New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character II

Seeing the group decline the Elixir Camilla seems somewhat perplexed but respects your wishes.

"We still have high hopes for you. If you need something for the mission, I'm sure Atticus will provide it, just let us know."

With that you're dismissed from the fortress to make your ways to your homes in Solum, your spoils and cash from trading with the merchants in tow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character II

"Camilla you know I would happily take the elixir if I didn't have to swear to kill something." Abigale points out trying to alleviate some of the weirdness of a group not taking the elixir. No doubt the group would eventually have to at least take a single does of the elixir to stop people from questioning their motives. After all Abigale had a valid enough reason not to take the elixir so long as they didn't change the wording for her, but the others didn't so easily have one unless they admitted they were not eating the fruit as well. A dangerous game to play with as with lies the more moving parts the easier it was to get caught.

Once the group is done dividing up their treasures Abigale bids them adue so she may go and do her shopping for the community center she worked at among other things, letting the party know if they needed her, where to find her.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Abigale will just be doing the shopping and stuff as she said, followed by working at the hospital she works at when not in delves if anyone needs her. In her free time she will be doing a general search into the royal family and for example how far back they go and such. This will serve two purposes, allow them to try and see if Sol actually has a beginning that anyone can remember, as well as help her explain how Atticus (who doesn't look anywhere near his age would suggest given the texts she found) is still alive/when he was "born"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

There are items available for purchase in Solum.

Spoiler: Trader
    Show
    Arcane Scroll (Clairaudience/Clairvoyance (375 gp), Stinking Cloud (375 gp), Tongues (375 gp), Shout (700 gp)) (total 1825 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Hypnotism (25 gp), Fog Cloud (150 gp), Phantom Trap (200 gp)) (total 375 gp)

Carpet of Flying (5 ft. by 10 ft.) (35000 gp)

Divine Scroll (Hide from Animals (25 gp), Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law (25 gp)) (total 50 gp)

Hide (Medium) (+4 armor, Improved Acid Resistance (Resist Acid 20)) (58165 gp)

Potion of Shield of Faith (+4) (600 gp)

Ring of Blinking (27000 gp)

Ring of Protection (+2) (8000 gp)

Robe of Stars (58000 gp)

Wand of Fox's Cunning (36 of 50 charges) (3240 gp)

Wand of Summon Monster IV (18 of 50 charges) (7560 gp)

Spoiler: Armorer
    Show
    Buckler (Small) (+4 shield) (16165 gp)

Chain Shirt (Medium) (+1 armor) (1250 gp)

Darkwood Shield (257 gp) (Medium)

Full Plate (Medium) (+1 armor) (2650 gp)

Full Plate (Medium) (+1 armor) (design provides clue to function) (12650 gp)
    This masterwork armor is said to have been blessed by the Goddess of Luck herself. Once per encounter, when you a roll a 1, reroll keeping the new result.

Full Plate (Medium) (+2 armor, Wild) (26650 gp)

Full Plate (Medium) (+3 armor) (10650 gp)

Full Plate (Medium) (+3 armor) (10650 gp)

Heavy Steel Shield (Medium) (+1 shield) (1170 gp)

Heavy Steel Shield (Medium) (+2 shield, Animated) (16170 gp)

Heavy Steel Shield (Small) (+2 shield) (4170 gp)

Heavy Steel Shield (Small) (+2 shield, Bashing) (9170 gp)

Heavy Wooden Shield (Medium) (+1 shield, Ghost Touch) (16157 gp)

Heavy Wooden Shield (Small) (+1 shield) (1157 gp)

Spoiler: Weaponsmith
    Show
    Bastard Sword (Medium) (+1 weapon) (2335 gp)

Dwarven Urgosh (Medium) (+3 weapon / same) (36650 gp)

Greataxe (Medium) (+1 weapon, Ghost Touch) (8320 gp)

Greatsword (Medium) (+1 weapon) (2350 gp)

Greatsword (Medium) (+1 weapon) (sheds light) (2350 gp)

Greatsword (Medium) (+1 weapon, Flaming) (8350 gp)

Heavy Mace (Medium) (+1 weapon) (2312 gp)

Longsword (Medium) (+3 weapon) (sheds light) (18315 gp)

Morningstar (Medium) (+2 weapon) (8308 gp)

Nunchaku (Medium) (+2 weapon) (8302 gp)

Oathbow (25600 gp) (Small)

Quarterstaff (Medium) (+5 weapon / same) (100600 gp)

Rapier (Medium) (+2 weapon) (8320 gp)

Spoiler: Alchemist
    Show
    Elixir of Fire Breath (1100 gp)

Elixir of Love (150 gp)

Elixir of Vision (250 gp)

Potion of Barkskin (+2) (300 gp)

Potion of Cure Light Wounds (50 gp)

Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (300 gp)

