New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character II

Levi extends his shield hand and Liselle glows the same time he is careful in his movements.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Use Snake Swiftness from wand on Liselle, giving her an extra attack.

Hide: (1d20+49)[59]

Move Silently: (1d20+15)[26]

Take 10 on UMD for a result of 30 to UMD wand which he succeed.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-09-16 at 09:07 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't like this very much." Abigail says as she watches their enemy vanish from sight. Looking around she is caught unaware as the figure appears in the center of the group. Watching that blade of light come at her the priestess seems to shrink back unsure if her protections will hold. However as it seems to collide with the invisible barrier that protects her she lets out a small sigh of relief. "That could have gone worse." she notes as she looks around at everyone. Her unicorn companion was hurt however still willing to help as it tapped its horn upon Alistar, closing some of his wounds. Meanwhile the little spirit of light that she had instructed to stay near Sol, Orchid, and Liselle let out a warm glow of light towards Sol.

"I will try to restrain him, but if it works it will only last so until all of you act. Not a second longer." she warns the others before casting her spell. Asking for help from the power she served to chain him and blind him, if only for a brief moment.

Show
    Alistar heals 14
    Sol heals 23+8temp +2 Sacred bonus to Fort saves and vs bull rush so long as he has said temp hp, and all hp that places him above full becomes temp hp from said healing.

Then she is casting Inhibit upon their enemy, Will DC 22 or he is forced to delay his action until just before Abigail acts (which will be after everyone else gets to hit him again)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler: Liselle's Snakes Swiftness Attack
    Show

This is before Liselle's turn starts, so using the stats from the previous round. Her non-armor AC is still just 11 if there's an AOO as a result of it.

SSA - (1d20+25)[44] - Included the Robilar's Gambit bonus this time! Critical Threats on a 43+.
    SSA Damage - (4d8+50)[69]
    SSA Sneak Attack - (1d6)[1]
    SSA Crit Conf - (1d20+32)[43]
    SSA Crit Damage - (8d8+100)[124]

Levi's casting of Snake's Swiftness... actually took Liselle (considering how to reposition herself out of retaliation range) by surprise, and she can do little but hope the return blow is inaccurate as her chain flicks out once again.

But after *that*, its time for her to put a bit more space between them. Step one: Pick him as the dodge target. Step two: Tumble back to put her 20' away from him. Step three: The chain swings forth again, and as the strike winds up, she sends a large glob of ectoplasm down its length...

Spoiler
    Show

No Power Attack in this round. Liselle is using up her Emerald Razor, and manifesting Entangling Ectoplasm if the hit lands.

Melee Touch Attack - (1d20+23)[41] (crit on a 41+)
    Crit Conf - (1d20+30)[44]
    Damage - (4d8+15)[36]
    Crit Damage - (8d8+30)[63]
    SA - (1d6)[6]

If that's a hit, berserker-boy is entangled for 5 rounds.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2022-09-16 at 11:14 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

AoO against Alistair's spell:
    Brilliant Sword vs. Alistair's casting
    (1d20+18)[25]
    On a 36+ (1d20+18)[34] to confirm crit
    Deals (1d8+18)[21]
    On a crit, deals (2d8+36)[49] more damage
    If hit, Concentration DC damage is required to complete the spell

Liselle wraps her chain around Halbinger's legs, shredding and entangling them.

Halbinger's muscles rapidly grow from the damage causing his armor to explode off of his body with an area blast of concussive force and armor shrapnel that deals (8d8)[37] damage.
    Reflex DC 20 for half:
    Abigail (1d20+7)[9]
    Alistair (1d20+14)[31]
    Levi (1d20+13)[32]
    Liselle (1d20+22)[28]
    Orchid (1d20+6)[10]
    Solstafir (1d20+11)[27]
    Zombie (1d20+11)[13]
    Unicorn (1d20+7)[9]

He also turns and performs an AoO against Liselle, no longer encumbered by his armor, and dramatically stronger from all the damage he's taken. His muscles bulging in an unnatural manner that makes him no longer appear entirely human.

AoO vs. Liselle:
    Brilliant sword vs. Liselle:
    (1d20+26)[35]
    On a 42+ (1d20+28)[38] to confirm
    On hit it deals (1d8+26)[33] damage
    On a critical hit it deals (1d8+56)[58] additional damage.

