New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Wolf Coin: A Dresden Files Mafia Game

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I believe I am a warden and want justice?
    You asked what I was and what I want. I'm a warden and I believe I want justice.

- - - Updated - - -

The justice part was the unsure part. I might just want to beat up Harry Dresden from what I remember.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Y'know, if some of our roles are duplicated amongst the wolves, then maybe we should test that by eliminating someone with a role that a townie has.
    gac3

I am Aleron LeFortier, a skilled illusionist and member of the Senior Council.
    Like I said, if the wolves have my power, then they can guess the other one. So giving this fluff shouldn't reveal anything extra.

- - - Updated - - -

To note: I still get a wolfy feel from Cao and a townish feel from gac3, but there's not much justifying either of those feels.
    I'm not on my best game this game (or at least this Day of it), so no hard feelings if folk shift to a wagon on me.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2022-07-11 at 09:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mostly gut feeling, but am suspicious of both Metastachydium and CaoimhinTheCape. Dunno.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Suddenly...

With the bodies piling up, emotions are running wild and the accusations fly freely. At the center of it all is the Merlin himself, leader of the White Council and a very respected, if not always liked, person. But just as he's in the middle of making himself a sandwich, he falls over. Dead, with not a mark on him.

CaoimhinTheCape has died, they were Arthur Langtry.

Spoiler: Role Description
    Show
    You are Arthur Langtry, better known as the Merlin, the harsh but occasionally fair leader of the White Council.
    • Politician: Your vote always count as two votes.
    • I'm in charge here: Once per game, you can add an additional 10 votes when deciding who to lynch.

No Denarius was found on the body.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Avatar_Vecna was the only one who put in a serious amount of speculation as to whether Meta was a Denarian or not, and then ends up dead. Yes their discussion was chivalrous and contained and fruitful and so on, which would all be relevent if we were discussing their virtues as posters, but we're not. The only person who cast shade on Meta got ripped apart. It's about the only solid I reason I can see to be suspicious of anyone.
    This is actually a very fair point I think, and something to consider. Meta might not be as town as I think, and AV did unpair flat/meta w/w at some point. Flat flipping town does not mean Meta is off the hook, will need to keep an eye out.

- - - Updated - - -

And that answers the question "Are there town with the same powers". They're identical to Rogan's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    I'm finally able to post again, and four are dead, only one a wolf. Good Lord, that was bad timing for IRL to suddenly get ludicrous.

I saw in my skim that someone had a question for me; I'll answer it tomorrow, I want to get a post up showing that I am still alive.

No vote yet today; I need to actually read what's happening.
    You ok there Zelphas? Poke.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    And that answers the question "Are there town with the same powers". They're identical to Rogan's.
    Spoiler: OOC probably mostly useless stream of consciousness
    Show
    But Rogan was also town, no? That's two people without coins (which it has been suggested is not necessarily the same thing as 'town') with both powers identical.

Is that relevant? Honestly, I kinda don't think so. It could be, but I'm not exactly sure how. That said, there's been a lot of speculation that the Denarians get an extra power? We did not see a third power on Bladescape/Mortimer Lindquist, though he did have coins. He also had the fake coins. Was his a fake? And would we know if they used their secondary power? Maybe it wasn't at all random who got lynched?

*headache*

I should probably stop making noise without useful contributions...

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    Spoiler: OOC probably mostly useless stream of consciousness
    Show
    But Rogan was also town, no? That's two people without coins (which it has been suggested is not necessarily the same thing as 'town') with both powers identical.

Is that relevant? Honestly, I kinda don't think so. It could be, but I'm not exactly sure how. That said, there's been a lot of speculation that the Denarians get an extra power? We did not see a third power on Bladescape/Mortimer Lindquist, though he did have coins. He also had the fake coins. Was his a fake? And would we know if they used their secondary power? Maybe it wasn't at all random who got lynched?

*headache*

I should probably stop making noise without useful contributions...
    It is relevant in the sense that someone claiming the same powers does not [I]necessarily/I] have to be a wolf. Also, all your speculations (and your roleplay posts!) are very welcome. They provide insight in how you think, and knowing how you think helps other people understand you and also provides us with perspectives we might not have considered, helping us solve.

------------------------------

Book Wombat
    Farmerbink
    gac3
    JeenLeen
    Metastachydium
    Snowblaze
    Togo
    Xihirli
    Xumtiil
    Zelphas

Likely 3 wolves left in the above list.

