New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: One Hell of a Summer Party

[Grand Ballroom - Malady and Platinum]

"Well, in my case, the fact that I'm their fleet admiral helps a lot." Platinum smiles and gestures to the medals on her uniform. "But when you're on a level playing field with someone, it can be harder."

Platinum thinks briefly.

"I think the most important thing is to remember that it's okay to ask for things from time to time, and that it won't make you a burden or a worse person, because your needs are needs too. If you get assertive, you might not get as much affirmation, but you will get respect. So, do what you can, don't do what you can't, and get what you need. That understood?"

[Games Room]

"Hmm... Oh, I got a great idea. Make me into some kinda nerdy-lookin' demon. Kinda guy you'd think is too much of a skinny loner to go to parties. That way, they'll be all the more sure I won't be able to handle my shots."

"Whatever. I'm gonna go be somewhere I'm not supposed to be."

Technically, Gold could just go in any room since he's not supposed to be at this party. Anyways, he leaves the games room and heads into the first room he spots that isn't the ballroom, which happens to be the dining hall. From here, he's going to do some reconnaissance to find a room that looks off limits.

Iron watches Gold go with a 'when you get into trouble, I won't bail you out' expression on his face. Then, he turns back to Arkant.

"So, these illusions... how long are they up for?"
    Last edited by Gold Leaf; 2022-07-09 at 11:49 AM.
    We are FREE of
    BEER! As in, we don't have any beer.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Leaf View Post

"Well, in my case, the fact that I'm their fleet admiral helps a lot." Platinum smiles and gestures to the medals on her uniform. "But when you're on a level playing field with someone, it can be harder."

Platinum thinks briefly.

"I think the most important thing is to remember that it's okay to ask for things from time to time, and that it won't make you a burden or a worse person, because your needs are needs too. If you get assertive, you might not get as much affirmation, but you will get respect. So, do what you can, don't do what you can't, and get what you need. That understood?"

"If, um... if it were that easy, I wouldn't have this problem, I think." Malady replies dejectedly. "I mean... they're my friends, you know? And they're not exactly terrible friends. They've been really good to me. Like, really good. As in, helped me escape the Abyss good." She smiles. "And what we've done since has only further affirmed that. Going against them just... just feels wrong, you know?"

"...But then, at the same time... going with them doesn't always feel so great, either." She adds, rubbing her arms together. "I mean, it usually works out, but coming to a party like this or getting drunk and singing onstage for millions of people is always... kind of a butterfly feeling, you know? It doesn't always feel like I have a choice, but then, challenging that also feels weird and I'm just... sorta caught in limbo, if that makes any sense."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

3. - Top - End - #153

[Games Room]

Arkant waves gold a goodbye as he leaves but has no intensions to follow. instead he starts to write on irons round head with his finger. A third person migth see how lines appear like his finger is a pen.

"Nerdy is a term for weak looking, right? Well I see you wanna trick people into drinks then." he continues the inscriptions and iron soon might see a difference himself. He remains in a human shaped body but instead of his former one he now looks close to starving, his skin turned red and overall his body seems to have lost any fat and most muscles. People who see him likly question how he can still stand. In addition he will get wings on his back that look to small to fly. His face also changes as iron will now see a spiky red nose in his view and will feel hors on his head that grew between black filthy hair.
    In a summary he will likly be an overgrown imp someone streched and never fed.

"Hours, I think it should hold up for the whole party unless something happens of and." then he snips at his forehead, which should cause a short pain for Iron. "I made it so you still feel pain even where your head is. It makes the illusion much harder to break. To much damage at a time and the illusion will break as well. Oh and I can undo it whenever I want, which should be no suprise."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Monarch and Musician
    Ecstacy will not even get a moment to lead the dance. In this state, Sekhmet's presence is overwhelming and dominating. It's hard not to go along with her, as the orchestra changes songs and the opening chords of Too Hot for Heaven are heard (in an orchestral arrangement). The succubus queen spins into motion in a dance that is energetic and and just a tiny bit suggestive, in the way that suggests that she could and maybe even would do more, but is not. Ecstacy will likely be dragged along into this new rhythm.

