striker 100% ?.?
    Duqueen Atreus Human? Conscript Striker Complete
    tonberrian ? ? Knightknight Soulweaver Dropped?
    Chambers Root Leshy Shifter Incanter ?
    Lord Foul James Bronson Aasimar Gunslinger Striker Complete
    samduke Ellie Human Fighter Summoner 100%
    Casualviking Milton Garr Human Harbinger Eliciter ?
    In4Dimensions The Swordsman Human Fighter Conscript Dropped
    Llyarden Lady Nirue Human Iron Disciple Incanter ?
    greenpotato Remalanisjau Human Arcanist Rogue Yes
    Genth Okiloklitzilhua Kitsune Ghost Soul Weaver Incanter ?
    Yas392 Peridot Human Armorist Soulknife Dropped
    Kaouse Han Dae-Wi Human Mystic Striker YES

Hopefully this is accurate, I honestly am missing a trait but other than that she should be finished
    Last edited by angelpalm; 2022-07-18 at 10:07 AM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

Having never posted a sheet despite figuring out the specifics of my character, I'm out of the running as wel.

Thanks for the thought exercise, at least!

4. - Top - End - #334

would you mind sticking these two on the chart? I'm always bad with tables.

Membakar Oread Antipaladin/Warlock//Monk https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2659573
    Perdixius Human Epilektoi//Monk https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2665050

both are complete
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

5. - Top - End - #335

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Zarthrax View Post
    Having never posted a sheet despite figuring out the specifics of my character, I'm out of the running as wel.

Thanks for the thought exercise, at least!
    You're more than welcome to post your sheet now, but I'll have to downgrade your mark - I've been informed that there are also others who misintepreted the timeframe or didnt get their sheet in, since I made my earlier post on monday evening, New Zealand time, so quite a few of you would have seen that in the morning.I don't see any problem with extending the deadline by the smallest margin. Please make sure you add yourself to the table.
    Last edited by Quantumphear; 2022-07-19 at 01:08 AM.
    Oh geez, this should probably be meaningful or something.

6. - Top - End - #336

Thanks for the extension, Quantumphear. Here's Aikio; I'll complete things tomorrow.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Aikio was born poor in a small city at the edge of the Universal War. As a result of the ongoing conflict, every possible resident was drafted into the military. While it was the Art that called to her, that was reserved for the city's nobility; the commoners were expected to use more mundane tools of destruction. So Aikio bent to the world's will, and everything was difficult. She struggled to adapt to a martially focused life, but she was physically small and weak, and weapons broke at her touch. Her compatriots quickly eclipsed her, and heaped derision onto her shortcomings. But still, she hoped to make some difference, to at least protect her family. Eventually a demiurge, a gnat in the overall conflict but terrifyingly strong to their small corner of the universe, invaded. The city fell, and her parents died.

The invader's victory was not total however; a small rebellion remained. But overthrowing the new order seemed impossible, and traitors and their families were dealt with harshly. Hoping to protect her little sister, she submitted to the new ruler. So Aikio bent to the world's will, and everything was difficult. Scarcity was commonplace, and as a former soldier Aikio was locked out from most of the meager opportunities that existed. She barely managed to eke out a living for her and her sibling. But eventually, a passing group of the demiurge's drunken soldiers killed her sister for some imagined slight.

At that moment, Aikio came to a realization: all her life she'd struggled to adjust to the universe, and it had accomplished nothing. Instead, she should've been adjusting the universe to herself. So the world bent to Aikio's will, and everything was easy. Reality reshaped itself to her whim and her enemies turned to dust before her. Even the demiurge could not resist. It was liberating, but it brought with it a new fear: Just as she rewrote the world to her liking, a stronger force could override her, and a stronger still could override them. Ultimately, there could only be one will guiding the story of the universe; everyone else was a mere ghost, existing at the whim of that higher power. Aikio decided to become that being would be her.

Player Character Race Class Class Finished?
    Angelpalm Ophelia Aurelius Tiefling Malefex Sage Complete
    niw18 Ausk Half-Orc Sage Striker 100% ?.?
    Duqueen Atreus Human? Conscript Striker Complete
    tonberrian ? ? Knightknight Soulweaver Dropped?
    Chambers Root Leshy Shifter Incanter ?
    Lord Foul James Bronson Aasimar Gunslinger Striker Complete
    samduke Ellie Human Fighter Summoner 100%
    Casualviking Milton Garr Human Harbinger Eliciter ?
    In4Dimensions The Swordsman Human Fighter Conscript Dropped
    Llyarden Lady Nirue Human Iron Disciple Incanter ?
    greenpotato Remalanisjau Human Arcanist Rogue Yes
    Genth Okiloklitzilhua Kitsune Ghost Soul Weaver Incanter ?
    Yas392 Peridot Human Armorist Soulknife Dropped
    Kaouse Han Dae-Wi Human Mystic Striker YES
    ICN Aikio Human Mageknight Incanter Complete
    Last edited by ICN; 2022-07-20 at 12:59 AM.

