New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Bearington

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

d20 Bearington

So coming on here today has been a wild ride.

I haven't posted on the giant in probably 10+ years.

Seeing people still talk about building Bearington the BearBearian has given me alot of pride.

Any other "old timers" on here get these kind of feels looking at new posts?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Bearington

I started posting again after a few years away. Feels different (and I don't have the same energy for homebrew I used to), but the spirit's still here.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    I started posting again after a few years away. Feels different (and I don't have the same energy for homebrew I used to), but the spirit's still here.
    I've never really left myself but I've felt my overall energy for posting has definitely dropped.

For me I think it's because I see some threads in the General RP section and it's like "yup, i've already said my piece about this 6 times over the last 13 years." so i just skim and pass. I also don't really have any "plz fix my group" questions as we ironed those issues out ages ago... my group's been together in some form for the last 16 years or so, we've got our thing going, and it's been good to us.

I don't really play enough D&D with enough enthusiasm to warrant going into the various D&D subforums. I've been playing some 5e, but there's not much about it I particularly care enough to engage in discussion and debate over. Far fewer about that system I would have the energy or will to homebrew.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Every once in a while I pop in on the 5th-ed forum and chuckle to myself at the same sorts of arguments we hashed over in 3.x.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ormagoden View Post
    So coming on here today has been a wild ride.

I haven't posted on the giant in probably 10+ years.

Seeing people still talk about building Bearington the BearBearian has given me alot of pride.

Any other "old timers" on here get these kind of feels looking at new posts?
    Every day. You are all so young.
    Resident Vancian Apologist