New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Quote Originally Posted by Laurentio III View Post
    The title of [URL)https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1151.html]this one[/URL]counts?
    Even better one, but it doesn't count. Hint: it is something Belkar said himself.
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

My first guess was the one with the pink ribbons; but that's not about turning into a girl aged 11.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    The second half is about inability to slaughter hobgoblins.

Anyway,
    Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
    I suspect the correct probability is 92.308% rather than 92.38%.

Edit: also, probably the ability to put goblins to sleep using only one's mundane yet verbose voice.
    Nope, the efficiency of 92,38% is what I'm after and V's spell is not the answer I seek. The question "What process has, approximately, 92,38% efficiency?" stands, keep looking
    Last edited by Mike Havran; 2022-10-03 at 03:23 PM.
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Havran View Post
    What process has, approximately, 92,38% efficiency?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
    I suspect the correct probability is 92.308% rather than 92.38%.

Edit: also, probably the ability to put goblins to sleep using only one's mundane yet verbose voice.
    I'm confused; did I miss something in the strip? Because I can't figure out how this is an answer to the question.

edit: How did I get ninja-ed commenting on a post on a previous page? Time for my pony to hit the glue factory.
    Last edited by Ruck; 2022-10-03 at 03:27 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    I'm confused; did I miss something in the strip? Because I can't figure out how this is an answer to the question.

edit: How did I get ninja-ed commenting on a post on a previous page? Time for my pony to hit the glue factory.
    In strip 10, Haley reports thirteen goblins in the room and in strip 11 the heroes comment that only a cleric made his "save", which would put efficiency (or perhaps "efficacy") of V's talk to be 12/13, or 92,308%.

While ingenious, it is not what I was after.
    Last edited by Mike Havran; 2022-10-03 at 03:36 PM.
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

In strip 10, Haley reports thirteen goblins in the room and in strip 11 the heroes comment that only a cleric made his "save", which would put efficiency (or perhaps "efficacy") of V's talk to be 12/13, or 92,308%.

While ingenious, it is not what I was after.
    Aha. Even if that were the intended answer, strip 11 would also have to be linked to answer the question correctly.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Barbarian in the Playground

If there are no question hangings, please tell me: you carry a sword in a sheath, you carry arrows in a quiver. But where do you carry fists?
    Last edited by Laurentio III; 2022-10-04 at 05:40 AM.
    Running naked in the playground!

[email protected]

8. - Top - End - #458

If there are no question hangings, please tell me: you carry a sword in a sheath, you carry arrows in a quiver. But where do you carry fists?
    In your heart!

Anyway,
    Nope, the efficiency of 92,38% is what I'm after and V's spell is not the answer I seek. The question "What process has, approximately, 92,38% efficiency?" stands, keep looking

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hint: Even though the process has some losses (100-92,38%), those losses are also utilized.
    Last edited by Mike Havran; 2022-10-04 at 03:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460

Hint: Even though the process has some losses (100-92,38%), those losses are also utilized.
    Soylent Green is goblins!
    That was a good one! Kudos.

Tell me when Durkon is too polite to say "Dammit V, I'm a cleric not a veterinary!"
    Last edited by Laurentio III; 2022-10-05 at 12:05 AM.

[email protected]

11. - Top - End - #461
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tell me when Durkon is too polite to say "Dammit V, I'm a cleric not a veterinary!"
    There is the time he heals the recently-named Blackwing, but I think you're looking for another scene.
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

12. - Top - End - #462

Quote Originally Posted by Coppercloud View Post
    There is the time he heals the recently-named Blackwing, but I think you're looking for another scene.
    No, you are right on the spot.
    Your turn, Chestnutnimbus.

[email protected]

13. - Top - End - #463
    Dwarf in the Playground

In this case, find me a "thnktrch!" sound effect, without making me hungry by mentioning chestnuts.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok, since it will soon be time for a clue:
    If you really can't help it, you can actually mention chestnuts in your response, just this once.

15. - Top - End - #465

Ok, since it will soon be time for a clue:
    If you really can't help it, you can actually mention chestnuts in your response, just this once.
    I read this page just a couple days ago, so I'm lucky like a... a squirrel with a, well, a chestnut. Kind of.
    Never mind.

Spoiler: If it's right:
    Show
    Let's hunt a grafically inconsistent weapon! (Meaning a weapon that has been drawn erroneously inconsistent in the same page.)
    Last edited by Laurentio III; 2022-10-06 at 08:12 AM.

[email protected]

16. - Top - End - #466

ClericGuy

Let's hunt a grafically inconsistent weapon! (Meaning a weapon that has been drawn erroneously inconsistent in the same page.)
    I don't suppose belkar's shrinkage issue qualifies?

If it does, show me a time where being ahead of schedule was just as problematic as being late.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

17. - Top - End - #467

I don't suppose belkar's shrinkage issue qualifies?
    That one, good answer.
    The dagger is already small in the first panel, then larger before shrinking. And it's held on the back of the hand in three panels.

[email protected]

18. - Top - End - #468

ClericGuy

Show me a time where being ahead of schedule was just as problematic as being late.
    24 hour hint: the observation of being early is noted in the same panel as the consequences for being early.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

19. - Top - End - #469
    Dwarf in the Playground

If it does, show me a time where being ahead of schedule was just as problematic as being late.
    24 hour hint: the observation of being early is noted in the same panel as the consequences for being early.
    Is this about the timing of negociations with a vampire? If so, they were short. OQ if I'm right.

20. - Top - End - #470

ClericGuy

Is this about the timing of negociations with a vampire? If so, they were short. OQ if I'm right.
    Incorrect, keep guessing!
    ~Robin McKinley

21. - Top - End - #471

ClericGuy

The answer, was that being ahead of schedule can leave you without reinforcements when someone wants a piece of you. Like say, a bounty hunter.

OQ, come and get it!
    ~Robin McKinley

22. - Top - End - #472
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

What do you first need a raincloud for?

23. - Top - End - #473

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonmantle View Post
    What do you first need a raincloud for?
    To cast thunderclap! And who do you see fulfitting this requirement in a amusing way?
    Last edited by Laurentio III; 2022-10-08 at 09:16 AM.

[email protected]

24. - Top - End - #474
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

You are of course correct, but my first and so far only two guesses for the answer to yr question were not.

25. - Top - End - #475

To cast thunderclap! And who do you see fulfitting this requirement in a amusing way?
    HINT: is the first (but not the last) time someone tries to smite Roy.

[email protected]

26. - Top - End - #476

He's just not a religious sort, okay?

27. - Top - End - #477

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    He's just not a religious sort, okay?
    Exactly, and exactly!

[email protected]

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

Over 36 hours with no question; let's get the ball rolling again.

Find me two different uses of the phrase "mind whammy."

29. - Top - End - #479

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Over 36 hours with no question; let's get the ball rolling again.

Find me two different uses of the phrase "mind whammy."
    For starters, it's the kind of thing one wants protective measures against.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Indeed. Second one might be a little trickier.