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Halbinger has taken 483 damage and is entangled for 5 rounds

If Halbinger fails the Inhibit save, the team will be able to act again before he can.
    Vs. Inhibit - Moment of Perfect Mind (1d20+20)[27] - second counter from Stance of Alacrity
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-09-17 at 12:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Halbinger's pupils once more expand into dark voids as he instantaneously moves (Shadow Hand Teleport) a short distance from the group and summons a surge of vitality, repairing the entangling damage to his legs (Iron Heart Surge).
    He then spits foam and blood from his mouth as he screams unintelligibly at you:

"MOLUS ROF! Elbicnivni m'i! Dleiy Reven ll'i! Sretsnom pu evig! Regnorts em sekam ylno egamad!"
    Will Save DC 20 vs. 1 round of Daze [Mind-affecting] (if you're immune and I didn't remember, ignore the roll):
    Abigail (1d20+14)[32]
    Alistair (1d20+13)[25]
    Levi (1d20+23)[27]
    Liselle (1d20+16)[29]
    Orchid (1d20+9)[18]
    Solstafir & zombie - immune

Halbinger shifts into a new fighting stance as the darkness coalesces around him and six glowing purple eyes appear in a ring just behind the overly-muscled human, his skin stretched and torn from the expansion of the muscles underneath. Equally spaced between the glowing eyes are long shadowy limbs tipped with claws made of darkness so dark they're visible in the blackness of the arena. It seems to be a symbiotic creature. Its shadowy form partially inside of Halbinger's overly-muscled and damaged form.

Halbinger is no longer in Stance of Alacrity.

Spoiler: Kn Planes
    Show
    This is an Outsider from the Plane of Shadow. A very powerful one. Its shadowy form provides it 50% concealment and makes it nearly impervious to physical damage. Energy damage should be effective, though this thing is elusive with high touch AC and saves and possibly other defenses.
    Spoiler: DC 20 or Spot 20
    Show
    This thing appears to be manipulating Halbinger's body almost like a puppet. Halbinger is likely immortal as long as thing is attached.

Spoiler: DC 25
    Show
    If it ever manages to scratch you with a claw, it can continuously attempt to drive you insane. Its influence becomes harder and harder to resist though the effect has some limits on range and duration.

Spoiler: DC 30
    Show
    It is extremely weak to any spell or ability with the [light] descriptor that deals damage, taking 10x normal damage.

Spoiler: Spot DC 20
    Show
    This shadow thing appears to be manipulating Halbinger's body almost like a puppet. Halbinger is likely immortal as long as thing is attached.

Spoiler: Levi only
    Show
    You hear the shadowy thing whisper unintelligible gibberish into your mind as recognition dawns on you. This is thing that killed your first party.
    Will Save DC 30 or Levi becomes confused for (1d4)[1] rounds - the save is increased because of Levi's previous exposure.
    (1d20+23)[25]

Show
    Halbinger has taken 483 damage

The party may act.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-09-17 at 12:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186

AssassinGuy

Levi chest shakes.

Ha. Hahahahahaha. It's you. Of course, it is you. How could I forget the presence of the one I want to embrace the most!!! Well then, come at me if you can!!!"

The halfling warlock informs the party of this creature in blunt and simple words as far as his knowledge goes then sends a large magic bolt at the shadow parasite while laughing.

Show
    5 ft step if needed to step out of area enemy threaten.

Ranged Touch Attack: (1d20+12)[32]

Expend Psionic Focus.

Eldritch Blast Damage: (9d6+1)[34]

Concealment Miss chance: (1d2)[2] (1 miss, 2 hit)

Cast Defensively if needed vs DC 16: (1d20+10)[29]

Caster Level vs Spell Resistance if applicable: (1d20+8)[9]

Move action to regain psionic focus.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-09-18 at 07:17 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair

"The shadow is a powerful outsider controlling him, we have to destroy it first. It's going to be tough to hit but energy attacks should damage it," Alistair said, "be careful, a single scratch from its claws can drive you insane."

If he is not threatened, Alistair casts invisibility on himself, otherwise he backs up 5' step if that will get him out of range first.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not a fan of light? How about this!"

Show
    Fullround: Spellstoring item to bring out celestial brilliance onto her armor. UMD: (1d20+26)[46] vs DC 32.

Spoiler: If UMD is successful
    Show
    "Behold my brilliance!" she shouts, striking a pose as her armor glows with a heavenly light. Celestial Brilliance deals (2d6)[5] damage, x10 vs the symbiotic creature if they're within 60ft of Orchid.

Spoiler: Orchid's Status
    Show
    Temp: 0
    HP: 97/136

Sorcerer spell slots
    Cantrips: 5/6(Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Light, Read Magic)
    1st: 4/6(Color Spray, Grease, Shield, Magic Missile)
    2nd: 4/5(Glitterdust, Wraithstrike)
    3rd: 3/4(Dispel Magic, Haste)

Infusions(Can use any infusion at any time; anything slower than a standard uses a standard action instead; standards are now swifts)
    1st: 0/4
    2nd: 0/4
    3rd: 1/4
    4th: 1/1

SLAs
    Glitterdust(3/3)

