New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character II

As Orchid tells her story about her parents Sister Abigail sits back and drinks her tea, paying attention to Levi's reactions and questions as she does so. She had questions of her own of course, however it was best to sit and watch Levi instead and see how he reacted she figured. After Orchid's story is over and Levi says he likes the food Orchid made before taking off she couldn't help by smirk as the young halfling left the house with his wraith.

"He only ran after you explained you lost both of your parents Orchid. Not even during my small sermun that was meant to bore him, or telling him about himself did he leave. Nor did questions about why he wanted to delve into the Dungeon bother him. I suspect he lost someone to the Dungeon rather dear to him. So no I don't think we should follow him, or else this persona of Levi's will not possibly trust us again." she explains as she finishes off her tea. "He was himself enough to know your house was one of a friend, even if he didn't know you in this state, and the wraith still obeys him. I suspect he will be left alone by most of the smaller people due to our reputation, and those like us who have delved for a while will be wary of the wraith and if he is simply acting as well as us finding out they may have hurt him. So all in all I believe he is safe to go." she remarks kindly to Orchid. "I think we should do a bit of digging into his past however, he hasn't been exactly right since we faced that shadow creature. And when you talked about people dying in the dungeon or vanishing he left in a rather decent, though excusable to a child, rush. I suspect if we are to help him through this we will have to learn a bit more about our friend first."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Levi turns up the next day at Orchid's house.

"I am here for the check up."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

It seems as soon as the renowned delvers are able to settle into their Solum homes, the call comes once again.

Marching out to the Yard with the other delvers, it's clear that there are numerous fresh faces and fewer and fewer faces from your earliest delves. You pass by the monumental obelisks. The first still broken near its foundation, the second with only a couple of low-ranking bureaucrats making the final additions of names in the limited space. The third obelisk has now been completed and several low-ranking bureaucrats are inscribing names of fallen and lost delvers onto the monument.

Reaching the fortress around the Dungeon it appears some additions have been made. A pair of enormous siege weapons sit atop the two corner towers pointing inwards, the weapons and large and blocky in shape. You each pass over the mote and through the several open gates into the yard.

As usual, bureaucrats, with their distinctive round hats are running around and collecting the attendance and low ranking royal guards patrol the battlements, walls and stand at ready at the edges of the yard.

After sometime, as the sun's rays start to pass over the walls of the fortress, the head bureaucrat climbs up onto the speaking platform and begin announcing assignments. There's been no change to your Delving team and being one of the most veteran groups, your call comes early.

The group ascends the marble steps into the columned passage to the Dungeon and begin walking towards the imperceptible portal. As reality seems to start to bend and stretch, the small greatsword Orchid purchased rumored to be the key to the lost halls of Zeiram the Lich releases a burst of magical energy and reality snaps back into place leaving the feeling as though you had just done a hundred rapid somersaults in the pits of your stomach. The feeling quickly fades and the group takes stock of their new surroundings:

Chamber 1:
    An enclosed room made of hewn stone, 20x15ft and only 10ft tall. A pair of torches resting in sconces glow on the sides of the room, one producing a greenish light and the other a blueish light causing strange shadows to dance about the room. A single reinforced wooden door stands alone against the far wall.

Exits:
    The solitary door.

Both torches appear to be magic items, as they are everburning. Otherwise, there appears to be no other magic sources in the empty room. The door is neither trapped nor locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid looks nauseous for a moment before recouping herself, still looking a little green. "I hope they all aren't like that." Looking around her surroundings she notices the only door in the room. "Only one way to go."

Before the Dungeon
    Orchid opens the door looking a little surprised and more confused. "Levi? What check up are you talking about?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Only pre-dungeon buff is burning a 3rd level Infusion into the third hand for full functionality.

