New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: What can the Retainers granted by the Noble/Knight background actually *do*?

Quote Originally Posted by Temperjoke View Post
    That would be interesting since I had considered "personal needs" a bit more all encompassing than I listed. :P I also tend to not make my characters be orphans. :P
    But he wouldn't be an orphan, his parents are *right there*.
    It's Eberron, not ebberon.
    It's not high magic, it's wide magic.
    And it's definitely not steampunk. The only time steam gets involved is when the fire and water elementals break loose.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: What can the Retainers granted by the Noble/Knight background actually *do*?

Quote Originally Posted by Temperjoke View Post
    That would be interesting since I had considered "personal needs" a bit more all encompassing than I listed. :P I also tend to not make my characters be orphans. :P
    Well, you did say fiendish so the personal needs angle isn't necessarily off the table...
    I am the flush of excitement. The blush on the cheek. I am the Rouge!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

On expedition they put up your tent, lay out your bedclothes, chop your firewood, make your dinner, do the dishes, clean your clothes.

They guard your possessions from theft *sideways glace at party troublemaker*.

In town they book your room at the inn, they sell your stuff, they take messages to local nobles, they announce you when you enter the room.

As for mechanical benefit, they come with some domain expertise. Your groom will accompany you to the horse market and advise you on the quality of the horses for sale. Your majordomo will quickly get all the goss on local nobility. When your attendant buys clothing, you know it will be quality gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by ad_hoc View Post
    Don't waste time making rolls on things that aren't interesting. Move on and get to the good stuff.