Likely candidates in no particular order:
    Farmerbink (cryptic, but that's it)
    Gac (doing gac-y stuff)
    JeenLeen (gut)
    Meta (pushing AV's buttons to look towny)
    Zelphas (flying under the radar)
    (Togo?)

Book I'm leaving alone for now because of reasons, which I'll share the next game day.

Snow has been helping solve quite well, and I don't feel like she's pushed any town kills.

Togo and Xihirli, I simply don't think are wolves because they took too long to come to the game - Although still a bit suspect as Togo claims to have wanted to fly under the radar, and Xihirli is taking over from Valmark who, nominally at least, was present at the start. I'll need to see more activity from them.
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

You ok there Zelphas? Poke.
    Mentally exhausting weekend. Finally have some time to myself. Expect preliminary reads and my vote in the next two hours, or profuse apologies; absolute guarantee that all of that wil lbe up before the end of day. People are dying really fast in this game, and still only one wolf. I don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! Made it in in under an hour!

Spoiler: Preliminary D2 Reads
    Show
    Flat_footed: Town. Dead.

Valmark—no, Xihirli: too new to this game to read anything yet. Leaning town due to that, or possible neutral without a kill power.

Bladescape: Denarian. Dead.

Xumtiil: First vote was OMGUS, but immediately switched out of that. Their current focus on Gac makes me think that they might have a neutral executioner-like role (and there’s a Dresden Files character that could fit that role if it exists), but I could also see town. Either way, null, not leaning scum at the moment.

Gac3: Lots of posts, but not much solid info in each. Their last role statement suggests that they’re the character I thought that Xumtiil might be, which muddies things. Mild scumlean; if they die and flip town, Xumtiil looks moderately scummier.

Book Wombat: Almost nothing… but more than me. Their suspicion of CaomhintheCape immediately before the latter’s death is odd, but I’m not sure if that’s scummy or just terrible timing. Null.

Snowblaze: first post was OMGUS, just noting that. Other than that, they’ve been active in driving discussion and sussing out reads. Slight townlean; I think I townlean everyone who gives me information.

JeenLeen: Pointed out possible “distancing” on two characters who both flipped town, which isn’t the best look. I have the very vaguest of scumleans based on the feeling that they are saying a fair amount of words without much information.

Metastachydium: The argument with AvatarVecna Day 1 suggests either opposite teams (Meta scum) or unknowing teams (Meta town), which lands at null for me from that. Nothing they’ve said makes me lean town, but the accusations against them are from people who I’m iffy on, which has an indirect effect. Uncomfortable null lean.

Farmerbink: I enjoy the roleplay from them, and they seem like a new player working to help out town and get adjusted to the Playground meta. Townlean for the moment; they’re new, so I might just be unable to read them.

Zelphas: I’m town.

CaoimhintheCape: Town. Dead. (too many of that note here already…)

Togo: Latecomer to things. In re-reading their posts, I find their reasoning more sound than I remember for their Metastachydium vote, which shades Meta a little bit scummier in my eyes. Slight townlean on Togo, pending more posts to read.

Rogan. Town. Dead. (and another one.)

So, with my thoughts consolidated, I think my strongest scumlean on the moment is on gac3, so that’s where my vote is going.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I lost my reason (beyond a slight odd feel Xumtiil is cultivating) to vote gac3, and overall I get townish vibes for gac3, so unvoted him now that we know two townies can have identical powers.

Hmm... Xihirli and her previous incarnation as Valmark might have been under the radar due to feeling ill/not yet being a player, so not necessarily townish. I'd like to hear more from Xi.

- - - Updated - - -

Day-vig, if you want to claim, I'd like to hear why you killed those.

I'm guessing the day-vig is a neutral, either serial killer or hunting a particular target. I kinda figured the day-vig might kill me today, but maybe my claim protected me from their wraith.
    I doubt the wolves would have an extra kill per cycle. I think the wolves would leave the day-vig alone since overall it helps them.

Though highly guessing won't claim due to fears of a foe seeking them, or the town deciding they've done enough harm. I'd let the day-vig live in hopes they start hitting wolves.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

gac3 2: Xumtiil, Zelphas
    Metastachydium 3: Togo, Farmerbink, Book Wombat
    JeenLeen 1: gac3
    Xihirli 1: JeenLeen
    Not voting: Snowblaze, Xihirli

I thought seeing what the wagons were like would help me decide who to vote for; unfortunately I don't want to kill anyone who is being voted. Jeen is currently least worst option from that list; their claim is mildly towny but I can't really get to a townread independently of that.

