New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Warlock Patron: Vampire

You've been turned into a creature of the night by a master vampire. Your master doesn't allow you to create spawn of your own, for whatever reason, but beyond that you're more or less free to self-direct until you receive other orders.

Spoiler: Background Options
    Show
    d8 Personality
    1 I have little patience for those who put their faith in deities.
    2 I fall in and out of love easily, and am always pursuing someone.
    3 I am very slow to trust. Smiles hide daggers all too well.
    4 When I set my mind to something, I'm almost impossible to dissuade.
    5 I can't help but ponder how tasty the people I meet are.
    6 I'm not aloof, I just don't like to speak without thinking.
    7 Everyone I meet can tell I'm a cut above the unwashed masses.
    8 I have an intensity that tends to make people uncomfortable.

d6 Ideals
    1 Immortality: Break the oppressive cycle of life and death. (Chaotic)
    2 Patience: Why rush? You have an eternity to learn who you are. (Neutral)
    3 Hierarchy: Life is much simpler when you know your place. (Lawful)
    4 Ennui: Experience life now, while you can still enjoy it. (Any)
    5 Responsibility: I have an obligation to use this power to help others. (Good)
    6 Power: Might makes right, and guess who's strong now. (Evil)

d6 Bonds
    1 I've a beloved relative who is rather sick. They deserve immortality.
    2 After my master, I am still loyal to my nation.
    3 My master expects regular progress reports, including points of interest.
    4 If the guild finds out I'm still 'alive', I'll actually have to settle my debt.
    5 I'm always looking for somewhere to settle down and make my own.
    6 I still try to look out for my family, even though I can't be with them.

d6 Flaws
    1 I am allergic to garlic.
    2 While not painful, sunlight is uncomfortable enough that I've become nocturnal.
    3 I feel compelled to sort or count collections of small things, like rice or needles.
    4 Animals always seem on edge when I'm around.
    5 Mirrors no longer reflect me. I have no idea what I look like now.
    6 Touching silver makes me quite itchy.

Spoiler: Class Features
    Show
    Expanded Spell List

The vampire lets you choose from an expanded list of spells when you learn a warlock spell. The following spells are added to the warlock spell list for you.

Spell Level Spells
    1st Bane, Hunter's Mark
    2nd Enhance Ability, Pass Without Trace
    3rd Cat Nap, Nondetection
    4th Charm Monster, Stoneskin
    5th Dominate Person, Geas

Vampiric Transformation

Your transformation is still settling in, but the benefits are still significant. Starting at level 1, your type changes to undead. You cease aging, and are immune to magical aging. Additionally, you have advantage on saves against poison, diseases, and fatigue from prolonged effort. Finally, you gain a bite attack. This is a light finesse weapon dealing 1d4 piercing damage; you may make this bite attack your pact weapon, if applicable. When you use this weapon on a target who possessed blood and who is incapacitated, willing, or has their speed reduced to 0 ft, you regain 1 HD. You may do this a number of times per rest equal to your Constitution modifier. You cannot have more HD than your normal maximum.

However, your transformation has come with downsides as well. You can no longer be nourished by food and water - only blood will quench your eternal thirst. You must regain at least 1 HD per day via your bite attack, or else you suffer the consequences of starvation/thirst. You also gain vulnerability to radiant damage.

Vampiric Body

Your transformation grows deeper. You're stronger, faster, tougher, better. Starting at level 6, your carrying capacity is doubled, you can hold your breath twice as long as normal, and you can jump twice as far and high as normal. Additionally, you gain proficiency in initiative checks and darkvision 60 ft (or increase any existing darkvision by 60 ft). You gain resistance to necrotic damage, and can spend 1 HD to heal as an action. Finally, you no longer require sleep as a matter of remaining sane/alive. Short and long rests still provide normal benefits, but they aren't strictly biologically necessary, and you can spend them awake and performing light activity if you choose.

However, the weaknesses deepen as well. You gain the Sunlight Sensitivity (as the racial feature).

Vampiric Awakening

You have matured into a proper vampire. At level 10, you gain an additional ASI, and no longer need to breathe. You are immune to poison (the condition and the damage type), as well as diseases. Finally, you may spend 1 HD when you succeed on a death saving throw.

Your problems have also reached their pinnacle. At the start of your turn, if you are exposed to sunlight (DM's judgement on how helpful clothes are), you take 3d6 radiant damage.