Potion of Heroism (750 gp)

Potion of Heroism (750 gp)

Potion of Rage (750 gp)

Potion of Resist Electricity (10) (300 gp)

Potion of Tongues (750 gp)

Sovereign Glue (2400 gp)

Spoiler: Scribe
    Show
    Arcane Scroll (Alarm (25 gp), Charm Person (25 gp), Detect Undead (25 gp)) (total 75 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Dominate Person (1125 gp), False Vision (1375 gp), Telekinesis (1125 gp), Mind Blank (3000 gp)) (total 6625 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Endure Elements (25 gp), Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law (25 gp), Web (150 gp)) (total 200 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Fabricate (1125 gp), Mirage Arcana (1125 gp), Mage's Sword (2275 gp), Symbol of Stunning (7275 gp)) (total 11800 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Fly (375 gp), Gentle Repose (375 gp), Haste (375 gp), Summon Monster III (375 gp)) (total 1500 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Obscuring Mist (25 gp), Enthrall (200 gp)) (total 225 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Summon Monster III (375 gp), Tongues (375 gp), Stoneskin (950 gp)) (total 1700 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Teleport (1125 gp), Transmute Rock to Mud (1125 gp), Wall of Iron (1700 gp)) (total 3950 gp)

Arcane Scroll (Tongues (375 gp), Blight (1125 gp)) (total 1500 gp)

Divine Scroll (Cause Fear (25 gp)) (total 25 gp)

Divine Scroll (Doom (25 gp), Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law (25 gp), Summon Nature's Ally I (25 gp)) (total 75 gp)

Divine Scroll (Hide from Undead (25 gp), Inflict Moderate Wounds (150 gp)) (total 175 gp)

Manual of Bodily Health (+1) (27500 gp)

Manual of Quickness in Action (+1) (27500 gp)

Spoiler: Wandwright
    Show
    Wand of Call Lightning (5th) (41 of 50 charges) (9225 gp)

Wand of Charm Person (42 of 50 charges) (630 gp)

Wand of Contagion (13 of 50 charges) (2925 gp)
    This cedar wand also repels small or smaller insects when held.

Wand of Levitate (14 of 50 charges) (1260 gp)

Wand of Magic Missile (3rd) (36 of 50 charges) (1620 gp)

Wand of Slow (9 of 50 charges) (2025 gp)

Wand of Suggestion (31 of 50 charges) (design provides clue to function) (6975 gp)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Liselle gets a message delivered to her shortly before the call to the next Delve. It's from Dax, one of the higher-ups in the gang Liselle used to be in.

It reads:
    "I wouldn't have contacted you if it wasn't important. Krik the Half-Orc and Jenny the Halfling Burglar absconded with a valuable heirloom and have been in hiding. The item is a small figurine of a lion. If you can retrieve the heirloom and return it undamaged, you will be rewarded handsomely."

It has Dax's seal on it, and it doesn't seem to be a forgery.

An apprentice in the Foundry manages to covertly pass a clandestine message to Solstafir. The message is written in Thanquil's hand and requests that Solstafir burn it in the fires of the Foundry after reading.

"I have reason to believe one of the members of the royal court will make a move against you during your next delve. There has been tension between Princess Olivica and Prince Atticus. I don't know exactly what it will be, but be careful. Princess Olivica is rumored to have had delvers killed in the Dungeon for her own ends before, though I don't know how that would be possible. It is becoming harder and harder to send communication unnoticed, but I will endeavor to assist you anyway. Be safe and tell only those you're sure you can trust."

The next Delve
    The day of the next delve comes quickly, and the group assembles in the Yard within the fortress around the Dungeon's entrance. Your group is called much earlier than it once was, being one of the more experienced delving parties in this rotation now. You don't have to spend quite so much time watching the bureaucrats and their round hats trying to organize the chaos of hundreds of delvers waiting to be called forth to risk life and limb for glory and riches and the preservation of Solum.

The group marches up the stone steps, past the support pillars and into the portal to the Dungeon.

You find yourselves squeezed into a small room, the space damp and musty. Strange mold like growths accumulating in the upper corners of the chamber, about 20 ft high, illuminated by Abigale's incandescence. There's a single exit to the room which seems to be carved out of massive object, a tunnel, only a few feet wide. A tight fit for any medium or large size creature (medium and large creatures will be considered flat-footed and take a -2 circumstance penalty to any physical action while in the tunnels).

Levi's swarm begins to explore the narrow tunnels, it seems to be a maze. The swarm explores for a bit, leaving the party's sight before being destroyed. It didn't make it to the exit of the maze.

There is only one apparent exit:
    Navigate the dangerous maze.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

As the group arrives in the dungeon Sister Abigale notes the mold in the room, normally she may have missed such a small detail, however in such an enclosed space it was rather hard to miss. Trying to draw on her knowledge of molds and other such fungus and the like she tries to determine what kind it is, or baring that if it was beneficial, harmful, neither, or both, to the party.