RIP Caoimhin; was good to be briefly townbuddies.

Agreed that there's a good chance dayvig is a neutral, possibly SK. I'm actually toying with whether a massclaim would out them and whether in that case it's worthwhile.

Going to look at Zelphas's reads list in more detail and see if that can get me a better read on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Zelphas's reads list is... enough that I don't want to kill him today, I think. There isn't anything unfakeable there but there's a decent amount of original thought and nothing that gives me major pings.

So my list of People I Don't Want To Kill Today consists of my surviving townleans Meta and gac, who are also the lead wagons, Jeen for their claim, Zelphas, our new arrivals Xihirli and Togo, and Farmerbink.

Which is seven, eight counting myself, with ten living players.

Book Wombat and Xumtiil. That's it.

I'm missing something here, aren't I? Time to play "who am I misclearing?"
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Suddenly...

With the bodies piling up, emotions are running wild and the accusations fly freely. At the center of it all is the Merlin himself, leader of the White Council and a very respected, if not always liked, person. But just as he's in the middle of making himself a sandwich, he falls over. Dead, with not a mark on him.

Show
    You are Arthur Langtry, better known as the Merlin, the harsh but occasionally fair leader of the White Council.
    • I'm in charge here: Once per game, you can add an additional 10 votes when deciding who to lynch.

No Denarius was found on the body.
    Whoa, mid-day murders. It must be christmas.

I'm going to vote for Book Wombat.

And I won't tell you my reason, it'll be a surprise.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Actually it's not as bad as I thought if there's a wolf or two in Xihirli/Togo, which is definitely possible; I'm giving them a day pass, not an actual townread.

And Xihirli voting for someone I don't mind killing is making me lowkey paranoid.

- - - Updated - - -

So much death, the wizard mused, leaning on her silver-topped cane. That wasn't a problem, of course, but it did lead to two things that very much were.

Few of the deaths had been Denarians, which meant the damned coin-bearers were succeeding on their mission to destroy the White Council. And the said Council might be obnoxious, bureaucratic and prone to tedious debates, but she had no interest in its destruction. Its existence served her interests, and besides she was fond of it despite its flaws.

The second problem, though, was even worse. She could be next.

And she was determined not to die.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Xihirli, votes should be bolded.

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Think I care about your rules?

Book Wombat
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Think I care about your rules?

Book Wombat
    They're not my rules, they're BCH's rules.

Also Book Wombat because having at least one wagon I don't actively dislike is a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

The Meta/AV debate doesn't make for pleasant rereading, but it does make me more confident in my Meta townlean. There are a few things that give me gut pings but I vaguely recall incorrectly SK-reading Meta in UPick for similar reasons so no major concern there.

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #255
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    The robed one earns a smirk and a scoff for his trouble. Such as Peabody? He died for this Council. Who else? The lean figure turns to face the tall wizard. Me, perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Mostly gut feeling, but am suspicious of both Metastachydium and CaoimhinTheCape. Dunno.
    Why, why. Could it be that I touched a nerve? the lean one muses aloud, very much aloud, but before she could go on,

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Suddenly...

Show

No Denarius was found on the body
    and her mood quickly darkens. The Merlin. An old ally, and putting aside that, an ally she has known to hold immense power. So here they stand. Leaderless against what might be multiple foes, some of them capable of dispatching Langtry himself. Growing old, one grows in wisdom and learns to notice things, things in good order and things amiss. To see. But pain is the prize of the sighted when pitted against the blind tides. she murmurs thoughtfully. And what I see now is the Council, failing. Tenebrae se augent tenebris. Nonnulli sociorum iacent interfecti, alius iuxta alium. Patent fores viaque patet, omnes fidelium usque ad interitum ducturae. the lean figure looks around. As your senior in years, if not standing, let me tell you this: my demise can only serve to hasten that. We need eyes that see clearly. And our numbers are growing thin quicker than I would like. she falls silent for but a moment, taking a last look at the Merlin, his countenance regal even in death. I'm afraid of tomorrow.