Scrolls(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Lesser Vigor (6)
    Power Word(Pain)(6)
    Bonefiddle(1)
    Resurgence(2)
    Saltray(2)
    Warning Shout(2)
    Shield(2)
    Fist of Stone(2)
    Cloud of Bewilderment(2)
    Color Spray(2)
    Glitterdust(1)
    Ray of Enfeeblement(2)
    Web(2)
    Grease(Arcane)(2)
    Haste(2)
    Resist Energy, Mass(2)
    Slow(2)
    Fireball(3)
    Lesser Restoration(3)
    Remove Disease(1)
    Neutralize Poison(1)
    Restoration(2)
    Delay Death(3)
    Shield Other(2)
    Water Breathing(3)
    Wall of Sand(2)
    Wall of Water(2)
    Heal(CL 7)(1)
    Dispel Magic(5)

Potions(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Lesser Vigor(1)

Other(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Memento Magica(1st)(2, 2 used)
    Memento Magica, Xansia(1st)(1)

Notable effects
    Spare Hand active(22h, used 3rd level infusion)
    Cloak of minor concealment: 20% miss chance
    Shudder Plate: If Orchid is in contact with the ground, she can sense the location of anything within 15 feet that is also in contact with the ground.
    Glaring Eye: Orchid has blindsense out to a distance of 30 feet.
    Shield: +4 Shield bonus to AC for 8 minutes.
    Mass Conviction: +3 morale bonus to saving throws, 80 minutes
    Magic Circle Against Evil: As protection from Evil, 80 minutes, 10ft radius
    Death Ward: immune to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects. 8 minutes
    Battle Hymn: Reroll a will save once, 5 rounds.
    Celestial brilliance: 8 days.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-09-18 at 09:08 PM.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Abigail watches as her allies wail away at their enemy who used to be a citizen of Sol and watches as he slowly gets bigger and bigger with each strike. Making his armor begin to buckle under the pressure. Seeing it about to explode off of the seemingly immortal human the priestess quickly cast a healing spell upon herself to heal both her and her unicorn before the incoming attack, stealing time it seems as she does so.

Spoiler: Close Wounds share spell
    Show
    9+5 (healing hands) +6 Magic of the Land +6 Augment healing + 2 ritual blessing+8temphp

28 +8 temp to the two of them

Unicorn hp 42/42 +15 temp total (due to Initiate of ilmater making all hp healed above max turn into temp) with a +2 to fort saves and +2 vs bull rush and trip so long as it has said temp hp

Abigail has 58/58 + 19 temp with a +2 to fort saves and +2 vs bull rush

After the their wounds heal the armor explodes taking away much of the health the two of them just gained.

Spoiler: HP totals after armor explodes
    Show

Unicorn 20/42 hp

Abigail 40/58hp

After hearing both Levi and Alistar inform her of stuff she didn't know the priestess was sure that the monster was in some form alive and thus she could not harm it in the traditional sense. Thinking up a plan she once more heals the party as she thinks of how best to help.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Healing spirit will heal Liselle for 23+8temp +2 Sacred bonus to Fort saves and vs bull rush so long as she has said temp hp, and all hp that places her above full becomes temp hp from said healing.

Unicorn heals CLW on Alistair (1d8+5)[9]

Abigail casts Mass Cure Light wounds to top everyone off as I believe everyone has taken some damage by this point (though I am not sure ) 8+11+8 (Augment Healing) + 2 (Ritual Blessing) + 5 (Healing Hands) + +8 Temp hp (34 +8 temp)
    Magic of the land for a potential +8 more (1d20+13)[14] need a 15 or higher to pass so should be easy

And I will use a Healing Kicker to give everyone until the next round a +3 competence bonus on their reflex saves until her next turn.
    All hp healed above max gets turned into temp hp, and so long as we have temp hp we gain a +2 bonus to fort and saves vs bull rush and trip

Spoiler: End Hp totals
    Show

Unicorn 42/42 +20 temp hp
    Abigail 58/58 + 32 temp hp
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2022-09-18 at 08:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

"There you are," Solstafir said as the shadow-wrought creature possessing Geraldo's brother revealed itself. He met the purple gaze of its six eyes without trepidation, though his usual eagerness gave way to a burning anger at seeing his quarry cowering behind a man who was brave enough to risk his own life and limb time and again. "Come out and face us, before I climb into your little hidey hole and drag you out!" It may not be natural light, but the flame he spat at the monster was bright and hot nonetheless as he closed the distance to make true on his threat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fire damage - (7d8)[35] Reflex 20 halves
    Cooldown - (1d4)[4]

If I receive an AoO I use a Swift for Fire Riposte
    Touch - (1d20+15)[18]
    Fire damage - (4d6+2)[17]
    Hitting would heal me 11 HP

Solstafir is at 77/89 before Abigail's spell. Will likely provoke from movement but then receive 34+8 temp +8 from Therapeutic Mantle

Zombie is at 33/80, though in retrospect I wonder why he got that AoO in #179 since Setting Sun throws don't provoke.

