New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character II

The Dispel Magic is effective, rendering Staffy into just a quarterstaff for at least 1 round, enough time for Levi to place Staffy back into the Harversack.

Up the stairs is another door, behind which Gulin warned of two demons. The stairs also continue upward, presumably to the room where the other Delver team arrived.

There's no magic on the door and as the others, swarms aren't able to fit through while it's closed.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-09-03 at 12:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Sorry. It's voice grates on my nerves long enough. This is not the time for a normal chat and I don't want to risk it when anyone puts it on the ground. Perhaps later in a safer environment."

As the group continues upwards, he renews his invisibility and does his regular scouting routine for the results to come back with nothing.

"This is the floor where Gulin warn us of the bewitching demons and horrors. Abigail, can you cast your magic circle against evil? There is a lot of mental magic awaiting us and I am certain no ones wants to lose control of their mind and body."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

"Odd choice of words given you took away Staffy's will and shoved him in a bag. However it doesn't matter anyways as I did not prepare that spell this day due to it having not been needed the last few delves I instead focused on more environmental type spells like water breathing and being able to walk on snow." Abigail answers honestly, unable to cast the spell asked as she had not prepared it.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Once any preemptive measures are put in place, the group throws open the door revealing another circular chamber.

Two long tables occupy this room, each covered in various items: weapons, armor, vials, scroll tubes, clothing, and a centerpiece of a large hollow horn overflowing with some kind of withered vines reminiscent of grapevines. It's surrounded by the mutilated parts of two delvers from Gulin's ill-fated group.

Two lithe humanoid women stand at the other end of the chamber.

One is a dark-haired woman who quickly draws an enormous blade coated with dark energy from its holster on her back.

Spoiler: Kn: Planes DC 20
    Show
    Succubus

Weak to cold iron and [Good] aligned attacks.
    Strong against most energy damage, especially electricity and poison and resistant to some magic.
    Can inflict negative levels with a touch.
    Multiple spell like abilities. They can charm and manipulate people with their magic.
    Spoiler: DC 25
    Show
    They also can vanish into the Ethereal Plane and Teleport

Usually succubi don't engage in direct combat, though this one may be an exception given that greatsword.

The other hides her head inside of a grotesque tentacled helmet and points a ward toward you.

Spoiler: Kn: Dungeoneering DC 20
    Show
    The helmet is made from a Mind-Flayer. Creatures that devour the brains of others. They also excel in the psionic and arcane arts.

Spoiler: Kn: Nature DC 25
    Show
    Nymph

They're so beautiful that all humanoids who see them fall in love with them, though this one is under that hideous head-wear.
    They wield powerful nature magic.
    They're weak to cold iron.
    They can stun a person by looking at them.

Spoiler: DC 30
    Show
    The Headwear, while hideous wouldn't hinder these abilities, you don't need to see the Nymph to be affected. Though the magic created by their beauty only works at close range.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-09-04 at 11:19 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Initiative:
    Abigail (1d20+2)[3]
    Alistair (1d20+10)[19]
    Levi (1d20+7)[8]
    Liselle (1d20+16)[31]
    Orchid (1d20+2)[5]
    Solstafir (1d20+9)[18]

Foes (1d20+5)[24]

Liselle has initiative.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-09-03 at 07:30 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Liselle is not aware of the blindness effect Nymphs can have on those nearby; Nor is she aware of the nature of the two women (or the ideal weapons to use against them), since she hasn't fought them before and lacks the relevant knowledge skills.

So she decides to charge the one who is holding a wand, in the hopes of taking the caster down quickly so her colleagues can mob the one with the sword.

Spoiler
    Show

Fort save vs blindness - (1d20+16)[22] - however, Liselle has touchsight active, and will just fight using that if her regular sight is blinded.

Liselle is attempting to repeat the one-hit-kill she had vs the cryohydra, so using her greatsword, leap attacking, manifesting psionic lion's charge, and applying 8 points of Power Attack via Heedless Charge. (About the only difference is that Liselle has not recast her Psionic Keen Edges, so her crit threat range is back to 18+ instead of 15+, as she wants to save those power points in case of an upcoming death door.)

As before, this is a net +2 to her attacks, -10 to her AC, +39 to damage (+32 from the power attack, +7 from Battle Cunning), at a cost of 3 power points.

