Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [5e] 14th level module test drive IC

Abigail Klisi
    Halfling Genie Warlock
    AC: 16 HP: 104/104
    PP: 12 PIv: 10 PIs: 17
    Conditions: Mage Armour (8 hours), Elemental Gift (10min)
    Concentrating: --

Abigail doesn't shift when the blade comes her way, mostly because it doesn't go 'her way' exactly, but plunges right into the illusory copy of her half a foot to her left. "Sprightly fella aren't ya?" She considers replying back to the Message directly, but the others would probably want to know, so instead she calls down. "Got a survivor, armed, but he's not trying to stab me," then, much more quietly, "anymore."

She gives him a once over; the armour seemed expensive, the hair style fashionable. Perhaps a local noble-sort, or one of the other adventurers that had preceded them. "Never better," she finally answers his question. "Abigail Klisi, adventurer and general problem solver. Me and my friends are here to, well, solve a problem. Would you like to climb down from the roof so we can all chat about it? If it helps, I promise that none of us will try to eat you."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Persuasion if required: (1d20+11)[18]
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Damian Hoster
    Elf Arcane Trickster Bladesinger
    AC: 19 HP: 126/126
    PP: 22 PIv: 25 PIs: 17
    Conditions:

"True. Not hungry at all. Need any help with climbing down from there?" - asks Damian, examining the survivor and determining the way of conversation, so that this man wouldn't be in any more shock and would give the necessary information.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

The young man stands, stretching. Something pops audibly in one shoulder. "Jasper Hill. I came here with an adventuring group, too... now I'm all that's left."

When Damian calls up to him, he winces and brings a finger up to his mouth in a shushing motion. He quietly turns back to Abigail. "Most of them left the morning after the attack, but last I knew there were still some ghouls in the tavern down below. I had to climb up here to get away, and I haven't seen or heard them leave. I'm all out of arrows and none of the other buildings are close enough to jump to from here, so... better safe than eaten." His face slackens for a moment and his eyes take on a distant look.
    Last edited by J-H; 2022-06-29 at 10:23 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alive
    Tiefling Wild Magic Sorcerer
    AC: 13 HP: 86/86
    PP: 18 PIv: 10 PIs: 18
    Conditions: -
    Resistance: Fire
    Effects: -

Ally sidles up closer to the group when Abigail explains the situation, arriving in time to see the young man's shushing. They look around for the source of his worry, and absentmindedly twang the copper wire in their mouth like a jaw harp, sending out to the young adventurer, "Have no fear. We have the power of David Blaine and anime on our side. Just need to know where and how many?"
    Last edited by Breitheamh; 2022-06-29 at 10:40 AM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Abigail Klisi
    Halfling Genie Warlock

If the ghouls were inside the building the easiest answer would just be to drop it on them, and though immensely satisfying it would be a waste to damage the town more than it had been and if there was anyone else hiding, they'd be killed in the crossfire. It was a little surprising the ghouls hadn't leapt out at the party, perhaps they had a feast inside that was keeping them occupied. "Sorry to hear about your group, but they won't go unavenged! We'll clear up these ghouls," she nods down at Ally to make sure the question posed wasn't forgotten. "and then you can tell us everything you know about what went on so we can go problem-solve it."

Fighting in the open would probably be easier (for her especially) though if they could choke-point the undead at a door that'd be the best option.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Armariel
    High Elf Armorer Artificier
    AC: 26 HP: 129/129
    PP: 17 PIv: 16 PIs: 12
    Conditions: Infiltrator Armor, 3 Tiny Servants (8 hours)

Armariel pulled out his broom again and flew up to stay beside Abigail in the air.
    "That's important information, yes. Also was it just ghouls or other kinds of undead as well.
    Oh, and would you like a ride down from the roof and outside of town while we are at it."

Armariel indicated for Jasper to get on the broom with him.

Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2022-06-29 at 04:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Jasper nods eagerly. "I'd be happy to get out of here! They came at night, so I couldn't see very well, but it sure looked like it was ghouls everywhere. Half time when they injured someone, whoever they clawed would just freeze, and then...." He looks a bit green. "I think I may find a different career."
    Jasperly eagerly hops on the broom, but doesn't seem to be too interested in getting off of it at ground level.

"The next morning a whole pack of them went into the temple and dragged the big bowl-shaped altar out with a bunch of ropes. There were lots of regular ghouls, as well as some that seemed bigger and tougher with grey skin or white skin. I was trying really hard to hide so I didn't get a good look, but I could have sworn I saw someone in heavy armor as well. Ghouls don't usually wear armor, do they?"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground

Thoradin Grimfate
    Dwarf Vengeance Paladin
    AC: 23 HP: 130/130
    PP: 10 PIv: 9 PIs: 15
    Resistance: Poison
    Immunity: Diseases, Frightened, Critical Hits (Adamantine Armor)
    Effects: Death Ward (8 hours), Mounted (Steeltusk), Aura of Protection/Courage

There's a commotion on the roof but Gail appears to be handling it. She is speaking to what looks like a young human man, and calls something down about there being ghouls afoot. Thoradin's grip tightens on his hammer, Stay alert, he says to the others as he looks around.

Show
    If the doors to the inn are open, or there is a hole in the wall somewhere that he can see, Thoradin will use Divine Sense to try and detect the presence of any fiends or undead inside.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Thoradin detects no undead within his range of vision. There's still much of the inn that he can't perceive though, and the whole town carries a faint spiritual odor as a result of the recent death of its inhabitants.
    Spoiler: Divine sense
    Show

The presence of strong evil registers on your senses like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the hallow spell.

So anything inside the inn but blocked from line of effect to you by walls, doors, etc., could not be sensed.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Abigail Klisi
    Halfling Genie Warlock

"Free range ghouls? Scraps, maybe, but by the sounds of it these ones were organised. Probably a necromancer or a vampire or a wight or a lich or a demilich or- well, there's a lot of things it could be." Abigail gently pats Jasper's shoulder. "No harm in a career change. You could go into brewing! I could give you some tips, and people will always want a hard drink. When we're done, I mean. Ghouls come first. Probably best you stay up there until we take them out, unless you want to help out." She gives him another once over. "No offense meant, but you're probably best staying up here."

She'd wait for the others on the ground level to gain the ghoul's attention. She could fire from on high easily enough.

Show

Arcana(?) roll on if ghouls wearing armour does mean anything of note. If another skill would be better, scrap the +5 and just make it a straight d20. (1d20+5)[24]
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Armariel

"I disagree." Armariel said, flying the boy down to the ground. "Ghouls can climb. It's likely best if he leaves the town immediately and goes home. Head straight out, following the tracks of the huge boar - you can't miss them. Along that route it's very unlikely that any undead still hide."

The high elf turned towards his companions with a regal expression:
    "Let's end these foul creatures. If need be, we can burn down the building."

Armariel once again put away the broom and renewed the spell on the ball bearings, turning them again into deadly projectiles.
    Satisfied he closed in on the open door, ready to evade.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm moving while using the dodge action.

12. - Top - End - #42

Thoradin Grimfate
    Dwarf Vengeance Paladin

Thoradin opens his eyes. Apart from the general spiritual stench over the town, he can't detect the presence of ghouls inside, They aint out in the open in there, he says to the others, Either skulking about in some of the rooms, or on the second floor...

He looks back to see Armarial bringing the young man down to the ground on his flying broom. Thoradin pulls the reins and Steeltusk brings him over to Jasper. With all the bedside manner expected of a dwarf avenger, Thoradin grabs the boy's jaw and turns his face from side to side, looking for wounds and abrasions. He pulls the boy forward to check on his back and arms and shoulders to see if the armor has been torn or there is dried blood. Finally, he releases him and fishes a couple of ration from his backpack an his waterskin. He hands the boy the rations then pulls the stopper on his waterskin and hands that to him, When did they come boy? And where did all the townsfolk go? Hardly a corpse to be seen.