Grand Tour
    "You've met her, right?" the stairs go down and down for a long distance, the air getting hotter and thicker as they descend. "She is literally 22 years old and raised by mortals. She has no business ruling over a demon court. It's only her raw power, control of the guard, and lingering fear of her mother that keeps most of the court in check." It seems like Pex is going to add a "but." "But many here believe she's the best thing to ever happen to the Depths. They say she really cares, wants to help everyone. Me? I don't care as long as I get fed."
    Last edited by bc56; 2022-07-09 at 03:17 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #155
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Dungeon Interview]

"That's outrageous! That's-"
    "Well, could this be described as 'assigning uniforms and making you stop eating people' maybe?"

The pixie quickly takes down notes. Other succubi could follow up in ore detail, probably.
    "Tell me about this industry, and how she destroyed it." If it is the worst, that's what people need to know.

[Grand Ballroom - Marianne Anchor and Euphoria]

Anchor misses a step in the dance after she inadvertently brushes against Euphoria's lips. A glass of punch is one thing, a bottle's worth quite another. That did a number on her coordination. Luckily Euphoria is the one doing the lift, or she would probably drop the succubus if she tried at this moment.
    "You kno-, you-" Wait, they had a plan, right?

Just then, the shadow attempts a magic trick it has, of swapping locations, to instantly exchange their dance partners, so that Euphoria is holding up Marianne, and the shadow is supporting Anchor as she drunkenly swirls around.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #156

[Monarch and Musician]

Thankfully, dancing along to Too Hot for Heaven is not by any means a new experience for Ecstacy. If Sekhmet watches her, she'll even see the succubus mouthing the (currently unsung) lyrics to the song, a handy mnemonic device that makes walking through the usual routine of suggestive shakes, slides and gyrations almost second nature to her.

It's really quite a shame that this isn't the usual routine, then.

Ecstacy squeels with a combination of delight and alarm as Sekhmet leads her through the dance, just barely keeping up with the queen and her improvisations. That said, of Sekhmet needs any encouragement to push into more suggestive territory, Ecstacy is certainly the woman to provide it. What follows really depends on how much control Sekhmet actually retains through her succubus aspect.

Some trick! The rose in Anchor's mouth disappears in a cloud of pink smoke as she's translocated with Marianne, leaving the angel in the succubus's arms and Anchor dancing with her shadow. If she's lucid enough to look, she'll see that the shadow's efforts, along with hers, have rewarded them with the sight of the two of them nestled up in each other's arms, slowing down into a more subdued, relaxed slow dance, Marianne's head pressed gently into Euphoria's chest. At their next pass, they both mouth "thank you" to Anchor, each blowing her a kiss as the other is turned away.

"...I feel dirty for saying this, but...

"Angels are hot?"

"Angels are hot."

"...You think that one's seeing anybody?"

"Don't be ridiculous. I saw her first."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Monarch and Musician
    The dance grows more and more intense as the music continues, and suffice it to say, it wouldn't have been out of place at one of Deathkiss' concerts, and when Sekhmet returns to normal, she is going to be absolutely horrified by what she just did, especially if someone caught it on video. For now, it's just what comes naturally to the Queen of Succubi.
    As the music winds down, so does the dance, but Sekhmet doesn't seem tired at all. She releases Ecstacy from her grip.
    The onlookers are split between those stunned into silence and those cheering wildly. No one expected Sekhmet to do that.
    Last edited by bc56; 2022-07-09 at 04:47 PM.

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #158

[Monarch and Musician]

Ecstacy isn't so lucky. When the dance finally ends, she's collapsed on the floor, breathing heavily, quite clearly sore and exhausted. "Whoo!" She cheers, arms in the air. Man, whoever that lady was, she knew how to party once she got the encouragement, huh?

