New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character II

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Alistair's commanded Wraith wraps itself around the fruit, and as the fruit disappears, so too does the Wraith. It's not invisible, it's just gone, completely vanished and now absent from the group's presence.

10 Dungeon Fruit remain.
    "Hunh," Alistair said, "I wasn't expecting that."

Spoiler
    Show
    knowledge arcana to get an idea of what happened:
    (1d20+16)[31]
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    not at home so please don't mind the quick post

Listening to Orchid Abigail nods, accepting that they should indeed talk before returning to Sol.

"I ate the fruit. It makes one connected to the plane of shadows, I suspect I could possibly hide better than before and that if I ate another the effects may be stronger or more."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

From the information that's been shared with Alistair, there's the possibility that a Solumite who consumes sufficient Dungeon Fruit may not be able to return. A Dungeon denizen eating a Dungeon Fruit may be forever bound to the Dungeon. Or perhaps the connection with these fruits to the plane of shadows may eventually entrap someone that consumes sufficient fruit into the Plane itself. A Wraith, already being incorporeal, is much more suited to the Plane than your typical human, dwarf, or elf from Solum.

There are many possible explanations, however, it seems likely that making a Dungeon Denizen, be it Wraith or Zombie, eat a Dungeon Fruit is likely to have undesirable consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Levi picks up a fruit and eats it.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid nods. "With how things are progressing in our 'relationship' with our handlers back at Solum, I think it would be prudent for us to start amassing at least some more clout within the city as a safeguard. I wish to build a school to at first teach artificery and then my method of flashwarping for grafts, and then to expand to a facility for training new delvers. The biggest thing I'll need however to get this rolling are students and this is where I have my proposition for you. fleshwarping requires a high degree of medical knowledge, so I would like to have a partnership with your sect where students seeking to get in without paying tuition can provide community service under your sect instead. Once a profit starts rolling in, I can start having the school make donations to your sect."
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Levi
    Show
    Levi feels a powerful connection to the Plane of Shadows upon eating one of the fruit. Hide and Move Silently become class skills and Levi gains a +8 bonus to both. It seems eating more fruit will increase the power of the connection, likely granting different abilities.

Add 1 to the Action Points counter on Levi's sheet.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

As on all their previous delves, Liselle has no interest in the dungeon fruit. Nice as a connection to the Plane of Shadows sounds, she simply doesn't trust the entity granting these powers.

"Being a teacher sounds interesting, " Liselle notes. "Never actually had much of a plan for the future. Maybe I'll try training fighters once my sentence is up... Certainly it sounds more interesting than going back to petty theft!"

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Abigail listens to what Orchid proposes, as well as Liselle's addition before thinking it over for a few moments. After some time she speaks, choosing her words carefully. "As I have told you all before I am cursed, though it seems perhaps the Dungeon Fruit has cured it for now. What I didn't tell you is that I was hand selected by, at the time, your handler to make sure you would all stay safe and keep making it through the Dungeon alive." she says letting this sink in before continuing. "To my knowledge none have ever showed that much favoritsim or investment into a delve group before as after all in their eyes we are replaceable, so when I first joined your group I knew there had to be something special." she explains. "Since then I have come to get to know each of you at least on a basic level and I have come to realize one of the reasons for this groups success is that you work as a cohesive unit that aids each others skills."

"I have also learned from some research that our handler seems to be far to young for some of the things he is clearly credited for. Now that could be simply the players of the game changing small things over time until the true story is no longer recognizable, or that our handler is more than he appears." she says, letting everyone in on what she had learned. "So I agree with your statement Orchid, we should indeed begin making ourselves more well known and liked in the city, as much as possible in fact. Make it so that whatever plans they may have for us cannot be done in public forcing them to rely on the Dungeon to destroy us." the priestess says. "In that regard I was planning on creating a small area that housed a temple, hospice, and school for the people of the poor district. I planned to slowly grow it over time to make a small community of sorts however if you moved your idea to the poor quarters as well perhaps we could indeed work together to carve out our own small area. I am sure my brother would not mind so long as we didn't interfere with his things to much. At the school we could teach basic skills as well as having more specialized sections for learning how to fight," she says looking over to Liselle before turning back to Orchid. " as well as the art of healing and artifcy so that the people could better their lives. The students could work in the hospice as you suggested. I think it could be a wonderful idea." Abigail says.