Show
    After the interaction, then Thoradin will join Armariel and enter the inn.

Seeing Armariel approach the doors, Thoradin gives a sigh and dismounts the boar. The entrance is not near as wide and tall as the temple doors, and Steeltusk would likely bash into everything inside.

Come if I call, Thoradin says to the boar before meeting up with Armarial to enter the inn, hammer and shield in hand.
    Last edited by Dr.Samurai; 2022-06-30 at 07:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

BlackDragon

Damian Hoster
    AC: 19 HP: 126/126
    Conditions:

Damian smiles a bit about some of his friends habits of rushing forward, but ghouls presumably were not that dangerous, - at least, for their team, - to fully reconnoiter the building. So, agent quietly walks to the entrance, listening, what's happening there.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alive

Ali smiles reassuringly at Jasper as he is checked out by Thoradin, then pats him on the shoulder when the others walk away. With the other hand, they rummage through their bag of holding for a moment before pulling out a tiny idol carved in the horrifying visage of some eldritch horror.

Ali giggles slightly and comments quietly, "Forgot I had this," then looks gravely at Jasper and hands the trinket to him. "Now don't lose this. It might bring you luck, but it will most certainly bring you nightmares, so just let me know if you end up finding Sesame Street, okay?"

Leaving the young man without any answer as to what the hell they're talking about, Ali sends a gentle charge of magical energy through their staff, as a few runes along its length light up dimly in preparation for casting and sets themself up about 50 feet back from the door to the tavern, waiting for the group's frontline bruisers to get into position.
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Jasper gratefully accepts the waterskin, gulping down several mouthfuls almost too quickly. "Two days ago... I assume everybody was killed and either taken or, uh, eaten." Taking the waterskin, the rations, and the eerie-looking idol, he heads out as advised, although looking a bit perplexed at Ali's advice. "Thanks again. What were your names? You know, just in case?"

You realize Jasper means in case he makes it out, and you do not.

Inside

The main room of the inn has a couple of tables knocked aside, but is otherwise empty and bears no signs of struggle. Long, sturdy tables with the sheen of long use and polishing dot the room, bordered by chairs or benches.

The bar at the back has glasses and small kegs of alcohol behind it, and the kitchen door is open behind the bar. There's a side door near the bar (back left) that probably leads to the stables you saw next door. You wouldn't be surprised if the outhouse is that way as well.

At the far right end of the inn, past the table and fireplace, is a set of staircases. One goes up, and the other one (located below it) descends to some sort of basement. Another interior door is next them, and you're pretty sure it leads to the kitchen.

Damian, lurking outside, doesn't hear anything except the thump of his compatriots' footsteps on the floorboards.

Spoiler: map
    Show

Last edited by J-H; 2022-07-02 at 05:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Armariel

"Keep an eye on the stairs while I check the kitchen"
    Armadiel went towards the open kitchen door, shield at the ready, lightning orb gleaming with energy, listening for any sign of an ambush.

Spoiler
    Show

Keeping magic stone charged on the tiny servants

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Armariel moves towards the kitchen door, with Thoradin following a bit behind. The kitchen has several loaves of dough set out in pans that have risen far beyond what they should, spilling out onto the counter, as well as some food that has started to mold and smell. No signs of violence - but Armariel and Thoradin are quickly distracted by the sound of footsteps thumping up the stairs from the basement. It sounds like steps from several people running up the stairs all at once.

Show

Dough may not do that. Not sure.

The top of the stairs for the basement is in V104, just next to Armariel. The top of the stairs to the upper floor is also in V104, but about 12' higher. Representing 2D in 3D is a bit of a challenge.
    If Armariel wants to sidestep into V104, he can look down the stairs and see what's coming up, although they will certainly see him as well.

=>Armariel

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Armariel

Armariel made sure his constructs were ready and stepped forward, facing the downward stairs, a bottle of acid in his hand, ready to fire it into the narrow confines.

