New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Wolf Coin: A Dresden Files Mafia Game

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post

The first body found was a woman in a dark robe, who had evidently been killed by magic in a similar manner to Harry Dresden.

The second body was a balding and bespectacled man, with an entry wound in his chest the size of some sort of small fruit and a considerably larger exit wound in his back. [/I]

AvatarVecna has died, they were Kumori.

Spoiler: Role Description
    Show
    You are Kumori, a mysterious necromancer of unclear allegiances (but for the sake of this game, a loyal member of town).
    • Chatting with the spirits: You have access to the Deadchat and may post there while still alive, if you wish to.
    • Channelling the spirits: Once per game, you may pick one character power of an available dead character and gain it as your own for the rest of the game.

No Denarius was found on the body.

Rogan has died, they were Samuel Peabody.

Spoiler: Role Description
    Show
    You are Samuel Peabody, a far too influential clerk working for the Senior Council.
    • I handle the paperwork: Your vote always count as two votes.
    • Mind-controlling ink: Once per game, you can add an additional 10 votes when deciding who to lynch.

No Denarius was found on the body.
    Yeah, the first body is definitely meant to be AV, and "similar to Harry Dresden" implies wolf kill since Harry was BCH and N0 death, which is normally a wolf kill flavour-wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Okay, so:
    We're in D2.
    The big events from D1 are that Cao got a vote count wrong and people started drawing lines as to whether or not that was wolfy. Meta and AV had a spirited discussion about Flat_Footed, with Meta thinking he was a wolf, but Flat flipped villager.

Bladescape defended his personal honor and called me, specifically, a wolf. Then died horribly with money in his pocket which makes him evil. But the money might be counterfeit?
    Am I missing anything?
    Meta was arguing against AV's case on flat. And I don't recall bladescape calling you a wolf given you weren't actually playing. Also stuff happened with people wolfreading gac's weird logic. And there was a me/bladescape/flat three-way tie for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Have unvoted Caoimhin. Though noting I disagree with Rogan being a wolf. I don't know the Dresden Files enough to speculate with any amount of confidence on how likely godfathers are, but I'm sure Rogan in particular is not one.

I have no wolfreads. Well, no, there's Xumtiil but I don't really want to commit to that rn. Skimmed through Jeen and not feeling particularly enthusiastic about killing them. Had them as nullish in my N1 ISO and what they've said today doesn't change that much.

Hmm.

Townleans: Metastachydium, Farmerbink

Even weaker townlean: CaoimhinTheCape

Townlean for reasons I can't articulate that might just be not liking the case against them: gac3

Only just arrived: Xihirli, Togo

Book Wombat: Book Wombat
    Exists but hasn't done much: Zelphas

Null: JeenLeen

Maybe wolflean but I don't want to actually commit to killing them because I'll feel terrible if I'm wrong: Xumtiil

Idiot who doesn't realise the reason there's only ten players on her reads list is that the eleventh is herself: Snowblaze

Can I get people's thoughts on Xumtiil? Are my points against them valid? Why/why not?
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Can I get people's thoughts on Xumtiil? Are my points against them valid? Why/why not?
    I kinda get your case against them but most of the posts you label as NAI which doesn't necessarily convince me to vote them. I don't have the issue with calling out and voting gac as a Day 1 wagon (even if I'm leaning town on gac now) but am not interested in gac as a Day 2 wagon. I don't think I'll end up joining you there but my town lean isn't as strong as it was Day 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna go through the Day 1 voting and use colors. With 4 flips I'm hoping to see something or at least have it as a reference for later.