Attack 1 - (1d20+20)[31] - Critical threats on a 38+
    Lightning Recovery, if needed - (1d20+22)[34]
    Damage - (6d10+50)[86]
    Sneak Attack - (1d6)[2]

Crit Conf 1 - (1d20+27)[35]
    Crit Damage - (12d10+100)[169]

[roll=Attack 2]1d20+15)[16] - Critical threats on a 33+ - Edit: Ahh, missed the end of this one when copying over from her last charge :( I'll roll again in a fresh post.
    Lightning Recovery, if needed and not used up on the first attack - (1d20+17)[29]
    Damage - (6d10+50)[100]
    Sneak Attack - (1d6)[2]

Crit Conf 2 - (1d20+22)[37]
    Crit Damage - (12d10+100)[175]

If the succubus attempts to approach Liselle, (even with the sword, she's still expanded, so will get an AOO as the succubus leaves a 10' distance space to get adjacent to her) she will try an attack of opportunity+stand still on her. If the Nymph attempts to retreat away from her (in any manner that would trigger an AOO) she'll do the same to her. Otherwise she'll take any chance at an AOO either figure gives her (which includes activating Karmic Strike, so she can counter-attack anyone who strikes her in melee.)

Spoiler: AOOs
    Show

Liselle can make 5 AOOs in a round:
    AOO 1 - (1d20+20)[31] - Critical threats on a 38+
    Damage 1 - (6d10+50)[88] - this becomes the reflex DC for the succubus to finish moving
    Crit Conf AOO 1 - (1d20+27)[46]
    Crit Damage AOO 1 - (12d10+100)[175]

AOO 2 - (1d20+20)[35] - Critical threats on a 38+
    Damage 2 - (6d10+50)[70] - this becomes the reflex DC for the succubus to finish moving
    Crit Conf AOO 2 - (1d20+27)[36]
    Crit Damage AOO 2 - (12d10+100)[149]

AOO 3 - (1d20+20)[27] - Critical threats on a 38+
    Damage 3 - (6d10+50)[93] - this becomes the reflex DC for the succubus to finish moving
    Crit Conf AOO 3 - (1d20+27)[45]
    Crit Damage AOO 3 - (12d10+100)[177]

AOO 4 - (1d20+20)[25] - Critical threats on a 38+
    Damage 4 - (6d10+50)[92] - this becomes the reflex DC for the succubus to finish moving
    Crit Conf AOO 4 - (1d20+27)[40]
    Crit Damage AOO 4 - (12d10+100)[165]

AOO 5 - (1d20+20)[25] - Critical threats on a 38+
    Damage 5 - (6d10+50)[82] - this becomes the reflex DC for the succubus to finish moving
    Crit Conf AOO 5 - (1d20+27)[42]
    Crit Damage AOO 5 - (12d10+100)[170]

Spoiler: Liselle's stats after her round
    Show

Liselle has a -14 penalty to AC (I've added it to her sheet for now).

Liselle is in Child of Shadow stance, and moved this round, so gets the 20% concealment miss chance, if its relevant.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2022-09-04 at 06:21 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show

And here's the roll for Lis' second attack, that I fluffed up in the post above:
    (1d20+15)[33]

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Liselle's attack bisects the Nymph wearing the Mind-Flayer helmet, causing a burst of red mist from the speed and force of the attack to burst forth from the fresh corpse and rain down upon Liselle and the nearby Succubus. Upon seeing this the face of the Succubus reveals her comprehension that she is utterly outmatched.

The Succubus steps away from Liselle and invokes her power to Teleport, vanishing from the fight.

Searching the room, you find the centerpiece on the tables is a Horn of Plenty. There's a variety of other loot as well:

• Horn of Plenty
    • +1 mace
    • Potion of Cure Serious Wounds
    • Potion of Cat's Grace
    • Arcane Scroll of Nondetection
    • Arcane Scroll of Dispel Magic (max caster level)
    • +1 cloak of resistance
    • Wand of Aid with 19 charges
    • Amulet of Natural Armor +1

The corpse of the Nymph has:
    • The Dendritan (Mind-Flayer Helmet) - gives the wearer the power to call upon the abilities of a Mind-Flayer, each 1/d - Levitate, Suggestion, and Mind Blast (save DCs etc are the same as for a standard entry Mind-Flayer). Market Price: 20,000gp
    • Wand of Flame Strike with 25 charges.

With the last foes dead or gone as the chamber above was simply Gulin's group landing point, you hear the characteristic whoosh of the opening of the portal to Solum come from far below, however another sound comes from above.

Advancing above, it seems the final door on the staircase has been replaced by a yawning black maw. Tendrils of shadow seems stretch out from the edges as if grasping at each of you, sometimes showing you shadow puppetry of various grizzly fates you may face should take on the Death Door.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-09-04 at 07:31 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"My sword!" There was, of course, nothing wrong with the sword Liselle had just used, beyond the bits of Nymph covering the blade... "Come on, you can't just run away with our loot like that!"

But as the open portals revealed, the succubus had, in fact, done so.