Anyway, the zombie will move in for a bite, hoping for a bad save roll against its effects
    (1d20+15)[23]
    damage - (2d6+13)[23]
    Strength poison - (1d4)[1] Fort DC 12, and Fort DC 15 or 1 turn paralized
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Why is he..." Liselle was poorly educated, not terribly curious, and apathetic to most things and people around her. She was, however, technically a genius. Working out backwards speech... well, her pronunciation would probably be a little off, but as an intellectual exercise... child's play.

"yhw od uoy... No, that's not right. ?sretsnom su kniht uoy od yhw, rehtorb s'odlareG"

Following the lead of the others, Liselle takes up position to flick her chain at the shadow monster. It probably won't do anything... but she isn't terribly well equipped to fight the shadow beast, and doesn't think hitting its meat puppet will help the situation much.

Spoiler
    Show

Liselle's using a standard attack to recover her maneuvers and psionic focus.

Nothing special going on this round, she's just seeing if her weapon has any effect at all.

Attack - (1d20+18)[34] Crit Threat on a36+
    Crit - (1d20+25)[39]
    Damage - (4d8+11)[34]
    Crit Damage - (8d8+22)[49]

Concealment, hits on a 2 - (1d2)[2]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Alistair gets off his spell, vanishing from sight.

Levi's blast directly hits the purple-eyed Shadow Entity, though the creature shifts to avoid being hit directly in one of its eyes.

Solstafir's fire breath flows over both of the enemies, Halbinger electing not to try to avoid whatsoever.
    The Shadow Entity shifts back and forth as if it's breaking its own body up to try to slip through the flames: Reflex (1d20+12)[31]

The zombie attempts to poison the Shadow Entity, who doesn't even seem to notice.

Orchid's brilliance causes the Shadow Entity to squint and retreat to take better cover behind Halbinger, some kind of shadow smoke lifts from the Entity as it burns from the light.

Liselle flicks her spiked chain at the Shadow Entity, who doesn't even seem to notice, though Halbinger's face gives a surprised and pained expression and he releases his grip on his brilliant sword, the weapon falling onto the ground, as if he's had a flash of clarity. It's gone as quickly as it came, what's left of his mind again under the control of the Shadow Entity.

The pair teleport back into the middle of the group. Halbinger no longer armed, but still wildly dangerous; his hulking muscles so large they've shredded his skin around them as his black, tainted blood leaks down all over his body.

Halbinger, now unarmed, uses Rabid Bear Strike against Orchid followed by a quick kick. The Shadow Entity likely aiming to remove the source of damaging light as quickly as possible.
    Rabid Bear Strike vs. Orchid
    (1d20+46)[47] (Critical miss)
    On a 66 (1d20+46)[61] to confirm
    On hit it deals (1d3+48)[51] plus (10d6)[34] damage
    On a crit it deals an extra (1d3+48)[49] damage
    (1d5)[3] - misses on a 1

Snap Kick vs. Orchid
    (1d20+46)[64] (miss due to miss chance)
    On a 66 (1d20+46)[52]
    On a hit it deals (1d3+48)[49] damage
    On a crit it deals an extra (1d3+48)[49] damage
    (1d5)[1] - misses on a 1

The Shadow Entity's claws stretch outward to find targets, each claw going for a different foe.
    The insanity inflicted by the Shadow Entity's claw overcomes Immunity to Mind-Affecting, however, if you are Immune or are in the Unicorn's Magic Circle Against Evil Enemies, you may make a Will Save against the insanity every round you're afflicted.

Vs. Abigail
    (1d20+14)[22] vs. Touch AC
    On hit it deals (1d4)[2] damage and requires a Will Save DC 20 ((1d20+14)[23]) or become Confused for (1d4)[1] rounds
    Abigail feels the insanity like a scratch at her brain, though she wills it back for now.

Vs. Orchid
    (1d20+14)[26] vs. Touch AC
    (1d5)[5] - misses on a 1
    On hit it deals (1d4)[1] damage and requires a Will Save DC 20 ((1d20+9)[17]) or become Confused for (1d4)[1] rounds
    Empowered by Mass Conviction (+3) Orchid feels the insanity like a scratch at her brain, though she wills it back for now.

Vs. Alistair - the Shadow Entity can detect you, but doesn't seem to pinpoint you while invisible.
    (1d20+14)[27] vs. Touch AC
    (1d2)[1] - misses on a 1
    On hit it deals (1d4)[1] damage and requires a Will Save DC 20 ((1d20+13)[21]) or become Confused for (1d4)[1] rounds
    The Shadowy claw doesn't find you.

Vs. Liselle
    (1d20+14)[29] vs. Touch AC
    (1d2)[2] - misses on a 1
    On hit it deals (1d4)[1] damage and requires a Will Save DC 20 ((1d20+16)[29]) or become Confused for (1d4)[4] rounds
    Liselle feels the insanity like a scratch at her brain, though she wills it back for now.

