New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Show me a time when getting hit with friendly fire was cause for relief, rather than anger.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    Show me a time when getting hit with friendly fire was cause for relief, rather than anger.
    When V froze Elan.

OQ.

3. - Top - End - #963

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tzardok View Post
    Close, but not quite. Elan is the one getting hit, and he's clearly not relieved.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

4. - Top - End - #964
    Firbolg in the Playground

Close, but not quite. Elan is the one getting hit, and he's clearly not relieved.
    Lien, on the other hand, is so not complaining!

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Find me a sentence where exactly three species of animals are mentioned.
    Resurrecting the Negative LA thread, comments and discussion are very welcome!
    Nice find! Have a cookie!
    Do you want to build monstrous characters with reasonable LA? Join the Monster Mash! Currently, round XII: One-Punch Monster!!! Come judge single-strike entries!
    Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    3.5 allows you to optimize into godhood, yes, but far more importantly, it lets you optimize weak, weird, and niche options into relevance.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

Beni-Kujaku: I had to cheat for this by searching the transcript and even then it was hard. It's not about Roy's bags of tricks. It's not about the southern pantheon. It's not about a tiger and a cat and a raven fighting a pack of rats. Question remains active until someone solves it without cheating or it times out.

7. - Top - End - #967

Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
    Find me a sentence where exactly three species of animals are mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Beni-Kujaku: I had to cheat for this by searching the transcript and even then it was hard. It's not about Roy's bags of tricks. It's not about the southern pantheon. It's not about a tiger and a cat and a raven fighting a pack of rats. Question remains active until someone solves it without cheating or it times out.
    …and I foolishly opened your spoiler, so I had to find another matching strip. Fortunately, I did and it involves DINOSAURS! (Apatosaurus and Brontosaurus are both, in fact, genera, but what Roy is referring to are, conveniently, if in error, species: Brontosaurus excelsus was believed to be an invalid species until recently, and it was rebranded as Apatosaurus excelsus; however, it was never deemed identical with Apatosaurus ajax, the type species of Apatosaurs. Oh, and if anyone happens to be curious, the third species Roy simply calls "a different dinosaur" was a kind of Camarasaurus.)

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well done, both of you (my intended answer was b_jonas's). I guess this is OQ.
    Last edited by Beni-Kujaku; 2023-03-08 at 04:23 AM.
    Do you want to build monstrous characters with reasonable LA? Join the Monster Mash! Currently, round XII: One-Punch Monster!!! Come judge single-strike entries!
    3.5 allows you to optimize into godhood, yes, but far more importantly, it lets you optimize weak, weird, and niche options into relevance.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNinja View Post
    Elan is using multiple endings on a word that do NOT go together grammatically
    Found it finally. #556 4th panel “rescuinged”.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

Correct, thanks for saving me from having to rephrase that.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To keep the thread going, find me two falling goblinoids.

12. - Top - End - #972

To keep the thread going, find me two falling goblinoids.
    Page 2, panel 2.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    These are corpses, corpses are objects, hence they can't have the [goblinoid] subtype

(find me two living falling goblinoids, please. They can be on different pages)
    Last edited by Beni-Kujaku; 2023-03-09 at 11:29 AM.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Here is one.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by yokyok View Post
    Here is one.
    And here's the second one, in panel 2.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

-.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

17. - Top - End - #977

Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-03-09 at 04:12 PM.

18. - Top - End - #978

ClericGuy

Find me proof of a single humanoid mortal being a father many times over, not just a couple times.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-03-09 at 08:39 PM.
    ~Robin McKinley

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

392: Julio Scoundrél has a child in every port of the continent.

Find me a distinctly happy and a distinctly annoyed Belkar in the same panel.
    Last edited by Beni-Kujaku; 2023-03-10 at 02:31 AM.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

Beni-Kujaku: are you thinking of #606 11th panel? Or are those Belkars not annoyed distinctly enough? OQ if it's suitable.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2023-03-10 at 05:09 AM.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Beni-Kujaku: are you thinking of #606 11th panel? Or are those Belkars not annoyed distinctly enough? OQ if it's suitable.
    That's why I said "distinctly". The chain of Belkars here is just at the standard expressionless OotS face, which has the lips slightly downwards.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ding‚ ding‚ we have a winner!

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nobody takes the OQ? Oh well, find me a capital letter being used neither at the beginning of a word nor in an all caps word, nor in an onomatopeia.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Pixie in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Nobody takes the OQ? Oh well, find me a capital letter being used neither at the beginning of a word nor in an all caps word, nor in an onomatopeia.
    Does (1.67x1015)Q's name count or is that an all-caps name since the only letter in it is a capital?

26. - Top - End - #986
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

If that doesn't count, then "I'm gettin' an iPad!" (#827) surely does.

27. - Top - End - #987

ClericGuy

Find a statement that claims an orifice has a body part, in such a manner that would be physically impossible in a natural state.
    ~Robin McKinley

28. - Top - End - #988
    Pixie in the Playground

snip
    Should we wait for Beni-Kujaku to confirm if either answer is correct first?

29. - Top - End - #989

Quote Originally Posted by Omomuro View Post
    Should we wait for Beni-Kujaku to confirm if either answer is correct first?
    It would be the courteous thing to do, but it's not strictly neccessary. Mr. Baggins's answer clearly meets the specified parameters.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    It would be the courteous thing to do, but it's not strictly neccessary. Mr. Baggins's answer clearly meets the specified parameters.
    It do, but if the first answer works, they may have a question in mind.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1