New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    It was Haley's letter. You guys are crushing my attempts lately, I gotta reevaluate how I'm phrasing my hints.
    Don't sweat it; your question are cool and all! We're just cool and all as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
    Find me some decidedly angry swirly eyes.
    Is… this… -angry enough? [SNAPPOUTA!]

2. - Top - End - #842
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Find me a time where someone took a mistaken statement about their identity as a point of fact, assuming there was another "person" to be on watch for.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

3. - Top - End - #843
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

Find me a time where someone took a mistaken statement about their identity as a point of fact, assuming there was another "person" to be on watch for.
    Apparently Blackwing has strong feelings about the difference between ravens and crows.

Who is what they eat (or drink)?

Unless you've just come over from the MitD thread (having heard this one is more entertaining) and like Blackwing, you like being pedantic about the difference between two very similar things. I consume neither so I don't actually know the technical difference, if there is one.

Hint time: Technically we don't witness the person drinking it, but they do at least order it.
    Last edited by JNinja; 2022-12-23 at 12:50 PM.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNinja View Post

Unless you've just come over from the MitD thread (having heard this one is more entertaining) and like Blackwing, you like being pedantic about the difference between two very similar things. I consume neither so I don't actually know the technical difference, if there is one.

Hint time: Technically we don't witness the person drinking it, but they do at least order it.
    I think we've been stumped. All I can come up with is The Monster of Spokane from Bone Crossed (Mercy #4), and I'm quite confident that's not the right answer.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2022-12-27 at 12:57 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #845

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    I think we've been stumped. All I can come up with is The Monster of Spokane from Bone Crossed (Mercy #4), and I'm quite confident that's not the right answer.
    On the flip side, "Mercedes is a Volkswagen mechanic" is perhaps the funniest thing I've seen today.

Apparently Blackwing has strong feelings about the difference between ravens and crows.

Missed the hint (holidays and all), sorry. It's Elan.

6. - Top - End - #846

ClericGuy

Show me apparel with text on it, text which became very true for its wearer.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2022-12-28 at 05:48 AM.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

7. - Top - End - #847

Show me apparel with text on it, text which became very true for its wearer.
    Well, he did die a fan!

8. - Top - End - #848
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Well, he did die a fan!
    He died doing what he loved: watching Thog kill someone.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

9. - Top - End - #849

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    He died doing what he loved: watching Thog kill someone.
    The irony is staggering, sir, yes.

10. - Top - End - #850

ClericGuy

Well, since no one's grabbed the OQ, I'll try again.

Elan once spoke a piece of family wisdom about adventurer builds. Later on, Roy proved him to be very much correct. Find me both pages: the original lesson and the proof of validity.
    ~Robin McKinley

11. - Top - End - #851

Well, since no one's grabbed the OQ, I'll try again.

Elan once spoke a piece of family wisdom about adventurer builds. Later on, Roy proved him to be very much correct. Find me both pages: the original lesson and the proof of validity.
    Please don't hate me too much. (Hate's not the key to a rich and fulfilling life, as Thog could tell you.)

12. - Top - End - #852

ClericGuy

Please don't hate me too much. (Hate's not the key to a rich and fulfilling life, as Thog could tell you.)
    ....... whelp, so much for having the first stumper of the new year.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2022-12-31 at 07:49 PM.

13. - Top - End - #853

Planetar

Taking OQ

Find me someone who really hates make-up.

14. - Top - End - #854

Quote Originally Posted by Neponde View Post
    Taking OQ

Would you accept a tough-looking chick at the bar?

15. - Top - End - #855

Planetar

Would you accept a tough-looking chick at the bar?
    Hmm, not the one that I had in mind. Haley couldn't resist some moisturizer, even while insulting the sellers and walking out. The tough chick could be the same.

16. - Top - End - #856

Hmm, not the one that I had in mind. Haley couldn't resist some moisturizer, even while insulting the sellers and walking out. The tough chick could be the same.
    Eh, it was a stretch anyway, Im not exactly surprised that wasn't it.

17. - Top - End - #857

ClericGuy

Taking OQ

Belkar would rather be stabbed. I'm still not sure how they convinced him.

Find me a BS excuse/answer that was caught in the moment, and rephrased into something the catcher couldn't counter.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-01-03 at 12:48 PM.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

19. - Top - End - #859

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Not my original intent, but it qualifies. I'll rephrase my original and come back another time.
    ~Robin McKinley

20. - Top - End - #860

Not my original intent, but it qualifies. I'll rephrase my original and come back another time.
    I wonder if that's truly neccessary.

21. - Top - End - #861

BardGirl

What's something that Eugene jokes about sarcastically that actually turns out to be true?

22. - Top - End - #862

What's something that Eugene jokes about sarcastically that actually turns out to be true?
    Roy can even go Super Saiyan now.

ETA:
    Taking the question - MitD is good at attracting roaches. Find me him with a roach that's not a roach.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2023-01-04 at 10:17 AM.

23. - Top - End - #863

Planetar

Taking the question - MitD is good at attracting roaches. Find me him with a roach that's not a roach.
    Does a roach doll count

24. - Top - End - #864

Does a roach doll count
    It would if it was with the MitD. Good try!

ETA: 24 hour hint: it's not speciesism, it's classism. And the roaches may object to being compared to that.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2023-01-05 at 10:20 AM.

25. - Top - End - #865

It would if it was with the MitD. Good try!

ETA: 24 hour hint: it's not speciesism, it's classism. And the roaches may object to being compared to that.
    The interesting thing is, I considered this one immediately, but then I figured "like a roach" is not the same thing as "a roach".

26. - Top - End - #866

The interesting thing is, I considered this one immediately, but then I figured "like a roach" is not the same thing as "a roach".
    I thought that as well but figured it was close enough. Especially since I did say "not a roach".
    Last edited by Peelee; 2023-01-05 at 02:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Colossus in the Playground

On the flip side, "Mercedes is a Volkswagen mechanic" is perhaps the funniest thing I've seen today.
    It is a, not exactly plot point, but thing in the books that the character in question has heard "Mercedes the Volkswagon mechanic" far past the point where amusement is no longer one of her reactions to hearing it.

I believe you have a question to ask.

28. - Top - End - #868

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    It is a, not exactly plot point, but thing in the books that the character in question has heard "Mercedes the Volkswagon mechanic" far past the point where amusement is no longer one of her reactions to hearing it.
    Well, I certainly did hope it didn't avoid the author's attention.

I believe you have a question to ask.

And I believe what does not kill you, simply makes you… Stranger.

Alright, alright! QUESTION: What do you need to rob up to nine planties for?
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-01-06 at 01:36 PM.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, alright! QUESTION: What do you need to rob up to nine planties for?
    I dunno if people forgot to check for a new question or what, but it's been six days.

30. - Top - End - #870

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    I dunno if people forgot to check for a new question or what, but it's been six days.
    Yeah, I kinda figured people forgot the thread exist. Answer's creating a bone golem (a process that requires 11 secret herbs and reagents, i.e. 2–9 herbs and 2–9 non-herb reagents).