"As for donations, I would only ask that we continue to work together to better the area for those we help. Perhaps eventually add farmland to help feed everyone, and who knows maybe build little mini dungeons of our own to train those who wish to become delvers what to expect." she says looking to see if anyone else seemed interested in this.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

"We'll need more than just my assistant to handle teaching how fight-" she gives Liselle a smile before turning back the sister. "Liselle seems more than happy to take that role. Very well sister, you have a deal." Orchid then extends a claw out to shake hands on the deal.

10. - Top - End - #220

AssassinGuy

"I think one should be enough. I don't want to tie myself to the shadow plane."

Levi listens to the exchange between Orchid and Abigail.

"So basically we are undermining our superiors in the political scene. About time we break free of their hold. The bureaucrats seem fishy to me with the elixir and from the new information. I can't wait to see their reaction to our move and them slipping their plans that involved us in their game. Consider me interested in your campaign as a teacher and potential artificer if we manage to get to the level where I am able to put my magical energies into creating magic items. Other my personal mission, I have no life plan outside the dungeon."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid looks to Levi and nods to him. "Of course you and everyone else will be welcome to teach."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

"We are insuring our own survival and the survival of the people of Sol on the information we have gathered on the chance we may become endangered or the people themselves become so. I would not exactly call that undermining." Abigail says not keen on an outward rebellion as at this moment all they had was clues to a picture. No real image had taken shape yet.

Extending her hand to Orchid she shakes on there deal.

13. - Top - End - #223

AssassinGuy

"Not their positions. Their control over us. We are, after all, making our own party/faction. I just hope we tread lightly so that the King does not view such action as treasonous and sics his royal guards on us."

Darkness recedes as his spooky disposition.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Dark Scholar->Salesman
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-09-27 at 09:38 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Eh, powerful people don't change much from the gutter to the palace; All that matters is whether they think we are doing something that might not be to their benefit. Doesn't matter if its good for the city, or even good for them in the long run. Spend enough time using people as tools, that's all you'll consider them to be."

Unsurprisingly, the ex-thief was more than a touch cynical about the nature of those with authority. Probably didn't help that most authority figures she'd met were either gang bosses or conspirators...

15. - Top - End - #225

AssassinGuy

Levi winces.

"Let's hope that we do not become like them if we managed to secure a place among them. Cold and calculating is not someone I want to be."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid nods. "Anything else to be brought up before we return to Solum?" she asks.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-09-28 at 09:10 AM.

17. - Top - End - #227

AssassinGuy

"Other wanting to scheduling another check-up since I ate another fruit, no for me."

Levi places his hand on his head.

"I think I need several days of respite before I am fully functional again and ready for the checkup. This is not relating to battle damage or symptoms. I am just tired. Nothing rest can't heal. If no one has anything left to discuss, let's go back to Solum and get the report over with."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-09-28 at 09:29 AM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"I suppose that means I have to show up as the baseline again. Still, I'm fine with that. And with going back. If I'm going to have to give up this sword unused, the quicker we get it over with the less I'll end up missing it."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing how found Liselle is off the sword sister Abigail speaks up. "How short are you on funds? I may be able to lend you some money and you could pay me back in helping secure the land and making the area in the poor district around it safe to pay me back. Choice is yours of course." Abigail offers.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Don't know. Won't know until we're done getting everything appraised. But its got enchantments that even Orchid couldn't add on our budget, so..." Depending on how good a deal they got for offloading Staffy, that sword would be anywhere from *nearly* two people's shares, to about 2 and a half people's shares. Not that Liselle knows those figures yet, but its gonna be expensive either way...

"Probably not enough of an improvement over my existing kit to be worth more than my entire share of the loot, sadly. Still really, really cool, though. Though... Hey, Solstafir - don't suppose you could make weapons with extended ranges like that one, could you?"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

With the group having eaten as much of the Shadowy Dungeon Fruits as they were able to stomach, the portal to Solum appears and the group is welcomed back with fanfare.

It's rare that delvers survive as many as this team has and this particular haul gets substantial notice from a number of individuals, from those with great wealth to even those within the courts. With newfound opportunities, some of the team elects to capitalize to begin making their dreams on Solum reality. Abigail is able to establish a temple and Orchid an academy.

New goods have flowed into the Solum market as items are extracted from the Dungeon, old goods lost into its depths on missing and presumed dead Delvers.