Vs. Solstafir
    (1d20+14)[33] vs. Touch AC
    On hit it deals (1d4)[2] damage and requires a Will Save DC 20 ((1d20+10)[30]) or become Confused for (1d4)[1] rounds
    Solstafir feels an unfamiliar madness like a scratch at his brain, though he wills it back for now.

Vs. Unicorn
    (1d20+14)[26] vs. Touch AC
    On hit it deals (1d4)[1] damage and requires a Will Save DC 20 ((1d20+14)[26]) or become Confused for (1d4)[2] rounds
    The Unicorn feels the insanity scratch at its brain, though wills it back for now.

The Shadow Entity looks up longingly with its six purple eyes at Levi. Levi's previous exposure to this creature makes its influence greatly more difficult to resist, he must overcome a DC 31 Will Save ((1d20+23)[34]) or become Confused for (1d4)[4] rounds. The Entity's gaze also pierces the mind, dealing (1d4+1)[4] Wisdom damage.

Spoiler: Levi Only
    Show
    The unintelligible gibberish flooding into your mind carries a strong feeling of desire. The Shadow Entity wants to possess you, but that's all you can currently make out. The Entity also seems more clearly defined to you, as if you can see it more clearly due to the damage it is inflicting on your mind.

The Shadow Entity seems to be having some trouble maintaining its form due to all of the damage it has received.

Show
    Halbinger has taken 483 damage
    Shadow Entity has taken 101

The party may act.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-09-21 at 06:04 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Ooh... Lookit what he dropped...

Liselle has a truly massive grin on her face as she runs over to collect the dropped sword. Her chain might only be a distraction against the shadow monster, but there was a blade of light, just sitting around waiting to be shoved deep into... whatever passed for a shadow monster's guts.

Just a shame that she couldn't put the blade to use right away...

Spoiler
    Show

Free action: Stow chain. Switch to Punishing Stance.
    Move action: Move over and grab the sword.
    Standard action: Manifest Psionic Keen Edge on the sword.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2022-09-20 at 05:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194

AssassinGuy

Levi winces as the longing eyes of the amorphous being gazes at him. The darkness allure his body, his frame responding it as if by routine. What arrest its advancement is the same body that pulls back. The halfling warlock laughs as he launches another bolt at the shadow, prioritizing their eyes. He then shuts his eyes.

Show
    Ranged Touch Attack vs Shadow: (1d20+12)[20]

Expend Psionic Focus.

Damage: (9d6+1)[32]

Concealment check: (1d2)[2] (1 miss, 2 hit)

Recover Psionic Focus.

Cast Defensively: (1d20+10)[19]

Spell Resistance if applicable: (1d20+8)[22]

Immune to wisdom damage due to Sacred Vitality.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Ooh... Lookit what he dropped...

Liselle has a truly massive grin on her face as she runs over to collect the dropped sword. Her chain might only be a distraction against the shadow monster, but there was a blade of light, just sitting around waiting to be shoved deep into... whatever passed for a shadow monster's guts.

Just a shame that she couldn't put the blade to use right away...

Spoiler
    Show

Free action: Stow chain. Switch to Punishing Stance.
    Move action: Move over and grab the sword.
    Standard action: Manifest Psionic Keen Edge on the sword.
    Alistair casts haste on Liselle.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-09-22 at 12:26 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

With a flick of her tail, Orchid disappears and reappears away from the enemy. Take a hop back she prepares another Celestial Brilliance for an ally.

Show
    Celestial Brilliance Damage: (2d6)[4]
    Swift Action: Activate Anklet of Translocation to teleport towards the closer of Liselle or Solstafir.
    Orchid takes a five foot step away from the entity/towards one of the above two if needed.
    Full-Round action: Heightened Spell Storing Item to Celestial Brilliance on whoever she ends up near. UMD: (1d20+26)[32] vs DC 32

Spoiler: Orchid's Status
    Show

Temp: 8
    HP: 130/136

Sorcerer spell slots
    Cantrips: 5/6(Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Light, Read Magic)
    1st: 4/6(Color Spray, Grease, Shield, Magic Missile)
    2nd: 4/5(Glitterdust, Wraithstrike)
    3rd: 3/4(Dispel Magic, Haste)

Infusions(Can use any infusion at any time; anything slower than a standard uses a standard action instead; standards are now swifts)
    1st: 0/4
    2nd: 0/4
    3rd: 0/4
    4th: 1/1

SLAs
    Glitterdust(3/3)

Scrolls(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Lesser Vigor (6)
    Power Word(Pain)(6)
    Bonefiddle(1)
    Resurgence(2)
    Saltray(2)
    Warning Shout(2)
    Shield(2)
    Fist of Stone(2)
    Cloud of Bewilderment(2)
    Color Spray(2)
    Glitterdust(1)
    Ray of Enfeeblement(2)
    Web(2)
    Grease(Arcane)(2)
    Haste(2)
    Resist Energy, Mass(2)
    Slow(2)
    Fireball(3)
    Lesser Restoration(3)
    Remove Disease(1)
    Neutralize Poison(1)
    Restoration(2)
    Delay Death(3)
    Shield Other(2)
    Water Breathing(3)
    Wall of Sand(2)
    Wall of Water(2)
    Heal(CL 7)(1)
    Dispel Magic(5)