Spoiler: Knowledge Nature Check
    Show
    (1d20+13)[17]

After finishing trying to identify the mold, and still waiting for Levi's swarms to check in she fills everyone in on what she has been up to, as well as explaining what she has learned since they last went into the Dungeon.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Kn: Nature
    Show
    This mold is associated with the dwelling places of Black Puddings, acidic ooze creatures. Though it's no guarantee of one's presence, it may mean there is one or more of the slimy monsters lurking within the narrow confines of the maze.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Having identified the mold Sister Abigale looks to the others. "While I cannot say how close one may be, there is at least one Black pudding or other Acidic ooze like creatures down here, look at this mold here, you can tell by its coloration, and when you touch another object to it, you can hear it slowly disolving. I suspect the closer we get to one, the faster the mold we find will be able to melt whatever we use to test it. This is only a theory of course, but it would make sense I think." she explains to the others before looking over to Levi. "has your swarm encountered anything yet?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"Acidic slimes? Are we going to need acid protection?" Orchid asks.

"After our last trip, my tricks can be done much faster."
    she notes, recalling the solid minute needed to place cold protection in that chilling run.
    Show
    Prebuff pretty much comes down to burning a 3rd level infusion to fuel her Spare Hand.

Spoiler: Orchid's Status
    Show

Temp: 0
    HP: 136/136

Sorcerer spell slots
    Cantrips: 6/6(Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Light, Read Magic)
    1st: 6/6(Color Spray, Grease, Shield, Magic Missile)
    2nd: 5/5(Glitterdust, Wraithstrike)
    3rd: 4/4(Dispel Magic, Haste)

Infusions(Can use any infusion at any time; anything slower than a standard uses a standard action instead; standards are now swifts)
    1st: 4/4
    2nd: 4/4
    3rd: 3/4
    4th: 1/1

SLAs
    Glitterdust(3/3)

Scrolls(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Lesser Vigor (6)
    Power Word(Pain)(6)
    Bonefiddle(1)
    Resurgence(2)
    Saltray(2)
    Warning Shout(2)
    Shield(2)
    Fist of Stone(2)
    Cloud of Bewilderment(2)
    Color Spray(2)
    Glitterdust(1)
    Ray of Enfeeblement(2)
    Web(2)
    Grease(Arcane)(2)
    Haste(2)
    Resist Energy, Mass(2)
    Slow(2)
    Fireball(3)
    Lesser Restoration(3)
    Remove Disease(1)
    Neutralize Poison(1)
    Restoration(2)
    Delay Death(3)
    Shield Other(2)
    Water Breathing(3)
    Wall of Sand(2)
    Wall of Water(2)
    Heal(CL 7)(1)
    Dispel Magic(5)

Potions(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Lesser Vigor(1)

Other(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Memento Magica(1st)(2)
    Memento Magica, Xansia(1st)(1)

Notable effects
    Spare Hand active(24h, used 3rd level infusion)
    Cloak of minor concealment: 20% miss chance
    Shudder Plate: If Orchid is in contact with the ground, she can sense the location of anything within 15 feet that is also in contact with the ground.
    Glaring Eye: Orchid has blindsense out to a distance of 30 feet.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-07-11 at 10:01 AM.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't worry about it Orchid, I can handle such a spell. After all my magic is more specialized to protecting all of us and keeping us alive, whereas your own skills are a lot more versatile than my own and can be used in lots of ways. Best to save your powers for when we really need it." Abigale says with a kind smile before she has everyone gather around and then casts her standard buffs on them, as well as one to protect them from Acid.

Spoiler: Spells Cast
    Show

Mass Resist Energy (80 mins) 20 points of acid damage/attack(or damage) absorbed
    Mass Conviction (80 mins) +3 Morale bonus on all saving throws
    Healing Lorecall (80mins, self) Can heal any of the below conditions with my healing spells (dazed, dazzled, or fatigued, exhausted, nauseated, or sickened), I replace my CL with my ranks in Heal (11) to determine how much I heal with my healing spells
    Lumonious Armor 8 hours (1d2)[1] str damage

Holding off on water breathing for the moment in case we dont run into it right away as its 16 hours/the party of water breathing, not a straight 16.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Levi's head hangs high, swaying right and left in a manner of a drunkard as the group re-enter the Dungeon. Today, his skin is littered with small patches of metal spikes. As always, he deploys his scout to trigger traps and provoke a response. After a while, he cringes as if struck.

"That does not look good. My creation is destroyed. My babies."

He cries. Being near Abigail, he does not notice her tagging him until he brushes tears from his eyes. The halfling shakes his head and takes a deep breath, his expressions returning his to its original state; cheerful but solemn.