Too bad she didn't get her number.

For the moment, she's just going to lay there on the floor and enjoy the aftermath of bringing out someone's inner party animal. This is a night to be proud of.

-

[Across the Room]

"...We need to put that girl on a leash." Marianne grumbles between her fingers.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Hm... Yeah, that makes sense. Confidence just comes more naturally to some people than others. That said, though, I believe there's potential for it in everyone. It's a learned skill, you know? It takes time and practice."

"Look, I'll be transparent - I've never really been able to relate to the feeling of not being in control for social interactions, so I'm not fully equipped to provide advice. Being in my position means I usually end up as the one leading the pack."

"That said, I don't think you should have to worry about what good friends think of you. That's why you can divulge things to them that you would never tell anyone else."

She didn't 100% know where she was going with that. True to her word, she's a little out of her depth in a conversation like this one. Hopefully, Malady can take something from it that she hadn't even considered, English teacher style.

[Games Room]

Iron is grinning like a fool as he looks down at himself and sees the total loser he's disguised as. Why wouldn't he? He looks like taking one shot would cause him to spin and drop to the ground unconscious with birds flying around his head.

Wait. What the heck was that!?
    "OW! Heck, is that what it feels like to get shot in the head for people who aren't like us? Man, that is freaky. You gotta undo whatever that was that you just did, I'd rather run the risk of the illusion breakin' than have my head hurtin'."

If you couldn't recieve any harm or pain in your head, think of all the habits you would pick up and think nothing of. Not ducking low doorways. Grinding your teeth when you're frusturated. Stopping bullets with only your dome. Now, imagine that, but all the pain tolerance is removed. Iron would simply not be able to live like that, even for a few hours.
    We are FREE of

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Second is another woman, this one with ashy skin and a head completely shaved- no hair or eyebrows. Her eyes are dark, and she's wearing a white halter top and a pair of thick orange and reflective yellow fire-fighter's trousers. She's going to try and find the dance floor- and avoid any areas with open flames.
    The woman will be greeted by Sophie, who appears to be continuing her duties as an unofficial usher and greeter. She's wearing a modest but form-fitting purple dress.

"Welcome to the party. Is there anything you need?"

She's certainly... welcoming. There's a subtle but pervading effect to her words.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Greetings

"Um, hi! Yeah, actually. Are your non-alcoholic drinks clearly labelled as such? I've got... an unusual metabolism and don't react well to alcohol." It makes her drunk, which isn't exactly unusual. It also makes it more likely she'll catch fire, which... is not an issue for many people. "I was going to listen to the music, maybe do some dancing, and see who's about, really."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Monarch and Musician
    Sekhmet stands triumphant, as though she has vanquished Ecstacy. "Anyone else want to dance with the queen?" The question, while given calmly, is a challenge. Does anyone dare ask the queen to dance again? She will probably show anyone up.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Grand Tour
    "You've met her, right?" the stairs go down and down for a long distance, the air getting hotter and thicker as they descend. "She is literally 22 years old and raised by mortals. She has no business ruling over a demon court. It's only her raw power, control of the guard, and lingering fear of her mother that keeps most of the court in check." It seems like Pex is going to add a "but." "But many here believe she's the best thing to ever happen to the Depths. They say she really cares, wants to help everyone. Me? I don't care as long as I get fed."
    Grand Tour

"Could it be assumed that the ones opposed to the rule are high ranking demons in the court? Since you said they were favored by Sapphira and unless Sekhmet has already stripped them of everything they would probably retain what your former ruler gave them." Faith asks, seeing no reason to be concerned yet. That it was getting hotter they further down they went was quite natural considering where this place was located.

14. - Top - End - #164

"Hm... Yeah, that makes sense. Confidence just comes more naturally to some people than others. That said, though, I believe there's potential for it in everyone. It's a learned skill, you know? It takes time and practice."