Spoiler: Votes
    Show

Rogan: flat_footed
    No Votes: Valmark, AvatarVecna, bladescape, Xumtiil, gac3, Book Wombat, Snowblaze, JeenLeen, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo, Rogan

flat_footed: AvatarVecna
    No Votes: Valmark, bladescape, Xumtiil, gac3, Book Wombat, Snowblaze, JeenLeen, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo, Rogan

Book: Rogan
    No Votes: Valmark, bladescape, Xumtiil, gac3, Book, Snowblaze, JeenLeen, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo

Book: Rogan, gac3
    No Votes: Valmark, bladescape, Xumtiil, Book, Snowblaze, JeenLeen, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo

Snowblaze: bladescape
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, Snowblaze, JeenLeen, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo

bladescape: Snowblaze
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, JeenLeen, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, JeenLeen
    bladescape: Snowblaze
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, JeenLeen
    bladescape: Snowblaze, Zelphas
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, JeenLeen, CaoimhinTheCape
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Togo

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, JeenLeen, CaoimhinTheCape
    Snowblaze: bladescape, Metastachydium
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, Farmerbink, Togo

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, JeenLeen, CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, Togo

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink
    CaoimhinTheCape: JeenLeen

Book: Rogan, gac3, flat_footed

Book: Rogan, gac3, flat_footed
    Metastachydium: Book
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Togo

Xumtiil: flat_footed
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Togo

Valmark: Valmark
    No Votes: Xumtiil, Togo

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, Xumtiil
    No Votes: Togo

Snowblaze: bladescape, Metastachydium, Xumtiil

Book: gac3
    bladescape: Snowblaze, Zelphas, Rogan

CaoimhinTheCape: JeenLeen, gac3

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, bladescape
    Snowblaze: Metastachydium, Xumtiil
    CaoimhinTheCape: JeenLeen, gac3

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, bladescape, JeenLeen
    Snowblaze: Metastachydium, Xumtiil
    CaoimhinTheCape: gac3

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, bladescape, JeenLeen
    Snowblaze: Metastachydium
    gac3: Xumtiil

flat_footed: CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, bladescape, JeenLeen
    gac3: Xumtiil, AvatarVecna

flat_footed: CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, bladescape, JeenLeen
    gac3: Xumtiil, AvatarVecna, Rogan

flat_footed: CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, JeenLeen
    gac3: Xumtiil, AvatarVecna, Rogan, bladescape

flat_footed: CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, JeenLeen, Snowblaze
    bladescape: Zelphas
    gac3: Xumtiil, AvatarVecna, Rogan, bladescape

flat_footed: CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, JeenLeen, Snowblaze, Rogan
    gac3: Xumtiil, AvatarVecna, bladescape

flat_footed: CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, JeenLeen, Snowblaze, Rogan
    gac3: Xumtiil, AvatarVecna, bladescape

Yeah, so the Wolf!Rogan theory looks a lot less likely, now that I've realized he was the 3rd/4th votes on blade.

Maybe more analysis on this later (if there is any) but I find it interesting that gac moves his vote to me to make it flat-3 snow-3 blade 3* Cape-2. Then blade moves his vote to flat (for a split of flat-4 snow-2 blade-3* Cape-2) and then Jeen also moves to flat (split of flat-5 snow-2 blade-3* Cape-1). I'm gonna unpair gac and Jeen for now, if they were wolves with blade I assume they would have coordinated differently.

Also, gonna give the most minor of town points to Zelphas for sticking on blade all day. If I have to decide between any of the "ehh, not enough posts to decide" group then I'll give Zelphas the benefit there.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    The short version is that I also received a "You receive no information from your action," and was very surprised by that. I feel... perhaps a bit better, knowing that the townies have recovered from this sort of deficit before, though my initial read was less optimistic.

Sorry, any more clear of an answer could be... reckless.
    That makes sense and sounds reasonable. It's a tough balance between sharing info that might help, and giving away too much info that might help wolves or point a target on yourself.
    Keep in mind most powers can't target the same person twice, so if you want to use your power on the same person tonight, it should probably work.

I find Xumtiil hard to read, but he feels like he felt when Town in the recent AV game.

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Do you mind sharing what you thought would be useful info?

And yeah, I've been here for a while and lately the pace has been really hard for me to keep up with - it's a learning curve and definitely comes and goes.