Spoiler: Orchid's Status
    Show

Temp: 0
    HP: 163/163

Sorcerer spell slots
    Cantrips: 6/6(Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Light, Read Magic)
    1st: 7/7(Color Spray, Grease, Shield, Magic Missile)
    2nd: 6/6(Glitterdust, Wraithstrike)
    3rd: 5/5(Dispel Magic, Fireball)
    4th: 2/2(Shadow Conjuration)

Infusions(Can use any infusion at any time; anything slower than a standard uses a standard action instead; standards are now swifts)
    1st: 4/4
    2nd: 4/4
    3rd: 3/4
    4th: 3/3

SLAs
    Haste(3/3)

Scrolls(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Lesser Vigor (6)
    Power Word(Pain)(6)
    Bonefiddle(1)
    Resurgence(2)
    Saltray(2)
    Warning Shout(2)
    Shield(2)
    Fist of Stone(2)
    Cloud of Bewilderment(2)
    Color Spray(2)
    Glitterdust(1)
    Ray of Enfeeblement(2)
    Web(2)
    Grease(Arcane)(2)
    Haste(2)
    Resist Energy, Mass(2)
    Slow(2)
    Fireball(3)
    Lesser Restoration(3)
    Remove Disease(1)
    Neutralize Poison(1)
    Restoration(2)
    Delay Death(3)
    Shield Other(2)
    Water Breathing(3)
    Wall of Sand(2)
    Wall of Water(2)
    Heal(CL 7)(1)
    Dispel Magic(5)

Potions(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Lesser Vigor(1)

Other(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Memento Magica(1st)(2)
    Memento Magica, Xansia(1st)(1)

Notable effects
    Spare Hand active(24h, used 3rd level infusion)
    Cloak of minor concealment: 20% miss chance
    Shudder Plate: If Orchid is in contact with the ground, she can sense the location of anything within 15 feet that is also in contact with the ground.
    Glaring Eye: Orchid has blindsense out to a distance of 30 feet.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

5. - Top - End - #275

AssassinGuy

Before the Dungeon

"I did mention I want a check up after some rest. I did not mention who I want to do a check up with which is either you, Abigail or both if you have the time. It is Dungeon Fruit related. To see if there are any negative effects after consuming three fruits. Contributing to your research, really."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-10-30 at 05:20 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Before the Dungeon
    Orchid nods and moves out of the way to allow Levi in. "Come in and makes yourself comfortable on a couch in the living room. I'll be there shortly and it will take a round an hour for a thorough exam."

While Levi makes himself comfortable, the artificer grabs various tools and begins her exam.

Show
    Orchid is taking 20, for a total of 30

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Ugh, our fault for bringing along the 'sure, we'll fight a lich!' sword, I guess."

While she might have just about fitted, Liselle decides against enlarging herself just yet. That 10' ceiling would be quite annoying if she made herself 12' tall...

Still, she goes through the rest of her buffs before taking a spot beside the door.

Spoiler: Buffin'
    Show

Precognition, Offensive - +3 insight bonus to attack rolls, 7 minute duration (ML(4+4) dorje)
    Vigor - +50 temp HP, 10 minute duration (ML(6+4) dorje)
    Precognition, Defensive - +3 insight bonus to AC and Saving Throws, 7 minute duration (ML4+4 dorje)
    Inertial Armor - +8 AC, 8 hours (ML5+4 dorje) - Makes no difference to Liselle's stats, since her regular armor is better, but means she only loses 1 point of AC against incorporeal attacks.
    Metaphysical Weapon - Sets a weapon's enhancement bonus to +3, 9 hours (ML5+4 dorje) - Manifested on the Greatsword, Heavy Flail, and Spiked Chain.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Abigail seems outright giddy as the group enters the lichs dungeon. These things I can help you all with. She says with a smile before buffing the group and getting ready to go.

9. - Top - End - #279

AssassinGuy

Before Dungeon

Levi seats himself on the furniture and relaxes himself by lowering his guard to let Orchid examine his body.

Current Time

"That is nauseous. Worst trip I experienced. Do we still have the sword or is it gone?"

Levi turns invisible, gets his darkness shroud out but away from the party to prevent it from obscuring their vision and hovers 5 ft above the party. The halfling warlock positions himself by the wall on the side of the door opposite of Liselle as she stays by the door. He hides and scans the area with his other senses.

