New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Indeed. Second one might be a little trickier.
    I assumed it was vampire related, and was right! Looked from the Mootthingathing and following. Here, first panel.
    Let's not waste time and beat the clock: find me two consecutive beat panels! *

* A silent panel in sequential art. Usually the next-to-last panel in a serialized comic strip, since it approximates the comedic pause before a punchline. (TvTropes)
    Running naked in the playground!

[email protected]

2. - Top - End - #482

ClericGuy

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Quote Originally Posted by Laurentio III View Post
    Let's not waste time and beat the clock: find me two consecutive beat panels! *

* A silent panel in sequential art. Usually the next-to-last panel in a serialized comic strip, since it approximates the comedic pause before a punchline. (TvTropes)
    Tricky one. There's a lot of consecutive silent panel moments but they don't really qualify as beat panels, a lot of potential false answers there.

Fortunately, Roy is excellent for beat panels in general and Thog is worthy of Roy doing it twice in a row.

When's a time where First Class is not desirable?
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

3. - Top - End - #483
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    When's a time where First Class is not desirable?
    When it is Prisoner first class. Who is accused to desire royalties?
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coppercloud View Post
    When it is Prisoner first class. Who is accused to desire royalties?
    It's a BIRDY!

Question: Who would Belkar rather not see through under a particular set of circumstances?

5. - Top - End - #485

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    It's a BIRDY!

Question: Who would Belkar rather not see through under a particular set of circumstances?
    Very diaphanous wings on a ditsy fairy.

What's the ultimate proof that someone will not change as a person?
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2022-10-11 at 11:07 AM.

6. - Top - End - #486

ClericGuy

Hint: said proof is presented in the form of a calling-out.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

Very diaphanous wings on a ditsy fairy.

I don't feel like trying to quote the whole thing, but is it everything Roy says to Eugene here?

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

That they won't change, even when offered several chances to stop running all Frankenstein through their streets?
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2022-10-12 at 04:26 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

9. - Top - End - #489

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    That they won't change, even when offered several chances to stop running all Frankenstein through their streets?
    ....well crap, I forgot about her. Yeah, that qualifies, though my intended answer was Eugene being so stubbornly petty that even the cosmic forces of Good can't get him to change. But Krystal is an equally valid answer, so you're up for a question Torath!
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2022-10-13 at 05:41 AM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

....well crap, I forgot about her. Yeah, that qualifies, though my intended answer was Eugene being so stubbornly petty that even the cosmic forces of Good can't get him to change. But Krystal is an equally valid answer, so you're up for a question Torath!
    I think Ruck came up with your intended answer before I came up with the alternate:
    I don't feel like trying to quote the whole thing, but is it everything Roy says to Eugene here?
    I'll yield to Ruck for the next question.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

11. - Top - End - #491

ClericGuy

Rule of thumb: don't check these forums right after waking up, you'll miss things like posts between yours and the most recent.

Yes, ruck got it correct! Your question man, sorry about that.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2022-10-13 at 09:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I didn't have anything in mind, so I did a search as usual, and then I had to find a way to word it that wouldn't be too easy.

Who or what does the 934 represent?

13. - Top - End - #493

Who or what does the 934 represent?
    Slavedriver Union (UNEQUAL PAY for UNEQUAL WORK)?

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, that's it. I thought "Local 934" would have made it too obvious.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's an easy one. Who's got a metal name?

16. - Top - End - #496
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Here's an easy one. Who's got a metal name?
    The Dark One, according to Thor at least. Who gave who the silent treatment?
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

17. - Top - End - #497

The Dark One, according to Thor at least. Who gave who the silent treatment?
    I'd say Blackwing, but actually he just refused to communicate in Common.

[email protected]

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

Ugh I know who this is too I just don't remember what comic

19. - Top - End - #499

I can think of he Dark One and Redcloak, Blackwing and Vaarsuvius, but I think The Dark One toward Loki is more important.
    Still, I fell it's the wrong answer.

[email protected]

20. - Top - End - #500
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laurentio III View Post
    I can think of he Dark One and Redcloak, Blackwing and Vaarsuvius, but I think The Dark One toward Loki is more important.
    Still, I fell it's the wrong answer.
    I'll accept this answer if you want to ask your own follow-up question, but the strip I had in mind contains the phrase "the silent treatment".

21. - Top - End - #501

I'll accept this answer if you want to ask your own follow-up question, but the strip I had in mind contains the phrase "the silent treatment".
    Thanks, but I prefer a clean finding. I checked all pages I thought valid, and failed.

[email protected]

22. - Top - End - #502
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Durkon to himself, except he didn't. Phrase is there, though.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonmantle View Post
    Durkon to himself, except he didn't. Phrase is there, though.
    This is the one! But I have to disagree, Durkon* remained silent during the previous strip and this strip's first panels despite Durkon**'s repeated orders to explain himself.
    *Original Recipe
    **The Corpse Formerly Known as Durkon, except this is just his spirit now

Your question Crimsonmantle!
    Last edited by Coppercloud; 2022-10-15 at 06:53 AM.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

What should Elan have done in Cliffport?

25. - Top - End - #505
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonmantle View Post
    What should Elan have done in Cliffport?
    He should have gotten a prison tattoo so he could be a good bodyguard.
    Who just needs to be hugged (apart from Redcloak, obviously)?

26. - Top - End - #506
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

[Who just needs to be hugged (apart from Redcloak, obviously)?
    Sabine.

Who knows they're perfect?

27. - Top - End - #507
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNinja View Post
    Who knows they're perfect?
    Tsukiko. Who needs to take the Endurance feat or a similar one?

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tsukiko. Who needs to take the Endurance feat or a similar one?
    Elan.

Find a small solitary purple flower.
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

29. - Top - End - #509

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Havran View Post
    Find a small solitary purple flower.
    A FLOWER question! I love FLOWER questions!

Edit: Find me three little shrubs between two trees in a decidedly urban environment!
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-10-16 at 05:08 AM.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Dwarf in the Playground

A FLOWER question! I love FLOWER questions!
    As soon as I read Mike's question, I knew you would be summoned immediately
    Though I'm surprised the sight of a cut flower puts you in such a good mood, to be frank.

Edit: Find me three little shrubs between two trees in a decidedly urban environment!
    In front of the Big Folks Inn, human-sized rooms at normal-sized prices in Tinkertown, with all their leaves despite the cold weather.
    Find me three different plush dragons.