New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Spoiler: Okay, a HINT
    Show

This flower might not be as readily available in a desert climate as he appears to have thought.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    But! Let's put a question here: name a little flower Durkon really wishes he had encountered under some fashion, but, for all we know, he hadn't!
    Tequila (Sunrise)?
    Proof it's a Flower

Open Question if correct.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

3. - Top - End - #393

That's both funny and surprisingly close, but no. Durkon is very clearly not thinking of a plant here.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well, that's the only roachpun in that strip, so yes.

But! Let's put a question here: name a little flower Durkon really wishes he had encountered under some fashion, but, for all we know, he hadn't!
    Ooh, now I get it. Haemodoraceae

Find a human male who clearly isn't above littering.
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

5. - Top - End - #395

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Havran View Post
    Ooh, now I get it. Haemodoraceae
    And indeed!

Find a human male who clearly isn't above littering.
    Well, Roy sure seems to think he's littering here. Does that count?

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I guess that should count, but it's not what I had in mind, so let's make it a find NPC human male who is not above littering.
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I guess that should count, but it's not what I had in mind, so let's make it a find NPC human male who is not above littering.
    Hint: To be fair, the NPC in question is also treated like garbage.

8. - Top - End - #398

Hint: To be fair, the NPC in question is also treated like garbage.
    And to think that he could have been a baker!

9. - Top - End - #399
    Barbarian in the Playground

If it's Open Question, can anyone find me a reference to a pie with an unusual filling?
    Running naked in the playground!

[email protected]

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laurentio III View Post
    If it's Open Question, can anyone find me a reference to a pie with an unusual filling?
    I feel like I can picture the moment in question, but I've already looked two different places where I thought it was, to no avail.

11. - Top - End - #401

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    I feel like I can picture the moment in question, but I've already looked two different places where I thought it was, to no avail.
    Mind, I said "reference to".
    You are looking for the picture of a pie.

[email protected]

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Pie filled with blackbirds, mentioned by Blackwing in #857 1st panel. OQ.

13. - Top - End - #403

ClericGuy

Yoink!

Find me a pun by a dashing swordsman, which should have provided a combat bonus but wasn't actually emphasized as such in the panel.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

Mind, I said "reference to".
    You are looking for the picture of a pie.
    No, I was looking for the correct moment, I just forgot where it was. (It is definitely not in the fight with Laurin or the animals on the ship being attacked by the ex-Exarch.)

15. - Top - End - #405
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    Yoink!

Find me a pun by a dashing swordsman, which should have provided a combat bonus but wasn't actually emphasized as such in the panel.

EDIT: taking my own OQ, what is worse than "depraved" and "reprehensible"?
    Last edited by Coppercloud; 2022-09-22 at 04:52 PM.
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Coppercloud View Post

EDIT: taking my own OQ, what is worse than "depraved" and "reprehensible"?
    Highly impractical on a stranded island with an ass-kissing demon and a happily married elf.

And because I have no idea right now, I'll do a BoED and ask what is better than "magnanimous" and "estimable"?
    Resurrecting the Negative LA thread, comments and discussion are very welcome!
    Nice find! Have a cookie!
    Do you want to build monstrous characters with reasonable LA? Join the Monster Mash! Currently, round XII: One-Punch Monster!!! Come judge single-strike entries!
    Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    3.5 allows you to optimize into godhood, yes, but far more importantly, it lets you optimize weak, weird, and niche options into relevance.

17. - Top - End - #407

Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
    And because I have no idea right now, I'll do a BoED and ask what is better than "magnanimous" and "estimable"?
    Meritorious!

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

Looks like an OQ and it's been a while, so: What's the plan at goalie?

19. - Top - End - #409

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Looks like an OQ and it's been a while, so: What's the plan at goalie?
    Does the answer involve imaginary astral devas in tattered sundresses?

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah. (minimum ten characters required for a post)

21. - Top - End - #411
    Orc in the Playground

Which spell doesn't seem to work properly, according to its caster at least?
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

22. - Top - End - #412

Well, maybe this, but the caster is undecided.

Spoiler: If correct...
    Show
    Find a warning sign and its homophone warning sign
    Last edited by Laurentio III; 2022-09-24 at 02:46 PM.

[email protected]

23. - Top - End - #413
    Orc in the Playground

Well, maybe this, but the caster is undecided.
    Well, he does say that the spell is functioning properly, so this is not valid.
    Though it makes me wonder whether the diamond was consumed or not. I believe RAW the answer would be yes, but I don't know about the OotStickverse.

Spoiler: If correct...
    Show
    Find a warning sign and its homophone warning sign
    Bold of you to ask for a panel that I use as a wallpaper
    My question remains.
    Last edited by Coppercloud; 2022-09-24 at 02:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414

Does the spell in question usually have more kick to it than– CRACKK!

If so: where do we find proof that Roy has some reservations regarding certain forms cabbage can take?

25. - Top - End - #415
    Orc in the Playground

If so: where do we find proof that Roy has some reservations regarding certain forms cabbage can take?
    Good one, but Xykon isn't explicit enough for it to count. There is no way to know whether he thinks his spell didn't work or whether he is wondering how the dwarf resisted its effects.
    Wow, am I glad I found plausible reasons to turn down those guesses. When wording my question, I had forgotten to check for other possible answers.

26. - Top - End - #416

Bold of you to ask for a panel that I use as a wallpaper
    My question remains.
    More than that, it was boulder of me!

[email protected]

27. - Top - End - #417
    Orc in the Playground

More than that, it was boulder of me!
    This is a gem. I don't want to strata debate, but I don't think I've ever read a crater pun. Of quartz there are people who can't sand them, but for me a good geology pun always rocks.

Spoiler: Hint time!
    Show
    The spell is never seen cast by this person, yet it is reasonable to assume that it does, in fact, functions perfectly.

28. - Top - End - #418

Hm. My current best bet is the clasp causing no pain at all (nnnice and soothing!), but the Protection from Evil in that is likely an infusion rather than a spell.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Orc in the Playground

Hm. My current best bet is the clasp causing no pain at all (nnnice and soothing!), but the Protection from Evil in that is likely an infusion rather than a spell.
    Actually, it is refered to as a spell in the sixth panel, so I guess it should count. It seems reasonable to assume that the gnome lady is indeed the maker of the clasp. What I had in mind was the ninth panel of this strip.

Let's go with your question, I guess.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well, Roy uses sauerkraut in not exactly flattering mental image, but his reservations might be limited to the otyugh (and Shojo's offer)