"Look, I'll be transparent - I've never really been able to relate to the feeling of not being in control for social interactions, so I'm not fully equipped to provide advice. Being in my position means I usually end up as the one leading the pack."

"That said, I don't think you should have to worry about what good friends think of you. That's why you can divulge things to them that you would never tell anyone else."

She didn't 100% know where she was going with that. True to her word, she's a little out of her depth in a conversation like this one. Hopefully, Malady can take something from it that she hadn't even considered, English teacher style.

[Games Room]

Iron is grinning like a fool as he looks down at himself and sees the total loser he's disguised as. Why wouldn't he? He looks like taking one shot would cause him to spin and drop to the ground unconscious with birds flying around his head.

Wait. What the heck was that!?
    "OW! Heck, is that what it feels like to get shot in the head for people who aren't like us? Man, that is freaky. You gotta undo whatever that was that you just did, I'd rather run the risk of the illusion breakin' than have my head hurtin'."

If you couldn't recieve any harm or pain in your head, think of all the habits you would pick up and think nothing of. Not ducking low doorways. Grinding your teeth when you're frusturated. Stopping bullets with only your dome. Now, imagine that, but all the pain tolerance is removed. Iron would simply not be able to live like that, even for a few hours.
    [Games Room]

Well the pain shouldn't be that hard. Guess he missjudged their ability. Good to know since this might be a nice workaround if he needs to get one of them silent or in case they wanna eat him.

"Fine, Fine." he draws with his finger over the head, not only undoing the pain effect but also to add another one. A mind manipulation effect that won't do anything until Arkant activates it. It will likly be just a force to do an action he commands. Might be usefull if he needs it today. He does snip with his finger again resulting in no pain this time.

"I am a bit schocked this went so hard on you. Also that was kinda like 1/1000 of the pain of getting shot. To no suprise I doubt many people experience it totally as they die right away."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

[Greetings]

"Um, hi! Yeah, actually. Are your non-alcoholic drinks clearly labelled as such? I've got... an unusual metabolism and don't react well to alcohol." It makes her drunk, which isn't exactly unusual. It also makes it more likely she'll catch fire, which... is not an issue for many people. "I was going to listen to the music, maybe do some dancing, and see who's about, really."
    "Yes, Sekmhet made sure to label them appropriately. Best not to leave this to chance, is it?" Sophie nods. "So if you see a drink labelled as non-alcoholic, it's safe for you to drink. My name is Sophie and I'm here as Sekhmet's friend, to help keep things organized."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Monarch & Musician (& Husband)

"I do, Your Highness." Prumathe smiles and raises a hand; he really should have had the first dance, well maybe, but he wasn't expecting Sekhmet to dance with anyone. He knows what's up, and that Sekhmet is likely to be horrified by her actions later when she returns to normal, so he's going to try and keep her on track and less scary.

Greetings

"I'm Felicity, from VIGIL. I'm a lab technician there." She should possibly go to HALO instead, as they're more science-y, but she found her way to VIGIL and she's been somewhat useful to some of Geneva's research and she helps Eun sometimes.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Monarch and Husband (and Musician?)
    Sekhmet sweeps Prumathe into her arms and begins the dance again. Energetic, passionate, and intensely suggestive, even more so than the last dance, they whirl across the floor. The audience cheers and eggs them on.

Grand Tour
    "Not anymore. There was one incident of betrayal and then she stripped the court down entirely and appointed new people to those positions. Banished a few of the conspirators." They haven't reached the bottom yet, but Pex directs Faith off and into a hallway. "Just down this hall."

Dungeon Interview
    "The soul processing and refining centers," the succubus realizes the pixie has no idea what she means, "It's how we produce soul essence, which is used to fuel all our magic devices... Power plants! That's the term you use, right? They're like power plants, and she shut them down and destroyed them with explosives so no one could reopen them."