Spoiler: Trader
    Show
    Arcane Scroll (Cause Fear (25 gp), Disguise Self (150 gp)) (total 175 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Delay Poison (200 gp)) (total 200 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Magic Circle against Chaos/Evil/Good/Law (375 gp), Tongues (375 gp), Black Tentacles (700 gp), Scrying (700 gp)) (total 2150 gp)

Bastard Sword (Medium) (+4 weapon, Ki Focus) (50335 gp)

Divine Scroll (Changestaff (2275 gp)) (total 2275 gp)

Divine Scroll (Dispel Magic (375 gp), Plant Growth (375 gp)) (total 750 gp)

Heavy Steel Shield (Medium) (+4 shield, Moderate Fortification) (49170 gp)

Marvelous Pigments (4000 gp)

Potion of Cat's Grace (300 gp)

Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (300 gp)

Ring of Climbing (2500 gp)

Ring of Improved Jumping (10000 gp)

Ring of the Ram (28 of 50 charges) (4816 gp)

Rod of Empower Metamagic (lesser) (9000 gp)

Staff of Transmutation (21 of 50 charges) (27300 gp)

Tome of Leadership and Influence (+1) (27500 gp)

Wand of Contagion (5 of 50 charges) (1125 gp)

Wand of Invisibility (6 of 50 charges) (540 gp)

Spoiler: Armorer
    Show
    Breastplate (Medium) (+1 armor) (1350 gp)

Buckler (Medium) (+3 shield) (9165 gp)

Celestial Armor (22400 gp) (Medium) (design provides clue to function)

Chain Shirt (Medium) (+4 armor, Improved Acid Resistance) (58250 gp)

Dwarven Plate (16500 gp) (Medium)

Full Plate (Medium) (+3 armor) (10650 gp)

Full Plate (Medium) (+4 armor, Improved Fire Resistance) (59650 gp)

Full Plate (Small) (+3 armor) (10650 gp)

Full Plate (Small) (+3 armor) (10650 gp)

Heavy Steel Shield (Medium) (+1 shield) (1170 gp)

Heavy Steel Shield (Medium) (+2 shield) (4170 gp)

Heavy Steel Shield (Medium) (+4 shield, Spell Resistance (17)) (64170 gp)

Heavy Steel Shield (Small) (+1 shield) (1170 gp)

Heavy Steel Shield (Small) (+4 shield) (16170 gp)

Hide (Small) (+1 armor) (1165 gp)

Studded Leather (Small) (+3 armor) (9175 gp)

Studded Leather (Small) (+4 armor) (16175 gp)

Tower Shield (Medium) (Darkwood) (+3 shield) (9180 gp)

Spoiler: Weaponsmith
    Show
    Bastard Sword (Medium) (+1 weapon) (2335 gp)

Dagger (Medium) (+2 weapon, Bane (undead)) (18302 gp)

Dwarven Waraxe (Medium) (+1 weapon) (2330 gp)

Dwarven Waraxe (Medium) (+3 weapon) (18330 gp)

Dwarven Waraxe (Medium) (+4 weapon) (sheds light) (32330 gp)

Greataxe (Medium) (+2 weapon) (8320 gp)

Greataxe (Medium) (+2 weapon, Unholy) (32320 gp)

Greataxe (Medium) (+3 weapon) (sheds light) (18320 gp)

Greataxe (Small) (+1 weapon, Ghost Touch) (8320 gp)

Greatsword (Medium) (+4 weapon) (sheds light) (32350 gp)

Greatsword (Small) (+2 weapon) (8350 gp)
    This battered weapon is said to be the key to open the Lost Halls of Zeiram the Lich.

Greatsword (Small) (+3 weapon) (18350 gp)

Halberd (Medium) (+1 weapon) (2310 gp)

Longsword (Medium) (+1 weapon) (2315 gp)

Longsword (Small) (+1 weapon) (2315 gp)

Nunchaku (Small) (Darkwood) (+3 weapon) (Neutral, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 14, Ego 9, Speech (Common) and telepathy (wielder only), Vision (120 ft.) and hearing, Cure Moderate Wounds (2d8+3) on wielder 3/day, Minor Image 1/day) (31002 gp)

Rapier (Medium) (+4 weapon) (32320 gp)

Short Sword (Medium) (+3 weapon) (18310 gp)

Spoiler: Alchemist
    Show
    Elixir of Love (150 gp)

Oil of Greater Magic Weapon (+3) (1800 gp)

Oil of Invisibility (300 gp)

Oil of Magic Weapon (50 gp)

Potion of Barkskin (+3) (600 gp)

Potion of Cat's Grace (300 gp)

Potion of Cure Serious Wounds (750 gp)

Potion of Darkvision (300 gp)

Potion of Enlarge Person (250 gp)