Show
    Will add senses and rolls after questions such as the mindsight are confirmed in OOC to complete my sheet.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Taking stock, the sword is still in your possession, though seems to have discharged some amount of magic (it's still a +2 small size greatsword, but will no longer draw wielders into the Lost Halls of Zeiram the Lich).

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair, with Staffy safely in his haversack, watched the shadows for a moment to see if they’re unnatural in any way.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

12. - Top - End - #282

AssassinGuy

The sword is still there but it has lost its one-shot ability to summon any wielder after us to this location. It is just a normal magic sword now.

Levi sent his telepathic message to his allies. He creates a 10 ft cube cover that connects to the ceiling to hide Abigail, Orchid and Alistar.

How's that? Thick enough to block incoming assault when we open the door?

The telepathic message is relayed to Abigail, Alistar and Orchid. After hearing their reply, the halfling warlock looks at the door.

Tell me when you are ready and I will see if I sense anything before sending my wraith to scout ahead. Then, we open the door.

The telepathic message is directed to all allies. Once the group is ready, Levi listens through the door. He goes back to his original spot to hide. The halfling warlock imbues the wraith healing devotion and send the wraith to go pass the door to scout ahead, reporting any findings back.

Show
    Hide: (1d20+62)[63]

Move Silently: (1d20+28)[42]

Listen through door: (1d20+6)[16]

Command wraith to pass through door to scout ahead and report any findings.

Switch Dark One's Own Luck Save Bonus from Will to Fort.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Going under the assumption that Mind shielding, which blocks detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to discern alignment would also block telepathy

"I am sure that the nauseousness will past momentarily, if not I can cure it easily enough Levi." she reassures her friend happy to see him to his old self again but curious as to what caused the transformation back into this personality. As Levi gets his darkness out and surrounds himself in it she casts a quick spell, as her eyes change as a jet black film covers them so that she is able to see into the blackness that now surrounds him. "Levi the aura around me is not magical in nature so in theory it should not cancel each other out. If you are open to the idea I would like to try and stay at the edge of your darkness, just out of sight of creatures to pinpoint the healer with ease. But easily able to run to whoever needs my aid." she tells her friend, waiting to see how he responds due to him being invisible she still couldn't see him after all. Nor could she hear the conversation the others were having inside their heads.

Moving over to the torch giving off greenish light she tries to lift it out of its holder and carries it around the room if it proves possible to move.

14. - Top - End - #284

AssassinGuy

Show
    Going to see what Aegis say about telepathy. Going with the assumption that ring does not block telepathy. Will also need to work with Abigail to shape the area of her concealment so that it does not impede the other party members. His darkness is malleable.

Levi looks at Abigail. As Abigail pitches out her idea of staying at the edge of darkness, he nods.

Sure. We will need to work out the area of concealment as to not affect the others. I can shape the area to your specifics.

If Abigail does not reacts, he will vocalize the response out loud.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-11-03 at 09:38 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Wraith passes through the reinforced door and returns shortly.

"The chamber ahead appears unguarded." the creature reports, being careful to avoid Abigail's Holy Radiance.

16. - Top - End - #286

AssassinGuy

Levi commands the ghost to stay out of Abigail's aura range.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Abigail nods still trying to get used to hearing a voice in her head. After all most people were not able to get inside of her head so this seemed different. More personal. Once the two worked out if her aura would cancel out his darkness or not she moves over alone to the everburning torch that was tossing off the greenish light and tries to move it around the room to see if anything changes. Stating in her head. "Undead do not need light to see so either something in this dungeon can be hidden without one or both of these lights or they serve some other purpose." she says in her mind not sure how this fully worked to the others as she tried to investigate the mystery of the torches in a lichens home.

18. - Top - End - #288

AssassinGuy

Levi watches Abigail's movement to see if her actions trigger a reaction. If not, Levi will signal to Liselle to open the door after getting confirmation of readiness and response of the wall from Alistar and Orchid.

To all party members: I'm not going to blow off the door. They can provide either me or Liselle with cover.