"Something is definitely there. Some kind of trap or enemy that we don't know until we move closer to survey the area where my crea-"

In the abrupt pause, his eyes blink several times.

"...swarms perished. Before we go, I would like to reveal something. I have a starting realization in the Library that the natives of the Dungeon like Puhrjan might be deceased Delvers transmigrated into new bodies. If that is true, I speculate we need godlike magic to reverse the process which is impossible for us. Not if we find a way to use the Dungeon to do so. Perhaps they will revert if we kill the voice. Then, all those lost return to us."

Levi makes a fist and clenches it at the same time looking at Abigail and Solstafir.

"But that is speculation until proven. As of now, our observation of Puhrjan and knowledge from the Library are insufficient to consolidate that phenomenon as fact."

The halfling floats above ground, waiting for responses before he examines the room with his scouting procedures.

Show
    Turn Invisible and deploys deeper darkness without hampering party's vision.

Hide: (1d20+29)[45]

Move Silently: (1d20+15)[19]

Spot: (1d20+10)[17]

Search: (1d20+8)[9]

Listen: (1d20+6)[25]

Knowledge (Arcane) on mold if magical: (1d20+15)[17]

Spellcraft check for Detect Magic: (1d20+14)[30]

Area Dispel Magic check if applicable after Levi moves and ushered the group out of the room: (1d20+12)[25]

Is floating 5 ft above ground.

Buffs

Psionically Focus

Sacred Vitality (1 minute; immunity to ability damage, ability drain, and energy drain; renew every time when duration expires)

20% concealment from Deeper Darkness

Darkstalker (Anyone with blindsense, Blindsight, Tremorsense and Scent has to make spot/listen checks to detect him)

Invisibility (24 hours)

Blindsense 30 ft

Endure Elements + Protection from Alignment/Positive-Dominant/Negative-Dominant Traits of Planes (Constant; Indefinite)

Darkvision 60 ft and See Invisibility (24 hours)

Can See Through Magical & Non-magical darkness (Tenebrous; 24 hours)

Fell Flight (24 Hours)

DR/Cold Iron 2 (7 while bound to Zhrine)

Dark One's Own Luck (24 hours; +7 to Reflex Saves)

Immune to all harmful vapors and gases ; can breath underwater and in a vacuum; infinite air supply. (Constant)

+6 Spot/Search; Comprehend Language (written words only) (24 hours)

Mass Conviction (80 mins; +3 Morale bonus on all saving throws)

Mass Resist Energy (80 mins; 20 points of acid damage/attack(or damage) absorbed)

Automatic Method of Scouting per room in order: Stealth/Skill/Swarm, Detect Magic, Area Dispel (after alerting party members to evacuate radius of area dispel).
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-07-12 at 11:00 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid glares at Levi as he speaks. "I don't believe it and I don't want to believe it! My entire purpose of coming here is pointless if that's true!"

Show
    Ready to move whenever everyone else is. Consider how cramped this place is, we might need a marching order.

Show

Sorcerer spell slots

Infusions(Can use any infusion at any time; anything slower than a standard uses a standard action instead; standards are now swifts)
    1st: 4/4

SLAs
    Glitterdust(3/3)

Lesser Vigor (6)
    Power Word(Pain)(6)
    Bonefiddle(1)
    Resurgence(2)
    Saltray(2)
    Warning Shout(2)
    Shield(2)
    Fist of Stone(2)
    Cloud of Bewilderment(2)
    Color Spray(2)
    Glitterdust(1)
    Ray of Enfeeblement(2)
    Web(2)
    Grease(Arcane)(2)
    Haste(2)
    Resist Energy, Mass(2)
    Slow(2)
    Fireball(3)
    Lesser Restoration(3)
    Remove Disease(1)
    Neutralize Poison(1)
    Restoration(2)
    Delay Death(3)
    Shield Other(2)
    Water Breathing(3)
    Wall of Sand(2)
    Wall of Water(2)
    Heal(CL 7)(1)
    Dispel Magic(5)

Lesser Vigor(1)

Memento Magica(1st)(2)

Notable effects
    Shudder Plate: If Orchid is in contact with the ground, she can sense the location of anything within 15 feet that is also in contact with the ground.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Would it really be that shocking? We've fought corrupted delvers down here before, remember?" For her part, Liselle just straight up didn't care what they were killing. She did care about Orchid's reaction... but was struggling to work out what she could say that would help. Better them than me was more an ingrained mentality than some grand wisdom she could impart. And Liselle wasn't great with words to begin with.

When someone began moving, Liselle would take a spot in second place. The tunnels were narrow enough to cause her mobility issues, but she could still squeeze through just as well at her expanded size, so at least she'd be able to fight more-or-less normally from the second row. Presumably Solstafir would be the person going ahead of her, but her weapons would work just as well over anyone else's shoulders, if someone else wanted to lead.