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #168
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

[Games Room]

It's not really an extreme amount of pain, moreso the fact that they just recieved pain in an area that's never felt it before, which is understandably quite startling.

Iron doesn't notice the mind manipulation effect placed on him.

"Now, how would you know what getting shot feels like? You don't seem like the type to show up in a shootout. No offense."
    We are FREE of

19. - Top - End - #169

"Um... w-well..." Malady's gaze shuffles off to one side. "I... I can't talk about them with this, though. I mean this with them." Whoops. She must be a bit more intoxicated than she thought. "This has been rattling around in my head since we got to the mortal plane and the first person I'm talking to about it is a complete stranger at a party somewhere. I could've taken Stacy, or Manny, or even Euy aside for advice, but I didn't. They... they scare me, honestly."

Monarch and Musician
    Sekhmet stands triumphant, as though she has vanquished Ecstacy. "Anyone else want to dance with the queen?" The question, while given calmly, is a challenge. Does anyone dare ask the queen to dance again? She will probably show anyone up.
    Monarch & Musician (& Husband)

"I do, Your Highness." Prumathe smiles and raises a hand; he really should have had the first dance, well maybe, but he wasn't expecting Sekhmet to dance with anyone. He knows what's up, and that Sekhmet is likely to be horrified by her actions later when she returns to normal, so he's going to try and keep her on track and less scary.
    Monarch and Husband (and Musician?)
    Sekhmet sweeps Prumathe into her arms and begins the dance again. Energetic, passionate, and intensely suggestive, even more so than the last dance, they whirl across the floor. The audience cheers and eggs them on.
    [Monarch and Husband]

"She's all yours, hot stuff." Ecstacy groans from the floor, propping herself up just enough to watch the action unfold.

And what action! If this were any more intense, there'd be a curtain over it. "Queen" here really knows how to show her partner a good time, doesn't she?

...Hang on a minute.

Ecstacy just starts having a realization when a pair of strong arms scoop her up from behind, dragging her back into the crowd with a little yelp.

Spoiler: Creative Differences
    Show

"...And don't think I won't! It's perfectly on-brand for us. In fact, she can use my old one."

Ecstacy groans as Euphoria sets her back on her feet, Marianne pacing back and forth in front of them, clearly more than a little steamed. "Oh, hey, girls... being a little rough, dontcha think?"

"Are you out of your horny little mind?" Marianne snaps, glowering at the guitarist.

"...No? I'm pretty much always in my horny little mind, Manny."

"You went way over the line there, Stacy." The angel crosses her arms. "You do remember what DEATHKISS is supposed to be, right? We're here to start fantasies, not-... not-"

"Not what, Manny?" Ecstacy shrugs. "I don't see where I did anything wrong. I saw a lady sitting at the edge of the party, I thought I'd give her a little nudge to go in."

"You call that little?!" Marianne scowls. "She clearly didn't want to jump in like that. You remember our lineup, right? Girl our audience has crushed on since high school, her outgoing best friend, professional with a wild side and a sophisticated domme? Where in there do you hear 'pushy jerk that drags girls into a situation they aren't ready for'?"

"I don't know, she seems pretty into it."

SLAP!

Ecstacy rubs at her cheek, more out of shock than pain. Marianne had never lost her temper quite like that before.

"Of all people, you should know better than that." The angel spits.

"Oh, yeah? Miss four-digit is going to lecture me on morals now?"

It's fortunate for them both that Euphoria is big enough to shove them apart, as they look to otherwise be ready to come to blows. "You two stop it." She mutters darkly. "We're leaving until you've both calmed down enough to be out in public again. And you're going to both be writing out apologies while we're gone. Manny to Stacy, and Stacy to her Majesty."

"But-"

Euphoria shoots them both a venomous glare, leaving no room for argument.

"...Yes, ma'am."

"Good. Now come along."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

20. - Top - End - #170

[Games Room]

It's not really an extreme amount of pain, moreso the fact that they just recieved pain in an area that's never felt it before, which is understandably quite startling.