"Ugh, once we get back to town, I'll have to see if there's a psionic create water power I can learn or something. I get the feeling this won't be the last time I get sprayed in entrails like this..." There's not much she can do for now beyond wiping the sword clean on her hopelessly-dirty trousers. "So, death door or portal? I don't intend to eat the dungeon fruit either way, so it makes little difference to me..."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Before Abigale even had time to consider what new enemies they were facing, the battle was over, Liselle finishing it before it ever really began. Helping the others find everything in the room Abigail looks up at the Death Door before turning back to the others. "We cannot hope to stop the Dungeon if we do not face its champions, and we cannot learn more about the fruit or the effects of what Sol has without eating a fruit.I still have a great deal of my spells left though all of my protections except my armor are gone from us and I will not be able to get them again. I vote for going, or at least telling Sol we did if we choose not to, I will take the drink this time to hopefully mitigate suspicion." she says, casting her vote.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

"...That's interesting. Teleport doesn't allow for planar travel but the dungeon treats it as if she had done so. I wonder if anyone else had noticed such a thing. Anyway, I think I should hold onto the wand. We'll likely need the firepower for the door." she says before turning her attention to Liselle.

"Liselle- here, let me clean you up. I've got just the thing for it."
    Orchid states before slithering over to her friend. With a simple casting of prestidigitation she makes short work of any blood and filth on Liselle.

"There that should do it."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Prestidigitation to clean up Liselle.
    Use the two normal Memento Magica to restore two 1st level infusion slot.
    Cast Shield on herself.
    Orchid is going to carry the Wand of Flamestrike on her person in case it's needed for the Death Door.

Spoiler: Orchid's status
    Show

Temp: 2
    HP: 136/136

Sorcerer spell slots
    Cantrips: 5/6(Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Light, Read Magic)
    1st: 5/6(Color Spray, Grease, Shield, Magic Missile)
    2nd: 4/5(Glitterdust, Wraithstrike)
    3rd: 3/4(Dispel Magic, Haste)

Infusions(Can use any infusion at any time; anything slower than a standard uses a standard action instead; standards are now swifts)
    1st: 4/4
    2nd: 3/4
    3rd: 2/4
    4th: 1/1

SLAs
    Glitterdust(3/3)

Scrolls(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Lesser Vigor (6)
    Power Word(Pain)(6)
    Bonefiddle(1)
    Resurgence(2)
    Saltray(2)
    Warning Shout(2)
    Shield(2)
    Fist of Stone(2)
    Cloud of Bewilderment(2)
    Color Spray(2)
    Glitterdust(1)
    Ray of Enfeeblement(2)
    Web(2)
    Grease(Arcane)(2)
    Haste(2)
    Resist Energy, Mass(2)
    Slow(2)
    Fireball(3)
    Lesser Restoration(3)
    Remove Disease(1)
    Neutralize Poison(1)
    Restoration(2)
    Delay Death(3)
    Shield Other(2)
    Water Breathing(3)
    Wall of Sand(2)
    Wall of Water(2)
    Heal(CL 7)(1)
    Dispel Magic(5)

Potions(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Lesser Vigor(1)

Other(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Memento Magica(1st)(2, 2 used)
    Memento Magica, Xansia(1st)(1)

Notable effects
    Spare Hand active(24h, used 3rd level infusion)
    Cloak of minor concealment: 20% miss chance
    Shudder Plate: If Orchid is in contact with the ground, she can sense the location of anything within 15 feet that is also in contact with the ground.
    Glaring Eye: Orchid has blindsense out to a distance of 30 feet.
    Shield: +4 Shield bonus to AC for 8 minutes.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

12. - Top - End - #162

AssassinGuy

"Death door if our casters can layer their protection on the entire group particularly protection from evil spells and spells that boosts willpower, all our other attributes. The black tendrils there are something I want to get close to study. As much as I like to, I would rather last longer than being consumed by it immediately. It would be no fun. From Gulin's information and my gut feeling, protecting our minds from the corrupting influence behind the death door seems to be the foremost priority."

Levi bends backwards then flips his body back to its rightful position.

"Escaping and avoiding the tendrils might be another from what I suspected."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-09-05 at 12:28 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Solstafir interlocked his fingers and pushed outward, a series of cracks answering the motion. "Seems we finally get a real workout after all, would be a shame to return with nothing but that hydra to show for it. But first, we feast." At the horn's call - figurative, it was the likeness of a drinking utensil not an instrument - a long table draped with fine red cloth materialized out of thin air, richly decked with silver plates bearing a feast fit for a king. The succulent aroma took no time to spread its seduction through the room and Solstafir drank from it deep and loud. All that was left was a grumbling of his stomach, but alas it was in no mood to oblige.

Pulling back one of the ornate chairs he took a seat, starting his plate with a rack of lamb ribs dripping juices while his minion was already on the move to seize a trencher filled to the brink of overflowing with a mountain of butter-fried mushrooms, onions and potatoes in a crisp batter. His searching eyes went along the length of the table. "Is there pineapple?"
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2022-09-06 at 01:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

14. - Top - End - #164

AssassinGuy

Levi feigns an attack on a wall, breaking his invisibility. Turning off his dark shroud, he takes a seat at the table decorated with a fancy cloth with succulent savories and eye catching desserts. Cooked meats, dressed vegetables and fruits of the highest quality magically arranged in perfect lines and rows without an amateur overlapping plates and call it a day. He uses his utensils to slice a piece of roasted marinated pork with pineapple rings on top of the meat to put it on his place. Taking one ring to twirl around his fork, he uses his knife as a pointer to the glazed pork for Solstafir.