Potion of Neutralize Poison (750 gp)

Potion of Rage (750 gp)

Potion of Shield of Faith (+3) (300 gp)

Spoiler: Scribe
    Show
    Arcane Scroll (Comprehend Languages (25 gp), Blur (150 gp)) (total 175 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Fireball (375 gp), Haste (375 gp), Magic Circle against Chaos/Evil/Good/Law (375 gp), Suggestion (375 gp)) (total 1500 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Floating Disk (25 gp), Summon Monster I (25 gp), Acid Arrow (150 gp)) (total 200 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Mind Fog (1125 gp), Shadow Evocation (1125 gp), Transmute Mud to Rock (1125 gp), Statue (2275 gp)) (total 5650 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Nondetection (425 gp), Protection from Energy (375 gp), Secret Page (375 gp), Suggestion (375 gp)) (total 1550 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Sepia Snake Sigil (875 gp), Contact Other Plane (1125 gp)) (total 2000 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Shatter (150 gp)) (total 150 gp)

Divine Scroll (2 x Helping Hand (375 gp), Locate Object (375 gp)) (total 750 gp)

Divine Scroll (Death Ward (700 gp), Mass Cure Light Wounds (1125 gp), Greater Dispel Magic (1650 gp), Mass Bear's Endurance (1650 gp)) (total 5125 gp)

Divine Scroll (Searing Light (375 gp), Freedom of Movement (700 gp), Tongues (700 gp)) (total 1775 gp)

Divine Scroll (Sound Burst (150 gp)) (total 150 gp)

Divine Scroll (Summon Monster I (25 gp)) (total 25 gp)

Spoiler: Wandwright
    Show
    Wand of Acid Arrow (2 of 50 charges) (180 gp)

Wand of Bear's Endurance (39 of 50 charges) (3510 gp)

Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds (42 of 50 charges) (3780 gp)

Wand of Detect Secret Doors (36 of 50 charges) (540 gp)

Wand of Dispel Magic (10th) (30 of 50 charges) (13500 gp)

Wand of Dispel Magic (47 of 50 charges) (10575 gp)

Wand of False Life (47 of 50 charges) (4230 gp)

Wand of Fear (3 of 50 charges) (1260 gp)

Wand of Fox's Cunning (17 of 50 charges) (design provides clue to function) (1530 gp)

Wand of Magic Missile (5th) (41 of 50 charges) (inscription provides clue to function) (3075 gp)

Wand of Mirror Image (1 of 50 charges) (90 gp)

Wand of Polymorph (44 of 50 charges) (18480 gp)

Wand of Silence (35 of 50 charges) (3150 gp)

With all of the attention and on-goings of the group, the team has some downtime without hearing from Prince Atticus or his personal attendant Camilla. However, it does seem you're becoming widely recognized. A touring theater troupe is putting on a display of some of your heralding adventures, though there's a lot of dramatization and some details aren't quite right.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

While the others are busy selling their goods that they acquired along the Dungeon and buying what they think they need for the next delve Sister Abigail cannot help but not that no representative of the prince was there to great them this time. Looking over to one of the guards she recognized the priestess asked "Is everything okay? It is rare for no one to great us upon our return and not question what we saw and faced?" she points out, making sure to keep her voice low in case this was being kept under raps at the moment.

Diplomacy (1d20+25)[27] using her reputation as someone who is always willing to help and loyal so far to Prince Atticus to try and see what is going on as no one being there to great them is odder than anything so far unless we were unexpected.

23. - Top - End - #233

AssassinGuy

After getting an undead permit, and reporting to his superiors, Levi takes a several days respite. He wakes up in one of the days, moving back to his parents instead of staying in his own home and getting lost in Solum as he asks for direction with a childlike demeanor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Salesman->The Child

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    While the others are busy selling their goods that they acquired along the Dungeon and buying what they think they need for the next delve Sister Abigail cannot help but not that no representative of the prince was there to great them this time. Looking over to one of the guards she recognized the priestess asked "Is everything okay? It is rare for no one to great us upon our return and not question what we saw and faced?" she points out, making sure to keep her voice low in case this was being kept under raps at the moment.