Spoiler
    Show

Liselle's using one charge from each of her buffing dorjes before she starts:
    Vigor ML6 - 30 temp HP, 6 minutes
    Expansion ML3 - Expand 1 size, duration 30 minutes.
    Precognition, Offensive ML4 - +2 insight bonus to attack rolls, 4 minutes
    Precognition, Defensive ML4 - +2 insight bonus to AC and Saves, 4 minutes

Then manifesting Force Screen, Touchsight and Keen Edge (to her chain and greatsword) from her power points.
    Force Screen - 1PP, ML8 - +4 shield bonus/force effect, 8 minutes
    Touchsight - 5PP, ML8 - 60' Touchsight, 8 minutes
    Keen Edge, Psionic - 5+5PP, ML8 - Double critical threat range for her spiked chain (piercing) and greatsword (slashing), 80 minutes.

She's spent 16PP on buffing herself, dropping her reserve to 37.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

After determining marching order given the extremely narrow passage, Levi goes ahead since he can retreat over the others' heads, even squeezing past Liselle despite her psionically expanded stature, followed by the zombie and Solstafir.

Levi's keen senses don't immediately detect danger. There is ambient noise, but nothing discreet.

Not far into the tunnels, however, the passage is entirely blocked by a mass of goo, which is unable to detect Levi. This must be the Black Pudding.
    It starts to shift slowly through the passage towards the rest of the group. Fortunately, as an ooze, it's slow and mindless so the group should have time to prepare before it reaches them, as it'll have to travel about 100ft to reach the group, though it seems to have picked up on the vibrations created by the group entering the passages as it is less than 60ft from the maze entrance - it's just going to have to round some corners to reach its prey (or more likely its doom).

Spoiler: Secret roll
    Show
    (1d20+16)[30]

As Levi starts to return to report, he's accosted by what seem to be four silent spectral tentacles extending at him from the walls, floor, and ceiling not far from the Black Pudding. The tentacles aren't able to pinpoint Levi, but seem to have detected his approximate location (they have 50% chance to miss).

(1d20+5)[13] to hit v. Touch AC
    (1d2)[1] this automatically misses on a 1
    On contact, it deals (1d4)[3] damage and (1d6)[3] constitution drain

(1d20+5)[24] to hit v. Touch AC
    On contact, it deals (1d4)[4] damage and (1d6)[2] constitution drain

(1d20+5)[13] to hit v. Touch AC
    On contact, it deals (1d4)[4] damage and (1d6)[2] constitution drain

(1d20+5)[17] to hit v. Touch AC
    On contact, it deals (1d4)[4] damage and (1d6)[6] constitution drain

As Levi narrowly avoids the two strange spectral tentacles that were the closest to touching him, he can feel that they are like a void of life, tugging at the edges of his vitality just by proximity. The strange spectral tentacles retreat into the walls, floor and ceiling just as quickly as they appeared.

Initiative:
    Enemies: (1d20+7)[14]

Abigale (1d20+2)[9]
    Alistair (1d20+10)[15]
    Levi (1d20+7)[10]
    Liselle (1d20+16)[21]
    Orchid (1d20+2)[4]
    Solstafir (1d20+9)[16]

Alistair, Liselle and Solstafir have initiative.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-07-13 at 05:09 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Alistair, Liselle and Solstafir delay their actions.

The Black Pudding rounds a corner and is now visible to the group at the end of the narrow passage you're in, it will reach you the round after next using double move actions.

The spectral tentacles reach out, attempting to attack various targets. Getting a better look, the group is able to identify the formless wraiths hiding inside the walls.

Even if these enemies fall under the Calm Emotions of Abigale's aura, they will still attempt to devour you, for it is all they know. However, it's clear the wraiths aren't able to pinpoint their prey from within the walls and have a 50% chance to miss.

One attempts to touch Abigale:
    (1d20+5)[7] vs. Touch
    (1d2)[1] - miss on a 1
    (1d4)[4] damage and (1d6)[3] con drain.

One attempts to touch Alistair
    (1d20+5)[16] vs. Touch
    (1d2)[1] - miss on a 1
    (1d4)[1] damage and (1d6)[2] con drain.

One attempts to touch Solstafir
    (1d20+5)[15] vs. Touch
    (1d2)[1] - miss on a 1
    (1d4)[3] damage and (1d6)[2] con drain.