"Say hello to my little friends..." he muttered when he saw what was racing up the stairs.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to V104, drawing Acid Vial

Action: Catapult
    Dex save vs 20, (3d8)[16]+(2d6)[6] for the first in line who doesn't make it.

Tiny servants attack with their readied actions

(1d20+8)[27], damage (1d6+6)[10], if crit (1d6+6)[8]
    (1d20+8)[16], damage (1d6+6)[10], if crit (1d6+6)[8]
    (1d20+8)[26], damage (1d6+6)[7], if crit (1d6+6)[8]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Armariel sees a group of ghouls all running up the stairs at him, crowded together. He has a momentary impression of mouths full of needle teeth, fingers elongated into wicked claws, and glares promising death. He fires, then stands his ground. Somehow, all the ghouls dodge his acid flask, although it still impacts against the ceiling and rains acid down on them. The Magic Stones do all land with loud thumps.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dex save (1d20+2)[21] vs DC 20. On fail, 16 bludge + 12 acid damage (double from AOE) Success, acid damage only.
    3 magic stones hit for 27 damage
    Total damage to the mob is 39

Hissing and snarling now that they have a target, the mob of ghouls presses forwards even as a couple of their numbers fall, swarming up and around Armariel, as they slash and him and try to bite him. Luckily, he's heavily armored, and they are unable to land any attacks.
    Spoiler
    Show

This is a Mob rather than a bunch of individual ghouls. Normally it'd be more attacks, but Armariel is in a corner so they're going to make fewer attacks than normal. That's not in the statblock, but makes sense.
    Armariel's speed is reduced by 10' next round because he's starting his turn within the mob. The mob can make OAs.

Mob claw (1d20+4)[11] for (2d4+2)[5] piercing damage. Armariel is an elf, so no paralysis rider.
    Mob claw (1d20+4)[8] for (2d4+2)[4] piercing damage. Armariel is an elf, so no paralysis rider.
    Mob bite (1d20+4)[21] for (2d6+2)[9] piercing damage.
    Mob bite (1d20+4)[12] for (2d6+2)[9] piercing damage.

=> Thoradin
    Last edited by J-H; 2022-07-04 at 07:04 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Thoradin Grimfate
    Dwarf Vengeance Paladin
    Effects: Death Ward (8 hours), Aura of Protection/Courage

Armariel! Thoradin shouts as he sees the half-elf swarmed by ghouls at the top of the cellar stairs. Thoradin strides forward, Moradin's Beard there's a lot o' em! He brings his hammer to bear on the undead, calling out to the others, Look alive, we found the ghouls!

Spoiler: Turn 1
    Show

Move - Move to U-104 (I believe Armariel is in V-104 and the swarm is also in his space)
    Action - Attack the swarm
    Main Attack - (1d20+13)[29]
    Damage - (1d8+8)[10] + Radiant - (1d8)[2]
    Extra Attack - (1d20+13)[29]
    Damage - (1d8+8)[13] + Radiant - (1d8)[4]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Thoradin charges into the mob of ghouls, swinging his hammer right and left. Bones crunch and ghouls shriek with each blow.
    (2 hits for 29 total damage)

=>Abi & Damian

22. - Top - End - #52

BlackDragon

Damian Hoster
    AC: 24 HP: 126/126
    Conditions: Bladesinging

"Or did they find us?" - throws Damian on his way to the enemies. Rapier is ready to try their flesh, even though they were already dead.

Show

Trying to Position so, that Damian is behind the swarm to get advantage and sneak, if possible. 40 ft of movement with Bladesong.
    (1d20+12)[24] - attacking ghoul swarm
    (1d20+12)[24] - attacking ghoul swarm (advantage?)
    (1d8+7)[9] - damage
    (6d6)[24] - sneak

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Abigail Klisi
    Halfling Genie Warlock
    Concentrating: Summon Fey (1 hour)

Abigail couldn't clearly see what was going on, but she could hear it, and she understood it. She brandishes a flower edged in gold and holds it forward, inexpertly incanting a spell that nevertheless sees the wood of the tavern shift and coalesce into the form of a small fairy, carved entirely out of treebark. "Get the undead!" She yells, sending it vanishing off in a flurry of magical and wings that creak with ever flap. It quickly closes the distance, lashing out with a tiny (wooden) sword wreathed in magic. Abi still can't exactly see what's going on, but and she didn't really fancy getting into the building and giving up her flight advantage, but she might have to.