Diplomacy [roll0] using her reputation as someone who is always willing to help and loyal so far to Prince Atticus to try and see what is going on as no one being there to great them is odder than anything so far unless we were unexpected.
    An elven guard with blonde hair down to her knees carrying a bow that looks significantly too large for her lithe build responds "There was an order passed down among the royal guard that your team be allowed to choose when and what to report. I don't know the details, but I'm impressed with how many delves you've survived. I never want to go back in there. I guess the court must consider you important." based on the icons on her armor she's likely low level royal guard doing grunt work here at the yard.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    An elven guard with blonde hair down to her knees carrying a bow that looks significantly too large for her lithe build responds "There was an order passed down among the royal guard that your team be allowed to choose when and what to report. I don't know the details, but I'm impressed with how many delves you've survived. I never want to go back in there. I guess the court must consider you important." based on the icons on her armor she's likely low level royal guard doing grunt work here at the yard.
    Sister Abigail listens to what the elven guard tells her and shakes her head dismissively. "No one person can do what it takes to succeed in the Dungeon dear. I am sure if it came down to a fight you would no doubt win between the two of us. What matters is who you are working with, if you can trust them, and if you can come together as a team. I am but a small part of my companions much grander picture, but without that one part the chances of death would be greater." she says to the royal guard, trying to cheer her up and hopefully help her realize that if she tried to do something alone she would always fail. "As for not wanting to go back in there, I can understand that, my Sister and Brother feel the same way. It is one of the many reasons I go back in so often. After all I have lived a full life, best to keep on fighting so that the next generation doesn't have to go in to young and inexperienced. It is why my friends and I plan on starting our own school to teach delvers. This way it is not people who are reading reports making the tests, but those who have been inside the dungeon and know its dangers. With luck less and less of us will die if we are successful." the priestess says happily, thinking of how her training didn't really prepare her for everything she needed to know inside the dungeon.

"No one person is above the crown, thank you though for those kind words. I will make my way now to make a report, and ask the others if they wish to join me. Thank you again miss?" Abigail says seeing if the guard would give her, her name.

Once done she returns to the others and explains everything to them. "I will go and make a report now, if no one else wishes to come that is fine, but I think a sign of solidarity may do us well. Also I think I will take their elixir this time." In truth she was mostly doing it to add another variable to their tests, trying to see if the elixir actually did help one counteract the symptoms of the dungeon or not, while also looking at the others blood to see what was different between all of them.

26. - Top - End - #236

AssassinGuy

"Look, Ghosty. A familiar house in my dreams. Have you been here before?"

Levi points to his ally's house as he walks to take the sight of it.

"No, Master Levi."

The child like halfling giggles.

"Say when do you serve me again? I don't remember."

The wraith gestures to the direction in a robotic fashion.

"When you recruited me in the dungeon."

Levi's face focus then he reels back, mouth agape, not alarmed but in sudden epiphany.

"Aha. You are funny. That was just a made story, right? Let's go with that. One day, I will get my chance to delve into the depths."

The halfling makes a fist. He then knocks on the door.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Abigail makes her way to Camilla's office and reports. Upon expressing interest in imbibing the Elixir, Camilla's eyebrows raise. She says "I'm honestly a bit surprised. Most of your team seems... hesitant to accept Prince Atticus' gift of Elixir. Admittedly you've fared exceptionally well in the Dungeon even with the limited amount consumed."

Camilla retrieves the crystal vials of shimmering Elixir from an intricately locked, though somewhat plain armoire, bringing Abigail all six doses for her to have as much as she pleases.

"Have you made any new discoveries on our ultimate goal to kill the Infernal Voice? I've been waiting to report to Atticus until there is something worth sharing though I've noticed he's been a bit more anxious than usual lately."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Liselle is willing to accompany Abigail to make their report. Whether out of solidarity, friendship, or the barely-hidden desire to brag about eviscerating a cryohydra, its probably best not to speculate.

"Because we're just as hesitant about taking dungeon fruit, too. Well, mostly. Abigail just had her first one, so... Elixir." As before, Liselle doesn't take any herself.

"Sadly, I don't think we made any progress this time. From how little the Dungeon seems to reveal about it, on our or previous delves, I have this suspicion that delving alone simply won't turn up any useful information. I suppose the big question would be, 'is there some way to break out of your assigned area during a delve?'. I mean, we've seen a key that could do it... once. But if we want real information, we're going to need to do that sort of thing on our own terms, instead of just blindly running the areas the voice wants us to see...

Not the most useful report, I know. But if any of your scholars records have stuff like that happening before, it'd be something to look into.
    "

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Camilla nods "While they're rare, there have been reports similar to what you're referring. Usually tied to specific magic items, though there have been a few reports of individuals utilizing powerful Teleportation or Plane Shifting spells and ending up in a totally new dungeon instance. Those that survived anyway. Most of the reports are regarding one of the delvers in a team Teleporting or Shifting only to never reappear. Those individuals are usually presumed dead."