I'm not sure I understand how your power is related to gac's lack of result?
    This sorta feels like a wolf digging for more info. I'm not going to answer, because I don't want to give away the specifics of my power, but I asked Batcathat and he said the response gac3 gave is what should happen if he targeted me.
    I do find it reasonable that gac3 and Cao suspect me, but I'm gonna lean CaoimhinTheCape.

I've read through this Day's chat, but not everything from D1 or N1. Hope to do that after catch up on work a bit. The AV/Meta argument looks interesting, but it's a lot to read.

- - - Updated - - -

Townleans on gac3, Farmerblink. Sorta townish feel on Snowblaze, Metastachyium, and Xumtiil, but not based on much.

I did have an idea of being against Farmerblink that I wrote it about 5 hours ago--didn't post then since I wanted to see what if anything he would post--but based on what Farmerblink posted since then, I don't think it's true. I'm gonna put below anyhow.
    Spoiler: probably not true
    Show

*squints suspiciously*

Not at you gac. At... everything.
    ::squints suspiciously at Farmerbink::

When I was first responding to Farmerbink's note about not being sure about playing, I had a thought along the lines of "You should keep playing because almost dropping out gives you a ton of towncred. No way a wolf (especially given your reasons) would drop this game at this state." It quickly followed with how that's unfair to wolves, then that quickly followed with "UNLESS... you're a wolf intending to keep playing, and this IS a gambit to gain towncred."
    So, since there's no mechanical reason or (as far as I can tell) strong analysis reason* to be suspicious of anyone: <here I was voting him>

Note: one mistake I made when town is thinking of a cool gambit a wolf might do and voting assuming they did it, on the chance something works and then I look really clever for realizing it.
    *haven't reread fully. I know I keep repeating this, but it's been a really odd weekend.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2022-07-11 at 03:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

@Batcathat if you try to target someone and fail can you then try to target them with the same power the next night phase?

(I initially read Jeen as saying "most powers can't target the same person twice, so trying to target the same person twice should work" but then realised it actually makes sense if the answer to the above is "yes".)

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

@Batcathat if you try to target someone and fail can you then try to target them with the same power the next night phase?

(I initially read Jeen as saying "most powers can't target the same person twice, so trying to target the same person twice should work" but then realised it actually makes sense if the answer to the above is "yes".)
    To my embarrassment (and probably to hurt to my towncred), I think this was answered in Recruitment and I actually asked it. And his answer was "no, you can't target them again".
    But good to get confirmation again.

Of course I can't prove it, but this was a mistake on my part, not trying to get a townie to waste their action.

BUT if Farmerblink's power is a rare one that can target the same person multiple nights, whoever they targeted last night probably can't evade it again.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hm. The lean, delicate figure begins circling the bodies with the measured caution of a weathered predator. So many pretty words. Too many pretty thoughts. The figure looks straight into Kumori's now exposed face. It is so clear now and so calm. Levis sit ei terra. How much of that can we still afford, before the last of us, moribundus, gemet fuimus? High winds sweep the sands away, not trickling water or the sound of a small voice. Kumori understood that. Ramirez didn't. What killed him, was silence. What killed her was fear. There's much to be told about her death still – but let us not be hasty. The cold, heavy gaze flicks upwards and settles on a robed wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Hah, my greatest flaw? You misunderstand. You are the flawed.
    All of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    And Superbia. Pride. Harum regionum incolae habebant id quondam vitium esse, and a major one at that, as you surely know yourself. Septem Mala! The Seven Ills as De Coster would say. But, you see, most things have more than one face, and often enough certainly more than quam Hostis fert ac quo Hostis fertur. The Seven Ills – and the Circle. Winter and Spring. The Giant and the Cup. And against them, himself of two faces, ille Princeps Veris et Pallidus Arbiter. The lean figure sits down again nodding to themselves. But you never struck me as one who wouldn't find such musings on ethics, Right and Wrong, Good and Ill of much interest. You might find them insipid, as they often are. Don't you, now? the figure looks at the Wombat staring intently from under the hood. Let us talk of other things, perhaps, things that certainly intigue me more. Who is all of us?
    We had quite the night, Wombat. Distractions abound where the mowing devils reap. But my question still stands, and I am as curious as I were, if not moreso. Where would you draw that line? Who is all of us?