"There are pineapple rings on the pork shoulder if you want one."

As soon as the words are said, the halfling takes in the pineapple ring. He then cuts his share into pieces before stabbing a smaller slice and pops it into his mouth. He chews the slice as if savoring the food and swallows it after a short pause.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-09-07 at 07:16 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh? True. Didn't recognize it with the skin off." He spears half a ring of pineapple and gives it a probing taste, his jaws working far less strenuously than on his last encounter with the exotic fruit. "Bet you those slices of pineapple cost more than the pork beneath. But it sure goes well together."

Spoiler
    Show
    The pineapple thing is a callback to the last segment of this post for those unaware.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

As the others go about eating the many foods presented at the table Abigale makes herself a simple salad and grabs a bowl of grapes. Drinking water from the table. "I have a spell that can create food, however it has never once given any of these other effects before. Interesting, I always knew a good meal could heal the body and soul, but this seems different." she notes as she eats with the others, keeping to a vegetarian diet as in truth she didn't require food or water anymore, however she like at the party, didn't want to seem to avoid eating with the others.

When everyone was done eating Abigale began by blessing Solstafir, Orchid, and Liselle with the ability to never be held down by anything trying to hold onto them as she called forth her unicorn as well. Next she calls forth the gods themselves to each bless their choosen champion here, and to infuse them with some form of protection in the coming battle with the death door.

Show

Freedom of movement 80 mins on said party members, could do a total of 2 more, but thats 2 less healing spells later.
    Unicorn has a constant McaE as well as CLw 3/day and CMW 1/day to help with the healing as well, has a time limit of hours so its good for the whole battle
    Interfaith blessing gives Abigail a +2 to AC but for each person it is different
    She will cast delay death on herself before they enter the death door to give herself 8 rounds of not needing to worry about dying and she will explain that to them.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid on one end is ripping through a rack of ribs as she contemplates the plans for the disintegration wand the party had seen earlier and how the Succubus simply just teleported out of the dungeon. Once everyone was done eating, she burned away infusions to layer protections on the party.

Show

For pre-entry buffing, Orchid will burn 4 1st level infusions and 1 heightened infusion on Mass Conviction, Magic Circle against Evil(self), Battle Hymn, and Death Ward on herself and Abigail. In addition, cast shield on herself.

Spoiler: Orchid's status
    Show

Temp: 13

Sorcerer spell slots
    1st: 4/6(Color Spray, Grease, Shield, Magic Missile)

Infusions(Can use any infusion at any time; anything slower than a standard uses a standard action instead; standards are now swifts)
    1st: 0/4
    2nd: 2/4

SLAs
    Glitterdust(3/3)

Lesser Vigor (6)
    Power Word(Pain)(6)
    Bonefiddle(1)
    Resurgence(2)
    Saltray(2)
    Warning Shout(2)
    Shield(2)
    Fist of Stone(2)
    Cloud of Bewilderment(2)
    Color Spray(2)
    Glitterdust(1)
    Ray of Enfeeblement(2)
    Web(2)
    Grease(Arcane)(2)
    Haste(2)
    Resist Energy, Mass(2)
    Slow(2)
    Fireball(3)
    Lesser Restoration(3)
    Remove Disease(1)
    Neutralize Poison(1)
    Restoration(2)
    Delay Death(3)
    Shield Other(2)
    Water Breathing(3)
    Wall of Sand(2)
    Wall of Water(2)
    Heal(CL 7)(1)
    Dispel Magic(5)

Lesser Vigor(1)

Notable effects
    Spare Hand active(22h, used 3rd level infusion)
    Shudder Plate: If Orchid is in contact with the ground, she can sense the location of anything within 15 feet that is also in contact with the ground.
    Mass Conviction: +3 morale bonus to saving throws, 80 minutes
    Magic Circle Against Evil: As protection from Evil, 80 minutes, 10ft radius
    Death Ward: immune to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects. 8 minutes
    Battle Hymn: Reroll a will save once, 8 rounds.

18. - Top - End - #168

AssassinGuy

"I am aware of the outrageous price. That's why I prefer fruits that do not depend on specific factors to grow. They are reasonable in price. Still, since we have this horn, we don't need to worry about our pineapple problem since we can enjoy them daily. And I agree with your assessment of the art and combined flavor of the pork dish. The sweetness and saltiness are balanced."

After Levi finished the meal and wipes his mouth with a napkin, the halfling glows on and off.

