New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Havran View Post
    Find two characters who owed exactly 20 gp to someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    And the second one is Jirix to "an hobgoblin guy" in the afterlife. Weird that both jokes are about a debt being cancelled by the death of one of the parties involved, don't you think?
    New headcanon: Tsukiko (or one of her wights) heard it from Belkar, mentioned it to (or in the presence of) Jirix, who decided it was a good joke and used it to win the crowd during the meeting.

Find me three strips showing a hobgoblin and a bugbear on the same page (not necessarily the same panel).
    Last edited by Coppercloud; 2022-09-10 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Edit: I just found a third
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Quote Originally Posted by Coppercloud View Post
    And the second one is Jirix to "an hobgoblin guy" in the afterlife. Weird that both jokes are about a debt being cancelled by the death of one of the parties involved.
    New headcanon: Tsukiko (or one of her wights) heard it from Belkar, mentioned it to (or in the presence of) Jirix, who decided it was a good joke and used it to win the crowd during the meeting.

Find me three strips showing a hobgoblin and a bugbear on the same page.
    I'd guess the crayon strip with Jirix in goblin paradise and when Fenris created the goblinoids. I don't have the third one yet.
    Resurrecting the Negative LA thread, comments and discussion are very welcome!

Do you want to build monstrous characters with reasonable LA? Join the Monster Mash! Currently, round XII: One-Punch Monster!!! Come judge single-strike entries!
    Nice find! Have a cookie!
    Searchable spreadsheet of 3.5 monsters by abilities, now with all online monsters

Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    3.5 allows you to optimize into godhood, yes, but far more importantly, it lets you optimize weak, weird, and niche options into relevance.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
    The crayon strip was the one I added as an afterthought, realizing that the very page, no, the very panel I was linking to was a valid answer to my own query. Specifically, the fourth gobelinoid from the left looks like a bugbear to me, as she (?) seems taller and wields an enormous glaive or whatever this weapon is named.
    One more strip to find out!
    Last edited by Coppercloud; 2022-09-10 at 07:11 AM.
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

And the last one is the flashback of the Blacksmith.

Find me a strip depicting both Redcloak and a dinosaur (no the dragon-like creature guarding Xykon's old tower is not a dinosaur, it has Spell Resistance).

Do you want to build monstrous characters with reasonable LA? Join the Monster Mash! Currently, round XII: One-Punch Monster!!! Come judge single-strike entries!
    Searchable spreadsheet of 3.5 monsters by abilities, now with all online monsters

3.5 allows you to optimize into godhood, yes, but far more importantly, it lets you optimize weak, weird, and niche options into relevance.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Find me a strip depicting both Redcloak and a dinosaur
    I thought that must be #887: Roy's fantasy is that he destroys Xykon, and Elan's fantasy is riding on a dinosaur. But nope. What the heck, Elan?

I don't know then. Are any of the creatures in #1261 2nd panel dinosaurs?

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    I thought that must be #887: Roy's fantasy is that he destroys Xykon, and Elan's fantasy is riding on a dinosaur. But nope. What the heck, Elan?

I don't know then. Are any of the creatures in #1261 2nd panel dinosaurs?
    Actually, your first guess seems right. Redcloak is visible in the first panel while Elan is seen riding on a dinosaur near the center of the spiral, on the right.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The first guess was the right one

8. - Top - End - #368
    Barbarian in the Playground

The first guess was the right one
    Based on the amount of weird images, half the trivia should lead to that page.
    Running naked in the playground!

[email protected]

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laurentio III View Post
    Based on the amount of weird images, half the trivia should lead to that page.
    #389, #87, #122 are the most popular pages, but nothing comes close to half of the questions of course.

10. - Top - End - #370

ClericGuy

Taking the implied OQ, when was Durkon accused of sleeping with Thor, not merely worshipping him?
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2022-09-12 at 07:16 AM.

11. - Top - End - #371

ClericGuy

Hint: Belkar makes the accusation.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmmm..... This is probably before *Durkon makes his appearance, as Belkar pretty much stopped his insults as soon as Durkon used some of his last breaths to let Belkar know he didn't blame him (Okay, he stopped insulting Durkon. He insulted Nose-fur-atu every chance he got).

Maybe sometime in the pre-Empire-of-Blood desert? Time for an archive binge.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    Taking the implied OQ, when was Durkon accused of sleeping with Thor, not merely worshipping him?
    Well, there's this belkary nickname that comes to mind, but I'm not sure if that counts.
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, there's this belkary nickname that comes to mind, but I'm not sure if that counts.
    I think it certainly should, although I suppose Belkar could've meant "botherer."
    Last edited by Ruck; 2022-09-13 at 05:54 PM.

15. - Top - End - #375

ClericGuy

That is correct, as "bugger" is slang for getting down and dirty!

Your question Mike!
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    That is correct, as "bugger" is slang for getting down and dirty!

Your question Mike!
    Oh, right. So, what sort of spells are only to be used for evil entertainment?
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

17. - Top - End - #377

Oh, right. So, what sort of spells are only to be used for evil entertainment?
    I assume it's Commune
    Running naked in the playground!

[email protected]

18. - Top - End - #378
    Dwarf in the Playground

Taking the OQ, if I may:
    Find me three creatures grappling an opponent with their tongues.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, this one readily comes to mind for me.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sabine is likewise involved in such an incident.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

Find me three creatures grappling an opponent with their tongues.
    Here's the emotionally-insightful "squirmy death" worm for #3.

Find a name with three sets of double letters. (Simply because I love this strip!)
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

22. - Top - End - #382

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Find a name with three sets of double letters.
    The answer might be far too horible to even contemplate.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

If it's an OQ, I had an idea for one:

Find me the demon roaches making a food-related pun, twice. (Not the same food-related pun.)

(Or, more if there are more, I suppose. I only found the two.)

24. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    If it's an OQ, I had an idea for one:

Find me the demon roaches making a food-related pun, twice. (Not the same food-related pun.)

What's a dead hobgoblin's favorite flavor of ice cream? No idea for the other one.

25. - Top - End - #385

What's a dead hobgoblin's favorite flavor of ice cream? No idea for the other one.
    Perhaps because the two are so close to each other.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Does that count? It's the setup, but the actual pun isn't given.
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

Perhaps because the two are so close to each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Miel View Post
    Does that count? It's the setup, but the actual pun isn't given.
    It does not, for the reasons Ron Miel said. The second one is quite separate.

Spoiler: early hint
    Show
    It also involves making a joke about the recently deceased.

28. - Top - End - #388

I see, I see. How 'bout a big favourite of mine, then?

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

I see, I see. How 'bout a big favourite of mine, then?
    Assuming you mean panel 1, that's the one.

30. - Top - End - #390

Assuming you mean panel 1, that's the one.
    Well, that's the only roachpun in that strip, so yes.

But! Let's put a question here: name a little flower Durkon really wishes he had encountered under some fashion, but, for all we know, he hadn't!