That would make sense, but using a power like that on Day One? I can't see any obvious reason to target bladescape (did I miss something?), so I have some doubt it's a one-shot unless we have a Serial Killer. I really dunno.
    Hm. How would you rate the likelihood of that? And why would a one shot kill appeal to the Killer?

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Alternatively, I could see a 1-shot day-vig.
    I'm inclined to concur; but we shall see.

Maybe it's paranoia but I'm wondering if blade was aware of Rogan's double vote and moved there to both cover it (so gac was actually in the lead) and/or take advantage of it (even if someone else voted for flat, gac would be lynched at 5). I'm sure there's the possibility of wolves not having a coin (in a godfather type role) so I'm a little wary to trust every flip.
    I'm with Snowblaze at this one, even as the very thought of consorting with her makes my stomach turn. Rogan struck me as fairly constructive in all ways. Your raw data points in the same direction. As for Blade, I struggle to see how he could have been aware of the Peabody Powerset before Rogan flipped, assuming we dismiss the godfather theory. The counterfeit coins are confirmed to be a hint at his Denarian abilities and are hard to reconcile with the idea that he had some manner of (limited?) seer ability.

Theories:
    • Every power set in the game is given to 2 people, but doesn't necessarily correlate to alignment.
    • The Wolves have copies of Town powers, plus an extra power each.
    Powers don't correlate to alignment and the dogs get something something extra besides standard powers. That much is clear.

I'm not sure what to say with regard to idea of "all powersets are doubled", but personally, I hope otherwise.

His Day 1 activity doesn't amount to much beyond the musings about gac. How much credit he deserves, therefore is in no small part a function of who gac is and what gac wants. On that, I am of two minds, but I shall look into it if time allows for that.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-07-11 at 11:36 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

To my embarrassment (and probably to hurt to my towncred), I think this was answered in Recruitment and I actually asked it. And his answer was "no, you can't target them again".
    But good to get confirmation again.
    This was indeed answered in the recruitment thread but to reiterate, unless otherwise noted you can't target the same person with the same power two nights in a row.

8. - Top - End - #218

This was indeed answered in the recruitment thread but to reiterate, unless otherwise noted you can't target the same person with the same power two nights in a row.
    Ah, majestic! I misremembered that one. Thought one cannot use the same power two times in a row.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

His Day 1 activity doesn't amount to much beyond the musings about gac. How much credit he deserves, therefore is in no small part a function of who gac is and what gac wants. On that, I am of two minds, but I shall look into it if time allows for that.
    I believe I am a warden and want justice?

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm not sure what to say with regard to idea of "all powersets are doubled", but personally, I hope otherwise.
    My guess is that the necromancer was on both teams for balance purposes, but that the other powers aren't copied. Unless we get evidence otherwise.

One of my powers is almost useless to Town as it just spreads misinformation. Like, I can mess up watcher/tracker results by adding misinfo to it. I don't plan to use that power. It's a good wolf power, though.
    My other power is good for either faction.
    Based on that, I reckon the powers were all assigned randomly (or mostly randomly, maybe necro forced on both teams), but RNG then decided which were wolves.

At first, I wasn't going to share this about my power, but:
    *if the wolves are copies of our powers (and they got a copy of mine), they know enough to guess mine from what I've already said
    *if they aren't, then me saying this doesn't help them

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

I must admit I've been keeping quiet largely because only two things can happen. Either I accuse someone who is a Denarian, and they target me. Or I don't and take attention away from someone who is.

Well, that, and I'm in another timezone.

But that reasoning makes for a terrible game, so let's go with the rampant speculation.