And what was taking Tagar so long?

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move: Fly down to ground level enough to get a line of effect on casting...
    Action: Summon Fey (Fuming) inside the building. Verbal command (no action required) to attack the ghoul swarm.

Fey Actions:
    Bonus Action: Fey Step closer, using any remaining movement required to get into melee with the swarm. 70ft total movement should cover everything required.
    Action: Attack 1: (1d20+13)[30] Fuming Advantage:(1d20+13)[22] Damage: (1d6+8)[14] piercing + (1d6)[2] force.
    Attack 2: (1d20+13)[23] Damage: (1d6+8)[10] piercing + (1d6)[1] force.

In the unlikely event of any crits, some extra d6 rolls: (4d6)[2][3][5][1](11)

Spoiler: Summon Fey Stats
    Show

AC: 17
    HP: 50
    Speed: 40ft
    Str 13 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Con 14 (+2) Int 14 (+2) Wis 11 (+0) Cha 16 (+3)
    Condition Immunities: Charmed
    Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
    Languages: Sylvan, understands the languages you speak
    Proficiency Bonus: +5

Multiattack: 2 attacks
    Shortsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +13, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 + 3 + spell's level (5) piercing, + 1d6 force damage.

Bonus Action:
    Fey Step. The fey magically teleports up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space it can see. Then one of the following effects occurs, based on the fey’s chosen mood.
    Fuming. The fey has advantage on the next attack roll it makes before the end of this turn.

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Abi drops to only 10' above the ground, summoning a wooden fey spirit. It teleports away from the door, and then flutters up to the nearest ghoul in the mob, stabbing for 27 damage. Damian sprints inside, vaulting over a table to arrive near the fey, and striking for 33 points of damage. The ghouls in the mob have been splashed with acid, bludgeoned, and slashed, and several have dropped to the ground.

Spoiler: mechanical notes
    Show

The fey doesn't get advantage as it had to fey step.
    I don't use the flanking houserule.
    The ghoul mob has 6hp. I could reduce it to just 1 ghoul, but again that increases bookkeeping and defeats the point of having it be one creature instead of 9 separate ones. It'll go down before it gets to act again either way.

A pale white ghoul, its body swollen unnaturally with hard muscle, sprints down the stairs. It brings with it a foul stench of rot and decay; those who are familiar with ghouls know that this must be some form of Ghast, although apparently one that's faster and stronger. Cornering at the bottom of the stairs, dashes past Damian, sticking an arm out at shoulder height, knocking the elf on his back as it runs past. The white ghast, passing just out of Damian's reach, attacks the summoned fey.

Spoiler
    Show

Clothesline: If the ghast uses its movement to move within 5’ of an enemy and then away from that enemy in the same turn, it may make an Athletics check (+9) to knock the enemy prone in passing (opposed by the defender’s Athletics or Acrobatics check). The defender may not make an opportunity attack as the ghast moves out of range.
    Doresite Ghast Athletics check (1d20+9)[18] vs Damian (1d20+6)[16] minimum 16 due to Reliable talent unless I miss something. ouch, he's prone

It's a nice shove but also written so the ghast can't take advantage of the prone himself, encouraging movement around the battlefield. Unfortunately for this particular undead, he runs out of movement before he can end up to anything yummy.