Potions(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Lesser Vigor(1)

Other(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Memento Magica(1st)(2, 2 used)
    Memento Magica, Xansia(1st)(1)

Notable effects
    Spare Hand active(22h, used 3rd level infusion)
    Cloak of minor concealment: 20% miss chance
    Shudder Plate: If Orchid is in contact with the ground, she can sense the location of anything within 15 feet that is also in contact with the ground.
    Glaring Eye: Orchid has blindsense out to a distance of 30 feet.
    Shield: +4 Shield bonus to AC for 8 minutes.
    Mass Conviction: +3 morale bonus to saving throws, 80 minutes
    Magic Circle Against Evil: As protection from Evil, 80 minutes, 10ft radius
    Death Ward: immune to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects. 8 minutes
    Battle Hymn: Reroll a will save once, 5 rounds.
    Celestial brilliance: 8 days.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

As the shadow entity attacks all of her friends and seems to puppet the man they were fighting Abigail calls forth a hammer of pure force energy and sends it hurling at the shadow entity, trying to drive it out of the mans body. "Let go of the child of Sol you perversion of natural life." she calls out as she lets the hammer fly.

Spoiler: Hammer of Righteousness
    Show
    (8d8)[30] Force damage (nonlethal thus doesn't break her vow) Fort DC 24 for half damage.

Abigail takes (1d3)[2] Str damage from casting the spell and she traded water breathing to cast it.

Both the unicorn and Healing spirit stand in wait, waiting for their powers to be needed.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Both are waiting for someone to be dealt damage, then they will heal said person Unicorn for (1d8+5)[6], spirit for 23+8temp +2 Sacred bonus to Fort saves and vs bull rush so long as she has said temp hp, and all hp that places her above full becomes temp hp from said healing.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Solstafir's will forced his axe to for but a moment abandon its cold metal to instead transform into a roaring inferno, all the burning rage flowing through his blood come manifest in a blade reaching far longer than even his oversized handiwork had any right to. He struck out multiple times in quick succession as he moved with the speed and precision of a dancer turning a simple ribbon into a blur of speed and color. This ribbon though was nothing but the pure essence of fire, leaving a trail bright and hot after its passing as it cleaved into the shadow entity to rip it away from its host.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 foot step plus Burning Brand gives me 15 feet to reach the shadow entity

Flashing Sun+Burning Brand for 3 attacks dealing all fire damage(though I assume Lightning Gauntlets is not converted)
    Modifiers: 17 base, 1 morale from Heroes' Feast, 1 Furious Counterstrike, 3 Essentia in Soulbound Weapon, -2 Flashing Sun

attack - (1d20+20)[31] slashing damage - (3d8+13)[28] +(d6)[4] Electricity
    attack - (1d20+20)[24] slashing damage - (3d8+13)[21]
    attack - (1d20+15)[22] slashing damage - (3d8+13)[30]

Zombie uses Aid Another to raise Orchid's AC by 2 against the next attack, fails on 1 (1d20)[9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The team bears down upon the Shadow Entity, the combined might of your attacks and the deadly illumination tearing the creature apart, causing it to disintegrate.

No longer reinforced by the Shadow Entity, Halbinger releases a blood curdling battle cry as blood erupts from his hulking form. He moves at instantaneous speeds making one final attack at each of his foes before his body finally gives out.

Vs. Abigail:

(1d20+48)[68] to hit
    On a 68 (1d20+48)[53] to confirm
    On hit it deals (1d3+48)[49]
    On a crit it deals an extra (1d3+48)[50]

Vs Alistair:
    (1d20+48)[58] to hit
    On a 68 (1d20+48)[54] to confirm
    On a crit it deals an extra (1d3+48)[50]
    (1d2)[2] misses on a 1

Vs. Levi:
    (1d20+48)[54] to hit
    On a 68 (1d20+48)[61] to confirm
    On hit it deals (1d3+48)[51]
    On a crit it deals an extra (1d3+48)[51]

Vs. Liselle:
    (1d20+48)[54] to hit
    On a 68 (1d20+48)[51] to confirm
    On hit it deals (1d3+48)[50]
    (1d2)[2] misses on a 1

Vs. Orchid:
    (1d20+48)[51] to hit
    On a 68 (1d20+48)[58] to confirm
    (1d5)[3] misses on a 1

Vs. Solstafir
    (1d20+48)[60] to hit
    On a 68 (1d20+48)[55] to confirm
    On a crit it deals an extra (1d3+48)[49]

Vs. Unicorn
    (1d20+48)[50] to hit
    On a 68 (1d20+48)[58] to confirm
    On a crit it deals an extra (1d3+48)[49]

Vs. Zombie
    (1d20+48)[57] to hit
    On a 68 (1d20+48)[54] to confirm

With his final attack completed, Halbinger's body breaks apart. His form splattering onto the darkness of the arena. From this spot the darkness of the arena retreats revealing treasures and a tree grows from deceased delver's corpse producing twelve Dungeon Fruit-shaped voids, accretion disks of light forming around them clearly marking them as what you would expect.