"I like a freedom of movement tacked on me. I have a few tricks that require my movements not hindered."

When the spells, enhancements and infusions are laid on the party, the halfling shrouds himself in darkness, refract light to melt into the surroundings and renew his protections.

Show
    Shifts Dark One's Own Luck bonuses to Will Saves.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-09-09 at 02:25 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

When Levi asks for freedom of movement to be cast on him Sister Abigail nods and proceeds to cast the spell on him, though what he would be doing close enough where he might need it was curious to hear.

20. - Top - End - #170

AssassinGuy

Floating off the ground, Levi looks at the others.

"If we have any last minute enhancements for the group, now is the time to apply them."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The team, fully prepared, touches the Death Door. The darkness extends to completely surround you in the ways Death Doors often do, however the darkness doesn't recede at all. You can clearly see each other due to Abigail's daylight and various vision modes, though the ground and any other surfaces simply fail to reflect back any light.

Darkness seems to coalesce nearby retreating as quickly as it appeared leaving a tall grizzled human, heavily armored and holding some kind of weapon handle that appears to have no blade, yet sheds light. Even behind this person's helmet you can see foam frothing from his mouth and his extremely dilated pupils move in an unnatural way, as if his eyeballs were spinning wildly in their sockets, disconnected from anything inside of his head. His scraggly unkempt black and white hair and beard spill out from his helmet as if they hadn't been a concern in many years.

His armor has an emblem from Solum and was clearly crafted by the Foundry. Orchid and Solstafir can't help but notice a striking resemblance to Geraldo Halbinger, a Solumite orphan they once delved with at the very start of their career. Geraldo's purpose for going into the dungeon was to search for his brother who was assumed dead - could this be him? He even has a Solumite's haversack on his back.

What you recall from Geraldo was that he believed his brother to be invincible, thus was entering the Dungeon with faith his brother would be found alive, despite having already been missing 10 years at the start of your career.

The infernal voice speaks into your heads:
    Spoiler: In Infernal
    Show
    "How will you fare against your own?"

Your foe stands 30ft away from the group, and assumes a strange fighting stance. It is apparent that this individual is skilled in the sublime way.

Initiative:
    Foe (1d20+14)[18]

Abigale (1d20+2)[3]
    Alistair (1d20+10)[17]
    Levi (1d20+7)[8]
    Liselle (1d20+16)[25]
    Orhid (1d20+2)[21]
    Solstafir (1d20+9)[12]

Spoiler: Kn: Arcana - any ranks
    Show
    Kn: Arcana - you recognize the light shedding weapon handle as a Brilliant Energy weapon, it will pass through armor and damage organic material. Armor and Shield bonuses are meaningless against this weapon.

Spoiler: Martial Lore: any ranks
    Show
    The target has assumed a combined stance which grants the benefits of the Stance of Alacrity from the Diamond Mind School and another which seems... almost unnatural, likely originating in the Dungeon.
    He also seems to be employing Robilar's Gambit.
    Spoiler: Martial Lore DC 25
    Show
    The unnatural stance gives him speed-related effects, similar to Haste
    Spoiler: Martial Lore DC 30
    Show
    It also gives him additional actions

Liselle and Orchid have initiative.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-09-14 at 10:08 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

As the group enters the Death Door Sister Abigail notices that the familiar darkness that consumes them upon entry doesn't retreat like it normally does. She is happy for her own magical glow as well as her tiny spirits, however she can't help but be curious what form of magic could block out all other light or absorb it in such a complete way that they could not see an enemy. And thats when another light began to shine in the distance, slowly revealing something that looked undead to her almost as its eyes seemed to move without being attached to anything on the inside as if the muscles themselves had snapped free or degraded over time. She also noted a symbol of Sol upon the figure though she didn't recognize the person. "So this time the Dungeon has sent us to a place where we must face others who have either fallen from Sol or see others that have perished from Sol here, no doubt if we hadn't gotten here when we did my friend would not have been alive still, or at least able to retreat as well." she notes to the others, paying close attention to the blade the dangerous stranger was holding as unlike a normal blade she didn't know if her own protections would keep her safe against such a weapon.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

As the party emerges from the darkness, Orchid looks at her enemy. "That guy kind of looks familiar, doesn't he Solstafir? Kind of like... Geraldo I think his name was, from I think our first run together? Anyway, watch for his weapon. Normal armor and shields are almost entirely useless. Makes me wish I had some bracers instead right now. I think I can try to bypass that, but I'll need some time bought."

Noticing that Liselle is ready to act, the former maid weaves an enchantment onto her claws and discharges it onto Liselle, apparently shifting her place by a few feet. "Go for it!"