Claw (1d20+10)[11] for (1d6+6)[9] slashing, if hits, DC 15 Con save or paralyzed for 1 minute. Fey con (1d20+3)[11] miss
    Claw (1d20+10)[25] for (1d6+6)[10] slashing, if hits, DC 15 Con save or paralyzed for 1 minute. Fey con (1d20+3)[18] hit for 10 damage, con save should be +2, saved anyway
    advantage if fey is paralyzed (1d20+10)[28]
    Bite (1d20+10)[11] for (2d6+6)[16] piercing + (2d6)[9] necrotic miss
    advantage if fey is paralyzed (1d20+10)[21]
    a pair of natural 1s!
    Last edited by J-H; 2022-07-05 at 11:08 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Armariel sees another ghoul, normal-colored but muscled as heavily as any strongman or tribal champion you've ever seen, coming up the stairs (it's actually blocked by the mob since quarters are so tight). It looks up at him with hungry, cunning eyes. Blood stains are all around its mouth.

A second of these greater ghouls descends the stairs, attempting to shred and devour the prone Damian.
    Spoiler
    Show

Damian is immune to paralysis as an elf, good for him.
    Claw (1d20+7)[15] advantage from prone (1d20+7)[11] for (1d6+4)[6] slashing damage
    Claw (1d20+7)[11] advantage from prone (1d20+7)[19] for (1d6+4)[9] slashing damage
    Bite (1d20+7)[19] advantage from prone (1d20+7)[11] for (2d6+4)[11] piercing damage. The victim must make a DC 14 Constitution save against Disease. On a failed save, the victim suffers disadvantage on saving throws against disease, poison, and paralysis until they complete a long rest or are treated with Lesser Restoration or Remove Curse.
    Damian Con save unless I miss something (1d20+8)[28] including +4 from Thoradin's aura of protection

Show

=> Armariel & Ali
    Last edited by J-H; 2022-07-05 at 11:16 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Armadiel drew his sword. At once the room was bathed in radiant, pale light, pushing away the shadows in the room.

Striking at the remaining ghouls in the swarm, he tried to regain some space. The enhanced strength of his belt made his sword carve through the undead like a sickle through wheat.

"Take heart - just keep your elbows close to your sides so they can't get at the big arteries unter your shoulders - it will be fine."

Spoiler
    Show

Attacking the remaining ghouls, prioritizing the one between Thoradin and the Fey. No item interaction left to reload tiny servants
    (1d20+10)[25], damage (1d8+5)[13], if crit (1d8)[4]
    (1d20+10)[27], damage (1d8+5)[13], if crit (1d8)[3]

I'm offering Flash of Genius for a +6 to one save if necessary

Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2022-07-05 at 12:28 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alive

Ali blinks intentionally a few times at the quick development of the battle. "Awfully crowded in there..." they say, extending their mind out to the Ghast as the words reverberate and cacophonize through the ether until they find themselves attempting to burrow into its head.

"Awfully..crowdcrowdedawfullyin therecrowdedin therethere!

And the mind-melting noise is quickly followed up with a soft-spoken, "Wouldn't you rather be somewhere else?" punctuating Ali's sudden flick of the wrist in an attempt to send the Ghast whirling through space-time and end up on the roof of a nearby building.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Casting Mind Sliver toward the Ghast; DC 20 Intelligence Save or take (3d6)[12] Psychic damage and be forced to roll a 1d4 and subtract it from their next Saving Throw.

Then use Quickened Spell to spend 2 Sorcery Points and cast Vortex Warp as a Bonus Action, targeting the same Ghast; DC 20 Constitution Save or be teleported to the roof of the farthest away building that is still within range, if possible a taller one like the church.
    Show

Town Square execution.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Armariel slays the last of the lesser ghouls, then leaps across the table and attacks the white ghast next to the Fey.
    (hit for 13).
    Spoiler: Ghast stench
    Show

Left this out, sorry.
    Foul Stench. Any creature that starts its turn within 15’ of the ghast must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or be Poisoned until the start of its next turn. On a successful saving throw, the creature is immune to this ghast’s stench for 24 hours.
    Pretty sure you'll pass.