One attempts to touch the zombie
    (1d20+5)[24] vs. Touch
    (1d2)[2] - miss on a 1
    (1d4)[3] damage (the zombie has no con score to drain)

All players may act.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-07-18 at 05:13 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

As Abigale sees the ghost like tendrils reach out from the walls around herself and her allies she begins to worry and begins counting her spells. If these undead, which she assumed to be some form of ghost, wraith, or specter, were outside the walls she could simply try and destroy them, however with them hiding within the walls it stopped her from being able to target them, a lesson she learned on an earlier delve in her carrier. "Alistar, Orchid, their is a divine spell made specifically for warding off allies and yourself from the negative effects of undead. It is known as Death ward, if either of you could help me cast it on the party it would make the undead unable to harm us."

As she finishes saying this she casts the spell upon herself first, making sure Orchid and Alistar saw what she did in case they could replicate the effects, or had the same spell prepared in Alistars case.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Free Talking
    Free Holy Radiance (it doesn't say obstacles block it, only that undead within 10ft of her take 1d4 damage a round for as long as they are within her halo's radiance. So (1d4)[4] of damage to said undead within 10ft of her.

Standard cast Death ward (duration 8 mins) on herself this way following rounds she wont drop before she can protect the others

16. - Top - End - #16

AssassinGuy

Levi moves 5 ft up and away from the spectres' reach. He readies an action to send a wave of negative energy at the wraiths the moment their tentacles show themselves.

Show
    Rebuke Undead to command undead: (1d20+7)[25]

Rebuke Undead (Total HD Limit): (2d6+15)[22]

Readies an action to rebuke (command) the wraiths the moment they attack.

Is floating 10 ft above ground.

Buffs

Psionically Focus

Sacred Vitality (1 minute; immunity to ability damage, ability drain, and energy drain; renew every time when duration expires)

Darkstalker (Anyone with blindsense, Blindsight, Tremorsense and Scent has to make spot/listen checks to detect him)

Invisibility (24 hours) (Gone after readied action)

Blindsense 30 ft

Endure Elements + Protection from Alignment/Positive-Dominant/Negative-Dominant Traits of Planes (Constant; Indefinite)

Fell Flight (24 Hours)

Immune to all harmful vapors and gases ; can breath underwater and in a vacuum; infinite air supply. (Constant)

Mass Resist Energy (80 mins; 20 points of acid damage/attack(or damage) absorbed)
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-07-20 at 10:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll take your word for it since I've had other things to do than study the dead!" Using the dwarven techniques she learned, Orchid quickly stores the spell in her gauntlets and unleashes it upon herself, shielding herself from drain.

Show
    Standard: Use an infusion for Spell Storing item into Death Ward on herself. UMD check is auto pass(DC 23 vs Orchid's +26 UMD bonus)

Show

Sorcerer spell slots

1st: 3/4

SLAs
    Glitterdust(3/3)

Lesser Vigor (6)
    Power Word(Pain)(6)
    Bonefiddle(1)
    Resurgence(2)
    Saltray(2)
    Warning Shout(2)
    Shield(2)
    Fist of Stone(2)
    Cloud of Bewilderment(2)
    Color Spray(2)
    Glitterdust(1)
    Ray of Enfeeblement(2)
    Web(2)
    Grease(Arcane)(2)
    Haste(2)
    Resist Energy, Mass(2)
    Slow(2)
    Fireball(3)
    Lesser Restoration(3)
    Remove Disease(1)
    Neutralize Poison(1)
    Restoration(2)
    Delay Death(3)
    Shield Other(2)
    Water Breathing(3)
    Wall of Sand(2)
    Wall of Water(2)
    Heal(CL 7)(1)
    Dispel Magic(5)

Lesser Vigor(1)

Memento Magica(1st)(2)

Notable effects
    Mass Resist Energy (80 min) 20 points of acid damage/attack(or damage) absorbed
    Mass Conviction (80 min) +3 Morale bonus on all saving throws
    Death Ward:(8 min) immune to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair rubs his holy symbol and prepares to leverage the power of his faith to influence the undead and compel them to obey his commands.

Spoiler
    Show
    ready action to control undead the next tentacle that attacks Alistair, or if the first three don’t attack him, then control the 4th regardless of who it attacks.

Turning check: (1d20+4)[14] max hd =9
    Turn damage (total hd turned): (2d6+10)[16]
    Not sure if knowledge devotion applies but if so add 2 to each roll.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-07-22 at 11:09 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Liselle, Solstafir and the zombie all ready to attack the wraiths.

The first wraith reaches its formless shape out, to find itself immediately Rebuked by Levi. It ceases its movement as it falls under Levi's mental command.

The second wraith reaches its formless shape out, to find itself immediately Turned Rebuked by Alistair. The formless tentacle like shape retreats as the wraith begins to flee. It ceases its movement as it falls under Alistair's mental command.