Show
    Full-Round: Heightened Spell Storing item to cast Displacement on Liselle.
    UMD: (1d20+26)[35] vs DC 29

Spoiler: Orchid's Status
    Show

Temp: 13

Sorcerer spell slots

2nd: 1/4

SLAs
    Glitterdust(3/3)

Lesser Vigor (6)
    Power Word(Pain)(6)
    Bonefiddle(1)
    Resurgence(2)
    Saltray(2)
    Warning Shout(2)
    Shield(2)
    Fist of Stone(2)
    Cloud of Bewilderment(2)
    Color Spray(2)
    Glitterdust(1)
    Ray of Enfeeblement(2)
    Web(2)
    Grease(Arcane)(2)
    Haste(2)
    Resist Energy, Mass(2)
    Slow(2)
    Fireball(3)
    Lesser Restoration(3)
    Remove Disease(1)
    Neutralize Poison(1)
    Restoration(2)
    Delay Death(3)
    Shield Other(2)
    Water Breathing(3)
    Wall of Sand(2)
    Wall of Water(2)
    Heal(CL 7)(1)
    Dispel Magic(5)

Lesser Vigor(1)

Notable effects
    Death Ward: immune to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects. 8 minutes

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Show
    Martial Lore - (1d20+13)[23]
    "Is that..." Liselle can vaguely recognise Robilar's Gambit - recognise it, but not use it. Still, it should have the same weakness her own Karmic Strike does - range.

Expanded, and armed with her spiked chain, Liselle ought to be able to land her first round of attacks from outside the range of the sword. It won't deal as much damage as her sword would, but she doesn't want to get into a like-for-like sword fight with a more experienced fighter. Fair fights were only a thing back in the arena, after all. "Keep out of range of that sword if you can!"

Spoiler
    Show

Charging forwards just 10' (so she's still 20' away, at the end of her expanded chain range, but hopefully beyond the length of his sword), by means of a standing leap. Same combo as last time - 8 points of Power Attack via Heedless Charge, combined with Leap Attack and Psionic Lion's Charge - but applied to her chain rather than her sword, to keep her out of Robilar's Gambit range.

So +2 to attack, -10 AC, +39 damage, 3PP spent.

Edit: Forgot to include the +4 to attack and +4 to damage from Robilar's Gambit when writing these out :(

Attack 1 - (1d20+21)[38] - Critical threats on a 39+
    Lightning Recovery, if needed - (1d20+22)[25]
    Damage 1 - (4d8+50)[64]
    Sneak Attack 1 - (1d6)[2]

Crit Conf 1 - (1d20+28)[31]
    Crit Damage 1 - (8d8+100)[143]

Attack 2 - (1d20+16)[21] - Critical threats on a 34+
    Lightning Recovery, if needed and not used on the first attack - (1d20+17)[29]
    Damage 2 - (4d8+50)[72]
    Sneak Attack 2 - (1d6)[1]

Crit Conf 2 - (1d20+23)[40]
    Crit Damage 2 - (8d8+100)[140]

Spoiler: AOOs
    Show

If she gets a chance on his turn, and he's still not in sword range of her yet, Liselle will attempt any AOOs she can. If he's moving, she'll use Stand Still, otherwise she'll just try to deal damage.

AOO 1 - (1d20+21)[26] - Critical threats on a 39+
    AOO Damage 1 - (4d8+50)[69] - this would also be the Ref DC for Stand Still
    Crit Conf AOO 1 - (1d20+28)[31]
    [roll=Crit Damage AOO 1]8d8+100)[/roll]

AOO 2 - (1d20+21)[38] - Critical threats on a 39+
    AOO Damage 2 - (4d8+50)[69] - this would also be the Ref DC for Stand Still
    Crit Conf AOO 2 - (1d20+28)[30]
    [roll=Crit Damage AOO 2]8d8+100)[/roll]

AOO 3 - (1d20+21)[29] - Critical threats on a 39+
    Damage 3 - (4d8+50)[64] - this would also be the Ref DC for Stand Still
    Crit Conf AOO 3 - (1d20+28)[41]
    [roll=Crit Damage AOO 3]8d8+100)[/roll]

AOO 4 - (1d20+21)[31] - Critical threats on a 39+
    Damage 4 - (4d8+50)[68] - this would also be the Ref DC for Stand Still
    Crit Conf AOO 4 - (1d20+28)[32]
    [roll=Crit Damage AOO 4]8d8+100)[/roll]

AOO 5 - (1d20+21)[26] - Critical threats on a 39+
    Damage 5 - (4d8+50)[74] - this would also be the Ref DC for Stand Still
    Crit Conf AOO 5 - (1d20+28)[47]
    [roll=Crit Damage AOO 5]8d8+100)[/roll]

Spoiler: Liselle's Stats for the new turn
    Show

Liselle's AC penalty is already on her sheet.

