New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Base Class Context XX: I'm Not Supposed to Be Here (Open to All)

Quote Originally Posted by animorte View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, but then I tried it through quoting somebody else and trying the nifty little button, ready to polish it immediately as a learning experience. It was not difficult, just extremely time consuming. Still need a lot more work with it.
    I suggest you to format the text with Excel, Google Sheet, Calc or other programs that let you manage spreadsheets, then copy it on the notepad, remove the tabulations and finally post it.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Base Class Context XX: I'm Not Supposed to Be Here (Open to All)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Harry MTX View Post
    I suggest you to format the text with Excel, Google Sheet, Calc or other programs that let you manage spreadsheets, then copy it on the notepad, remove the tabulations and finally post it.
    See, I love me some Excel and have a fair amount of experience with it so I know exactly what you mean. Thanks, I hadn’t thought of doing that here though… ha

I’ve seen those really fancy ones on here and that’s the challenge.
    Something Borrowed - Submission Thread (5e subclass contest)

TeamWork Makes the Dream Work 5e Base Class Submission Thread

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

I had a class all ready, I closed the post accidentally, and auto-save didn't work right!
    Words cannot express.
    Quitting is a good option right?
    Last edited by Psyche; 2022-08-13 at 03:16 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyche View Post
    I had a class all ready, I closed the post accidentally, and auto-save didn't work right!
    I have done that sort of thing, I feel your pain. But you have another six days or so. Think you can get enough back?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can someone Help me with the formatting? I can't get it to input empty space in there.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Can someone Help me with the formatting? I can't get it to input empty space in there.
    You probably just need to go to new line twice. Take a look to the other entries, choose the format you like most and quote it to see how it was written.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thank you!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

The Cleaner has been submitted! The subclasses will be added very soon...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

What do you think?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

What do you think?
    I like the rhyming poetry; I am a little uncertain how to interpret the class itself - maybe another couple lines about what a Candler is, the source of their magic power, and/or why they are out of place?

I also noticed some typos/stray lines in the Shape of the Candle (check the last line) and Extraplanar Wisps (check the line on 7th-level spell slots).
    Last edited by Notafish; 2022-08-20 at 09:57 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Today is the final day of the contest! Polish off those entries and make sure they're ready for voting!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Today is the final day of the contest! Polish off those entries and make sure they're ready for voting!
    Procrastination is my finest form. I'll have it done in 12 hours. Should be enough time for sleep, responsibility, and that tie-breaker buzzer shot. Let's go!

Edit: Ha, 12 hours, silly me. I’ll get it though.
    Last edited by animorte; 2022-08-21 at 02:24 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

The Cleaner is very focused on the work force as a sanitation expert. Choose your career, your walk of life; Housekeeping, Janitor, or Waiter. Teach allies and enemies alike how to maintain order and hygiene in its various ideals.

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by animorte View Post
    The Cleaner is very focused on the work force as a sanitation expert. Choose your career, your walk of life; Housekeeping, Janitor, or Waiter. Teach allies and enemies alike how to maintain order and hygiene in its various ideals.
    Oooo, so sorry, your post was at 12:01, I'm going to have to disqualify it.

Just kidding :)

Hey everyone, I am coming to you "live" from a Dunkin Donuts on the NJTurnpike to say that the voting thread will be open this evening, in about eight hours or so. I didn't forget about you, just had some "wait, it's Monday?" related issues come up this morning. Submissions are closed after I send this post and get my chocolate glazed with sprinkles, meaning yes, just to be 100% clear, the Cleaner is on the list.

Meanwhile if anyone sees a typo or other minor correction they want to get cleared up, again, you have about eight hours.

Pre-emptive thanks to all participants for putting up with your substitute judge, I'll try to follow the usual format and we definitely will follow the usual rules W.R.T. points for first, second, third.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Mmm guys, why you are all voting only two entries instead of three? I'm missing something?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Old Harry MTX View Post
    Mmm guys, why you are all voting only two entries instead of three? I'm missing something?
    It seems the first voter started as such and everyone followed suit. I just researched previous contests and discovered there are 3 votes usually… Going to toss in another, I suppose (if this is the way we’re rolling)?

I’m always wishing I had more votes to hand out and give recognition to all the cool ideas.

I did get it started by throwing in my third vote, by the way.
    Last edited by animorte; 2022-08-30 at 11:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

double-post
    Last edited by animorte; 2022-08-30 at 11:36 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by not_a_fish View Post
    3. The Cleaner. If I ever get around to doing my "Underdark HVAC Maintenance" campaign, I will look to this class (particularly the "Janitor" subclass) for inspiration.
    You may use this, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    1. The Cleaner. This is everything I wanted out of this class entry: legitimately out of left field idea, a solid theme, and class features that make me laugh out loud. This does everything I want and it cuts out all the fat of extra subsystems. In my opinion it's a little bit too lean, and the high-level utility isn't that interesting. Still a rockstar class and my choice by #1.
    You... ...made my entire week. Thank you so much for the kind words!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey everyone! I'm back with some bad news. My life situation that called for a hiatus has not (fully) resolved. There's also some good news (for me) which is that my wife and I have decided to try to resurrect our small business. Unfortunately, the combination of these two things means that I no longer have the time (or brainpower) to manage these contests month to month. So I'm extending my hiatus to "indefinite". I've already posted to a similar effect in the Subclass Contest. It's been a lot of fun participating in and later organizing these contests, and we've had some real gems come out of it. I hope someone can take the reins because I really am proud of these contests and their effect on this little corner of this little corner (of this little corner[...]) of the world. If I have a calm month going forward I'd love to drop in and make a quick submission, too. I shouldn't vanish entirely.

If anyone does want to take over, I don't have any outside documentation for the Base Class Contests that isn't in every initial post. And of course, you can reformat it to your own preferences too. If you need advice or just want to ask about my general process, feel free to send me a PM.

And again, it's been a genuine pleasure to brew with you all.

--MoleMage
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

I will host the contest if you want me to, I natively speak english and have some good theme ideas.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

I am also putting forth my interest in running the contest threads. I hesitated the first go round was to my lack of GitP experience in general.

I imagine I would just follow the same format as we're accustomed to.