Show
    What is the size of the door?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-11-03 at 11:24 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair uses his wand to add keen edge to both of his kukris, then waits to see if Abigail gains any insight from the torches.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

With the green everburning torch removed from its sconce and moved to the other side of the room, one side of the room is much brighter while the other is darker.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

As nothing is revealed in the light of the torch she removed she takes the second one off as well replacing it with the green one and walking to the other side with the other torch to see if anything happened or changes. If nothing does she asks Orchid in their minds. "Is the walking chest able to carry stuff as it walks or just while it stands still? Curious if they could have the chest walk with the torches on the off chance nowhere else was lit with light.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    As nothing is revealed in the light of the torch she removed she takes the second one off as well replacing it with the green one and walking to the other side with the other torch to see if anything happened or changes. If nothing does she asks Orchid in their minds. "Is the walking chest able to carry stuff as it walks or just while it stands still? Curious if they could have the chest walk with the torches on the off chance nowhere else was lit with light.
    "Heh, worst case we can sell 'em when we get back," Alistair said. He used his wand to add keen edge to his blades.
    "Anyone else need a keen edge?" he asked.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #293

AssassinGuy

Not me. I am waiting for your responses to my cover and readiness. Is the cover good or do I need to add some more layers?

The telepathic voice is directed to Abigail, Orchid and Alistar.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

"Chester is a chest on legs- so he will follow and store what ever you want him to." Orchid notes to Abigail. The artificer then looks towards Levi. "I think it's good enough."

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

The cover is enough for me. Abigail says in agreement.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Not me. I am waiting for your responses to my cover and readiness. Is the cover good or do I need to add some more layers?

The telepathic voice is directed to Abigail, Orchid and Alistar.
    “I am good for now,” Alistair replied.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #297

AssassinGuy

Levi idles to observe the effect of Abigail removing the other flame has an effect before asking Orchid, Abigail and Alistar if they are ready and in position. If they are, Levi signals to Liselle with telepathy to open the door.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-11-05 at 03:26 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Chamber 2

Opening the door reveals a short, thin hallway that opens into a larger 30x25ft chamber. The ceiling is slightly higher, though only 12ft.

Traces of what were once brightly colored murals remain on the ceiling and walls of the chamber. The floor was also once covered in a tile mural, though the tiles are cracked and broken. Cobwebs fill the corners and the bones of two humanoid creatures lie scattered about the room.

There is another reinforced wooden door on the opposite wall, and as Chester illuminates the room with the blue and green everburning torches, hidden chambers behind illusory walls are revealed. One to the left and one to the right, both are rather small and each contain a large stone sarcophagus. The sarcophagi were once intricately decorated and highly ornate, though the impressive features have been lost to time leaving only traces of their former glory.

No detectable traces of magic or traps are located on the sarcophagi or doors, but it's possible the sarcophagi may have some feature to block magical detection.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

As the group enter the short and thin hallway Abigail looks to the walls as they walk making sure the torches do not illuminate anything as they pass. Thankfully it doesn't take long as they enter the next chamber of this lich's domain. Looking around she wonders what the broken murals once were as the light of the torches flickers against them. I knew the torches had to be there for a reason. Abigail says to the others as Chester illuminates two hidden doors with the torches. Looking at the bones scattered around the floor, mixed with the two sarcophagi she deducts that there are either two mummies that are alerted to anyone trying to pass a certain point in the room or open the wooden door. Meaning the two skeletal remains on the floor were either past delvers, to far gone for the dungeon to reuse in the traditional sense. Or undead minions of the lich. Either way it looked like a minimum of four enemies by her count. Call her paranoid, but when it came to undead she had trained most of her life to look for the signs of them and how to defeat them.

All of this information she informs the others of so that they can make their own decisions on the matter.

Show
    Just to be clear, circle room we come into, their is a arch on the left and right of us with a small chamber on both ends, and a door directly in front of us that is shut and reinforced. If so would Abigail be able to stand in the middle of the room and use Destroy Undead and hit both sarcophagi and the bones without hitting the wraith or undead Hag?

30. - Top - End - #300

AssassinGuy

Levi commands his wraith to stay in the starting room, use the wall beside the door as a cover and come back after the battle is over.