Liselle gets the Total Concealment from Displacement, and regular concealment from Child of Shadow stance.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2022-09-15 at 09:02 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Liselle strikes first, leaping forward and striking into the foe with her first attack. The foe side-steps the second only to face Liselle's Lightning Recovery allowing her to hit again. Halbinger, not yet having been able to act, is unable to take advantage of Robilar's Gambit, even his weapon did provide sufficient reach.

Arterial viscera and foam spews from the enemy's mouth as his muscles visibly grow with each hit he receives, straining against the metal armor encasing it and bulging the armor outwards. Halbinger's insane eyes cease their wild rotation as the pupils dilate such that his eyes are voids as black as the abyss which serves as your arena and at that moment, the target is no longer where he was.

Halbinger instantly moves (teleports) into the center of party, and gripping his sword hilt with both hands, leaps off whatever serves as a ground in this place and performs an incredible spinning attack against all of the party members still on the ground, slashing an enormous ring and simultaneously kicking anyone close enough. (Sword passes through: Abigail, Alistair, Liselle, Orchid, Solstafir, and Summons [Levi is above the slash and Brilliant Energy weapons don't damage zombies] / Kicks: Abigail, Alistair, Orchid, Solstafir, Zombie, and any Summons)

Spoiler: Martial Lore - any ranks
    Show
    One of the Shadow Jaunt/Stride/Blink maneuvers followed by Mithral Tornado with Snap Kicks.

Vs. Abigail
    Brilliant Sword:
    (1d20+14)[22] to hit
    On a 30+ (1d20+14)[32] to crit
    Deals (1d8+14)[21] on a hit
    On a crit it deals (2d8+28)[42] more

Kick:
    (1d20+12)[16] to hit
    On a 32 (1d20+12)[17] to crit
    Deals (1d3+7)[8] on a hit
    On a crit, it deals (1d3+7)[8] more

Vs. Alistair
    Brilliant Sword:
    (1d20+14)[21] to hit
    On a 30+ (1d20+14)[22] to crit
    On a crit it deals (2d8+28)[38] more

Kick:
    (1d20+12)[26] to hit
    On a 32 (1d20+12)[13] to crit
    On a crit, it deals (1d3+7)[9] more

Vs. Liselle
    Brilliant Sword:
    (1d20+14)[31] to hit
    On a 30+ (1d20+14)[27] to crit
    Deals (1d8+14)[22] on a hit
    On a crit it deals (2d8+28)[37] more
    (Sorry I forgot to roll the 50% displacement - unfortunate result here)

Vs. Orchid
    Brilliant Sword:
    (1d20+14)[34] to hit
    On a 30+ (1d20+14)[17] to crit
    Deals (1d8+14)[18] on a hit
    On a crit it deals (2d8+28)[31] more

Kick:
    (1d20+12)[23] to hit
    On a 32 (1d20+12)[15] to crit
    On a crit, it deals (1d3+7)[10] more
    The kick misses due to displacement.

Vs. Solstafir
    Brilliant Sword:
    (1d20+14)[15] to hit
    On a 30+ (1d20+14)[34] to crit
    Deals (1d8+14)[20] on a hit
    On a crit it deals (2d8+28)[38] more

Kick:
    (1d20+12)[29] to hit
    On a 32 (1d20+12)[15] to crit

Vs. Zombie
    Kick:
    (1d20+12)[23] to hit
    On a 32 (1d20+12)[13] to crit

Vs. Summons (if needed)
    Spoiler: Against Summons
    Show
    Against Summon 1
    Brilliant Sword:
    (1d20+14)[29] to hit
    On a 30+ (1d20+14)[21] to crit
    On a crit it deals (2d8+28)[33] more

Kick:
    (1d20+12)[20] to hit
    On a 32 (1d20+12)[18] to crit

Against Summon 2
    Brilliant Sword:
    (1d20+14)[20] to hit
    On a 30+ (1d20+14)[18] to crit
    On a crit it deals (2d8+28)[35] more

Kick:
    (1d20+12)[19] to hit
    On a 32 (1d20+12)[23] to crit
    Deals (1d3+7)[9] on a hit

Against Summon 3
    Brilliant Sword:
    (1d20+14)[25] to hit
    On a 30+ (1d20+14)[27] to crit
    On a crit it deals (2d8+28)[40] more

Kick:
    (1d20+12)[26] to hit
    On a 32 (1d20+12)[25] to crit
    Deals (1d3+7)[10] on a hit
    On a crit, it deals (1d3+7)[10] more

Against Summon 4
    Brilliant Sword:
    (1d20+14)[18] to hit
    On a 30+ (1d20+14)[34] to crit
    Deals (1d8+14)[15] on a hit
    On a crit it deals (2d8+28)[39] more

Kick:
    (1d20+12)[22] to hit
    On a 32 (1d20+12)[20] to crit

Against Summon 5
    Brilliant Sword:
    (1d20+14)[29] to hit
    On a 30+ (1d20+14)[20] to crit
    Deals (1d8+14)[20] on a hit
    On a crit it deals (2d8+28)[34] more