Vampire Lord

You have reached the pinnacle of what it means to be a vampire. Starting at level 14, you gain resistance to nonmagical bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage. Additionally, you may spend 1 HD to heal as a bonus action. Finally, select either one Vampire Patron class feature (potentially including this one), or two invocations you possess that require a Vampire Patron. You can ignore the weaknesses imposed by your selection. You may change your selection whenever your level up.

Your new toughness is not without its vulnerabilities. This damage resistance can be bypassed by silver weapons - and in fact, you have vulnerability to damage dealt by silver weapons instead.

Spoiler: Invocations
    Show
    All of the following invocations require you to have the Vampire Patron.

Aspect Of The Moon (Vampiric)

You no longer need sleep and can't be forced to sleep by any means. You can gain the benefits of a long rest by performing light activity for 4 hours. You can gain the benefits of a short rest by performing light activity for 30 minutes.

If you do not possess Aspect Of The Moon, you can only take these faster rests if you spend them either within your coffin (which you must have with you) or fully buried in earth, dirt, or stone.

Beguiling Influence (Vampiric)

You gain proficiency in two skills of your choice from the following list: Insight, Deception, Intimidation, Persuasion. If you are already proficiency in the selected skill, you may instead gain expertise.

If you do not possess Beguiling Influence, you are unable to enter a building without express permission from someone with the authority to grant entry.

Blood Magic
    You gain either two new spells known from the warlock list, or one spell from a patron you don't have. These spells must be of a level you can currently cast. You may select this invocation multiple times, selecting different spells each time.

Creature Of The Night

You gain proficiency in two skills of your choice from the following list: Stealth, Investigation, Perception, Survival. If you are already proficiency in the selected skill, you may instead gain expertise.

Eldritch Sight (Vampiric)
    Prerequisite:
    9th level

You may cast Detect Thoughts at-will without spending a spell slot or using components.

If you do not possess Eldritch Sight, contact with holy symbols or blessed objects deals damage as if you were splashed with holy water (2d6 radiant).

Fiendish Vigor (Vampiric)
    Prerequisite:
    15th level

Whenever you start your turn with more than 0 hp but less than half your maximum HP, you aren't in sunlight or running water, and you haven't taken radiant damage since your last turn, you regain 10 + your Constitution modifier HP.

If you do not possess Fiendish Vigor, you gain vulnerability to fire damage.

Gaze Of Two Minds (Vampiric)
    Prerequisite:
    15th level

You may cast Charm Person at-will as a 1st level spell without using a spell slot or using components. A creature so charmed treats you as their superior, and counts as a willing target for your bite attack. The spell's duration is changed to 24 hours, although it can end early in the usual ways.

If you do not possess Gaze Of Two Minds, you cannot attempt to use this ability on the same creature more than once per long rest.

Legendary Monster
    Prerequisite:
    5th level

You gain a number of Legendary Saves equal to half your proficiency bonus (rounded down). You regain expended Legendary Saves when you take a long rest.

Lifedrinker (Vampiric)
    Prerequisite:
    12th level

When you hit a creature with your bite attack, you may spend 1 HD to heal as part of the attack.

If you do not possess Lifedrinker, drinking the blood of an exceptionally devout person, or one who has recently consumed holy water, reduces your remaining HD by 1. If this would reduce your remaining HD below 0, you instead take damage equal to what spending 1 HD would heal you.

One With Shadows (Vampiric)
    Prerequisite:
    9th level

You may cast Gaseous Form as a reaction once per long rest without using a spell slot or components.

If you do not possess One With Shadows, you take 3d6 radiant damage if you start your turn within running water.

Spider Climb
    Prerequisite:
    5th level

You are under the effects of a continuous, nonmagical Spider Climb effect (as the spell).

Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-06-27 at 07:30 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Warlock Patron: Vampire

Transformation should drain an HD from the target. As-is, two Vampire 'Locks could bite each other for 1d4+Str or Dex mod, whichever is less, and then Short Rest to heal for 1d8+Con Mod per bite.

Body should probably not let you spend HD on a successful Death Save.

Lord feels like it comes a little early, but it is what it is on the 'Lock chassis.

So, the Vampiric Invocations... Do you LOSE or GAIN the weaknesses/vulnerabilities on taking them? I'm a touch confused-so the Aspect Of The Moon. Do you gain the benefits of it without taking the Invocation, and just lose the penalties when taking it?

If they're just normal Invocations, but stronger with a downside... Okay.
    If you gain all them and take the Invocations to get rid of the downside... No.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Warlock Patron: Vampire

Just a quick read, it seems a little OP but is definitely good for vampire flavor!