7. - Top - End - #337

Quote Originally Posted by Quantumphear View Post
    You're more than welcome to post your sheet now, but I'll have to downgrade your mark - I've been informed that there are also others who misintepreted the timeframe or didnt get their sheet in, since I made my earlier post on monday evening, New Zealand time, so quite a few of you would have seen that in the morning.I don't see any problem with extending the deadline by the smallest margin. Please make sure you add yourself to the table.
    I appreciate that!

I'll see what I can do. When I realized that time was up and I hadn't posted my sheet, I deleted my notes. Luckily, I should be able to reconstruct things after work today.

8. - Top - End - #338

Welp I hope things are going good for everyone and offer this as the official theme music for the campaign either way

Spoiler: Time to jam
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339

Alright, Aikio is complete except for one thing:

The Mythic Exemplar mythic tradition boon requires the GM to pick something suitable. I'm requesting the mythic Incanter creation spec.
    Spoiler: Reference Text
    Show

Mythic Exemplar

You gain a first-tier path ability (from any path), a first-tier universal path ability (like a mythic sphere mastery), a mythic feat, or a mythic class ability thematically appropriate for your character, selected by the GM. You must meet the prerequisites for this choice, if any. If that ability requires spending mythic power to activate its effects, you may use it once per day without spending mythic power. This mythic boon can be taken more than once.

Mythic Sphere Specialization: Creation

Add your tier to your incanter level when determining the effects of your creator’s focus. You may create a second item at a time with your master of creation ability. By expending one use of mythic power as an immediate action, you may change one object you’ve created with master of creation into any other object you could create with it (but you must be within range of your create ability to do so).

Spoiler: Shenanigans
    Show
    Fully expecting to do some rebuilding based on the party.

Offense: Aikio uses both sides of the Creation sphere for offense, generally during the same round. She drops objects, which can be made touch attacks, ignore 10 dr/resistance, and have an enhanced crit range through feats and automatically confirm. If a falling object crits, she can cast another effect as an immediate action that must include the original target. The alter effect will generally be dustbringer boosted destroy (27d6), or fort save or die for 4 spell points (alter Change Material to turn targets into dust or lava or something).

e.g. Aikio casts a create effect, setting up walls and targetting 4 people with falling wall sections. One of them threatens a crit, so she casts an altering burst destroy, including the critted target in its area.

Defense: The big thing is the master of mysteries Incanter specialization, which might need to be swapped out for being too disruptive. Standard action to begin, move action to maintain; while active, any hostile sphere effect within 60 ft. has to succeed on a DC 36 MSB check or the effect is redirected to a new target of her choice or cancelled. Fits with her thing of adjusting the universe rather than herself (I don't save, you miss), but it's pretty bonkers.

Other than that, she can get some substantial healing through mageknight abilities and Manavore. If she crits or kills a target, she gets spell points that don't stack with themselves, so extras are turned into hp. She can cancel an attack using Forceful Hand, a spell point, an aegis, and an immediate action. She can also put someone in a Creation cage as part of her regular attack routine, then dismiss it at the start of their turn.

Misc: Aikio can flex into combat feats, or into one magical talent through cultivate ki -> extra magic talent ki power.
    Last edited by ICN; 2022-07-20 at 02:22 AM.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

Kismet Star
    Sheet
    Kismet Star woke up one day without much idea of who or what she was. Apparently having been part of a cult at sometime, she lost her memory and found herself in an asylem, as it was besieged by all manner of creatures strange. Of course for her the strangest was just starting, as she discovered miniature rat-folk where living inside of her body.. rebuilding it. Slowly they took material from some parts of her body and used it for other parts of her body causing her to slowly shrink, her body becoming composed of super dense star stuff.
    Still she battled on with her friends as each of them had also slowly warped by their own afflictions.

She felt that something terrible had happened, but woke up again. This time in a prison cell of a tower controlled by a strange man. She met up with a new friend and together they took on the creatures of the tower before finally escaping when they broke a shrine together to defeat a grave slime. Their next adventure together took them to the stars, where they had battled creatures created from nearly dead mutated corpses controlled by a helix shaped stone just as the reactor the space station went critical. She has woke up again this time to even greater power than she could remember having...
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

11. - Top - End - #341

Imp

Oh yeah, Mythic Exemplar requires GM supervision. For some reason, I was under the impression that GM supervision was required for Mythic class abilities, the last item on the list (rather than all items on the list).

Han Dae Wi took Mythic Exemplar twice; once for the Dual Path Mythic Feat, and once again for a 1st tier mythic ability in that path. Hope that's not an issue.

12. - Top - End - #342

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by ICN View Post
    Alright, Aikio is complete except for one thing:

The Mythic Exemplar mythic tradition boon requires the GM to pick something suitable. I'm requesting the mythic Incanter creation spec.
    Spoiler: Reference Text
    Show

Mythic Exemplar

You gain a first-tier path ability (from any path), a first-tier universal path ability (like a mythic sphere mastery), a mythic feat, or a mythic class ability thematically appropriate for your character, selected by the GM. You must meet the prerequisites for this choice, if any. If that ability requires spending mythic power to activate its effects, you may use it once per day without spending mythic power. This mythic boon can be taken more than once.

Mythic Sphere Specialization: Creation

Add your tier to your incanter level when determining the effects of your creator’s focus. You may create a second item at a time with your master of creation ability. By expending one use of mythic power as an immediate action, you may change one object you’ve created with master of creation into any other object you could create with it (but you must be within range of your create ability to do so).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    Oh yeah, Mythic Exemplar requires GM supervision. For some reason, I was under the impression that GM supervision was required for Mythic class abilities, the last item on the list (rather than all items on the list).

Han Dae Wi took Mythic Exemplar twice; once for the Dual Path Mythic Feat, and once again for a 1st tier mythic ability in that path. Hope that's not an issue.
    You don't need my approval for using Mythic Exemplar to take path abilities, go right ahead.

13. - Top - End - #343

I believe the gm part is only required when one is trying to gain the thematic mythic class ability as it seems like it can be from any class(lol maybe, maybe not) but might end up being problematic without being reviewed first.
    Last edited by angelpalm; 2022-07-21 at 10:55 AM.

14. - Top - End - #344

@QuantumPhear- Sent you a PM.

15. - Top - End - #345

Imp

@Quantumphear

Your inbox is full, so I'm responding here.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantumphear
    Hey bud, I've just picked up your character to do an initial review and grok what's going on.

It looks like you've built your character as a Tristalt instead of Gestalt - I'm seeing Striker (Elemental Fist) 20 || Mystic (Aurora Soul) 15 / Animus Adept 5 || Legendary Magus (Arcane Weaponeer) 20 on your character sheet here

That being said I can't actually see any listed class features for the legendary magus on the sheet, beyond the casting class feature + talents.

Am I missing something here?
    Sorry, I made the sheet from a previous character and completely forgot that they used to be an Arcane Weaponeer Magus.

You are correct though, in that there are no class features from that side.

The character is a gestalt of Striker 20 || Mystic 15 + Aurora Soul 5

Thanks for notifying me.

16. - Top - End - #346

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    @Quantumphear

Your inbox is full, so I'm responding here.

Sorry, I made the sheet from a previous character and completely forgot that they used to be an Arcane Weaponeer Magus.

You are correct though, in that there are no class features from that side.

The character is a gestalt of Striker 20 || Mystic 15 + Aurora Soul 5

Thanks for notifying me.
    Much appreciated. inbox cleared. That'll teach me to leave messages building up for 5+ years

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah going through characters now?

18. - Top - End - #348

Lizardfolk

Thank you for your patience ladies and gentlemen.

It took a lot of consideration, but I have narrowed down the selections to four lucky players, as well as a backup should there be a need for one.

Chambers as Continually Dividing Roots
    ICN as Aikio
    Kaouse as Han Dae-Wi
    Lord Foul as James Bronson

and as backup we have Denomar, bringing either Perdixius or Membakar

The OOC thread is here.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

ah shucks maybe next time I'll get my mouse into something.

20. - Top - End - #350

OldWizardGuy

Oh wow! Awesome!

21. - Top - End - #351

Should I be joining the discord to find out if/when a player drops?
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

22. - Top - End - #352

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Denomar View Post
    Should I be joining the discord to find out if/when a player drops?
    It's up to you. If you prefer I could just message you on gitp if the need arrives.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sad not being chosen, but have a great game everyone.