Halbinger had:
    +1 Brilliant Energy Great Scimitar of Enormous Reach (72,600gp) - as a +1 Brilliant Energy Great Scimitar except this weapon provides the wielder 15ft of reach. If the wielder has 15ft reach or greater, the weapon simply adds 5ft to the total reach. This weapon threatens all the squares it can reach and can be used as effectively against an adjacent enemy as against one at the edge of its threatened area.

50,000gp worth of coins and gems
    Bracers of Armor (+4) (16,000 gp)
    Brooch of Shielding (1500 gp)
    Goggles of Minute Seeing (1250 gp)
    Pearl of Power (1st level) (1000 gp)
    Ring of Protection (+2) (8000 gp)
    Rod of Empower Metamagic (lesser) (9000 gp)
    Unguent of Timelessness (150 gp)

Spoiler: Total Spoils from the Delve
    Show
    Blast of Flame Trap (15,000gp)
    Teleport Trap (16,000gp)
    Necklace of Fireballs VII (8,700gp)
    Boots of Elvenkind (5,000gp)
    +2 dagger (8,000gp)
    Ring of +5 competence to Sleight of Hand (2,500gp)
    Cloak of Elvenkind (2,500gp)
    Boots of Elvenkind (5,000gp)
    Black Lotus Extract 3 doses (4,500gp per dose)
    Periapt of Health (7,400gp)
    Horn of Plenty (12,000gp)
    +1 mace (2,000gp)
    Cloak of Resistance +1 (1,000gp)
    Wand of Aid - 19 charges (1,710gp)
    Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (2,000gp)
    Wand of Flame Strike - 25 charges (10,500gp)
    Bracers of Armor (+4) (16,000 gp)
    Brooch of Shielding (1500 gp)
    Goggles of Minute Seeing (1250 gp)
    Pearl of Power (1st level) (1000 gp)
    Ring of Protection (+2) (8000 gp)
    Rod of Empower Metamagic (lesser) (9000 gp)
    Unguent of Timelessness (150 gp)

Special treasures:
    Halbinger's Sword (72,600gp)
    Staffy the Staff (60,000gp)* - unclear if Staffy can be sold for full value as a sentient magic item that actively hinders the user
    Ethereal Engine (40,000gp)
    The Dendriton [Mind-Flayer helmet] (20,000gp)
    Jade Statue (2,000gp)

Various scrolls and potions not included here.

76,500 gp and gems

Total spoils value: 241,155 gp if everything is liquidated.

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine the effects of a Dungeon Fruit other than the simply eat it. Do any characters wish to eat the Dungeon Fruit?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

As the Shadow entity is destroyed and the former creature of Sol unleashes his dying attack Sister Abigail feels the full force of the monsters attack, however she had prepared for this eventuality. Had even made a rule about it, that no healer could enter combat without being able to survive it. And as her body collapses to the ground, bleeding more than any one person should be able to, she looks up at the others and weakly calls out. " I will be fine, nothing a quick bit of magic cannot cure." as she says this she uses one of her spells to close up her wounds just enough so she can stand up and show the others that she is fine and not in any life threatening Danger. "Had he focused on me from the beginning I may have been in trouble, as I do not think I could of healed myself as quickly as he could damage me, but I had faith in all of you being able to help me." she explains to the others as she looks at the Dungeon fruit, "Time to experiment." and with that she eats one of the fruits.

Show
    Due to delay death Abigail had 7 rounds after entering the death door to be in the negaitive numbers of hp before dying, and so long as she was positive before spell ends she would still be alive. A simple close wounds will bring her back up to enough where she can function and stuff as an immediate action so we are fine as there is nothing else to fight.

21. - Top - End - #201

AssassinGuy

Levi gasps and jumps as the marionette's last attack causes Abigail to collapse, motionless. Abandoning rational thoughts and emotions driving him, the halfling warlock hastens himself into the sub-optimal method of sifting his bag for something while uttering repetitive "please." The rasp but assuring voice from the priestess causes him to stop his act and witness her animated form, blossoming blood, knits herself back to her original state with healing magic. His chest cannot stop inflating and deflating as he helps removes the remaining wounds of the party by supplementing their body with extra dose of healing devotion when they updates him with their status. After the group is at full health, he stares at the spot where the shadow disintegrate, his eyes blank and unfocused as if he is a lost child.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Abigail
    Show
    When Abigail eats one of the Dungeon Fruit, she feels a powerful connection to the Plane of Shadow. Hide and Move Silently are now considered class skills and she gains a +8 bonus to both. Eating more of the fruit will increase the connection to the Plane of Shadow, likely granting different abilities.