I agree with some of the points raised, but there's one that sticks out to me. Metastachydium. There's been lot of analysis about whether accusations against flat were accurate or not, which is fine, but to my mind is irrelevent. Avatar_Vecna was the only one who put in a serious amount of speculation as to whether Meta was a Denarian or not, and then ends up dead. Yes their discussion was chivalrous and contained and fruitful and so on, which would all be relevent if we were discussing their virtues as posters, but we're not. The only person who cast shade on Meta got ripped apart. It's about the only solid I reason I can see to be suspicious of anyone.

So yeah, Metastachydium

On another note, why are people referring to 'townies' and 'wolves' in game set in Harry Dreseden's Chicago? This game is variously known as Mafia, Werewolf, Zombie, Cultist and so on. And the Dresdenverse contains both wolves and werewolves as characters (and organised crime and cultists and zombies), some of whom we might be playing as characters. Am I the only to find that confusing?

A cowled figure rises. If you must have words from me than you shall have them. And since an accusation is inevitable, then I shall make one. It is not through my powers, but through my intellect and will, that I act.

But we are fools to squabble amongst ourselves. Whatever other differences we have between us, it is the Denarians that should consume our full attention.

Beneath the heavy cowl a faint beat can be heard. Boom-boom-boom-boom-boom...
    Last edited by Togo; 2022-07-11 at 11:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    On another note, why are people referring to 'townies' and 'wolves' in game set in Harry Dreseden's Chicago? This game is variously known as Mafia, Werewolf, Zombie, Cultist and so on. And the Dresdenverse contains both wolves and werewolves as characters (and organised crime and cultists and zombies), some of whom we might be playing as characters. Am I the only to find that confusing?
    Town is the general term for "good guys" and wolves/scum for "bad guys".
    It can get confusing sometimes (like one game had "villagers" (Town), "witches" (wolves), and a werewolf (serial killer neutral). So the wolf wasn't a wolf and the wolves weren't a wolf. ^_^)

- - - Updated - - -

And "serial killer" is a neutral whose job is to kill everybody else. Rarely with the exception of letting some neutral(s) survive.
    Survivor a neutral who wins just by staying alive until game ends.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

For what it's worth, flat and I have near identical roles.

14. - Top - End - #224

I agree with some of the points raised, but there's one that sticks out to me. Metastachydium. There's been lot of analysis about whether accusations against flat were accurate or not, which is fine, but to my mind is irrelevent. Avatar_Vecna was the only one who put in a serious amount of speculation as to whether Meta was a Denarian or not, and then ends up dead. Yes their discussion was chivalrous and contained and fruitful and so on, which would all be relevent if we were discussing their virtues as posters, but we're not. The only person who cast shade on Meta got ripped apart. It's about the only solid I reason I can see to be suspicious of anyone.

So yeah, Metastachydium
    Lovely! I appreciate the vote of confidence. People will sometimes forget I'm even here when I'm not yelling at someone. Still, you know, why would I do that? Half AV's reason to suspect me was the idea that I'm protecting my scumbuddy. But flat wasn't a Denarian. The otherf half was something anout my arguments being too stupid for me to be pro-Council, but I addressed these points and people weren't switching over to me in droves. Like you said, AV's death makes me more suspicious and not less. How's that good for me (barring Vizzini nonsense)?

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Current leanings:

Meta, Snow town. Meta for the Meta/AV talk, Snow for feeling like solvy-Snow.

Null: Xihimark, Togo, for not having participated a lot yet. Probably both town but I'm not going to exclude the possibility that wolves were limping along with one man down. The Wombat, for being Book Wombat.

Denarisus: Zelphas, Caoimhin, JeenLeen, FarmerBink and Gac. Most of this is simply gut, but there is one thing I want to add:

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    NGL, I had to stop and see if I was a warden and I think the answer is no? Really bad at remembering the details of this character. Really tempted to just ramble what details I know about my character but I'm sure to anyone with Google it would give it away.
    I believe I am a warden and want justice?
    Which one is it, Gac? The google is pretty straightforward on whether or not you're a warden, so this confusion is suspicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

16. - Top - End - #226

My guess is that the necromancer was on both teams for balance purposes, but that the other powers aren't copied. Unless we get evidence otherwise.