Iron doesn't notice the mind manipulation effect placed on him.

"Now, how would you know what getting shot feels like? You don't seem like the type to show up in a shootout. No offense."
    [Games Room]

"None taken my friend." Arkant says in a playfull manner. "You only need to get a guy with a gun on your bad side to be shot. Or someone who pays a sniper. It is rather unpleasent to experience and even harder to describe the prozess of surviving it. Let's just go with an extrem amount of luck."

Not that he had luck in those cases. The way he manages to experience this is a secret which he doesn't spill out just so. Wouldn't be a secret right? Guess someone would assume reanimation as magic offers this kind of stuff on a very basic level.

21. - Top - End - #171

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    Some trick! The rose in Anchor's mouth disappears in a cloud of pink smoke as she's translocated with Marianne, leaving the angel in the succubus's arms and Anchor dancing with her shadow. If she's lucid enough to look, she'll see that the shadow's efforts, along with hers, have rewarded them with the sight of the two of them nestled up in each other's arms, slowing down into a more subdued, relaxed slow dance, Marianne's head pressed gently into Euphoria's chest. At their next pass, they both mouth "thank you" to Anchor, each blowing her a kiss as the other is turned away.

"...I feel dirty for saying this, but...
    "Angels are hot?"
    "Angels are hot."
    "...You think that one's seeing anybody?"
    "Don't be ridiculous. I saw her first."
    Ta-da! Angel and demon, reunited.
    Anchor gives the pair a wave as her own dance comes to an end.
    Shame that Marianne's admirers are going to be disappointed.

[Dungeon Interview]
    "The soul processing and refining centers," the succubus realizes the pixie has no idea what she means, "It's how we produce soul essence, which is used to fuel all our magic devices... Power plants! That's the term you use, right? They're like power plants, and she shut them down and destroyed them with explosives so no one could reopen them."
    "She sabotaged her own kingdom?"
    Soul essence. Sure, sounds like a fiendish kingdom thing.
    "But there's still power here at her palace, of course. How long had these centers been running before then?"

Arrivals
    First there's a pale-skinned woman with short black hair and grey eyes, a pair of auk wings emerging from her back with another pair of eyes in the middle of the joint. She's wearing a grey dress and hiking boots, which looks a little odd. She's going to look around and find some drinks to socialise.
    Another partygoer shows up near the drinks to socialize! Her blue-and-gold outfit (except the sunglasses) seems perfectly suited for the party.
    "Heyyy there Jack! How's my favorite bird? Uh, that's you, of course."
    She seems like she's had more than enough to drink already. But through a bit of Ring magic, this mostly makes her seem endearingly clumsy and approachable.

Her shadow leans out beside her and waves.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #172

Grand Tour

"Not anymore. There was one incident of betrayal and then she stripped the court down entirely and appointed new people to those positions. Banished a few of the conspirators." They haven't reached the bottom yet, but Pex directs Faith off and into a hallway. "Just down this hall."
    Grand Tour

"But if I understood things correctly there are other circles of hell within this afterlife? Are they at all relevant to the situation within this one?" Just the existence of an afterlife was a pretty divisive concept. These were the sort of places the clergy back home warned children non-humans and traitors would end up. The antithesis to the manifested destiny.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-07-11 at 11:55 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Greetings

"I'm Felicity, from VIGIL. I'm a lab technician there." She should possibly go to HALO instead, as they're more science-y, but she found her way to VIGIL and she's been somewhat useful to some of Geneva's research and she helps Eun sometimes.
    "I'm Sophie. A therapist in GLoG. Here in an unofficial capacity." And Solar Exalt, but she's keeping this discreet. "Do you need help or directions? I'll see if I can provide any."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Grand Tour
    "I think you know what can happen when an inexperienced heir ascends the throne, and the neighbors around here are cutthroat," Pex directs Faith to a heavy door which leads to a long hallway lined with empty, silent cells.