The third and fourth wraith reach out with their formless shapes to be immediately attacked by the remaining three characters:

Liselle attacks:
    (1d20+15)[21] to hit
    (1d2)[1] miss on 1 to hit incorporeal
    deals (4d6+10)[22] damage

Solstafir attacks:
    (1d20+15)[19] to hit
    (1d2)[1] miss on 1 to hit incorporeal
    deals (3d8+7)[20] +1 fire, +1 electricity

Zombie attacks:
    (1d20+14)[30]
    (1d2)[2] miss on 1 to hit incorporeal
    deals (1d8+17)[25]

Spoiler: Enemy statuses
    Show
    Wraith 1 is Commanded by Levi and has taken 4 damage
    Wraith 2 is Commanded by Levi and has taken 4 damage
    Wraith 3 has taken has taken 29 damage
    Wraith 4 has taken 4 damage
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-07-22 at 10:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Wraith 3 reaches out and tries to touch Liselle:
    (1d20+5)[25] vs touch
    (1d2)[1] misses on 1
    deals (1d4)[1] damage and (1d6)[1] con drain

Wraith 4 reaches out and tries to touch Orchid:
    (1d20+5)[19] vs touch
    (1d2)[2] misses on 1
    deals (1d4)[1] damage and (1d6)[5] con drain

The Black Pudding advances 40ft and is 20ft away from the group.

Show
    Wraith 1 is Commanded by Levi and has taken 4 damage
    Wraith 2 is Commanded by Levi and has taken 4 damage
    Wraith 3 has taken has taken 29 damage
    Wraith 4 has taken 4 damage

All players may act.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-07-22 at 10:57 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

AssassinGuy

Levi commands the wraith he has under control to attack the ooze. The wraith flies out of the wall to touch the black pudding.

Show
    Rebuked Wraith's Touch Attack vs Black Pudding: (1d20+5)[19]

Damage: (1d4)[1]

Con Drain: (1d6)[6]

Is floating 10 ft above ground.

Buffs

Psionically Focus

Sacred Vitality (1 minute; 4 rounds left); immunity to ability damage, ability drain, and energy drain; renew every time when duration expires)

Blindsense 30 ft

Fell Flight (24 Hours)

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair

“Destroy the pudding,” Alistair said as he forced his will through the connection he’d formed with the wraith.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

As the wraiths seem to be under control Abigale relives the error that she had told Orchid. "Orchid I am sorry, I thought these undead drained ones energy, it is how I read it in the text I read. However it seems that they are draining one's ability. In truth I cannot tell the difference between the two, and the spell I showed you and we both cast will protect us from most undead and their forms of attack, just not the wraiths." she says, apologizing to Orchid as she attempts to destroy the ooze with her newly acquired powers.

Spoiler: Destroy Ooze
    Show
    (1d20+7)[27] OOC I know I basically need a nat 20 to make this work, IC Abigale doesn't however so, yolo

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid clicks her tongue, on finding out her infusion was mostly wasted. She manages to keep herself together as a wraith touches her, only to add to her annoyance than deal any significant damage.

"Alright fine, time to do this the old fashioned way." she states, while brandishing her claws and keeping an eye on the wall from where she was touched from.

Show

Standard: Orchid is readying a claw attack against any wraith that tries to touch the party that she can reach. -2 penalty already taken into account.
    Rending Claw: Attack(Crit on 30-32): (1d20+12)[28] Damage: (1d6+6)[12] + 2 + (1d4)[1] + (1d6)[1]
    Crit confirm: Attack: (1d20+12)[16] Damage: (3d6+18)[24] + 6

Show

HP: 135/136

Sorcerer spell slots

SLAs
    Glitterdust(3/3)

Lesser Vigor (6)
    Power Word(Pain)(6)
    Bonefiddle(1)
    Resurgence(2)
    Saltray(2)
    Warning Shout(2)
    Shield(2)
    Fist of Stone(2)
    Cloud of Bewilderment(2)
    Color Spray(2)
    Glitterdust(1)
    Ray of Enfeeblement(2)
    Web(2)
    Grease(Arcane)(2)
    Haste(2)
    Resist Energy, Mass(2)
    Slow(2)
    Fireball(3)
    Lesser Restoration(3)
    Remove Disease(1)
    Neutralize Poison(1)
    Restoration(2)
    Delay Death(3)
    Shield Other(2)
    Water Breathing(3)
    Wall of Sand(2)
    Wall of Water(2)
    Heal(CL 7)(1)
    Dispel Magic(5)

Lesser Vigor(1)

Memento Magica(1st)(2)

Notable effects
    Death Ward:(8 min) immune to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Forgot the damage bonus from the ghost fighting gauntlets: (1d6)[1]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Liselle, Solstafir and zombie ready actions to attack the remaining two wraiths.

The Pudding quivers as Abigale's power to Turn Oozes washes over it and it begins to slide away from the group, immediately pursued by wraith 1 and 2, obeying Levi's and Alistair's commands. On average, it should take two wraiths about 19-20 rounds to finish off the Pudding, which is exactly how long the pudding will flee and then need to return to the fight.