So, like I told you, powersets do not correlate with alignment. I knew that already from the wording of a power I have (and, NB, if you've been paying attention, you might know what it is, although whether it has a duplicate on someone else is yet to be seen). Now you have your clear proof as well. Not that this is of much help to us. If we lose another white wizard to the lynch and what looks like a vig continues to have a lousy aim (AV was dead right; vigs can be worse than useless, especially if there's no communication between them and the rest of the town), we'll soon be in dire straits. 5 to 3 level dire straits, with up to three kills other than lynch.

Meta (pushing AV's buttons to look towny)
    I'm not a masochist! AVs buttons are better left unpushed and I know that. I suspect it might have been the other way round: I've seen them push people hard to see if they will slip. It can flush out dogs, I'll give them that.

So, all in all, what you might want to look for is perhaps not what I wanted to do but rather what I didn't want to say. I'd be happy to hear your conclusions.

Book I'm leaving alone for now because of reasons, which I'll share the next game day.
    Ominous! (At any rate, I don't think the Wombat is a Denarian, but I have suspicions that he's not what he claims to be either. We might indeed know more tomorrow, so I'm in no hurry to kill him either.)

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I lost my reason (beyond a slight odd feel Xumtiil is cultivating) to vote gac3, and overall I get townish vibes for gac3, so unvoted him now that we know two townies can have identical powers.
    I'm kind of in the opposite camp on that. Gac's confusing and somewhat contradictory claims (both soft and hard) and his excuses for making them as he did are nothing I like all that much. That makes me want to trust Xumtiil more and gac less. But Blade endorsing his gaining a meaty wagon the other day is giving me pause. I'll have to look at the Cape's post with the Collected Records of Voting Patterns again.

In other news: I have my own gut feelings as well; mainly, I am beginning to suspect that Bink's naivety might easily be feigned. He does a lot of good roleplaying, but it often appears to do little more than just mask his reasons for proceeding as he proceeds. Again, I'll have to go back to his Day 1 posts regarding the case against flat. Other than that: I kinda-sorta trust Snow right now, clear as it may be that my trust is by neccessity misplaced and Jeen seems helpful as well, as does Xumtiil. Xirk is being Xihirli, which is frustrating, of course, but reassuring as well: at least we know she wasn't replaced by an agent of our reptilian overlords. Togo and Zelphas… They are kind of there. I'm not sure what to make of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I vaguely recall incorrectly SK-reading Meta in UPick
    Oh, people did that a lot! AV even wasted a single use power on ultimately not killing me to prove I'm bad news. Anyhow, suffice it to say, the section of the wolfchat where you folks were panicking that you provoked my wrath and I'll will murderize you all was a joy to read.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-07-12 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Â.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Xirk is being Xihirli, which is frustrating, of course, but reassuring as well: at least we know she wasn't replaced by an agent of our reptilian overlords.
    I'm not entirely convinced that Xihirli is not supposed to be an agent of the reptilian overlords. I'm fact, I think she might be SCP 682 herself.

17. - Top - End - #257

I'm not entirely convinced that Xihirli is not supposed to be an agent of the reptilian overlords. I'm fact, I think she might be SCP 682 herself.
    Nah, she's much easier to kill. Although… She does keep coming back. Hm.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh no, my master plan of having reptilian overlords as the actual scum faction of the game has been revealed!

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

The short figure in a heavy cowl inclines his head.

I note that we are losing more people to each other than we are to the Denarians. Someone thought this man was a Denarian... Or a Denarian thought he was worth silencing early.

Still the faint but constant beat sounds faintly, from deep underneath the figure's robes.

So - who wanted the Cape dead. And why?
    Last edited by Togo; 2022-07-12 at 06:04 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Well, why someone wanted Caoimhin dead is easy to answer: because that someone believed Caoimhin's existence was a threat to their victory. Who, though, is a different question. And one I don't know the answer to.

I need to do some more deep-dive analysis to get a better idea of who the Denarians are, but don't really have the motivation.