Kick:
    (1d20+12)[30] to hit
    On a 32 (1d20+12)[30] to crit

Additionally, Abigail feels malevolence from the depths of the darkness.
    (1d20+12)[16] Touch attack
    If hit, it deals (8d6)[30] damage
    And requires a Fort DC 20 vs Stun 1 round (Abigail's Fort save (1d20+11)[30])

Spoiler: Martial Lore - any ranks
    Show
    Shadow Noose - he won't be able to use this again unless somehow someone becomes flat-footed

After the wild attack, Halbinger's pupils return to their "normal" dilation and continue spinning in their sockets. Viewing his fighting stance while utterly surrounded, it's clear that's not possible to flank this individual (Uncanny Dodge).

It also seems there's not enough of his mind left to Calm, as he is utterly unaffected by Abigale's Aura of Peace.

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Halbinger has taken 147 damage.

The party may act.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-09-16 at 01:25 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

The implicit challenge in the man's aggressive stance provoked the most genuine smile from Solstafir. Trading blow for blow with a worthy foe. He would gladly take that deal. "Alright, you wanna go then? Let's go!" His undead minion opened the attack, trying to bowl the cursed Solumite over with a shoulder tackle, while Solstafir readied himself for the dual task of delivering and absorbing punishment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift to shuffle Essentia

Zombie Comet Throw Touch - (1d20+15)[26] Trip check - (1d20+21)[37]
    Throw it up to 10 feet, +5 for every 5 points the trip check is won. Target lands prone and takes damage - (4d6)[21]. If second drowner is in range to be hit by the throw it takes damage - (4d6)[16] and falls prone too. Relex DC 27 halves damage and avoids falling prone.
    If success place him prone next to Solstafir and as far from our non-melee as possible.

Move action to Demoralize(Fearsome armor enchantment) to check for susceptability to fear or mind-affecting in general
    Intimidate - (1d20+20)[21] against modified level check, if I win he is shaken for 1 round

Foe Hammer
    attack - (1d20+22)[31] slashing damage - (3d8+10)[30] + Maneuver - (2d6)[5] +1 Fire +(1d6+1)[4] Electricity
    Ignores DR

Weapon currently is +4 with Essentia in Soulbound

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid springs back and begins chanting, and throws a spell at the foe trying to halt their unnatural movement only to have it fizzle out.

Show
    5-foot step back.
    Full-round action: Spell-Storing item to Dimension Anchor: UMD: (1d20+26)[30] vs DC 32
    Touch Attack against the enemy: (1d20+8)[22]

Spoiler: Orchid's Status
    Show
    Temp: 0
    HP: 131/136

Sorcerer spell slots

2nd: 0/4

SLAs
    Glitterdust(3/3)

Lesser Vigor (6)
    Power Word(Pain)(6)
    Bonefiddle(1)
    Resurgence(2)
    Saltray(2)
    Warning Shout(2)
    Shield(2)
    Fist of Stone(2)
    Cloud of Bewilderment(2)
    Color Spray(2)
    Glitterdust(1)
    Ray of Enfeeblement(2)
    Web(2)
    Grease(Arcane)(2)
    Haste(2)
    Resist Energy, Mass(2)
    Slow(2)
    Fireball(3)
    Lesser Restoration(3)
    Remove Disease(1)
    Neutralize Poison(1)
    Restoration(2)
    Delay Death(3)
    Shield Other(2)
    Water Breathing(3)
    Wall of Sand(2)
    Wall of Water(2)
    Heal(CL 7)(1)
    Dispel Magic(5)

Lesser Vigor(1)

Notable effects
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-09-16 at 06:28 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Halbinger attempts to Wall of Blades against the Zombie's touch attack (1d20+14)[33]

If it fails, the zombie grabs him. Opposed trip: (1d20+14)[28] (no second target to throw him into).
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-09-16 at 07:32 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Halbinger parries the zombie's grab with an expert palm strike and follows up with an attack of opportunity against the zombie:

Kick vs. Zombie
    (1d20+14)[26] to hit
    On hit it deals (1d3+14)[17] damage

Solstafir slashes into Halbinger, causing his muscles to once again expand. The metal of his armor creaks and strains against the hulking behemoth trapped inside, it seems the armor joints and straps won't hold much longer.

Halbinger responds with an attack of opportunity against Solstafir:

Brilliant Sword vs. Solstafir
    (1d20+18)[22]
    On a 34+ (1d20+18)[29] to confirm
    On hit it deals (1d8+18)[20] damage
    On a crit, it deals (2d8+36)[44] more

Halbinger doesn't seem to notice the intimidate, you suspect his mind is too far gone to be affected.

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Halbinger has taken 187 damage.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-09-16 at 08:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair takes a step back and casts a spell to make himself invisible.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig