New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    I have one word for you: "Go".
    Ehhh, maybe? Telling someone to "go" is pretty explicitly telling someone to leave. I'm thinking something much more indirect. More like: "Those villages won't rescue themselves" or something more like that.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Ehhh, maybe? Telling someone to "go" is pretty explicitly telling someone to leave. I'm thinking something much more indirect. More like: "Those villages won't rescue themselves" or something more like that.
    He said "go" as telling Elan the name of the game, which the bard took as being told to leave. Ergo, elan was told to go without actually being told to go.

EDIT:I probably shouldn't have linked the next page after that in addition, my apologies for that.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-03-27 at 11:42 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

On the subject of being turned into pub snacks, Vaarsuvius has this to say: Fireball!

Find someone telling someone else to leave without telling them to leave.
    I apologize for messing up and not giving the hint and answer on the 24-hour/48 hour marks, respectively. Had a lot going on last week and this week.

Glad Lord Torath got it.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ettin in the Playground

Ehhh, I guess. I was thinking more along the lines of the "Tell me you don't know anything about women without telling me you don't know anything about women" trope. Like people complaining about the light fuzz on Aloy's face when you zoomed in close in Horizon: Zero Dawn. Hinjo wasn't telling Elan to leave, he was telling him the name of the game, and Elan just misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I apologize for messing up and not giving the hint and answer on the 24-hour/48 hour marks, respectively. Had a lot going on last week and this week.

Glad Lord Torath got it.
    Pure luck. I was following the link from an old quiz question about pub snacks and saw the answer.

Current question:
    Show me a teeny tiny expression of divine wrath.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2023-03-27 at 11:52 AM.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Show me a teeny tiny expression of divine wrath.
    Possibly also the first thumbs up.

Name a problem that Haley, Hilgya and Serini have all had to deal with. Possibly with an exception for Serini due to discipline.

Spoiler: First hint
    Show
    Someone's husband was delighted when they finally overcame the problem!
    Last edited by enq; 2023-03-28 at 12:11 AM.
    I predict that Belkar will not die evil.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    I don't think it's a thumb.
    Last edited by Ron Miel; 2023-03-28 at 09:35 AM.
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

7. - Top - End - #1057

ClericGuy

Possibly also the first thumbs up.

Name a problem that Haley, Hilgya and Serini have all had to deal with. Possibly with an exception for Serini due to discipline.

Show
    Someone's husband was delighted when they finally overcame the problem!
    Gah, I knew this one before the hint but didn't have time to track the pages down.

bathroom, bathroom, and bathroom.

Show me a panel of two people saying the same word at the same time, with very different emotional reactions behind the use of that word.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-03-28 at 09:58 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay, that bathroom one was good. Nice job, you two.

Show me a panel of two people saying the same word at the same time, with very different emotional reactions behind the use of that word.
    Alarm and joy?
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-03-28 at 03:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Colossus in the Playground

But Hilgya wasn't actually in the bathroom, Ivan just had brain damage and thought she'd literally been there for months.

10. - Top - End - #1060

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    But Hilgya wasn't actually in the bathroom, Ivan just had brain damage and thought she'd literally been there for months.
    He was overjoyed when she came back from her "bathroom" troubles. It directly lines up with Enq's hint, even if you could argue against it being an answer to the original question.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    That is correct! Your question if you want it Meta, otherwise OQ.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

11. - Top - End - #1061

BardGuy

Yes, it's the answer I had in mind. Yes, it's accepting Ivan's comical misconception as reality, but I think we do that with Elan all the time.

ZhonLord's question is similar to another one I wanted to ask, so let's keep that theme going.

Find me two people saying the same thing at the same time, but a different two people actually hear that they both say it. There can be one overlapping person, but not two. So A and B say something at the same time, but B and C (or C and D) hear it.

Show
    I'm B.

Spoiler: Second hint
    Show
    We heard only A, but neither of us is A.

Spoiler: Third hint (also updated second)
    Show
    I killed C shortly thereafter. It had... consequences.
    Last edited by enq; 2023-03-30 at 12:06 PM.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

I was going to suggest this based on hints 1&2, but 3 definitely confirms.

Find me two different people who complain about small portions (in those terms, not Thog being out of fudge ripple)

13. - Top - End - #1063

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JNinja View Post
    Find me two different people who complain about small portions (in those terms, not Thog being out of fudge ripple)
    Does a small healing spell portion count?

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

No, they use the word “portions”

15. - Top - End - #1065

BardGuy

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Colossus in the Playground

And Roy's life energy is filling.

OQ.

17. - Top - End - #1067

ClericGuy

Here's an easy one, while I figure out wording on another:

Find me a series of ineffective monster attacks, displayed across multiple panels in the same page.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

18. - Top - End - #1068

BardGuy

Here's an easy one, while I figure out wording on another:

Find me a series of ineffective monster attacks, displayed across multiple panels in the same page.
    Not so easy. This is the best I can do on short notice, but it doesn't feel like a natural 20. We are looking for monsters making ineffective attacks, yes? Not receiving them.

Oh, or maybe this?

(OQ if correct or correct enough)
    Last edited by enq; 2023-03-31 at 07:19 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1069

ClericGuy

Not so easy. This is the best I can do on short notice, but it doesn't feel like a natural 20. We are looking for monsters making ineffective attacks, yes? Not receiving them.

Oh, or maybe this?

(OQ if correct or correct enough)
    Mama Dragon qualifies, though it wasn't my intent. I'll see if I can reword it later.

Onward with the OQ!
    ~Robin McKinley

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

ZhonLord: were you perhaps thinking of #77 whole strip?

21. - Top - End - #1071

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Yup, THERE'S the one!
    ~Robin McKinley

22. - Top - End - #1072

BardGuy

Claiming OQ: What piece of non-weapon equipment does O-Chul have that Nale needs?
    Last edited by enq; 2023-03-31 at 09:55 AM. Reason: sorry, not the katana :P

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Yup, THERE'S the one!
    Ah, see, I thought of that one, but decided that the attacks were not ineffectual, just nullified almost immediately. If they were ineffectual, no "Cure Assorted Wounds" spells would have been cast.

Here's the current question:
    What piece of non-weapon equipment does O-Chul have that Nale needs?
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2023-03-31 at 10:06 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1074

ClericGuy

Claiming OQ: What piece of non-weapon equipment does O-Chul have that Nale needs?
    My first guess would be a waterproof cloak, but O-Chul's is WEATHER proof, so I'm not sure it qualifies?

Ah, see, I thought of that one, but decided that the attacks were not ineffectual, just nullified almost immediately. If they were ineffectual, no "Cure Assorted Wounds" spells would have been cast.
    I was treating ineffective as "effectively accomplished nothing", apologies for the confusion there. But as I said before, mama Dragon qualified as well so there was an answer regardless of interpretation.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-03-31 at 10:14 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1075

BardGuy

My first guess would be a waterproof cloak, but O-Chul's is WEATHER proof, so I'm not sure it qualifies?
    It's what I had in mind. I feel a weatherproof cloak ought to be waterproof.

26. - Top - End - #1076

ClericGuy

It's what I had in mind. I feel a weatherproof cloak ought to be waterproof.
    Fair enough. In that case, find me two words that result in three consecutive beat panels.

Reminder: a beat panel is one without dialogue, designed to approximate the comedic pause leading up to a punchline.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-03-31 at 11:09 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ettin in the Playground

Reminder: a beat panel is one without dialogue, designed to approximate the comedic pause leading up to a punchline.
    Just a pair of examples: Panel 8: Beat Panel. Panel 7: NOT a Beat Panel.

Fair enough. In that case, find me two words that result in three consecutive beat panels.

28. - Top - End - #1078

ClericGuy

find me two words that result in three consecutive beat panels.

24 hour hint: Those two words refer to the retention of an important asset.
    ~Robin McKinley

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Firbolg in the Playground

(Man, for a moment I thought it might be "Razor, go!", but that's only two beats however I may look at it.)

30. - Top - End - #1080

BardGuy

24 hour hint: Those two words refer to the retention of an important asset.
    If it's followed by three panels of people probably being confused, I'm going to guess this asset is important only to Elan.