She interacts with the intricate lock on the armoire again, opening it once more, though it's filled with items it wasn't previously. After rummaging within its depths for a few moments she pulls from its depths an old record. "I think this report would likely be the most interesting to you on this topic." she explains and hands a small leather bound booklet to Liselle.

Within its pages recount the experiences of a delving magic-user who simply signed some pages "Jen". A journal recounting a single delve across dozens and dozens of pages. The first pages are dated, but the dates quickly stop as Jen stops being able to tell how long she's been in the Dungeon.

After her party were overpowered by an unusually powerful Mind-Flayer and it had eaten the brains of their front-liner in front of them, they fled and attempted to utilize their Escape Stones. Before Jen's could activate, the monster found her, stunned her and destroyed the Escape Stone before it could activate. It seemed like the creature wanted to take her somewhere.

She managed to escape using a teleportation spell, but she thought maybe the Mind-Flayer did something because she found herself in a strange place. Abigail finds the description strikingly similar to the Astral Plane. It wasn't long before Jen's magical protections expired and she fell into a slumber-like state until a new instance of the Dungeon formed around her. She was unusually powerful, and despite a team of monsters coming up against her she was able to rebuff them. Though she wasn't especially interested in killing them, and after they got away from her the Dungeon instance reverted back, though this time she tried her best to avoid letting her magical protections expire. Until another Dungeon instance formed around her. Instead of attacking the new monsters that had appeared she decided to try to understand them - using magic to read their minds and understand their words... and realized they weren't monsters, but Delvers from Solum. She tried to approach them for help but ended up killing them all in the ensuing battle.

The writings of the journal quickly descend into disjointed phrases and words before becoming some kind of alien writing. The strange text seems to consist of even numbers of parallel lines of raised dashes and dots.

Spoiler: Knowledge Dungeoneering DC 35
    Show
    This language is Qualith. The written language of the Mind-Flayers. It's translation is especially difficult because Mind-Flayers have no spoken language, but exclusively utilize Telepathy. Their writing is meant to emulate telepathic communication.

Spoiler: Decipher Script DC 35
    Show
    Jen recounts her transformation as her mind seemed to grow stronger and her body began to mutate. She began to feel a constant hunger. Then bitterness. Then hatred. Sometimes, when she would kill a team of delvers, fruit would appear and she would gorge herself on them, and then write of her regrets in this journal. She felt like she had forgotten who she was and these fruits seemed to give her momentary insight into the fact that she forgot. Most of the pages though are just filled with rants about her suffering and hatred.

Spoiler: Decipher Script DC 50
    Show
    There's a hidden message in some of the hatred fueled rants. It reads "I hate that Crowned Devil with the infuriating voice for fooling us all".

"This journal was picked up from a kill during a combat where a delving team heard the Infernal Voice. Camilla says "I tried to get the Rockeby family to translate it, but they either weren't able or weren't willing to make sense of the back half."
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-10-03 at 10:25 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

"My main problem with the Elixir Camilla is swearing to kill the infernal voice. So long as I do not have to directly attack or harm whatever is in control of the Dungeon, but can simply aid those trying to stop it I see no point in trying to make sure the Dungeon doesn't get its claws in me." she explains, making it clear that so long as she didn't have to directly kill something she would take one of them.

After Liselle gives her report Abigail adds. "This time the Dungeon also used a former resident of Sol to fight us. He seemed crazy and possessed by some creature from the plane of shadows, however he was definitely from Sol. Speaking of which did Brother Gulin make it back?" she asks curious if the escape stone had worked and returned him to Sol or not.

As Abigail reads the Journal of Jen she looks up to Camilla a bit concerned. "If what this says is true does that mean the crown is looking for a way to try and revert them back to people? Has anyone tried bringing the elixir into a delve and giving it to one of the inhabitants?" she ask curious. "Also this place she describes here, it sounds a lot like the astral sea. But if the Dungeon is on or in the Astral sea it could be limitless and accessed from just about anywhere, including Sol." she explains, a bit of worry dripping into her voice. As she gets to the end of the journal though she draws upon a blank, unable to decipher any of the strange language if it even was a language. "Thank you Camilla, this I am sure will help us a lot to better understand the Dungeon, though it also adds to the horror of this voice one hears inside. As it must use at first powerful illusionary magic mixed with small amounts of Transmutation until one no longer is who they were. Slowly changing you instead of a rapid change one would notice."