One of my powers is almost useless to Town as it just spreads misinformation. Like, I can mess up watcher/tracker results by adding misinfo to it. I don't plan to use that power. It's a good wolf power, though.
    Hm. Well, I appreciate your honesty, but given the nature of this power of yours and that

I'm beginning to worry that Bat doesn't really care about what I hope to be true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    Which one is it, Gac? The google is pretty straightforward on whether or not you're a warden, so this confusion is suspicious.
    Nice catch, I must say.

17. - Top - End - #227

There's some proof now.

I made the vote count below but we have about 24 hours to go and no wagons with more than one vote. I'm comfortable enough with my vote on Jeen but I'm open to switching... I just don't particularly like any of the other options out there right now.

Vote Count
    JeenLeen: CaoimhinTheCape
    Togo: Farmerbink
    Metastachydium: Togo

No Vote: Valmark/Xihirli, gac3, Book Wombat, Snowblaze, Metastachydium, Zelphas

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I don't necessarily think AV kill is suspicious for Meta, wolves would presumably have known from bladescape that they were the other necromancer which is a decent reason to want them dead. Togo's reasoning makes sense though.

gac's claim checks out with them saying switching the lynch to them wouldn't have mattered, and is probably true regardless of alignment.

There's an odd number of players so all roles can't come in pairs. I'd guess that there's hence either one or three neutrals.

Xumtiil, can you talk about why Farmerbink is wolfy?

I'm still mulling over what Jeen's partial claim means for their alignment, currently thinking it's decently towny.

I will find a wolfread. Eventually. Maybe.

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Once more, the prodigiously tall wizard clears his through. His gloved hand points directly at Metastachydium. In a deep baritone, he rumbles. "You. There is much talk, but empty of reason. Your actions pair you and Xumtiil with Mortimer (Bladescape)- the fool that he was. Were you blinded by ambition? Swayed by the honeyed words of the Fallen? Or have you taken a coin already for yourselves? Explain yourselves lest you join him in his fate."

Spoiler: lotsa OOC, some SUPER OOC
    Show
    I wanted to comment here, I don't get a Dresden werewolf vibe from anyone (though there's limited RP and apparently occasionally limited setting knowledge, so not super relevant).

BUT- the Dresden werewolves that have names are nearly universally Good guys. They are among the least ambiguous of Good Guys, essentially being college kids with a one-trick-pony skill that they have used to radically clean up their little neck of the metaphorical Chicago woods.

Back on topic, I don't have especially conclusive evidence, but a strongly developing hunch for a Meta/Xum Denarian pairing. Xum has talked a lot, cast lots of shade, and to my perception enjoyed largely staying out of the limelight. Add to that there was a long time, in-game, that the two of them voted alongside Bladescape and you have the makings of... well, potentially lots of hearsay. Still, it smells fishy to me.

Also, I've made it clear I have potentially significant information. I kinda wish I was a denarian, but Xum eying me feels more like trying to nip the proverbial bud than a genuine wolf lean (I think that's how the cool kids say it? XD).

Still, obviously my vote for Togo was (explicitly) a garbage toss, and I'm going to join him in voting for Metastachydium

20. - Top - End - #230
    Barbarian in the Playground

We had quite the night, Wombat. Distractions abound where the mowing devils reap. But my question still stands, and I am as curious as I were, if not moreso. Where would you draw that line? Who is all of us?
    Those who have fallen to the corruption of the darkness are not worthy members of our council.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

21. - Top - End - #231

Vote: Book Wombat

Please comment on the game or give some sort of read.

Vote Count
    Book Wombat: CaoimhinTheCape
    Metastachydium: Togo, Farmerbink

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Missed this one.

I was interpreting the "him" in "this seems off for him" as being Caoimhin rather than you, gac. Jeen, can you confirm which one of us is correct?
    I meant it seemed off for Cao. That many mistakes, especially on a voteccount.
    Though, thinking back, doesn't seem super wolfy in retrospect. Enough for a D1 vote, but nothing I'd put much weight on now as it could easily be innocent mistakes.