Wraith 3 extends its formless shape in effort to attack Alistair.

(messed up post, rolls in next post)
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-07-23 at 10:24 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

As wraith 3 extends its arm, it is met by Orchid's vicious attack and is destroyed.

wraith 4 extends its arm to attack Abigale and is met by readied attacks:
    Liselle:
    (1d20+15)[20]
    (1d2)[1] miss on 1
    (4d6+10)[25] damage

Solstafir
    (1d20+15)[26]
    (1d2)[2] miss on 1
    (3d8+9)[20] total damage

Zombie
    (1d20+14)[30]
    (1d2)[1] miss on 1
    (1d8+17)[18]

If the wraith survives the onslaught:
    (1d20+5)[24] to touch Abigale
    (1d2)[1] miss on 1
    deals (1d4)[4] damage and (1d6)[5] con drain
    DC 14 fort to resist drain (1d20+14)[15]

The wraith stretches out attempting to feel for its victim but recoils as Solstafir's axe cuts into its incorporeal tentacle-like form and retreats into the wall, having failed in its attack.

Show
    The pudding is effectively destroyed

Wraith 1 is Commanded by Levi and has taken 4 damage - is busy destroying the pudding for the rest of the encounter
    Wraith 2 is Commanded by Levi and has taken 4 damage - is busy destroying the pudding for the rest of the encounter
    Wraith 3 has been destroyed.
    Wraith 4 has taken 24 damage

The party may act.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-07-23 at 10:33 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

AssassinGuy

Levi gathers energy to fire at the last enemy the same time it appear to attack his ally.

Show
    Readied ranged touch attack vs remaining wraith when it attacks someone in the group: (1d20+12)[16] (+1 from PB, +1 from elevation)

Expend Psionic Focus for +4d6 extra damage.

Eldritch Blast Damage: (9d6+1)[19]

Miss Chance due to incorporeality: (1d2)[1] (1 is miss)

Buffs

Sacred Vitality (1 minute; 3 rounds left); immunity to ability damage, ability drain, and energy drain; renew every time when duration expires)

Blindsense 30 ft

Fell Flight (24 Hours)

Last edited by Yas392; 2022-07-23 at 12:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid rears her claws up again after her strike, ready to make swipe at the last wraith.

Show

Standard: Orchid is readying another claw attack against any wraith that tries to touch the party that she can reach. -2 penalty already taken into account.
    Rending Claw: Attack(Crit on 30-32): (1d20+12)[20] Damage: (1d6+6)[11] + 2 + (1d4)[1] + (1d6)[3]
    Crit confirm: Attack: (1d20+12)[29] Damage: (3d6+18)[31] + 6

Show

HP: 135/136

Sorcerer spell slots

SLAs
    Glitterdust(3/3)

Lesser Vigor (6)
    Power Word(Pain)(6)
    Bonefiddle(1)
    Resurgence(2)
    Saltray(2)
    Warning Shout(2)
    Shield(2)
    Fist of Stone(2)
    Cloud of Bewilderment(2)
    Color Spray(2)
    Glitterdust(1)
    Ray of Enfeeblement(2)
    Web(2)
    Grease(Arcane)(2)
    Haste(2)
    Resist Energy, Mass(2)
    Slow(2)
    Fireball(3)
    Lesser Restoration(3)
    Remove Disease(1)
    Neutralize Poison(1)
    Restoration(2)
    Delay Death(3)
    Shield Other(2)
    Water Breathing(3)
    Wall of Sand(2)
    Wall of Water(2)
    Heal(CL 7)(1)
    Dispel Magic(5)

Lesser Vigor(1)

Memento Magica(1st)(2)

Notable effects

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

When the wraith reaches out its formless shape in effort to drain the vitality from its would-be victims, it is met with Orchid's claws and dissipates, destroyed.

Each PC gains 6,300 XP.

As the party continues to squeeze through the maze, you meet up with your commanded wraiths, floating silently over the pool of gunk that was once the black pudding. Eventually the maze leads to an open room which has multiple optional paths. Levi's swarm would be the first to scout the area, but Levi picks up a magical aura with his Detect Magic. There's a Moderate strength Conjuration aura coming from the room.

A cursory investigation by Alistair and Liselle identify a magical trap of some kind. It's likely to activate upon entering the room, though without seeing the trap's effects it's difficult to determine the extent of its function.

Fortunately, the team has a number of sacrificial pawns available, so the trap is tested from a safe distance using Levi's swarm. As the swarm enters the chamber a cone of yellow-orange fire blasts downward from the ceiling, engulfing everything on the ground level and incinerating Levi's swarm. Those with spellcraft recognize the spell as Blast of Flame.

A magical trap like that could be dangerous, or very valuable. How do you approach it?