New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character II

"If someone wants a spell before we go into this, tell me now." Orchid informs her party.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Despite the completely reasonable concern, the skeletal remains of the humanoids in this chamber remain motionless. There's no trace that they are undead, though any possessions they may have once had have removed. There is also no sign of movement or threat from either of the two previously hidden sarcophagi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

As nothing happens as Abigail walks around the area, her undead harming aura touching everything and nothing appears to change she lets the others know it must be clear before looking at the sarcophagi and asking the others if they should risk opening them to see what was inside.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid moves up a bit near Abigail. "We should wait for them to be checked for traps before messing with them."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Given that neither placing swarms on them or dispelling does anything to the stone sarcophagi, Liselle investigates.

It seems that neither is trapped, though both sarcophagi have traces suggesting that they were forced open from within and had their lids placed back on them. When this happened is unclear, but it was likely long ago. Perhaps whatever emerged from the sarcophagi at that time killed the two humanoids whose bones remain.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-11-10 at 12:58 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Levi attempts to shatter the bones with baleful utterance to prevent re-animation.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-11-10 at 01:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

It takes multiple castings, but Levi leaves the major bones of the skeletons broken and shattered.

The room remains silent. The murals that once covered the walls are so faded, they no longer depict anything but small broken fragments of faded colors.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-11-10 at 06:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

As the group confirms the sarcophagi seem to be clear of traps and other such things as well as reveal that they happened to be opened from the inside in the past Abigail looks to the others nodding her head that she was ready whenever they were to open the lids.

9. - Top - End - #309

AssassinGuy

Levi renews his invisibility after his assault.

Telepathy (All allies): Need any cover before one of us open the lid? If so, where do you want to place it?

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Levi renews his invisibility after his assault.

Telepathy (All allies): Need any cover before one of us open the lid? If so, where do you want to place it?
    "If we can block off one of the sarcophagi, that would be a good idea, that way we're only facing one at a time," Alistair thought.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-11-11 at 08:03 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid nods and takes out two immovable rods. "Try using these. They'll stop just about anything when activated."

12. - Top - End - #312

AssassinGuy

Levi will create the cover to the party's specifications once they pour their answers through the mental link. He re-stealth himself before the deed.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hide: (1d20+62)[70]

Move Silently: (1d20+28)[46]

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Orchid nods and takes out two immovable rods. "Try using these. They'll stop just about anything when activated."
    Alistair will try to figure out a way to use the rods to keep the other sarcophagus from opening.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

With the immovable rods in place, it would require teleportation or similar for anything in one of the sarcophagi to leave it. The other however, remains motionless and silent still not showing any signs of threat or danger.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

"If no one else is willing..." Orchid slithers over to the unsecured sarcophagus and tries to push open the lid.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The lid slides off with the sound of stone grinding on stone. As the lid slams into the ground creating a cloud of dust, a tunnel is revealed behind the sarcophagi only accessible through the sarcophagi itself. It appears as if a creature dug through the stone and dirt traveling an unknown distance underground. The tunnel goes back the way you came.

The passage is uncomfortably small for a medium creature, requiring squeezing, though a small creature can navigate it reasonably.

Objects of interest
    The remaining sarcophagi, which is locked closed with two immovable rods

Exits
    The reinforced wooden door
    The small tunnel behind the first sarcophagus

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Let's stick the lid back on, shove one of the immovable rods on top, and check the next room. Traipsing through the tunnel in single file with most of us too cramped to move quickly is the sort of thing we shouldn't do until we're sure nothing is left to come up behind us."

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

"We also have the wraith that would not be troubled by such a small space that could scout the tunnel as well as Levi's bat swarms. As do we really want to leave items laying around unguarded for to long? If the lich is still here I am sure he would find a way to deactivate the rods for instance and then use them against us or worse." Abigail points out, giving to logical ways for them to see where the tunnel leads without any of them being in any real danger.

19. - Top - End - #319

AssassinGuy

"Thank you for reminding me."

Levi uses his swarms to check what is underneath the sarcophagus for threats before creating another in the whole after dismissing the first set.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The swarm crawls down the tunnel until it leaves it leaves line of sight. It's unclear what happened to it, if anything.

21. - Top - End - #321

AssassinGuy

Levi sends in his wraith next into the hole and commands it to report its finding to the group once it returns from scouting.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Hidden Rolls
    Show
    Wraith's hide check(1d20+11)[17]
    (1d20+18)[26]

Forgot initiative.

(1d20+17)[23]

The wraith silently vanishes into the floor, scouting the tunnel. It is compelled to obedience by Levi's mystic grasp on it.
    An amount of time passes that suggests the wraith will not be returning. Or perhaps the tunnel's length is so vastly incomprehensible it stretches to infinity. Probably the first one, though.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-11-18 at 04:59 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    "We also have the wraith that would not be troubled by such a small space that could scout the tunnel as well as Levi's bat swarms. As do we really want to leave items laying around unguarded for to long? If the lich is still here I am sure he would find a way to deactivate the rods for instance and then use them against us or worse." Abigail points out, giving to logical ways for them to see where the tunnel leads without any of them being in any real danger.
    "We definitely should not leave the rods there," Alistair said, agreeing.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #324

AssassinGuy

"Strange. It has not return."

Levi mentally commands the wraith to come back.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-11-19 at 11:45 AM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The wraith doesn't return.

26. - Top - End - #326

AssassinGuy

Telepathy (All): The hole must be the enemy. Are poking it? Having fun with it? Dumping load into it?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-11-19 at 04:12 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

After a while passes and the wraith does not return Abigail looks to the others. "One of three things has happened. I will list them in descending order of possibility. The first, it encountered whatever was down there and was destroyed. Why it wouldn't flee into a wall away from attack I do not know but perhaps it didn't see its attacker until it was to late. The second option is the lich took control of it, but to what effect. After all the most logical thing to do would have been to send it back to attack us. We would not have expected it yet it did not return thus why this is less likely than the previous outcome. Lastly the tunnel is just that long, which I highly doubt." Abigail says mentally to the others. "If we go in single file we are sitting ducks for whatever is in there. If we leave the rods in place and leave there is a good chance they will be gone when we return. And if we simply ignore the tunnel and no doubt the tunnel on the other one, we risk being attacked from behind at a later time. Never mind we cannot complete a delve until all monsters are defeated. While it is the least desirable option, I think we have to go into the tunnel."

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"There are three 'unsafe' exits from here, Sister. We run the risk of being attacked from behind whichever one we take. We're still better off doing the door first. The reason is pretty simple: We want to fight as little as possible in those tunnels. Anything that comes up the tunnels to try and attack us in the rear fights us on better ground - for us - than the tunnels are."

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    "There are three 'unsafe' exits from here, Sister. We run the risk of being attacked from behind whichever one we take. We're still better off doing the door first. The reason is pretty simple: We want to fight as little as possible in those tunnels. Anything that comes up the tunnels to try and attack us in the rear fights us on better ground - for us - than the tunnels are."
    "Can we use one rod each to block the tunnels while we explore ahead?" Alistair thought.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

After some thought, Orchid speaks up. "I'm with Liselle on this one. The labyrinth was a pain because of the enclose quarters and I'm not keen on immediately going into a similar situation right from the start. I also think we should proceed through the door and keep that sarcophagus closed up."