Something still feels a touch off for Cao, but could be just little info to go on and most folk I have an opinon on seem towny.
    Been having trouble making time to reread (or just read) all of D1, but trying to stay up on D2 movements.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

There's some proof now.

I made the vote count below but we have about 24 hours to go and no wagons with more than one vote. I'm comfortable enough with my vote on Jeen but I'm open to switching... I just don't particularly like any of the other options out there right now.

Vote Count
    JeenLeen: CaoimhinTheCape
    Togo: Farmerbink
    Metastachydium: Togo

For the record by almost identical, I mean everything except the name.

Also I know you already moved but I'm happy turning Jeenleen into a wagon. Their claim/responses hasn't made me any more likely to believe them so far.
    Last edited by gac3; 2022-07-11 at 02:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Xumtiil, can you talk about why Farmerbink is wolfy?
    I will never find cryptic bastardry not wolfy.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I know you already moved but I'm happy turning Jeenleen into a wagon. Their claim/responses hasn't made me any more likely to believe them so far.
    Don't forget to bold votes
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

I will never find cryptic bastardry not wolfy.
    Aw, shucks. Love you too, Pookie.

((Though tbh, I would probably feel the same, I still like you for a Denarian))

26. - Top - End - #236

Those who have fallen to the corruption of the darkness are not worthy members of our council.
    The robed one earns a smirk and a scoff for his trouble. Such as Peabody? He died for this Council. Who else? The lean figure turns to face the tall wizard. Me, perhaps?

Once more, the prodigiously tall wizard clears his through. His gloved hand points directly at Metastachydium. In a deep baritone, he rumbles. "You. There is much talk, but empty of reason. Your actions pair you and Xumtiil with Mortimer (Bladescape)- the fool that he was. Were you blinded by ambition? Swayed by the honeyed words of the Fallen? Or have you taken a coin already for yourselves? Explain yourselves lest you join him in his fate."
    You are as bold as the other is proud. You may hide them under those pretentious gloves of yours, but I can see the blood of Ramirez on your hands, young one. I can smell it. I saw you stand by Lindqvist against him, but I struggle to recall your reason to call for the Warden's head so doggedly.

(I'm a wagon! A LEADING wagon!)

- - - Updated - - -

I see.

Do you plan to answer Xumtiil's question? I for one would appreciate a clarification on the exact nature of your function. Provided you share a powerset with flat, your being a warden would certainly make sense, much unlike your earlier comment contradicting that claim.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

The robed one earns a smirk and a scoff for his trouble. Such as Peabody? He died for this Council. Who else? The lean figure turns to face the tall wizard. Me, perhaps?

You are as bold as the other is proud. You may hide them under those pretentious gloves of yours, but I can see the blood of Ramirez on your hands, young one. I can smell it. I saw you stand by Lindqvist against him, but I struggle to recall your reason to call for the Warden's head so doggedly.

(I'm a wagon! A LEADING wagon!)

- - - Updated - - -

I see.

Do you plan to answer Xumtiil's question? I for one would appreciate a clarification on the exact nature of your function. Provided you share a powerset with flat, your being a warden would certainly make sense, much unlike your earlier comment contradicting that claim.
    Unsure what questions or earlier contradictory comments you mean.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

You are Carlos Ramirez, a Warden of the White Council
    Another reason why I'm confused about Gac's inability to tell if he's a Warden, btw, is that you get told you're a warden in your role PM.

Like, I'm not convinced it's not all just Gac Weirdness (tm), but I find that there's a lot of it.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Another reason why I'm confused about Gac's inability to tell if he's a Warden, btw, is that you get told you're a warden in your role PM.

Like, I'm not convinced it's not all just Gac Weirdness (tm), but I find that there's a lot of it.
    Oh I'm a warden. I think I joked about it earlier. That was just a soft claim

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Post doesn't quote quotes but this one, Gac
    Last edited by Xumtiil; 2022-07-11 at 02:59 PM. Reason: missing ]