New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    The work of Judy Garland?

If so, find me a dwarf shushing another dwarf's outburst
    .....yeah, that qualifies, I forgot about that one. I can't seem to land a single trivia lately that only has one answer.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

If so, find me a dwarf shushing another dwarf's outburst
    Does casting helpful spells count?

If so, let me return to my question which I forgot to add hint for (sorry about that).

Find a piece of clothing that explicitly itches.
    Fake mustache is not clothing

Hint: The piece of clothing is fairly commonly worn by people of a particular profession, but it is very rarely found elsewhere.
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Havran View Post
    It didn't look like anyone was going to get it anyway, so sure. It was supposed to be a random Dwarf shushing Durkon's family, though.

https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1086.html

Edit: and the itchy clothing is an eyepatch

Find an orc with a mohawk.

Edit 2: I didn't think this one would be so hard. Hint: He is wearing a suit & tie
    Last edited by littlebum2002; 2023-02-03 at 10:21 AM.

4. - Top - End - #904

ClericGuy

Edit 2: I didn't think this one would be so hard. Hint: He is wearing a suit & tie
    You'd be surprised what can stump us sometimes. I'd have been looking in all the wrong places without the hint.

MOB's truly have no appreciation for fashion..

Find me a tri-sected suit of studded leather armor.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

5. - Top - End - #905
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    You'd be surprised what can stump us sometimes. I'd have been looking in all the wrong places without the hint.

MOB's truly have no appreciation for fashion..

That guy is clearly labelled as a troll.

Find me a tri-sected suit of studded leather armor.
    SHURKT! SHURKT!

6. - Top - End - #906

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post

That guy is clearly labelled as a troll.
    Eh, maybe littlebum didn't notice that label in the panel. Either way, the only other greened-skinned mohawk in the entire comic is MAYBE Bozzok, who is only a half orc anyway, and he never wears a suit and tie.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-02-03 at 08:48 PM.
    ~Robin McKinley

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ettin in the Playground

Eh, maybe littlebum didn't notice that label in the panel. Either way, the only other greened-skinned mohawk in the entire comic is MAYBE Bozzok, who is only a half orc anyway, and he never wears a suit and tie.
    Yeah I see it now but it's covered up by something. It looks like a T then a blob then ll. I always just assumed it was gibberish and never bothered trying to read it.

8. - Top - End - #908

ClericGuy

Whelp, grace period passed, I'll ask the next one.

What costs a 5x upcharge over the norm?

EDIT: It appears I missed hint time by a few hours. Sorry about that.

The "what" can also be a "who" in this case.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-02-09 at 10:15 PM.
    ~Robin McKinley

9. - Top - End - #909
    Pixie in the Playground

Whelp, grace period passed, I'll ask the next one.

What costs a 5x upcharge over the norm?

EDIT: It appears I missed hint time by a few hours. Sorry about that.

The "what" can also be a "who" in this case.
    I thought it'd be something in this town but it instead is a 100x upcharge for apples.

10. - Top - End - #910

ClericGuy

Alright. The answer is a specialized flesh golem costs 5x over the norm. it's both a what AND a who!

OQ, come and get it!
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-02-10 at 02:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Omomuro View Post
    I thought it'd be something in this town but it instead is a 100x upcharge for apples.
    Alright. The answer is a specialized flesh golem costs 5x over the norm. it's both a what AND a who!

OQ, come and get it!
    Well, we have 5x and 100x, so let's keep the theme going. What costs a little over 10x the norm?
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

12. - Top - End - #912
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

V’s roaming charge

Find me Haley losing a bet, accepting a bet (different strip than losing), and refusing to accept a bet, all for 10 GP bets.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

By the way, aren't the apples marked up 1000x price, not 100? It moves from 1 copper to 1 platinum each. A long, long, time since I played D&D, but isn't it 10 copper to 1 silver, 10 silver to 1 gold, and 10 gold to 1 platinum? Making it a 10x10x10 rise.
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

14. - Top - End - #914

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Miel View Post
    By the way, aren't the apples marked up 1000x price, not 100? It moves from 1 copper to 1 platinum each. A long, long, time since I played D&D, but isn't it 10 copper to 1 silver, 10 silver to 1 gold, and 10 gold to 1 platinum? Making it a 10x10x10 rise.
    That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by JNinja View Post
    Find me Haley losing a bet, accepting a bet (different strip than losing), and refusing to accept a bet, all for 10 GP bets.
    Here's the one lost and the one taken (result pending) to keep things alive; I also have one offered, if needed. I know the exact words she refuses one with, but I'm yet to locate the exact comic.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Miel View Post
    Clearly my teacher was wrong when she said I was a good thunker, thanks for the correction

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's the one lost and the one taken (result pending) to keep things alive; I also have one offered, if needed. I know the exact words she refuses one with, but I'm yet to locate the exact comic.
    Yeah, I remember the line and can picture it, but I can't remember which strip it's from.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

18. - Top - End - #918

BardGirl

I was thinking of the more recent one regarding a wall being closed by a mimic, but that works too!

19. - Top - End - #919

ClericGuy

Find me a panel in which Durkon and Elan are equally confused.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-02-13 at 07:47 AM.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omomuro View Post
    I thought it was the +1 flaming arrows but they're at a 10x upcharge. Merchants in the OOTSverse really know when they've got you by the short hairs.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

How much is the markup on the adamantine weapons in #976?

22. - Top - End - #922

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Well, we have 5x and 100x, so let's keep the theme going. What costs a little over 10x the norm?
    I thought it was the +1 flaming arrows but they're at a 10x upcharge. Merchants in the OOTSverse really know when they've got you by the short hairs.
    10x upcharge is what peelee was looking for though, so methinks you got it! That would bring us back to just one active question:

Find me a panel in which Durkon and Elan are equally confused.
    Edit: speaking of, hint time. Durkon and Elan are expressing confusion at an action by a fellow party member who's also in the panel with them.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-02-14 at 07:33 AM.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

10x upcharge is what peelee was looking for though, so methinks you got it!
    Not, I was looking for a little over 10x, which JNinja got.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

24. - Top - End - #924
    Pixie in the Playground

Edit: speaking of, hint time. Durkon and Elan are expressing confusion at an action by a fellow party member who's also in the panel with them.
    294, 2nd or 10th panel? OQ if so.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aa602213x1023 View Post
    I think 5th panel is even more clearly confusion, but hey, I think you get credit either way.

And since I'm posting, I should take the OQ: What do loose brains do?

26. - Top - End - #926

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aa602213x1023 View Post
    5th panel, but the correct page nonetheless!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    And since I'm posting, I should take the OQ: What do loose brains do?
    they end campaigns of course. you can never be safe from a mind read unless there's nothing to read.

What has a different outcome when it's one negative event vs six?
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-02-15 at 07:27 AM.

27. - Top - End - #927

What has a different outcome when it's one negative event vs six?
    DEATH!! (No, seriously, it's death.)

28. - Top - End - #928

ClericGuy

Drat. I was hoping picking something partway through the lyrics would be harder to spot.
    ~Robin McKinley

29. - Top - End - #929

BardGirl

Looks like we need another question, so speaking of death, find me Mr Scruffy’s

30. - Top - End - #930

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by JNinja View Post
    Looks like we need another question, so speaking of death, find me Mr Scruffy’s
    Panel 8, poor kitty.

Find me a corpse killing a living being (undead do not count.)