Actually I might update Caoimhin's coloured vote counts, see if that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: Votes
    Show

Rogan: flat_footed
    No Votes: Valmark, AvatarVecna, bladescape, Xumtiil, gac3, Book Wombat, Snowblaze, JeenLeen, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo, Rogan

flat_footed: AvatarVecna
    No Votes: Valmark, bladescape, Xumtiil, gac3, Book Wombat, Snowblaze, JeenLeen, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo, Rogan

Book: Rogan
    No Votes: Valmark, bladescape, Xumtiil, gac3, Book, Snowblaze, JeenLeen, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo

Book: Rogan, gac3
    No Votes: Valmark, bladescape, Xumtiil, Book, Snowblaze, JeenLeen, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo

Snowblaze: bladescape
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, Snowblaze, JeenLeen, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo

bladescape: Snowblaze
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, JeenLeen, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, JeenLeen
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo

bladescape: Snowblaze, Zelphas
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, JeenLeen, CaoimhinTheCape
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Togo

Snowblaze: bladescape, Metastachydium
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, Farmerbink, Togo

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, JeenLeen, CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, Togo

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink
    CaoimhinTheCape: JeenLeen

Book: Rogan, gac3, flat_footed

Book: Rogan, gac3, flat_footed
    Metastachydium: Book
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Togo

Xumtiil: flat_footed
    No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Togo

Valmark: Valmark
    No Votes: Xumtiil, Togo

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, Xumtiil
    No Votes: Togo

Snowblaze: bladescape, Metastachydium, Xumtiil

Book: gac3
    bladescape: Snowblaze, Zelphas, Rogan

CaoimhinTheCape: JeenLeen, gac3

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, bladescape
    Snowblaze: Metastachydium, Xumtiil

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, bladescape, JeenLeen
    CaoimhinTheCape: gac3

Snowblaze: Metastachydium
    gac3: Xumtiil

flat_footed: CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, bladescape, JeenLeen
    gac3: Xumtiil, AvatarVecna

gac3: Xumtiil, AvatarVecna, Rogan

flat_footed: CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, JeenLeen
    gac3: Xumtiil, AvatarVecna, Rogan, bladescape

flat_footed: CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, JeenLeen, Snowblaze
    bladescape: Zelphas

flat_footed: CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, JeenLeen, Snowblaze, Rogan
    gac3: Xumtiil, AvatarVecna, bladescape

Lesson learnt: repeatedly typing color tags on mobile is not fun. Why do I do these things to myself?

Anyway, now I've gone to all that effort I may as well draw some conclusions.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to arbitrarily declare that Xumtiil's entrance is when votes start actually becoming meaningful, since by then wagons exist. I could see him thinking "I should vote a counterwagon to my wolfbuddy, wait, no, that looks suspicious, I'll jump to the other counterwagon".

(Though using purely this for analysis is reductionist, there's a reasonable explanation for town!him doing that.)

(Actually I lied, Farmerbink being fourth on the flat wagon is worth remarking on. I don't... think it's wolfy on its own but it's noted in case it fits into a wider pattern.

And Jeen's subsequent switch away from flat is mildly towny.)

Anyway, carrying on, Rogan's creating (the illusion of) a three-way tie by voting bladescape. (Note: I'm ignoring the double votes since there's no plausible way wolves could know they exist.) (Another note: Caoimhin's suspicion of Rogan's corpse makes significantly more sense given their flip.)

This tie sticks around for a while, which implies wolves weren't too worried about bladescape being in danger (or just weren't around to do anything about it.) Unfortunately I can't read much into its breaking since bladescape himself does that with a flat vote.

Hmm. Jeen switching to be fifth on the flat wagon I'm not a massive fan of given the flips. (Yes, I know, justifiable reasons, limited technique. Just insert that yourself after every reason I give to suspect someone.)

Xumtiil switching to gac I'm fine with, given flat was a town wagon in the lead by a considerable margin so there's no wolfy motivation to counterwagon; also unpairs Xumtiil/gac imo.

I was going to wolfread the way the gac wagon then built up as a counter until I realised the next people on it were AV and Rogan. Still think bladescape would have done something other than hop aboard the gac wagon if gac was a partner.

Can't really read into my own flat vote. bladescape then suddenly drops dead, leading to Rogan switching to flat and... that's it, end of day.

gac didn't show up to cast a self-preservation vote, which is unsurprising considering how late their wagon developed. Meta, Valmark and Zelphas never moved from their initial random(ish) votes. Valmark gets a pass for being ill and Zelphas for said random vote being a wolf, but it's a point of concern for Meta and something I should dig into.

tl;dr
    Mild suspicion on Xumtiil, Farmerbink and Meta
    Xumtiil/gac not w/w
    gac gets large amounts of towncred for bladescape voting him
    Mixed impressions on Jeen

Which is not as helpful as I hoped. Alas.

