New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Default 5e Sorcerer Origin: Spellmastery

Not exactly sure how I’ll implement this yet but the idea is that your origin is tied to wizardry, but instead of a school of spells and themed abilities there’s a very small subset of spells you know that always get certain metamagicesque bumps.

So at level 1 you choose proficiency bonus spells known which you have mastered.

PBxLR you can apply a metamagic you know or one of the following options

damaging spells can always target/affect objects and always do double damage or Max damage to objects.

The manifestation of the spell fills an area with motes of Eldritch energy that heavily obscure PB creatures you choose until the beginning of your next turn.

Additional options, like roll a hit die to cast a spell L1-L5 without a slot if the die result is higher than the spell level. If the result is lower, add the die to the damage of the spell.

More on this if the idea crystallizes.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: 5e Sorcerer Origin: Spellmastery

A while back in one of the subclass homebrew contests I submitted a sorcerer subclass called "the savant", a sorcerer closer to a wizard conceptually, representing someone with a uniquely ordered mind, a natural affinity for a particular school of magic. As I recall it wasn't very popular, but maybe it would be of interest to you.

EDIT: it's here. https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24706725&postcount=9
    Last edited by Damon_Tor; 2022-07-02 at 12:39 PM.