Add 1 to the Action Points counter on Abigail's sheet.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid cringes from the desperation attack of the shadowed creature and watches it disperse before leting out a sigh of relief. She takes stock of the party before focusing on Levi. She walks up to him and waves her hand in front of his face

"Levi? Are you doing okay?" she asks.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

As Levi floats down to her worried the priestess puts a wrinkled old hand on the halflings much smaller one. "I will be well, I foresaw the Dungeon eventually targeting me first to get to all of you and so I acted accordingly for this Death door. Thank you though for being so worried about me. Please go help the others though while I try to finish recovering. By the time you are done I am sure I will be better." she reassures her halfling companion as she lets the divine magic work through her old body slowly returning it back to its state before the former inhabitant of Sol had almost ended her life.

Once Abigail is fully healed she watches as Orchid makes her way over to Levi and begins asking if he is okay, pushing herself off of the ground she makes her way over to her friend and rests one of her tired arms on his shoulders. "We are here for you Levi, even if all you need is our silent support." she reassures him, making it clear that if he didn't want to talk about it he didn't have to.

Show
    She will also quickly look him over to make sure he is not in shock or anything (1d20+20)[36]

Afterwords when she had eaten the fruit she felt the powers of the shadow realm take route in her and looked to the others. "The fruit seems to grant you some sort of power from tied to the realm of shadows though it will also tie you to the realm. I have a strong feeling eating more then one may grant more powers but also strengthen the bond more which may cause one to be unable to return to Sol, this is only a hypothis though as I don't really have any proof besides feeling a strong bond to the plane of shadows now." she explains to the others, letting them decide what they would choose to do.

25. - Top - End - #205

AssassinGuy

Levi convulses after Orchid and Abigail attempts to snap him out of his frozen state. He hangs his head. A momentary lapse causes it to look up. His scleras and pupils are black.

"One of the many,
    notes sprung from,
    the mouth of the Devouring Beyond.

Beware, beware,
    its death knell calling,
    a curse upon the living,
    and the dead.

An apocryphal being,
    whose glistening hide that resist magic,
    whose strikes trap their victim,
    in a world unlike any other."

The halfling warlock's voice is booming and prophetic. After the utterance of the last sentence, Levi breaths, his eyes return to their normal coloring. He raises an eyebrow at Orchid and Abigail.

"What did I miss?"

Spoiler: Abigail
    Show
    Levi is suffering from PTSD.

Show
    Personality change: Dark Scholar -> The Vessel -> Dark Scholar
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-09-24 at 06:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

After healing up, Alistair tends to anyone else who remains injured. Later, when the group is tallying their spoils, he picks up one of the dungeon fruits. The promise of more power was interesting, but at the end of the day, he wanted to get back at those that had wronged him and spend time with his family.

Alistair eschews the dungeon fruit, then he hands it to the wraith under his control.

“Eat that,” he said.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Abigail is taken aback when Levi's scleras and pupils turn black, having never really witnessed something like this before. However as he begins talking she is reminded of her sister Sara when she goes into one of her episodes. Holding onto Levi in a firm grip she tries to keep him steady incase he begins to convulse or anything else as he recites some kind of prophecy. "Someone write down what he is saying, word for word." she calls out to the others as she quickly rips some cloth off of her rags and dumps some water onto it before placing the rag on his forehead, doing everything she had learned from taking care of her sister when she goes into one of her prophecy episodes to take care of her friend.

As Levi returns to normal Sister Abigail summons a light and looks into his eyes looking for any signs of damage before snapping her fingers next to his ears. Once she was sure there was no lasting harm to him she relaxed her hold on him. "Short version, you just had a prophecy, or at least it sounded like one. I am not sure where it came from, but given my sister has them often I know some of the signs she shows, yours were a bit different though." Looking around she calls out "Did anyone copy the message down to read back to him?" she says in a soft old motherly voice. "How are you feeling by the way Levi, you had us all worried there for a few minutes, after that shadow was destroyed you seemed lost." she said concerned, unsure how far he would let her in.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid is stunned for a moment before Abigail's command snaps her out of it. She then retrieves writing supplies from her haversack and begins down what Levi is saying. "Mostly what the sister said. Speaking of her, I do have some business to discuss if you're open to it while we're not under the eyes of Solum."

29. - Top - End - #209

AssassinGuy

Levi waves away Abigail's concerns.

"I am fine. It has been a long day. Has anyone ate the fruit?"

He gazes at the wraith who is about to eat the fruit.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-09-25 at 11:25 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Alistair's commanded Wraith wraps itself around the fruit, and as the fruit disappears, so too does the Wraith. It's not invisible, it's just gone, completely vanished and now absent from the group's presence.

10 Dungeon Fruit remain.