- - - Updated - - -

Having brutally crushed my own soul, I think I need a break. Will be back before EOD.

Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

tl;dr
    Mild suspicion on Xumtiil, Farmerbink and Meta
    Xumtiil/gac not w/w
    Townleaning Zelphas for putting Bladescape into the three way tie when he didn't need to, since his vote was a self-professed random roll and could therefore very easily fallen on anyone that wasn't a Denarian.

Spoiler: Snippets of Votes with thoughts
    Show

No Votes: Valmark, bladescape, Xumtiil, gac3, Book Wombat, Snowblaze, JeenLeen, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo, Rogan

AV rando-votes Flat

No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape, Togo

Jeen rando-votes Flat

No Votes: Valmark, Xumtiil, Book, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Togo

Caoimhin rando-votes Flat

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, JeenLeen, CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink

FarmerBink rando-votes Flat

Jeen drops off Flat for Caoimhin

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, Xumtiil

I OMGUS Flat

I drop off Flat because his wagon is too big, and give Snow all the votehugs she deserves

flat_footed: AvatarVecna, CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, bladescape

Blade jumps on Flat "for science"

Jeen jumps on Flat

gac3: Xumtiil, AvatarVecna

I voted Gac3, with reasoning (not claiming it was the best reasons). AV saw my reasons, vibed and joined.

flat_footed: CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, JeenLeen

Rogan joined the Gac3 wagon, Bladescape jumped off a rando town wagon to be on the "reasoned" Gac wagon.

flat_footed: CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, JeenLeen, Snowblaze

Snow evens out the wagons

Bladescape gets vig'd, Rogan jumps ship

Important to note here is that I feel like the Flat wagon had very little in the way of reasons for existing with a lot of the votes being random or just pressure, while the Gac wagon had a sus read behind it, which caused two known town to join me in voting Gac, and then Bladescape jumped on, not expecting to die and give info. This could very well be Bladescape not wanting to be found on a random-reason town wagon and switching to the "reason-town-wagon", or it could be Bladescape getting ready to claim town cred for a Gac wolf flip later on. All I'm saying is that I don't think Gac deserves the large amounts of town cred for being voted by Bladescape, especially since Gac's vote was on neither of the top wagons and no one would blink twice at a self-preserving Flat vote from Gac.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Me: goes back to read through bladescape's wolf games to make a case that he doesn't bus a partner D1 in that way

Also me: immediately finds bladescape bussing Caoimhin D1 in a very similar way

Though I think the key difference is that last game Caoimhin wasn't lead wagon at the time of the vote and only ever became equal-highest, whereas bladescape's gac vote this game put them on the chopping block.

Still, you have more of a point than I thought on that. Though I still don't agree with your case, and there's another thing that I think is towny for gac, I'll go find the relevant quote.

Also:
    Metastachydium 3: Togo, Farmerbink, Book Wombat
    gac3 2: Xumtiil, Zelphas
    Book Wombat 2: Xihirli, Snowblaze
    Xihirli 1: JeenLeen
    JeenLeen 1: gac3

Also also I have no idea who Meta is currently voting for so I should check that.

Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #263

but it's a point of concern for Meta and something I should dig into.
    Eh, don't bother. It would be a lot of work, more than you should strain yourself with when such little time remains for it achieving anything. In barely more than an hour, I shall be dead and town will stagger to the brink of defeat. Worst case scenario, you'll have the whole night to treat on me, not that there will be much point to that. I mean, you'll be able to tell I'm with the Council from the flip.

Xumtiil/gac not w/w
    No faeces, Sherlock.

Yeah, that's a weird one. And he continued to stick to gac for as long as it mattered to boot. But why was gac squatting on the Wombat and the Cape in the meantime? And what about the Warden Problem? I can't wrap my mind around this guy.

Now, a few more things before I'd cross the bar. When I die, look into
    1. the Wombat. He's not a Denarian as far as I can tell, but that doesn't mean he shares our interests. I suspect him to be a neutral and also the dayvig. Skim through what I've said about him before and draw your conclusions. I would see to that, but, again, it doesn't look like I'll be around to keep an eye on him.
    2. Bink. If he is with the Enemy, he's using his status and the joy his penchant for roleplaying brings to mask it well enough. His votes and arguments for them, on the other hand, are a lot less pleasing to the eye.
    3. Gac. I made my views on him known. There's something off about him and I fear the worst.
    4. Xirk, naturally. I just realized this: she either didn't pay too much attention to what's happened thus far or she's up to something (assuming she's even who we think she is). I've filled my posts with morbid amounts of stuff in Latin (including a short speech) and I still can't see her vote on me. Beware her!

And now you'll excuse me for giving you yet another reason to swarm me. I'll hate to pass on in such an utterly anticlimactic manner. So, without further ado,

With not a single voice rising in her defense, and none to heed her words of warning, the age of the old, old woman finally shows. She doesn't look merely lean now. She looks frail. She didn't see this coming. She saw much and her eyes could pierce many a gloom. Many a darkness, even. And now, just now, in the hour of need, firm as she stood against the laughing shadow, they failed her and she failed herself. Τι θελεις? The words, puerile and inane rang in her ears. Αποθανειν? No. No, not at all.

With as much dignity as she could still muster, tired, beaten, shouldering unsaid, ineffable burdens, she makes her way back to her chair and sits, looking around one last time, her eyes cold and resolute again as they settle on a face. Book Wombat. Were those all just weightless words? Or were they lies? I have been mulling this for too long. You are hardly our worst foe, even if the grim portents had not deceived me. But I am confident that you cost us already, and will cost more if allowed to. She looks around once more. Let these be my parting words and farewell, should I fail to see the sun set. Mark them well, nisi malitis Hostis ridens triumphare *** omnia completa erunt.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-07-12 at 10:41 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

mad Re: Wolf Coin: A Dresden Files Mafia Game

And just as I'm about to announce that Meta isn't voting, Meta shows up and votes. Lol.

Anyway, it's not guaranteed that you'll die since your vote makes it a tie between you and Wombat.

Right, gac quote to find.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Let me tell you though, switching it to me wouldn't have mattered. Which is weird.
    Here we are: this is undoubtedly gac implying they have the same role as flat. At that time, no duplicate roles had flipped; it would have been a reasonable assumption from the PoV of anyone other than town!gac to suggest that town pairs of roles didn't exist.

So why does wolf!gac soft a role that has a high chance of getting them suspected and even mechanically outed?

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #265

And just as I'm about to announce that Meta isn't voting, Meta shows up and votes. Lol.

Anyway, it's not guaranteed that you'll die since your vote makes it a tie between you and Wombat.
    [Evil laughter.] Well, I did acknowledge that I'm going to give you one more reason not to like me. As a flower of my word, I just had to act on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Here we are: this is undoubtedly gac implying they have the same role as flat. At that time, no duplicate roles had flipped; it would have been a reasonable assumption from the PoV of anyone other than town!gac to suggest that town pairs of roles didn't exist.

So why does wolf!gac soft a role that has a high chance of getting them suspected and even mechanically outed?
    If your reading of the statement is correct (which it does seem to be), my confusion's growing bigger and bigger. At any rate, that's one fat point in gac's favour indeed. I'm glad I didn't end up voting them, after all, though my doubts remain.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Meta

I think Book is town and I'm not willing to leave that up to chance. Sorry Meta.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Meta

I think Book is town and I'm not willing to leave that up to chance. Sorry Meta.
    I think you really shouldn't be voting Meta right now. Because Reasons.

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Still think bladescape would have done something other than hop aboard the gac wagon if gac was a partner.
    I'm 100% on board here. Though I think gac has acted fishy, I don't see Blade hopping on another pressing wagon to threaten a teammate. I really don't have much but the votes to go on. I remain suspicious of Meta and Xum purely based on their willingness to sit on a top wagon with Blade for so long.

Book Wombat

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    I'm 100% on board here. Though I think gac has acted fishy, I don't see Blade hopping on another pressing wagon to threaten a teammate. I really don't have much but the votes to go on. I remain suspicious of Meta and Xum purely based on their willingness to sit on a top wagon with Blade for so long.
    Can you vote Wombat please? I really don't want Meta to die.

- - - Updated - - -

Ninja'd, lol. Thanks.

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Can you vote Wombat please? I really don't want Meta to die.
    Haha, I hope I'm not making a horrible mistake. But I see the same thing right now...

I think XD

Just to be clear, I don't trust meta. But Xumtiil's near-lats-minute vote for Meta shatters any thoughts I had of a pairing between them, so clearly what I'm thinking is questionably valuable at best.