Someone is talking down the hall, the words echoing through the passage...

Dungeon Interview
    "Insane, right? Those plants had been running for centuries longer than I've been dead," the succubus replies.

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #175

Grand Tour

Well, it this place somehow looked exactly what Faith expected it would. "So you can actually travel between the circles then? Interesting. And what exactly is the purposes of your circle? Since it isn't just a kingdom."

26. - Top - End - #176

[Dungeon Interview]

The pixie moves on with a serious question.
    "With no queen and no magical power, what would keep this ... hell? land? this place together? If you had succeeded in getting rid of Sekhmet, what would happen next?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Platinum opens her mouth to speak. Then, she shuts it. *clink* This is because she's just realised that she actually doesn't have any more advice to give. She wants to help the succubus in front of her, but she's far more skilled talking tactics than talking feelings.

She might still be able to say something helpful, though.

"Hmm. I'll admit, I don't think I know what to say to help you with that situation. But I reckon that's just because I'm the wrong person to talk to about it. Even if you aren't yet ready to explain it to the rest of your group, surely you have some mutual friends between you who know them much better than I do? Even if they don't have the presence I do, they'll probably be a lot more helpful for this."

Why not a little something to make the woman feel better, too

"Here. Take this. It might cheer you up."

Platinum will attempt to put in Malady's hand a platinum medal (of the pin-to-your-shirt kind) that depicts Platinum herself smiling and saluting, with text around the edges reading Admiral's Award for Ace Acts and Attitude in silvery-white letters.

"You have now attained the authority to be awesome in attitude and actions."

Whatever that actually means, apart from just acting as added alliterative appeal.

[Games Room]

"Well, ain't that the truth. If I had a nickel for every time I had to blast my way out of a room, I could summon Nickel. And, don't get me wrong, I've been shot a fair few times myself. But I'm still kickin' so I guess we're just as lucky as each other."

Iron winks at Arkant, indicating he's been revived a fair few times himself.
    Last edited by Gold Leaf; 2022-07-11 at 11:41 PM.
    We are FREE of

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Interview
    "With her out of the way, we could rebuild the refineries and generate power again. Someone else would ascend the throne, probably the most powerful succubus available."

Grand Tour
    "These hells are a dump for souls that don't qualify for paradise, roughly sorted into the five kingdoms of despair, terror, devastation, hatred, and corruption, which is here. The whole place is warded so we can only leave by very specific methods. If there's a purpose beyond that, I've never seen it."

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #179

[Games Room]

"Well, ain't that the truth. If I had a nickel for every time I had to blast my way out of a room, I could summon Nickel. And, don't get me wrong, I've been shot a fair few times myself. But I'm still kickin' so I guess we're just as lucky as each other."

Iron winks at Arkant, indicating he's been revived a fair few times himself.
    [Games Room]

Arkant raises an eyebrow at that comment.

"Well with that head of yours I guess you don't need to be so lucky. Unless I missunderstood. I thought your practically invincible even if that means your head is the only thing that remains."

30. - Top - End - #180

Grand Tour

"These hells are a dump for souls that don't qualify for paradise, roughly sorted into the five kingdoms of despair, terror, devastation, hatred, and corruption, which is here. The whole place is warded so we can only leave by very specific methods. If there's a purpose beyond that, I've never seen it."
    Grand Tour

That... was an odd collection of kingdoms. At first she wasn't sure how someone could be punished for feeling despair but after a moment she realized it probably was about spreading despair. Same with the others. "So these 'kingdoms' are punishments for five different sins I'm assuming? Since that make you sound like a form of jailers or police which is interesting considering the common idea of demons as rebels."

Faith has stopped some distance away from the other conversation. She would listen in a bit to it, as she recognized the pixies voice, but that would be focusing on two conversations at the same time which would just make a mess of things.

She could just asks questions to the succubi later on.