Ali moves over, targeting the ghast with a pair of spells. The ghast's eyes bleed slightly, and suddenly it's on the temple roof across the square, about 50' behind Ali and 25' up.
    Spoiler
    Show

Save vs mind Sliver (1d20+2)[12], uses reaction to give itself advantage (not realizing the spell to come is more important) (1d20+2)[11]
    Save vs Vortex Warp (what book is that from) Con save (1d20+3)[7] possibly -(1d4)[3]
    fail, still fail, then fail

=> Thoradin, Abi, Damian
    Last edited by J-H; 2022-07-05 at 03:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Thoradin Grimfate
    Dwarf Vengeance Paladin

More ghouls run down the stairs, including a lighter colored one and a larger one. Damien and a fairy made of wood rush into the inn and one of the ghouls knocks Damien on his back. Armariel finishes of the last of the mob that had swarmed him, and takes a swing at the lighter skinned ghoul. In an instant, the ghoul vanishes, leaving only the greater ghoul over Damien. Thoradin strides over to the undead thing and brings his hammer to bear once again.

Spoiler: Turn 2
    Show
    Move to T-107 (enough movement to walk around the table if leaping onto table and hopping down is too complicated)
    Action - Attack
    Attack - (1d20+13)[23]
    Damage - (1d8+8)[16] + Radiant - (1d8)[5]
    Extra Attack - (1d20+13)[20]
    Damage - (1d8+8)[10] + Radiant - (1d8)[7]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Abigail Klisi
    Halfling Genie Warlock
    Concentrating: Summon Fey (1 hour)

She considers turning on the inn and focusing on the be-rooved ghoul, but it was far away and would probably have its work cut out for it climbing (or falling) down to ground level. The rest of the pack were still a problem right now. Stowing her golden flower she holds forth her magical rod and floats down into the building, curving away from the melee as much as possible. When she swings it in an arc, more wood seems to coalesce from the inn walls, wreathed in the same magic as her fairy's sword. Rather than a razor sharp splinter though, they three wooden 'bolts' are little more than blunt wooden logs. With a final word she urges them forwards, sending the magical wood at the ghouls to force them back down into the depths where they might have an easier time splitting them up. Her fairy follows the attack, adding its slashes to her spell.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move: To I-105.
    Action: Cast Eldritch Blast on GG, who I believe is still up? If it dies, retarget to the next biggest+scariest looking thing. Using Repelling Blast to knock it south-east with each hit 10ft to get it back towards the far wall.
    (1d20+13)[23] Damage: (1d10+5)[12] Force
    (1d20+13)[20] Damage: (1d10+5)[10] Force
    (1d20+13)[23] Damage: (1d10+5)[9] Force

If any of them hit, the target also takes 5 (magical) bludgeoning damage from Genie's Wrath (but only once per turn).

Potential critrolls if necessary: (3d10)[5][3][10](18)

Fey Actions:
    Bonus Action: Fey Step to follow GG- likewise retargeting to the next scariest thing if it dies.
    Action: Attack 1: (1d20+13)[33] Fuming Advantage: (1d20+13)[18] Damage: (1d6+8)[10] piercing + (1d6)[3] force.
    Attack 2: (1d20+13)[23] Damage: (1d6+8)[11] piercing + (1d6)[1] force.

In the unlikely event of any crits, some extra d6 rolls: (4d6)[5][5][2][2](14)

Assuming I did my maths right that was 71 damage in total thanks to the Fey critting on one of the attacks.

Spoiler: Summon Fey Stats
    Show

AC: 17
    HP: 40/50
    Speed: 40ft
    Str 13 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Con 14 (+2) Int 14 (+2) Wis 11 (+0) Cha 16 (+3)
    Condition Immunities: Charmed
    Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
    Languages: Sylvan, understands the languages you speak
    Proficiency Bonus: +5

Multiattack: 2 attacks
    Shortsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +13, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 + 3 + spell's level (5) piercing, + 1d6 force damage.

Bonus Action:
    Fey Step. The fey magically teleports up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space it can see. Then one of the following effects occurs, based on the fey’s chosen mood.
    Fuming. The fey has advantage on the next attack roll it makes before the end of this turn.

Last edited by Amnestic; 2022-07-05 at 04:57 PM.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC